Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-27-19, 11:24 AM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
CCC Changes Coming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dograt View Post
Bring back the SRC!
Tipp would have to join and that wouldn't be good. Versailles would just beat up everyone again. SCC would get killed. Milton would fair better than they did back then. East and Covington would challenge Versailles.
If you had an SRC that had...

Milton-Union
Versailles
Covington
Ft Loramie
Miami East
Bethel
Lehman Catholic
You'd have a very strong conference. Versailles won't leave the MAC. NO WAY.
Invite Northwestern and Graham. Would they leave the CBC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-27-19, 11:32 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoprat2 View Post
Covington was in the SRC. Bethel was not. Covington bolted when they saw their run of success coming up short against Tipp,Versailles. They held the secret talks then, when word got out as it always seems to happen Tipp and MU started looking for a place to land. ME went with Covington to the Ccc. The schools that got screwed were Stebbins and Springfield Catholic. It did take a little bit for Versailles to land in the MAC.

Milton didn't start looking until SCC and others looked because of the whole Versailles and Lehman not having soccer issue. Milton took an invite from the SWBL via Niswonger and rejoined their original league.
Milton's AD, Bill Overla, bolted and left Tipp to find a home.
I was fortunate enough to be kept in the loop by Overla.
I highly doubt Milton will leave the SWBL. Milton is a founding member.
The 4 outcasts might have to become independent until a league forms.

Old 01-27-19, 01:05 PM
All World

D4fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
You're wrong. Covington was in the SRC.

Got it , Chief.

I was very, very wromg.
Old 01-27-19, 05:45 PM
Junior Varsity

GeorgetownTiger is on a distinguished road
From what I understand Bethel was in the TRC with Covington until the late 70s. These were the years Bethel got destroyed in football by Covington and Graham. When the CCC was forming in the late 70s Bethel was one of the original members. At this point Covington stayed in the TRC and then with some consolidation and expansion in the 80s it then became the SRC.
Old 01-27-19, 06:29 PM
All Ohio

Rangerfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
Yes it would but even then we could also choose to remain at 9 and play 2 non conference games and not have to drop anybody from the league schedule. I would love to see Fort Loramie join the league but if we added another football only member, I can see more MAC people throwing a fit like they already do for Anna. Is it time for Parkway to go? Well that's up for them to decide.
I doubt the MAC will go back to an odd number of teams and trying to schedule those late season non-conference games anytime soon (at least not voluntarily).
Old 01-27-19, 08:03 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgetownTiger View Post
From what I understand Bethel was in the TRC with Covington until the late 70s. These were the years Bethel got destroyed in football by Covington and Graham. When the CCC was forming in the late 70s Bethel was one of the original members. At this point Covington stayed in the TRC and then with some consolidation and expansion in the 80s it then became the SRC.

TRC members Covington, Miami East, Graham, Versailles, Lehman and SCC joined SWBL members Milton-Union and Tippecanoe to form the SRC with the first year being the 1981-82 school year. It was my Junior year at Milton-Union.

Old 01-27-19, 11:56 PM
All Region

shoprat2 is on a distinguished road
My point was that I think it ironic Covington held the secret talks that led to the breakup of the SRC. Now Covington is the one getting backdoored by secret talks.
I think anyone that watched will agree the SRC was a good and highly competitive league. I enjoyed watching Stebbins sneak by SCC with far better talent and when they jumped around like the Super Bowl. It was easy to predict they would lose to Versailles. Which Stebbins did,even though the Indians had two dominant studs that went on to the NFL. Btw that league also had some great wrestling programs. Shame it went away.
Old 01-28-19, 06:57 AM
All Ohio

dograt is on a distinguished road
yeah, but Covington left the SRC 10 years before it died. (replaced by Stebbins, who was replaced by Ben Logan) I dont really think them leaving led to the breakup, and I don't think there were secret talks. In fact, I think the SRC died because everyone was open! A few schools let the league know they were looking. Because of that, when MU got an invite from the SWBL (and was afraid of being left alone if those schools left) they bolted. that was the beginning of the end.
Old 01-28-19, 07:17 AM
All District

BigK72 is on a distinguished road
To be fair, Covington was invited to stay with the other 10; leaving out Miami East, Bethel, and Ft. Loramie. Covington said they wanted to stay with East, so the remaining 10 schools decided to add them to the list. If what's in these articles happens exactly (ME, Covington, Bethel, FL being left behind), Covington will have made that choice themselves.
Old 01-28-19, 07:36 AM
All Ohio

Are those 10 inviting in other schools? I've heard maybe a few Preble county teams have been invited?
Old 01-28-19, 08:30 AM
Freshman

JackAttack is on a distinguished road
Here is a little food for thought on a Monday morning....

MVL:
Troy, Piqua, Xenia, Stebbins, Greenville, Tipp, WC, Fairborn, Butler, Sidney, then add Bellbrok and Franklin

Swbl:
Madison, M-U, Waynsville, Northridge, Carlisle, Brookville, Monroe, Oakwood, Eaton, VV, then add Bethel, Covington, F-L, and M-E

CCC: Ansonia, Arcanum, Bradford, F-M, N-T, Newton, T-C-N, T-V, T-V-S, then add Dixie and Preble Shawnee

Hope I didn't leave any school out,
Old 01-28-19, 08:33 AM
Freshman

left out Mississinawa in CCC, sorry
Old 01-28-19, 09:15 AM
All District

BigK72 is on a distinguished road
I don't think you're too far off Jack. That makes a lot of sense.
Old 01-28-19, 09:34 AM
Freshman

OHCStrong is on a distinguished road
I could see the OHC jumping all over this, despite what many think. And I know some of the ADs have interest.

Miami East makes a ton of sense. I could see them adding Miami East and one other, maybe Covington (Fort Loramie makes more sense, but I think they would want them for all sports).
Old 01-28-19, 09:36 AM
All Ohio

Looks good JackAttack, but....

less than zero chance Bellbrook leaves the SWBL voluntarily. They have run screaming from any chance in the past. They like being the big fish, and they would be the farthest school in a league mostly north of Dayton. Not sure the MVL wants to add 2 more before they've even started league play. This is what SHOULD happen. Bellbrook and Franklin have 80 more boys than the next closest league school, and have more boys than 6 league schools have kids! This will eventually kill the SWBL if those 2 don't leave, but geographically I'm not sure the MVL is enticing enough for them to go. Bellbrook to Greenville for a wednesday night middle school volleyball game sounds fun!

your CCC makes perfect sense. 12 schools, and 10 play football (assuming Bradford holds on). I think this is likely to happen.

Your SWBL would stretch from Fort Loramie to Monroe...wow, that's a bus ride. But if it's divided north/south I really love it
s - n
Waynesville - Milton
Carlisle - Brookville
Madison - Miami East
Oakwood - Covington
Valley View - Bethel
Eaton - Fort Loramie
Monroe - Northridge

the question then becomes, why not find 2 more and just become 2 separate leagues? And that north division looks an awful lot like what others are suggesting.

It would really be something if 3 leagues get jacked around through all of this, and when the dust settles Trotwood still doesn't have a home. I would love to see them in the MVL and West Carrollton added to the SWBL.

Last edited by dograt; 01-28-19 at 09:59 AM.
Old 01-28-19, 10:35 AM
Freshman

Bellbrook is growing fast and them leaving the SWBL will need to happen in the next 5-10 years(IMO). Xenia to Greenville isn't any better than Bellbrook to Greenville.

I would say Xenia, Fairborn, Bellbrook, Stebbins, Franklin and WC are all geographically close for one side and the other side falls into shape too.

The SWBL already has 14 teams, so I just kept it there, but the N/S divide you made up would work.

Like I said, its just good conversation.

I have no solution for Trotwood?
Old 01-28-19, 11:19 AM
All Ohio

bcw is on a distinguished road
Miami East makes a great fit for the OHC for both sides. Bethel is the next best fit geographically. Covington is getting out there. It would cause a few Hour and twenty minute bus rides. Fort Loramie doesn’t make any sense to me. Too far away and the whole only in the league for football doesn’t add up for a league that’s already strong.

I would be surprised if this happens but who knows. It just takes one or two strong voices to push these kinds of things.
Old 01-28-19, 11:53 AM
All Region

ReadyKnightsFan is on a distinguished road
"Many of the member schools in the Cross County Conference felt changes were necessary.”

Meaning we were tired of getting our a** beat and chose a cowards way out. Great look for those 10 programs. This is extremely shady.
Old 01-28-19, 12:44 PM
All District

BucksFan937 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyKnightsFan View Post
"Many of the member schools in the Cross County Conference felt changes were necessary.”

Meaning we were tired of getting our a** beat and chose a cowards way out. Great look for those 10 programs. This is extremely shady.
Personally I think there is a lot more involved with this than just football, but I do agree this is extremely shady with how it sounds this was handled. I still think that a change was needed though, and I think it will end up better for everyone.
Old 01-28-19, 01:14 PM
All Region

ReadyKnightsFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucksFan937 View Post
Personally I think there is a lot more involved with this than just football, but I do agree this is extremely shady with how it sounds this was handled. I still think that a change was needed though, and I think it will end up better for everyone.
I'm trying to understand the logic of accepting Fort Loramie into the league, only to backdoor them two years later.

You also cannot look past kicking out the league champion in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 and say it wasn't about football. On top of that, they want to bypass the penalties of pulling out of the league? What a joke. All 10 of those programs should be ashamed. Its bad optics and they simply look like nothing more than sore losers. Bethel, Covington, Fort Loramie, and Miami East deserve better than this mess of a conference.
Old 01-28-19, 01:38 PM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyKnightsFan View Post
I'm trying to understand the logic of accepting Fort Loramie into the league, only to backdoor them two years later.

You also cannot look past kicking out the league champion in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 and say it wasn't about football. On top of that, they want to bypass the penalties of pulling out of the league? What a joke. All 10 of those programs should be ashamed. Its bad optics and they simply look like nothing more than sore losers. Bethel, Covington, Fort Loramie, and Miami East deserve better than this mess of a conference.
and I think they are about to get it
Old 01-28-19, 01:46 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
and I think they are about to get it
No kidding!
take those 4 schools, add possible schools Troy Christian, Lehman, and Milton.
All 7 schools have been in the playoffs as recently as 3 years ago. Many of those schools make the playoffs as often or more often than they don't. Who is the easy game on that schedule?
Old 01-28-19, 02:52 PM
All Ohio

Exit 29 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Looks good JackAttack, but....

less than zero chance Bellbrook leaves the SWBL voluntarily. They have run screaming from any chance in the past. They like being the big fish, and they would be the farthest school in a league mostly north of Dayton. Not sure the MVL wants to add 2 more before they've even started league play. This is what SHOULD happen. Bellbrook and Franklin have 80 more boys than the next closest league school, and have more boys than 6 league schools have kids! This will eventually kill the SWBL if those 2 don't leave, but geographically I'm not sure the MVL is enticing enough for them to go. Bellbrook to Greenville for a wednesday night middle school volleyball game sounds fun!

your CCC makes perfect sense. 12 schools, and 10 play football (assuming Bradford holds on). I think this is likely to happen.

Your SWBL would stretch from Fort Loramie to Monroe...wow, that's a bus ride. But if it's divided north/south I really love it
s - n
Waynesville - Milton
Carlisle - Brookville
Madison - Miami East
Oakwood - Covington
Valley View - Bethel
Eaton - Fort Loramie
Monroe - Northridge

the question then becomes, why not find 2 more and just become 2 separate leagues? And that north division looks an awful lot like what others are suggesting.

It would really be something if 3 leagues get jacked around through all of this, and when the dust settles Trotwood still doesn't have a home. I would love to see them in the MVL and West Carrollton added to the SWBL.

I think Monroe would try to find a home in SWOC with Edgewood and Ross before they played in a league with mostly Dayon schools. I don't think Franklin or Bellbrook would go to the MVL, I believe its more likely that Bellbrook joins Wilmington and CM while Franklin joins Edgewood, Monroe, Ross, and Talawanda.
Old 01-28-19, 04:34 PM
All Yappi

winbypin will become famous soon enough
Quote:
No kidding!
take those 4 schools, add possible schools Troy Christian, Lehman, and Milton.
All 7 schools have been in the playoffs as recently as 3 years ago. Many of those schools make the playoffs as often or more often than they don't. Who is the easy game on that schedule?
Per Blessemall...no way milton is leaving their current league.
Old 01-28-19, 04:40 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
Per Blessemall...no way milton is leaving their current league.

That's what I've been told by someone higher up than me.
Why would Milton leave? Other than travel, we already play those schools except FL.

Old 01-28-19, 04:45 PM
All Yappi

winbypin will become famous soon enough
Quote:
That's what I've been told by someone higher up than me.
Why would Milton leave? Other than travel, we already play those schools except FL.

Not close enough to know the ins & outs over there and you are so I believe you.

My guess is it would take something very dramatic in their current league to make them leave. Like the GWOC/MVL situation.
Old 01-28-19, 04:47 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
Not close enough to know the ins & outs over there and you are so I believe you.

My guess is it would take something very dramatic in their current league to make them leave. Like the GWOC/MVL situation.

Yeah. Being an original member of the SWBL like Brookville, I highly doubt we move. That was tried with the SRC back in 1981 and it didn't work.

Old 01-29-19, 07:41 AM
All District

BucksFan937 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yeah. Being an original member of the SWBL like Brookville, I highly doubt we move. That was tried with the SRC back in 1981 and it didn't work.

What do you think will happen to the Buckeye division of the SWBL after losing 2 schools? Maybe move Brookville over and then have 2 divisions of 6 schools? That might make the most sense. I don't see it likely that you will add the 4 CCC schools to the conference. I think it's more likely they stay in the conference together and add additional schools as it's been discussed in here already.
Old 01-29-19, 08:07 AM
All Ohio

I don't think Brookville will move. They were in the small side once and hated it. The SWBL has never really been a league that forced things. If they say no I don't know if the others would force them.

2 divisions of 6 schools would now mean 2 crossover games in football. The crossovers are the reason Dixie and Preble are tempted by the CCC. The record of crossover games has been dismal for the Buckeye division.

I agree with you that I don't think the SWBL will let in East,Covington,etc.. Most of the schools are south of town and don't want more travel.

Milton might have a huge decision. If the SWBL doesn't change, I don't think MU goes anywhere. But if Dixie and/or Preble leave, the whole dynamic changes. If MU leaves to join the old CCC schools, now Northridge is on the hot seat. Would they want to stay in the SWBL without the 3 schools that left? Their schedule just got tougher! They may want to go with MU.

Short version. The SWBL has known for a while that some Buckeye schools were unhappy with the crossover. They could've brought in 2 more schools, or asked Bellbrook and Franklin to leave (those 2 are much bigger than the rest). They did nothing, so I'll be shocked if everything remians the same.
Old 01-29-19, 08:31 AM
All Yappi

The idea of Milton joining 3 county schools the same size and adding a quality school like Ft Loramie makes sense from a rivalry and gate aspect for Milton. The SWBL schools don't travel to Milton. Bethel and FL would be new opponents.
Preble and Dixie would be tempted by the Preble County schools I'm sure.
The travel in the buckeye is terrible. Waynesville, Carlisle and Shawnee are just silly for Milton and those communities. But, switching conference affiliations is a huge move that Milton and others would have to undertake. Not an easy job.
Would Ft Loramie welcome Milton in a league? Travel to FL up 48/66 is about the same as driving to Carlisle. Would they join another league? Who else joins these schools to make a 7 or 8 team league? D7s Troy Christian and Lehman? For Milton, d7 schools in Football would not be good. FL would be lost for Basketball. Milton would be largest school and for playoffs that might spell trouble for football. Other sports would be fine. Wrestling, Girls sports, and Track would be fine.
I'm sure many SWBL schools would welcome Milton's departure, but MU did this back in 1982 with the SRC. Nothing is a sure thing. The SRC wasn't a good move for MU.