Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-22-19, 11:45 PM
All American

TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
Spoke to quite a few people involved and suggested the 4 out plus MU etc should take on the Stillwater Valley Conference or Southwestern Athletic Conference. One suggested the Miami Valley Athletic Conference.
The 10 (12) should be made to change their name to something other than CCC.
Troy Christian will not compete in a new league for wrestling. Told that by someone who knows.
Ft Loramie playing Milton will be fun. Bethel is now larger than MU. They could catch Tipp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I donít see Bethel catching Tipp anytime soon, Tipp is undergoing a lot of development themselves, including a new 75 houses behind the Meyer Distribution center and a 30 house neighborhood off of Evanston Road behind the retirement home
Old 02-23-19, 03:58 PM
All District

joe51391 is on a distinguished road
Does anyone with SWBL ties know if any schools are looking to jump ship? I could see the MAC adding Covington and FL while bethel and ME go to the SWBL and Dixie and PS go to the new CCC.
Old 02-23-19, 04:08 PM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe51391 View Post
Does anyone with SWBL ties know if any schools are looking to jump ship? I could see the MAC adding Covington and FL while bethel and ME go to the SWBL and Dixie and PS go to the new CCC.
Not happening anytime soon. And who is keeping the CCC name? The Darke/Preble schools or is it the Miami County schools because the others left?
Old 02-23-19, 05:41 PM
All World

D4fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
From an all sports scenario can't see Covington even wanting to consider that move. I believe originally Covington was invited to join the other 10, it is Bethel and East that are causing problems.
Old 02-23-19, 06:18 PM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4fan View Post
From an all sports scenario can't see Covington even wanting to consider that move. I believe originally Covington was invited to join the other 10, it is Bethel and East that are causing problems.

Miami East and Bethel causing problems? Because of growth?
They might replace Preble and Dixie.

Old 02-23-19, 06:22 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

Dixie and Preble Shawnee from what I've heard. I'd like to see Miami East and Bethel join the SWBL to replace those two. Covington could join the OHC or other CCC teams.

Buckeye Division:
Milton Union
Waynesville
Carlisle
Northridge
Madison
Miami East
Bethel

Old 02-23-19, 06:23 PM
All District

BucksFan937 is on a distinguished road
https://www.tdn-net.com/sports/58088...comes-official

Another article
Old 02-23-19, 06:25 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Miami East and Bethel causing problems? Because of growth?
They might replace Preble and Dixie.

From everything it sounds like a case of winning too much, with others expecting it to only get worse due to growth.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 02-23-19, 06:33 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucksFan937 View Post

McBride is a tool. Newton worried about competitive balance in sports other than Football? Newton doesn't play the sport. Covington is mid range and they kick butt. Seems like throwing Miami East under the bus and Bethel as well, is McBride trying to govern a mass exodus that makes little sense. Ft Loramie isn't much bigger than Newton.
FM and Newton have no good reason to leave in my opinion

Old 02-23-19, 07:51 PM
Freshman

rdj173123 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
McBride is a tool. Newton worried about competitive balance in sports other than Football? Newton doesn't play the sport. Covington is mid range and they kick butt. Seems like throwing Miami East under the bus and Bethel as well, is McBride trying to govern a mass exodus that makes little sense. Ft Loramie isn't much bigger than Newton.

Their good reason is theyíre tired of losing. At least thatís a good reason in their eyes.
Old 02-23-19, 09:00 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdj173123 View Post
Their good reason is theyíre tired of losing. At least thatís a good reason in their eyes.

To teams their own size?

Old 02-23-19, 10:50 PM
All District

Quote:
To teams their own size?

Yeah I donít get it all. I donít see results changing much for a team like Newton, in regards to the other sports. But it is what is is. I look forward to seeing what the overall outcome is for all the teams. I hope it ends up working out better for Bethel, Miami East and Covington. I think Fort Loramie will be fine regardless. They are going to do well in football no matter where they are.
Old 02-24-19, 10:33 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Yeah I donít get it all. I donít see results changing much for a team like Newton, in regards to the other sports. But it is what is is. I look forward to seeing what the overall outcome is for all the teams. I hope it ends up working out better for Bethel, Miami East and Covington. I think Fort Loramie will be fine regardless. They are going to do well in football no matter where they are.

Agreed. Newton makes no sense anyway. Who cares what conference they are in?
Basketball, Baseball, Track, Softball tend to allow for more disparity in school enrollments.
Newton beats Milton in basketball quite a bit. Seems like McBride is trying to make a name for himself. You canít get much more competitive than the CCC.
There will always be a top dog in every conference. Citing football as a reason is laughable from the FM and Newton viewpoint.

Old 02-25-19, 08:56 AM
Freshman

Tipp of the Town is on a distinguished road
What are the graduating class numbers for the 10 schools. Would a consolidation make sense for some of these districts at some point?
Old 02-25-19, 09:09 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipp of the Town View Post
What are the graduating class numbers for the 10 schools. Would a consolidation make sense for some of these districts at some point?
I don't know graduating class sizes, but looking at enrollment numbers listed prior..... it would make sense to combine schools like Ansonia/Miss Valley. If you combine both schools they would have a boys number of 134, which is still a lower number then Bethel (178), Arcanum (156), East (153) and Trail (137). It would also be good for Bradford/Newton to consolidate with someone, but I'm not sure what makes the most sense there. I don't think it would ever happen, but it does make some sense to me.
Old 02-25-19, 09:43 AM
All Yappi

If the tax support ever isn't there for some of these smaller schools in western Miami, Darke and Preble counties, consolidation would make a ton of sense.

I'm kind of surprised it hasn't already. Some of these districts are pretty compact for being small town/rural school districts. Bradford, Covington and Newton combined (650 or so high school kids combined) would probably still be slightly smaller geographically than Miami East.

Old 02-25-19, 09:53 AM
All Ohio

dograt is on a distinguished road
These towns have too much community pride. I heard talk in the past of schools like Newton going away and the northern kids going to Covington and the southern to Milton. Not gonna happen, P Hill has pride in their school and will keep it even if they don't have a ton of graduates.
People who want it usually suggest it for sports reasons, but schools are about more than that.
Old 02-25-19, 10:30 AM
All Yappi

I'd assume that the local support is excellent, otherwise a lot of these would have been combined a long time ago. Some of these schools are very similar to some pre-consolidation OHC and CBC schools from the 50s, 60s and early 70s. It's impressive that they've stayed intact for this long.

Old 02-25-19, 12:55 PM
All District

dogsdogsdogs is on a distinguished road
I would say within the last 10 years several of these schools built new schools. When the planning for those schools was in the works someone should have forced consolidation. Schools already,do not have much money why not consolidate and make major admin cuts.
Old 02-25-19, 02:02 PM
All Yappi

CCC Changes Coming?

Quote:
I don't know graduating class sizes, but looking at enrollment numbers listed prior..... it would make sense to combine schools like Ansonia/Miss Valley. If you combine both schools they would have a boys number of 134, which is still a lower number then Bethel (178), Arcanum (156), East (153) and Trail (137). It would also be good for Bradford/Newton to consolidate with someone, but I'm not sure what makes the most sense there. I don't think it would ever happen, but it does make some sense to me.

Never happen. Ever. Newton, FM, Miss Valley and Ansonia are larger geographically. Indiana has county schools and they are pretty big. I could see that for Preble and maybe western Miami County. But the geography would prohibit it.
Milton, Newton, Covington and Bradford would give you another Troy. Miami East and Bethel would be another Tipp. But the sheer travel time is unthinkable.
Newton and Bradford are very proud communities.
Consolidation would make sense for Tri County and Twin Valley. Wonít happen. Eaton and Nat Trail. Wonít happen. Miami East and Bethel. FM,Arcanum and Tri Village.

Old 02-25-19, 02:08 PM
All Ohio

dograt is on a distinguished road
Now, One school district with several high schools would actually make sense! (like Kenton Ridge and Northeastern). One superintendent. One BOE. One of alot of positions where costs could be saved. But keep the local schools open.
Old 02-25-19, 02:15 PM
All District

BigK72 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Never happen. Ever. Newton, FM, Miss Valley and Ansonia are larger geographically. Indiana has county schools and they are pretty big. I could see that for Preble and maybe western Miami County. But the geography would prohibit it.
Milton, Newton, Covington and Bradford would give you another Troy. Miami East and Bethel would be another Tipp. But the sheer travel time is unthinkable.
Consolidation would make sense for Tri County and Twin Valley. Wonít happen. Eaton and Nat Trail. Wonít happen. Miami East and Bethel. FM,Arcanum and Tri Village.

Living in between these 3 communities, I can tell you that it'd be a nightmare. If there was 1 central school let's say in Arcanum, you'd have kids from parts of Tri-Village driving 25-30 minutes to school; just straight drive time. Now, if they did something like Kenton Ridge and NE, that'd make some kind of sense.

In general, why is this brought up with CCC teams but rarely with MAC teams?
Old 02-25-19, 03:13 PM
All Yappi

There are plenty of schools over my direction loosely in the OHC/CBC footprint where kids drive 25-30+ minutes to go to school. Graham, Madison-Plains, Miami Trace, etc. Heck, Miami Trace's school district is virtually all of Fayette county outside of Washington Court House. Trace probably has kids that drive 35-40 minutes or further.

I find it to be interesting that back in the day consolidation seemed to be rampant around here (Clark, Champaign, Logan, Madison, Union and Fayette counties), but not so much across much of Miami, Shelby, Darke, Preble, Mercer and Auglaize counties. I do agree that consolidated central administration at a minimum would make a ton of sense for these schools that average 40-60 kids per class.

Old 02-25-19, 04:55 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigK72 View Post
Living in between these 3 communities, I can tell you that it'd be a nightmare. If there was 1 central school let's say in Arcanum, you'd have kids from parts of Tri-Village driving 25-30 minutes to school; just straight drive time. Now, if they did something like Kenton Ridge and NE, that'd make some kind of sense.

In general, why is this brought up with CCC teams but rarely with MAC teams?
The majority of towns in our league are growing and/or running out of room to build houses and the schools are fiscally in good shape. Even a school like New Knoxville seems to be hanging on relatively ok.

The only consolidation that makes sense to me would be Bradford into Covington right now.
Old 02-25-19, 05:00 PM
All American

Quote:

Random question Bless'em. If Newton would try football again, wouldn't their enrollment grow?
Old 02-25-19, 06:35 PM
All Yappi

CCC Changes Coming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
Random question Bless'em. If Newton would try football again, wouldn't their enrollment grow?

Very doubtful. They are sandwiched in between Covington , Milton and Troy. Newton will never have football. Just judging by the people I know there. Itís kinda like Russia is to Versailles. P Hill is a quiet little town with a vibrant farming community. Thatís what the people want.

By the way 2012: my buddy from school is the principal at Ft Recovery. Bill Overla. Known him for 45 years.

Old 02-25-19, 07:18 PM
All Ohio

Rangerfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dograt View Post
Now, One school district with several high schools would actually make sense! (like Kenton Ridge and Northeastern). One superintendent. One BOE. One of alot of positions where costs could be saved. But keep the local schools open.
I've heard that song and dance before. Small school Boards of Education cost almost nothing. Consolidated school would have one superintendant, but how many assistant superintendants, how many extra principals at the various buildings, how much addition transportation costs.

I tend to greatly doubt any supposed "cost savings" of consolidation. As long as the schools are adequately supported financially, then smaller is in many ways better.
Old 02-25-19, 08:38 PM
Freshman

JackAttack is on a distinguished road
I know schools have consolidated in the past. Germantown and Farmersville were separate and now they make up Valley View. I really don’t know how or why it happened, but it seems like it has worked.
Old 02-25-19, 08:52 PM
All District

CoachRuxin is on a distinguished road
Quote:

And to think. A person on a message board calling a superintendent a tool. Stay classy BlessEm.
Old 02-26-19, 07:13 AM
All District

BigK72 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
When did Newton have football? I'm genuinely asking because I never knew they had it ever.

I know we've talked about it before, but it's funny looking at numbers and seeing how "big" Newton and FM are w/o football then look at Bradford w/ significantly less WITH football.