Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-07-18, 09:32 PM
Junior Varsity

4x section qualifer is on a distinguished road
Heard got 3rd at ironman when heard was healthy... what place did Andonian get?
Old 07-07-18, 09:42 PM
All American

darthmalice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x section qualifer View Post
Lost in conso qrt to Flo#7 @152 Colton Yapoujian 9-3, who lost to Heard 1- 0 in conso semi.
Old 07-07-18, 10:25 PM
All District

Crab Ride is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wristcontrol View Post
Put money where your mouth is everybody know what Heard can do injuryís happen all the time
You mad bro?
Old 07-07-18, 11:11 PM
All American

Divided42 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro Fan View Post
I have heard rumors that Ed’s could be adding a top incoming freshman, but I hear it is not official yet - This could effect 126 and 132
A top freshman from Ohio or another state? Seems like the top freshman to be from Ohio have already made their plans.
Old 07-08-18, 12:20 AM
Junior Varsity

wristcontrol is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crab Ride View Post
You mad bro?
No Iím not mad Iím just going to cover that 20 and bet 20 more lol just saying we all know what a healthy heard can get done
Old 07-08-18, 06:10 AM
All Ohio

chinwhip is on a distinguished road
I’ve been on Yappi since 2011 and July-February are typically Southwest Ohio’s time to shine. Back in the day I would read posts about Elder and Moeller making a run to dethrone Eds and now it’s Lasalle. Same song, different title... I would worry about Brecksville and Elyria first and then set my sights on Eds. You guys do have great chili though (do you put cinnamon in it?)
Old 07-08-18, 06:59 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinwhip View Post
Iíve been on Yappi since 2011 and July-February are typically Southwest Ohioís time to shine. Back in the day I would read posts about Elder and Moeller making a run to dethrone Eds and now itís Lasalle. Same song, different title... I would worry about Brecksville and Elyria first and then set my sights on Eds. You guys do have great chili though (do you put cinnamon in it?)
Byrd however is a freaking monster!!!
Old 07-08-18, 09:51 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinwhip View Post
Iíve been on Yappi since 2011 and July-February are typically Southwest Ohioís time to shine. Back in the day I would read posts about Elder and Moeller making a run to dethrone Eds and now itís Lasalle. Same song, different title... I would worry about Brecksville and Elyria first and then set my sights on Eds. You guys do have great chili though (do you put cinnamon in it?)
Yes sir. 1 tsp

www.pratesiliving.com/cincinnati- chili- mine- finally- tastes- like- skyline- chile/

has the recipe.
Old 07-08-18, 11:28 AM
All American

eliwes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x section qualifer View Post
its not how you start the season its how you finish in march.
Old 07-08-18, 08:06 PM
All American

brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBANDAWGPOUND View Post
If you ask his father, noone knows what they're talking about....he's not going to Lasalle lol.....his junior season he will go North I'm sure..Which ever city will let his dad ref...warning to all, dont have him ref he's horrible!!!!!!!!
I have no clue what you're trying to say in this post. No schools would allow his dad to ref any meets his son was involved in. And I'm guessing some of the most informed people in the state of Ohio have a decent idea of what's going on with a certain wrestler. Especially when they put their name on it.

To ask a coach to comment about a wrestler that may or may not be enrolled at their school is not only unethical, but would also break student privacy laws. To direct that question to Coach Root in a thread discussing a death in the wrestling community is extremely disrespectful
Old 07-08-18, 11:51 PM
All American

brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Provider View Post
Heard is 0 for 2 when it matters the most at the individual state tournament, where as his counter part at St. Ed's is 2 for 2. The real tale of the tape is Heard has NOT delivered when it matters MOST because he lost his freshman year in the district tournament, and did not place the last weekend of the season his sophomore year. Upsets and injuries have defined his career so far when it matters the most. His individual state tournament will have a huge impact on the team title for LaSalle. Coach Root will have to find a way to keep him healthy and get him in the top 3 at state to win a TEAM title.
I don't know Heard outside of wrestling but from what I've seen, he has the ability to do special things the next couple years. I watched him beat Fuqua (5th State) at Districts when it was obvious Heard wasn't close to 100%. At one point it even appeared he had a dislocation and put the injury back in place in order to finish. I think he went into State knowing he'd have a very difficult time just surviving a match but competed in hopes of helping LaSalle earn a few team points. He basically pulled a Hunter Stieber which is now being used against him.
Old 07-09-18, 05:38 AM
All District

Backsidetilt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Heard is 0 for 2 when it matters the most at the individual state tournament, where as his counter part at St. Ed's is 2 for 2. The real tale of the tape is Heard has NOT delivered when it matters MOST because he lost his freshman year in the district tournament, and did not place the last weekend of the season his sophomore year. Upsets and injuries have defined his career so far when it matters the most. His individual state tournament will have a huge impact on the team title for LaSalle. Coach Root will have to find a way to keep him healthy and get him in the top 3 at state to win a TEAM title.
You mean Heard is 0-2 and his counter part is 2-3?
Old 07-09-18, 06:07 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
This seems a little hateful bro... Heís one of the top kids in the state for sure. Ripping on some parents that pound their chest is one thing but to single out one kid is kind of a dik move
Old 07-10-18, 05:17 AM
All District

Backsidetilt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthmalice View Post
One problem is Voinovich won't beat B. A. if he wrestles him the same way he did at the Central regional freestyle finals( I know, that's freestyle but certain styles pose match up problems for some). Sam Dover was a match up problem.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Big difference is scoring from Freestyle to Folk style. I think B.A is suited for Freestyle! A lot of the Free points he scored were exposure points that he wouldn't get in Folk style. The scary thought is he's won 2 State Titles in Folk. lol. Very Dangerous! But there are a few that can beat B.A during the season! Will it be tough? Absolutely! imo
Old 07-10-18, 10:15 AM
All American

mailman112 is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=Boro Fan;7066038]I think Edís will look more like this...

106- Seefeldt
113- Delsanter (Gonna be a tough cut)
120- Rini
126- Richter/Poole
132- Bennett/Richter/Poole
138- Hepner
145- Andonian
152- Dover
160- Gallagher
170- Hightower
182- Garcar
195- Lisco
220- OíMalley
285- Kilbane

I agree with Boro here. I think the dual in Dec will be the feeling out match and I see Ed's losing that dual in LaSalle home gym. Then the duals come around and Ed's will make the proper adjustments and will be able to move kids (if they feel they have to) to have a better match up. I see Ed's winning the state duals by 10+. At least as of today. It's only July so all this is meaningless except it makes for great talk. If Ed's does indeed get another incoming Freshman that will make an impact that will really help this line up.
Old 07-10-18, 04:12 PM
All Ohio

roughedge is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=mailman112;7066829]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro Fan View Post
I think Edís will look more like this...

106- Seefeldt
113- Delsanter (Gonna be a tough cut)
120- Rini
126- Richter/Poole
132- Bennett/Richter/Poole
138- Hepner
145- Andonian
152- Dover
160- Gallagher
170- Hightower
182- Garcar
195- Lisco
220- OíMalley
285- Kilbane

I agree with Boro here. I think the dual in Dec will be the feeling out match and I see Ed's losing that dual in LaSalle home gym. Then the duals come around and Ed's will make the proper adjustments and will be able to move kids (if they feel they have to) to have a better match up. I see Ed's winning the state duals by 10+. At least as of today. It's only July so all this is meaningless except it makes for great talk. If Ed's does indeed get another incoming Freshman that will make an impact that will really help this line up.
I believe this is what Edís line up will look like next year or close to it. 113 and 138 are ? If they can make the cut
Old 07-10-18, 06:20 PM
All American

[QUOTE=roughedge;7066952]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman112 View Post

I believe this is what Edís line up will look like next year or close to it. 113 and 138 are ? If they can make the cut
I'll have my son slide them some of the special gummy worms at Fargo.