Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread

Old 07-04-18, 03:48 PM
All American

Nick Corey is on a distinguished road
And the accuser emails Jordan at 4:30am this morning, and Jordan takes it right to the police.
Old 07-04-18, 04:11 PM
All Region

TakeDown77 is on a distinguished road
Statement from Russ Hellickson :
"At no time while Jim Jordan was a coach with me at Ohio State did either of us ignore abuse of our wrestlers," the statement said. "That is not the kind of man Jim is, and it is not the kind of coach that I was.”
Old 07-04-18, 06:21 PM
All District

CoachKerry is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHiatt View Post
Did any coach across those 15 or so sports say anything?
Not that Ive heard and I guarantee it's because Jim Jordan wasn't their assistant coach. Hate to be so cynical but this is so obvious it's ridiculous.
Old 07-04-18, 06:25 PM
All District

Nick and takedown, did you see this on an article? I'd like to know your source. Thanks!
Old 07-04-18, 06:39 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKerry View Post
Nick and takedown, did you see this on an article? I'd like to know your source. Thanks!
Bottom of the page

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ate/758116002/
Old 07-04-18, 07:39 PM
All American

Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
History of DiSabito lawsuits......

https://www.thelantern.com/2009/11/f...to-ohio-state/
Old 07-04-18, 07:59 PM
All Region

A bit of History on Dunyasha Yetts

https://www.bizjournals.com/columbus...7/daily24.html

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...k-in-jail.html
Old 07-04-18, 08:26 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Corey View Post
And the accuser emails Jordan at 4:30am this morning, and Jordan takes it right to the police.
What is the source of this info?
Old 07-05-18, 01:36 AM
All District

Quote:
What is the source of this info?
Nevermind, found it! It was the interview yesterday and reported in a CNN article. Does say it was Mike but I kinda got the idea Jordan was referring to Mike.
Old 07-05-18, 07:19 AM
All American

ProV1 is on a distinguished road
It is easy to focus and discredit DiSabito. The facts are that these charges were raised long before Trump and Jordan’s most recent political rise. Hellikson acknowledged the accusations were brought to him as coach. Jordan is only implicated now because when asked what he knew, he denied any knowledge. That denial is being challenged. I have no idea if any of it is true, but if the investigation finds 10% of what is accused as legit, then I would find it hard to believe that Jordan did not know anything when the head coach did. That is just common sense I would think.
Old 07-05-18, 09:04 AM
All American

None of this is political. The guy threatened former Ohio State wrestler and USMC Major Ray Mendoza’s widow, saying she had no right to know everything he was doing with money he raised with Ray’s name and likeness. He threatened her. He bullied her. She had to seek a cease and desist. Who does that?
This is just tip of the iceberg stuff. Anyone thinking this isn’t a vengeance-driven witch hunt by Mike is wrong/misinformed. It dates back to 2005-6.

Last edited by Nick Corey; 07-05-18 at 09:24 AM.
Old 07-05-18, 09:14 AM
All Region

Lucksman is an unknown quantity at this point
Trying to ruin the Jordan name which is criminal, one thing that will be accomplished is this Disabato will ruin his family name.
Old 07-05-18, 09:53 AM
All World

cruiser_96 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
None of this is political. The guy threatened former Ohio State wrestler and USMC Major Ray Mendoza’s widow, saying she had no right to know everything he was doing with money he raised with Ray’s name and likeness. He threatened her. He bullied her. She had to seek a cease and desist. Who does that?
This is just tip of the iceberg stuff. Anyone thinking this isn’t a vengeance-driven witch hunt by Mike is wrong/misinformed. It dates back to 2005-6.
I suppose it would date back to the late 1980s, no?
Old 07-05-18, 10:03 AM
All American

Fair point.
Technically, one could argue that, Cruiser.
2005-6, OSU took the accuserís gear license from him. CF eventually became no more, and Rowlands left to get in with the development of RUDIS.
The success of RUDIS has Mike seething ever since.
Old 07-05-18, 10:09 AM
All American

BigM
Does anyone have any information on Dunyasha Yetts, one of the other wrestlers whose name occurs in the articles?
Old 07-05-18, 10:12 AM
All World

queencitybuckeye is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigM View Post
Does anyone have any information on Dunyasha Yetts, one of the other wrestlers whose name occurs in the articles?
www.dispatch.com/article/20120613/news/306139722
Old 07-05-18, 10:43 AM
All World

cruiser_96 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Fair point.
Technically, one could argue that, Cruiser.
2005-6, OSU took the accuserís gear license from him. CF eventually became no more, and Rowlands left to get in with the development of RUDIS.
The success of RUDIS has Mike seething ever since.
Noted.
Old 07-05-18, 11:26 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProV1 View Post
It is easy to focus and discredit DiSabito. The facts are that these charges were raised long before Trump and Jordan’s most recent political rise. Hellikson acknowledged the accusations were brought to him as coach. Jordan is only implicated now because when asked what he knew, he denied any knowledge. That denial is being challenged. I have no idea if any of it is true, but if the investigation finds 10% of what is accused as legit, then I would find it hard to believe that Jordan did not know anything when the head coach did. That is just common sense I would think.
Which explains why the assistant coach on the gymnastics team at MSU was the key figure on the Larry Nassar story?????????
Sorry but we'll agree to disagree on this one. If Jordan weren't in politics, you think his name would still be the lead on CNN and NBC?
I'm not saying he didn't know or suspect the pervert doc, but my guess is whatever he knew went up to Hellikson and the head coach and/or AD would handle such matters, not an assistant coach.
Old 07-05-18, 03:28 PM
Junior Varsity

dchdad is on a distinguished road
Cnn

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom 48 View Post
Do you think this could be a plot by the Ryan faction to prevent him from becoming speaker? Ryan was pretty quick to react.

"These are serious allegations and issues. The university has rightfully initiated a full investigation into the matter. The speaker will await the findings of that inquiry," said Doug Andres, a spokesman for Ryan, according to CNN.
Is that even on the air still? CNN?
Old 07-05-18, 03:45 PM
All American

Hammerdrill is on a distinguished road
The real story here is the mediaís war on all things conservative. There is simply no other reason for this to be a national story.
Old 07-05-18, 03:50 PM
All District

Crab Ride is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It is easy to focus and discredit DiSabito. The facts are that these charges were raised long before Trump and Jordanís most recent political rise. Hellikson acknowledged the accusations were brought to him as coach. Jordan is only implicated now because when asked what he knew, he denied any knowledge. That denial is being challenged. I have no idea if any of it is true, but if the investigation finds 10% of what is accused as legit, then I would find it hard to believe that Jordan did not know anything when the head coach did. That is just common sense I would think.
Please show me where Hellickson admitted he knew this. The only statement I saw by him was a categorical denial that either he or Jim knew anything. In fact, he calls Jordan the most honorable man heís ever known
Old 07-05-18, 04:07 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crab Ride View Post
Please show me where Hellickson admitted he knew this. The only statement I saw by him was a categorical denial that either he or Jim knew anything. In fact, he calls Jordan the most honorable man he’s ever known

I'm on your side and defending Jordan, but here's the quote:

"At no time while Jim Jordan was a coach with me at Ohio State did either of us ignore abuse of our wrestlers," the statement said. "That is not the kind of man Jim is, and it is not the kind of coach that I was.

That is a bit different than to categorically deny they were aware of hanky panky in Dr. Feelgood's office. They may have heard rumors and informed the AD of such rumors, hence, they didn't ignore the alleged abuse.

And if a certain wrestler wants to keep going back to Dr. Feelgood year after year after year for a finger injury........ well that's his business and I'm not gonna question it.
Old 07-05-18, 04:23 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope Francis 1 View Post
Which explains why the assistant coach on the gymnastics team at MSU was the key figure on the Larry Nassar story?????????
Sorry but we'll agree to disagree on this one. If Jordan weren't in politics, you think his name would still be the lead on CNN and NBC?
I'm not saying he didn't know or suspect the pervert doc, but my guess is whatever he knew went up to Hellikson and the head coach and/or AD would handle such matters, not an assistant coach.
From the NBC story:
ďIn a video made by DiSabato and sent to Ohio State in June, a former head wrestling coach, Russ Hellickson, said he had told administrators about Straussís behavior and had personally warned Strauss to stay away from the athletes, NBC reported.Ē

Hellickson has never denied there were accusations made. Obviously, Jordan in politics has put him in the public eye in this story. My point is that these accusations have been out there for years and the only reason Jordan is involved is because he denied any knowledge. Multiple wrestlers are challenging his denial. Maybe Hellickson knew about the accusations and Jordan did not but I find that kinda hard to believe.
Old 07-05-18, 04:36 PM
All District

Crab Ride is on a distinguished road
I think this becomes semantics at some point. So the doctor is whacky. I guess there’s a difference in my mind as to what or how they were “sexually abused.” Of every time you went to see the doc he wanted to check you for a hernia you might think it’s odd and creepy but I don’t know that’s being sexually abused. The problem is the doc is dead and it will be impossible to know if he did it for sexual gratification. I’m betting that even if that was the case the athletes didn’t feel sexually abused. Or as in the case that Pope mentioned, maybe a couple of these guys liked the idea of getting the cough test every time they saw the doc.
Old 07-05-18, 06:33 PM
All District

Quote:
From the NBC story:
ďIn a video made by DiSabato and sent to Ohio State in June, a former head wrestling coach, Russ Hellickson, said he had told administrators about Straussís behavior and had personally warned Strauss to stay away from the athletes, NBC reported.Ē

Hellickson has never denied there were accusations made. Obviously, Jordan in politics has put him in the public eye in this story. My point is that these accusations have been out there for years and the only reason Jordan is involved is because he denied any knowledge. Multiple wrestlers are challenging his denial. Maybe Hellickson knew about the accusations and Jordan did not but I find that kinda hard to believe.
When it comes to law and political statements, words have meaning, and you have to look at what is said as well as what is NOT said. You are saying that Jordan "denied any knowledge" of accusations. Did he? Let's review Jordan's official statement:

"Congressman Jordan never saw any abuse, never heard about any abuse, and never had any abuse reported to him during his time as a coach at Ohio State."

There are three claims to this statement as well as a qualifier. The qualifier is "during his time as coach at Ohio State." This means the three claims of this statement only apply to the time he was serving as assistant coach.

Let's look at the first claim:

"He never saw any abuse during his time as coach."

I think we understand what it means to have SEEN abuse. So far nobody has accused Jordan of having actually seen sexual abuse during this period.

Let's look at the third claim:

"He never had any abuse reported to him during his time as coach."

Not only would there probably be a record that could prove him wrong if he were lying about this, but DiSabato has not even accused Jordan of having abuse reported to him while he was a coach there.

If either the first or third claims were proven false, then your statement that Jordan "denied any knowledge" of accusations would obviously show that he made a clearly false statement. But so far that is not the case.

Now let's looks at the second claim:

"He never heard about any abuse while a coach at OSU."

I believe this is the statement that Mike DiSabato is referring to when he says "it's just not true." But is it really not true?

"Abuse" is a specific allegation. We are already pretty sure that abuse was never reported directly to Jordan while he was a coach. We also heard reports that Mike told Jordan that he was abused while he was at OSU, but Mike specifically said it was in recent conversations. Mike never claimed to have told Jordan about the abuse during his time as coach. So if Mike didn't tell Jordan he was abused while he was coach, did Yetts? Did the third accuser?

Most importantly, if nobody reported a specific abuse to Jordan while he was coach at OSU, then how could he say he "heard about abuse during his time as coach" at OSU??? It sounded like the wrestlers may have been spreading rumors about the doctor based on something. But does hearsay count as abuse? Do rumors count as "hearing about abuse?" The answer is NO because abuse is a specific thing that either someone says happened or not.

Some of you may not like this line of reasoning, but it is what it is, and that's the way statements work in law and politics. Unless Mike at least says to someone that he actually told Jordan during his time as coach that he was abused, it sounds like Mike has yet to contradict Jordan's official statement. Why hasn't CNN asked these obvious questions? Incompetence? No I think they are afraid of what Mike's answer might be, and that might mess up their narrative.
Old 07-05-18, 06:33 PM
Freshman

maddad is on a distinguished road
Jim Jordan Vrs Michael Disabato Now that's a hard one. CNN and Fusions GPS firm is all I needed to hear. Good Luck being the new Speaker of the House Mr. Jordan.
Old 07-05-18, 09:25 PM
All Ohio

wrestlfan is on a distinguished road
could you imagine what any of the disabatos would do to a dr. that tried to sexually mess with them...
Old 07-05-18, 09:34 PM
All Ohio

wrestlfan is on a distinguished road
crap is going to hit the fan.
BUT
the only reason Jordan is involved in the way he is is because the media is so desperate to tear down the right. Its sad that a man of Jim Jordans integrity is having to go through this
Old 07-05-18, 09:37 PM
All American

Quote:
When it comes to law and political statements, words have meaning, and you have to look at what is said as well as what is NOT said. You are saying that Jordan "denied any knowledge" of accusations. Did he? Let's review Jordan's official statement:

"Congressman Jordan never saw any abuse, never heard about any abuse, and never had any abuse reported to him during his time as a coach at Ohio State."

There are three claims to this statement as well as a qualifier. The qualifier is "during his time as coach at Ohio State." This means the three claims of this statement only apply to the time he was serving as assistant coach.

Let's look at the first claim:

"He never saw any abuse during his time as coach."

I think we understand what it means to have SEEN abuse. So far nobody has accused Jordan of having actually seen sexual abuse during this period.

Let's look at the third claim:

"He never had any abuse reported to him during his time as coach."

Not only would there probably be a record that could prove him wrong if he were lying about this, but DiSabato has not even accused Jordan of having abuse reported to him while he was a coach there.

If either the first or third claims were proven false, then your statement that Jordan "denied any knowledge" of accusations would obviously show that he made a clearly false statement. But so far that is not the case.

Now let's looks at the second claim:

"He never heard about any abuse while a coach at OSU."

I believe this is the statement that Mike DiSabato is referring to when he says "it's just not true." But is it really not true?

"Abuse" is a specific allegation. We are already pretty sure that abuse was never reported directly to Jordan while he was a coach. We also heard reports that Mike told Jordan that he was abused while he was at OSU, but Mike specifically said it was in recent conversations. Mike never claimed to have told Jordan about the abuse during his time as coach. So if Mike didn't tell Jordan he was abused while he was coach, did Yetts? Did the third accuser?

Most importantly, if nobody reported a specific abuse to Jordan while he was coach at OSU, then how could he say he "heard about abuse during his time as coach" at OSU??? It sounded like the wrestlers may have been spreading rumors about the doctor based on something. But does hearsay count as abuse? Do rumors count as "hearing about abuse?" The answer is NO because abuse is a specific thing that either someone says happened or not.

Some of you may not like this line of reasoning, but it is what it is, and that's the way statements work in law and politics. Unless Mike at least says to someone that he actually told Jordan during his time as coach that he was abused, it sounds like Mike has yet to contradict Jordan's official statement. Why hasn't CNN asked these obvious questions? Incompetence? No I think they are afraid of what Mike's answer might be, and that might mess up their narrative.
Wow. This is exactly what is wrong with the country today. By any normal interpretation, Jordan has claimed that he knew nothing of those accusations. He may be truthful or he may be lying. Regardless, to defend him as truthful based on a dissection and leaps of interpretation of his statement is ridiculous. Not surprised based on the climate today though. There seems to be a lot of that kind logic going on these days. No more truth vs dishonesty. Just a lot of bul____.
Old 07-05-18, 10:05 PM
All American

Quote:
Wow. This is exactly what is wrong with the country today. By any normal interpretation, Jordan has claimed that he knew nothing of those accusations. He may be truthful or he may be lying. Regardless, to defend him as truthful based on a dissection and leaps of interpretation of his statement is ridiculous. Not surprised based on the climate today though. There seems to be a lot of that kind logic going on these days. No more truth vs dishonesty. Just a lot of bul____.
"That depends on what the meaning of the word is, is."
The gymnastics with our politicians words started long ago.
Closed Thread