Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread

Old 07-03-18, 10:35 AM
All Region

TakeDown77 is on a distinguished road
Jim Jordan accused of ignoring sex abuse while at Ohio State

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ate/754455002/

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...sexual-n888386

Last edited by TakeDown77; 07-03-18 at 10:58 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-18, 10:43 AM
All World

queencitybuckeye is on a distinguished road
At least DiSabato put his name on it. As it stands, the other two are cowards. And no, I'm not a Jordan fan (as a representative).
Old 07-03-18, 10:51 AM
All Region

TakeDown77 is on a distinguished road
Connect the dot's....Rudis part owner Jeff Jordan is brother of Jim Jordan. Rudis basically put Disabato / Cage Fighter out of business. I'd say Mike Disabato has a reason to go after the Jordan's with untrue accusations.
Old 07-03-18, 11:44 AM
Freshman

URBANDAWGPOUND is on a distinguished road
Disabato lives by either suing someone or getting sued....Why bring this up 20 plus years after and the Dr. passed away many years ago !? The guy isn't a stand up guy!! He is always acting like he's so tough so why couldn't he stop an old doctor from touching him.....unless he liked it?? He must be broke from all the people he's shafted in his lifetime and what better way then to accuse someone who's been dead for 20 years.The guy is a clown!!
Old 07-03-18, 01:06 PM
All District

Crab Ride is on a distinguished road
Consider the source.
Old 07-03-18, 01:23 PM
All World

bdhof will become famous soon enough
In the report by NBC news:

"Ohio State has confirmed that investigators have received “confidential reports of sexual misconduct committed by Strauss” from former athletes in 14 sports and from former patients in Student Health Services."

So, even tho it's old news it needs to be dealt with, just like many of the other cases (Cosby, etc) were old news. Jordan may or may not have known. As assistant, I think it would be Russ's responsibility to deal with it, not Jordan's even if he knew. But if Jordan is lying about his knowledge of it, then he comes across as enabling and covering it up. Maybe he's not lying about it. I'll let things play out before I pass judgement on anybody (not that my judgement means anything).

And the part about "former athletes in 14 sports and from former patients in Student Health Services" makes this more than a Disabato thing.
Old 07-03-18, 01:35 PM
All World

Like_That
Send a message via AIM to Like_That
I hope it is not true. Initial thoughts considering the source, I lean toward this being BS.
Old 07-03-18, 01:42 PM
All American

Nick Corey is on a distinguished road
Seems to me an assistant coach isn’t the one deserving of the spotlight, if anything was known at the time at all. What kind of pull does a young coach in his 20s have over the head coach in these matters? Why is Russ seemingly not being targeted? Not saying Russ should be, but it seems Jordan’s high profile as a congressman is part of the equation. I don’t know this, that’s why I’m saying “seems.”
Don’t want to rush to judge either side, but it appears the zeal and momentum of the #MeToo movement is appearing in wrestling circles. One nationally known, extremely successful high school coach was recently (this year) vindicated against charges of bogus, sexual charges that he allegedly turned a blind eye to. Turns out it came from the parents of a kid who had an axe to grind with the coach. His name was smeared all over the media, until all allegations were found to be complete BS.
Unfortunately, lawsuits appear to be pretty easily filed now. I guess that’s a good thing, if a lawsuit is truly merited. It’s definitely a bad thing if the lawsuit is based on bogus claims.
Also, there’s this one can go through, to make up one’s own mind.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/heavy.c...-disabato/amp/
Old 07-03-18, 01:47 PM
All World

bdhof will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Corey View Post
Seems to me an assistant coach isnít the one deserving of the spotlight, if anything was known at the time at all.
I agree except if knew about it, which is alleged, then he shouldn't lie about it. Maybe he didn't know about it and this shouldn't be about him at all.
Old 07-03-18, 01:53 PM
All World

Suplexer130 is on a distinguished road
"The university has been conducting an investigation into Dr. Richard Strauss, who died in 2005, for repeated reports of sexual assault and rape. According to student testimony, Strauss is estimated to have sexually assaulted or raped at least 1,500 — and possibly up to 2,000 — athletes at Ohio State between 1978 through 1998.

Jordan has repeatedly denied knowing anything about Strauss’s conduct. But his denial doesn’t add up, several of Jordan’s former athletes told NBC:

Three former wrestlers told NBC News that it was common knowledge that Strauss showered regularly with the students and inappropriately touched them during appointments, and said it would have been impossible for Jordan to be unaware; one wrestler said he told Jordan directly about the abuse.

One student, Dunyasha Yetts, a wrestler at Ohio State in 1993, said he went to Strauss for a thumb injury and instead had his pants pulled down. Yetts said he and his teammates told Jordan multiple times about Strauss.

“For God’s sake, Strauss’s locker was right next to Jordan’s, and Jordan even said he’d kill him if he tried anything with him,” Yetts told NBC."

For people who don't like the Disabato connection here is a different source.
Old 07-03-18, 02:44 PM
All World

Gulliotine is on a distinguished road
Looks like we've got another one of them thar "witch hunts."

DiSabato, a convicted felon, and an anonymous source claim to have complained to Jordan. Jim denies that. The three of them did nothing else at the time, and 25 years later they want "justice."

What a crock of crap.
Old 07-03-18, 03:09 PM
All District

Superplexer you should look up Dunyasha Yetts before using him as your credible witness. DiSabato and Yetts, both historical liars, cheats and frauds or Jim Jordan who is about as honorable as one can be. SMH.
Old 07-03-18, 03:13 PM
All District

https://www.google.com/amp/www.dispa...emplate=ampart
Old 07-03-18, 03:34 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crab Ride View Post
Superplexer you should look up Dunyasha Yetts before using him as your credible witness. DiSabato and Yetts, both historical liars, cheats and frauds or Jim Jordan who is about as honorable as one can be. SMH.
What about Helickson who is on tape according to a couple stories saying he went to school administrators and even confronted Strauss about the showers and making his guys uncomfortable?

The investigation into Strauss has people from multiple sports saying these things happened. Helickson is basically saying he knew something was going on. Jordan was his right hand man and says he knew nothing. Maybe Jordan really knew nothing, but it sure seems unlikely based on Helickson knowledge.
Old 07-03-18, 03:43 PM
All Ohio

falcons53 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suplexer130 View Post
What about Helickson who is on tape according to a couple stories saying he went to school administrators and even confronted Strauss about the showers and making his guys uncomfortable?

The investigation into Strauss has people from multiple sports saying these things happened. Helickson is basically saying he knew something was going on. Jordan was his right hand man and says he knew nothing. Maybe Jordan really knew nothing, but it sure seems unlikely based on Helickson knowledge.
If that part is true, then the question of why Jordan is even mentioned in this is even more insane. The HC went to the guy and to the admin and nothing happened. Seems more like Ohio State covered everything up and hoped it would go away. Several schools have been accused of that recently. What will Ohio State's punishment be? If Russ indeed confronted and went to the admin, then Ohio State knew as a university and the lawsuits from victims will and should be enormous.
Old 07-03-18, 03:48 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcons53 View Post
If that part is true, then the question of why Jordan is even mentioned in this is even more insane. The HC went to the guy and to the admin and nothing happened. Seems more like Ohio State covered everything up and hoped it would go away. Several schools have been accused of that recently. What will Ohio State's punishment be? If Russ indeed confronted and went to the admin, then Ohio State knew as a university and the lawsuits from victims will and should be enormous.
Correct, it could get ugly. My point in all this was that the immediate discrediting of these guys is a common knee jerk reaction. Jordan also a coach at the time would be complicit along with administrators and the school. What could be driven by a personal vendetta by Disabato in terms of speaking out can still be a poor choice by Jordan not to report it, or possibly now lie about knowing, they don’t have to be mutually exclusive.

This will all shake out in the investigation.
Old 07-03-18, 03:49 PM
All American

So Strauss oversaw, during his time at OSU, over 15 separate sports at various junctions? Why the laser focus on wrestling? If his victims were in the thousands as reports claim, I’m betting one can accurately assume they weren’t all wrestlers. So why the focus on one assistant coach not too far removed from college himself? Why is NBC, CBS, and ABC news focusing on this one individual, Jim Jordan?
Can’t have anything to do with the fact that he ended up a conservative congressman, I’m sure...
Old 07-03-18, 03:53 PM
All World

tom 48 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
So Strauss oversaw, during his time at OSU, over 15 separate sports at various junctions? Why the laser focus on wrestling? If his victims were in the thousands as reports claim, I’m betting one can accurately assume they weren’t all wrestlers. So why the focus on one assistant coach not too far removed from college himself? Why is NBC, CBS, and ABC news focusing on this one individual, Jim Jordan?
Can’t have anything to do with the fact that he ended up a conservative congressman, I’m sure...

During the 114th Congress, Jordan helped found the House Freedom Caucus, a group of conservatives working to "support open, accountable and limited government, the Constitution and the rule of law, and policies that promote the liberty, safety and prosperity of all Americans."[11] He served as the group's first chairman.[12]

Well, since he helped to found a group dedicated to supporting rule of law, scrutiny might be a bit higher if he did what he is accused of doing.
Old 07-03-18, 03:59 PM
All District

Quote:

But you seem to have a knee jerk reaction the he knew. How many people has DiSabato lied to and ripped off for wrestling gear? Thereís been countless thread on this site alone. And if you knew anything about him youíd know he is a flaming liberal. And Yetts stole thousands of dollars from unwitting people as well. Funny that these are the two guys who claim that implicate Jordan. Just curious, who else were assistant coaches then? Did DiSabato and Yetts say they knew too??
Old 07-03-18, 04:05 PM
All World

queencitybuckeye is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom 48 View Post
During the 114th Congress, Jordan helped found the House Freedom Caucus, a group of conservatives working to "support open, accountable and limited government, the Constitution and the rule of law, and policies that promote the liberty, safety and prosperity of all Americans."[11] He served as the group's first chairman.[12]

Well, since he helped to found a group dedicated to supporting rule of law, scrutiny might be a bit higher if he did what he is accused of doing.
Is what he did or didn't do a crime? I don't know and suspect no one on this board does, even the lawyers.
Old 07-03-18, 04:06 PM
All Region

Lucksman is an unknown quantity at this point
This IS ALL GARBAGE. Disabato should clean off his own front porch. This is ridiculous! Jordan is one of the best people out there
Old 07-03-18, 04:07 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crab Ride View Post
But you seem to have a knee jerk reaction the he knew. How many people has DiSabato lied to and ripped off for wrestling gear? There’s been countless thread on this site alone. And if you knew anything about him you’d know he is a flaming liberal. And Yetts stole thousands of dollars from unwitting people as well. Funny that these are the two guys who claim that implicate Jordan. Just curious, who else were assistant coaches then? Did DiSabato and Yetts say they knew too??
I already had seen the reports Helickson acknowledged knowing something, which is why I tend to believe the other accounts of the situation. I have no reason to believe Russ is not telling the truth here, as even his admitting it drags his name through the mud.

Again, it can be a hit job of Jordan politically in terms of bringing it out specifically around him as well as also being true he lied about knowing anything about it. Bad people can also be victims of crimes contrary to how some have framed things here. All these things don’t live in a vacuum from each other.

The investigation will sort things out, but based on the amount of testimony against Strauss reportedly it seems pretty likely we have a Sandusky/Nassar type situation. Now it becomes a matter of who knew what and when.
Old 07-03-18, 04:54 PM
All American

So is this an implication by DiSabato that Tom Ryan covers things up? Jeff Jordan?
WTH?
https://mobile.twitter.com/TheNotori...50708541652995
Old 07-03-18, 05:09 PM
All American

The more you know:
The law firm representing Mike DiSabato is the same law firm that paid for the Trump dossier.
I couldn’t stand Hillary.
Couldn’t stand Trump, either. I’m far from being a Teump-defender.
That said....this is looking disgustingly politically motivated, with a settlement money-grab being hoped for in the end—I don’t know this. I could be completely wrong. But the more you dig, the more dirty all this looks from the accusing side.
Old 07-03-18, 05:18 PM
All District

Quote:
So is this an implication by DiSabato that Tom Ryan covers things up? Jeff Jordan?
WTH?
https://mobile.twitter.com/TheNotori...50708541652995
Wow. Youíre right Nick. Look at the screenshot of his 2017 post where he talks about what a great guy Jim is.

The reality is heís a lunatic and EVERYONE who has had dealings with him know this.
Old 07-03-18, 05:24 PM
All District

https://www.thelantern.com/2009/11/f...to-ohio-state/
Old 07-03-18, 05:27 PM
All American

Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I already had seen the reports Helickson acknowledged knowing something, which is why I tend to believe the other accounts of the situation. I have no reason to believe Russ is not telling the truth here, as even his admitting it drags his name through the mud.

Again, it can be a hit job of Jordan politically in terms of bringing it out specifically around him as well as also being true he lied about knowing anything about it. Bad people can also be victims of crimes contrary to how some have framed things here. All these things don’t live in a vacuum from each other.

The investigation will sort things out, but based on the amount of testimony against Strauss reportedly it seems pretty likely we have a Sandusky/Nassar type situation. Now it becomes a matter of who knew what and when.
I don't know anything about this investigation beyond what I've read on yappi. However, I question the Sandusky/Nassar comparison for the following reasons:
I believe the Sandusky & Nassar victims included young, underage (ages 10, 12, 14, etc) kids. And from what I've read thus far, Strauss preyed upon college athletes who I'm guessing were 18, 20, 22, etc.
However, if Strauss was indeed hitting on underage kids, that's a game changer!
Old 07-03-18, 05:31 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope Francis 1 View Post
I don't know anything about this investigation beyond what I've read on yappi. However, I question the Sandusky/Nassar comparison for the following reasons:
I believe the Sandusky & Nassar victims included young, underage (ages 10, 12, 14, etc) kids. And from what I've read thus far, Strauss preyed upon college athletes who I'm guessing were 18, 20, 22, etc.
Reference to those situations is about the athletic departments knowing and covering it up. The allegations span 14 athletic teams, that would fall into a category of a systematical failure.
Old 07-03-18, 06:02 PM
All Ohio

falcons53 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Reference to those situations is about the athletic departments knowing and covering it up. The allegations span 14 athletic teams, that would fall into a category of a systematical failure.
Agreed. I think people miss where accountability lies. If the HC admits knowing, an assistant is hard to hold accountable. Usually crap rolls downhill, but once a superior admits action, it pretty much takes lower ranks off the hook. I definitely see a political slant to who is taking heat.
Old 07-03-18, 06:24 PM
All American

There are 50? 60? 70? people that could be targeted as “looking the other way” if this many sports were involved.
30 years later, a conservative congressman who grilled Hillary during questioning is the one chosen to take the heat, a young assistant coach at the time.
A known, left-supporting law firm is representing the accuser.
It’s become evident, in just a few hours, what this is all about.
Closed Thread