Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 07-07-18, 04:36 PM
Ohio Blast Ohio Blast is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 03-15-07
Posts: 200
Ohio Blast is on a distinguished road
Some very lingering questions in my mind.

1). 14 sports allegedly involved but no major discussion about any of them except wrestling?
2). 14 sports allegedly involved but the discussion seems entirely focused on one young ASSISTANT coach. What is the story of the 14 HEAD coaches/+ multiple other assistants and what they knew and what they may or may not have reported?
3). The events allegedly happened decades ago and the doctor has been dead for years. What and who is to gain by addressing the issue now and not sooner? Who has the most to gain from bringing these allegations now?
  #122  
Old 07-07-18, 04:49 PM
Ryans1906 Ryans1906 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 03-05-18
Posts: 13
Ryans1906 is on a distinguished road
Not sure if the allegations are true but as I continue to read many have said that Congressman Jordan was young at what point is he no longer young. He was born in 1964 he became an assistant coach in 1986 and he stayed until 1994. At some point in those years he has to go from a young college graduate to a responsible adult. If I recall not only in the scandal at Penn State many levels within their organization faced the consequences of what Jerry Sandusky did. Whether they knew or didnít know there was a heavy price paid by all involved. We
  #123  
Old 07-07-18, 05:06 PM
Pope Francis 1 Pope Francis 1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-30-16
Location: Vatican City
Posts: 1,820
Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryans1906 View Post
Not sure if the allegations are true but as I continue to read many have said that Congressman Jordan was young at what point is he no longer young. He was born in 1964 he became an assistant coach in 1986 and he stayed until 1994. At some point in those years he has to go from a young college graduate to a responsible adult. If I recall not only in the scandal at Penn State many levels within their organization faced the consequences of what Jerry Sandusky did. Whether they knew or didn’t know there was a heavy price paid by all involved. We
So what Jerry Sandusky did (raping young boys) is on the same level with Dr. Strauss? Really???
What is the specific allegation of abuse by MD?
Was MD drugged, raped, overpowered?
And when, specifically, and to whom, was this abuse reported?

Last edited by Pope Francis 1; 07-07-18 at 05:16 PM.
  #124  
Old 07-07-18, 05:15 PM
Pope Francis 1 Pope Francis 1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-30-16
Location: Vatican City
Posts: 1,820
Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Blast View Post
Some very lingering questions in my mind.

1). 14 sports allegedly involved but no major discussion about any of them except wrestling?
2). 14 sports allegedly involved but the discussion seems entirely focused on one young ASSISTANT coach. What is the story of the 14 HEAD coaches/+ multiple other assistants and what they knew and what they may or may not have reported?
3). The events allegedly happened decades ago and the doctor has been dead for years. What and who is to gain by addressing the issue now and not sooner? Who has the most to gain from bringing these allegations now?
Itís all just a crazy coincidence!
  #125  
Old 07-07-18, 06:35 PM
Ryans1906 Ryans1906 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 03-05-18
Posts: 13
Ryans1906 is on a distinguished road
What Jerry Sandusky did was beyond comprehension but others not doing something about it is reprehensible. If anyone has an inkling of knowledge regarding inappropriate behavior you have a duty to report it even if you are “just” an assistant coach. And again my point centered more around the fact that Congressman Jordan is being referred to as young he started the role at 22 and ended it at age 30 at what point was he not considered “young” and would be considered a “responsible” adult?
  #126  
Old 07-07-18, 06:38 PM
CoachKerry CoachKerry is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-26-09
Posts: 235
CoachKerry is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProV1 View Post
Your argument that Strausís actions do not amount to abuse so Jordan is being truthful is analogous to Clinton saying ďI did not have sex with that woman because what we did was not technically sexĒ. If that is how you define truth, I will repeat that it is a sad indication of the times. Here is the point...whether it was athletes being homophobes, unwanted advances, inappropriate touching, or any form of sexual misconduct, there are athletes from up to 14 sports that have made similar claims. You can paint the wrestlers as liars but in doing so, you are also discounting all others that have made similar statements. Then again, maybe all of this is a massive over reaction because it is not abuse to ďgrab them by the p_____ because they just let me do itĒ.
You are simply wrong. The things that Mike are calling "abuse" he only says he told Jim Jordan long after he left OSU. Jim only denies that he heard of abuse while he was coach there. Everyone else seems to be describing abuse as having a doctor tell you to drop trausers and touching of privates during a medical exam. Besides the fact that nobody can say definitively that these exact things were reported to Jim WHILE coaching at OSU, I would say it's possible that Jim, not being a medical doctor himself, would not consider such events as abuse considering that doctors do on occasion actually have a legit reason to do so in some exams. The only other claim I've heard that has been attempted to be used to smear Jim Jordan is the "showering with the athletes" thing. While it's weird, uncool and probably is legitimate cause for complaint, does anyone actually think that constitutes "abuse?"

You seem to just want for Jim to have lied, or maybe you aren't happy that he didn't jump on board to help these former wrestlers who may have been victims of abuse. If Jim did not see abuse or have it reported to him, he simply cannot get involved. But what's worse if that if Jim feels that based on his own observations while coach that this is more about homophobia of the athletes than actual abuse by the Doc, supporting them could end in devastating fashion for a powerful congressman who seems to be a frontrunner for Speaker of the House.
  #127  
Old 07-07-18, 07:10 PM
scbuckeye99 scbuckeye99 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 05-24-15
Posts: 280
scbuckeye99 is on a distinguished road
Jordan's chances at SotH are now diminished I would imagine. Blemishes such as these, if 100% untrue can still haunt you in the nasty game that is politics.
  #128  
Old 07-07-18, 07:37 PM
RGG RGG is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-28-11
Posts: 39
RGG is on a distinguished road
I have no idea who is telling the truth and who isn't, but each side in this debate wants to make it a political debate that is one sided. No question politics are involved, but if it were a democratic Congressman we would be in the same spot. It would still be front page news, except the other side would go after the story with a vengeance. This entire discussion is being debated from a political perspective. Those leaning Republican want to believe Jim and will find any excuse not to believe the accusers....which appear to be much more than just DiSabato and Yetts. Those leaning Democratic have already convicted Jim. Like most things, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. Nobody should be shocked that a high profile figure is taking most of the heat......that's the world we live in whether you like it or not. I'm sure we've all had athletes that made front page news over something they did even though other students did the same thing and they never made the paper.
  #129  
Old 07-07-18, 09:02 PM
CoachKerry CoachKerry is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-26-09
Posts: 235
CoachKerry is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by scbuckeye99 View Post
Jordan's chances at SotH are now diminished I would imagine. Blemishes such as these, if 100% untrue can still haunt you in the nasty game that is politics.
Not in the Trump era. We live in a brave new world where the electorate is skeptical of what they are told by the mainstream media, and think critically about allegations. As recently as 6 or 7 years ago, a false accusations of racism was the nail in the coffin of a political career. Now we laugh at it, and even encourage it. Voters today react very harshly to what they percieve to be a false or unsubstantiated accusation. There has to be empirical evidence or a whole bunch of very credible witnesses, as was the case with the Olympic Gymnastics doctor. If Mike was just trying to get justice, or even a big payday he really blew it by turning it into an attack on Congressman Jordan.
  #130  
Old 07-07-18, 09:25 PM
CoachKerry CoachKerry is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-26-09
Posts: 235
CoachKerry is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGG View Post
I have no idea who is telling the truth and who isn't, but each side in this debate wants to make it a political debate that is one sided. No question politics are involved, but if it were a democratic Congressman we would be in the same spot. It would still be front page news, except the other side would go after the story with a vengeance. This entire discussion is being debated from a political perspective. Those leaning Republican want to believe Jim and will find any excuse not to believe the accusers....which appear to be much more than just DiSabato and Yetts. Those leaning Democratic have already convicted Jim. Like most things, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. Nobody should be shocked that a high profile figure is taking most of the heat......that's the world we live in whether you like it or not. I'm sure we've all had athletes that made front page news over something they did even though other students did the same thing and they never made the paper.
With all due respect you have a lot to learn about politics and the mainstream media. If Jim Jordan were a Democrat, this story would never see the light of day. CNN would NEVER interview a guy claiming to have dirt on a powerful Democrat. The New York Times, Washington Post wouldn't have a single word about it, not even on page 27. In fact they would most likely pay for exclusive rights to the story so they could prevent anyone from running it including themselves.

This is a perfect storm of timing. You think it's a coincidence that Mike did nothing about what he claims happened to him until 13 years after the doctor died, but just after a huge settlement by Michigan State to the victims of Larry Nassar? You think any news outlets would have picked it up if not for the fact that Congressman Jordan has accumulated a lot of power on Capitol Hill, and has announced throwing his hat in the ring for Speaker?

There is a difference in the way things go down depending on whether the news is about a Democrat or Republican. I mean, Ted Kennedy wrecked his car into a lake with his girlfriend, left her there to die, walked home, went to bed and didn't even call the police until morning. Meanwhile the Tea Party pretty much had to dissolve because a black congressman aided by the mainstream media lied about getting called racial epithets. In both cases the media did what they had to do to get the end result they wanted. Ted Kennedy event was swept under the rug while the latter was used to destroy a movement.
  #131  
Old 07-07-18, 09:29 PM
CoachKerry CoachKerry is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-26-09
Posts: 235
CoachKerry is on a distinguished road
Just FYI, what I said about the honesty of Congressman Jordan's statement is pretty much verified in this new interview. He distinguishes between "locker room talk" and "allegations of abuse." Pretty much exactly what I said:

http://insider.foxnews.com/amp/artic...mpression=true
  #132  
Old 07-07-18, 09:46 PM
RGG RGG is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-28-11
Posts: 39
RGG is on a distinguished road
CoachKerry....your political bias shines brightly in your first sentence. If the media reports anything negative about a Republican we hear "main stream media" and "fake news". It's the battle cry of the right. Why don't we ever hear that with a Fox News story? Yes, the media has a political bias, so MSNBC spins liberal and Fox spins conservative. MSNBC will not highlight Democratic corruption and you won't find Republican corruption on Fox. You see what you want to see in the media...it validates your ideology. Was their no coverage of Al Franken by the media? No coverage of Harvey Weinstein? No coverage of Matt Lauer?

"In fact they would most likely pay for exclusive rights to the story so they could prevent anyone from running it including themselves" Wow......isn't that exactly what the National Enquirer did with the Stormy Daniels story?

Support whichever party matches your values, but open your eyes to your selective blindness. If (R) or (D) wasn't attached to stories, most people wouldn't know how to respond to it.

And yes the news outlets picked it up because of who he was.....I said that in my post. But the news outlet picked up Al Franken, Anthony Weiner, etc.

Your Kennedy example is not about Democrat or Republican...it's about money and power. There are countless examples of the wealthy and powerful being able to circumvent our legal system.
  #133  
Old 07-07-18, 11:06 PM
scbuckeye99 scbuckeye99 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 05-24-15
Posts: 280
scbuckeye99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKerry View Post
Not in the Trump era. We live in a brave new world where the electorate is skeptical of what they are told by the mainstream media, and think critically about allegations. As recently as 6 or 7 years ago, a false accusations of racism was the nail in the coffin of a political career. Now we laugh at it, and even encourage it. Voters today react very harshly to what they percieve to be a false or unsubstantiated accusation. There has to be empirical evidence or a whole bunch of very credible witnesses, as was the case with the Olympic Gymnastics doctor. If Mike was just trying to get justice, or even a big payday he really blew it by turning it into an attack on Congressman Jordan.

I'll agree with the overall concept of what you're talking about here (You're right, Trump proved you can basically show your true colors and America will elect you....which says a lot about America haha). However, if this plays out in a way that is certainly unfavorable to Jordan then it will most likely hurt his chances at speaker. That is something though we won't know until well it unfolds......if it does. Remember America still is and always will be a shoot first, ask questions later society. Once the cat is out of the bag, its out there, true or untrue. Heck, there are people on social media right now who have no idea who Jim Jordan is, but they read the headlines and already accusing him of child endangerment (in their minds at least). As silly as you and I know that reaction to be, believe me they're out there.
  #134  
Old 07-08-18, 12:02 AM
CoachKerry CoachKerry is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-26-09
Posts: 235
CoachKerry is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGG View Post
CoachKerry....your political bias shines brightly in your first sentence. If the media reports anything negative about a Republican we hear "main stream media" and "fake news". It's the battle cry of the right. Why don't we ever hear that with a Fox News story? Yes, the media has a political bias, so MSNBC spins liberal and Fox spins conservative. MSNBC will not highlight Democratic corruption and you won't find Republican corruption on Fox. You see what you want to see in the media...it validates your ideology. Was their no coverage of Al Franken by the media? No coverage of Harvey Weinstein? No coverage of Matt Lauer?

"In fact they would most likely pay for exclusive rights to the story so they could prevent anyone from running it including themselves" Wow......isn't that exactly what the National Enquirer did with the Stormy Daniels story?

Support whichever party matches your values, but open your eyes to your selective blindness. If (R) or (D) wasn't attached to stories, most people wouldn't know how to respond to it.

And yes the news outlets picked it up because of who he was.....I said that in my post. But the news outlet picked up Al Franken, Anthony Weiner, etc.

Your Kennedy example is not about Democrat or Republican...it's about money and power. There are countless examples of the wealthy and powerful being able to circumvent our legal system.
Your naivety shines in your first sentence. Democrat voters have total control over ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, The New York Times, Washington Post and many other very well known networks and publications that are collectively know as "mainstream media." Just because you don't know this doesn't make me unfairly bias for correctly using that label.

The "Fake News" label is not a slander when it's used to describe demonstrably false reporting.

For me, words have meaning. For some reason, when you hear or read them, you have a knee jerk reaction that it's merely platitudes.

As for Al Franken and Anthony Weiner - they were the actual predators and there was empirical evidence of their behavior. It was indefensible. For you to bring them up in a discussion about Jim Jordan is either a gross misunderstanding of the story, or a deliberate atrempt to make a dishonest comparison. Jim Jordan isn't the perpetrator of the allegations against various Ohio State wrestlers. Al Franken was photographed grabbing a sleeping woman inappropriately, and Anthony Weiner was knowingly making romantic advances toward underage girls. Come on you should know better. So what is your argument? That All Franken and Anthony Weiner were railroaded by bias conservative journalists or that Jim Jordan is getting fair treatment as compared to the two of them? Both scenarios are insane notions and I think as you read this, if you are an intellectually honest person, you realize this.
  #135  
Old 07-08-18, 01:01 AM
said_aouita said_aouita is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-19-04
Posts: 3,103
said_aouita is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKerry View Post
Y

For me, words have meaning. .
"You know, Iím automatically attracted to beautiful ó I just start kissing them. Itís like a magnet. Just kiss. I donít even wait. And when youíre a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab íem by the p*ssy. You can do anything."
  #136  
Old 07-08-18, 01:17 AM
CoachKerry CoachKerry is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-26-09
Posts: 235
CoachKerry is on a distinguished road
America cannot survive when the electorate is incapable of distinguishing between lockerroom talk and serious and/or official statements. Thankfully citizens have demonstrated this basic level of intelligence and have elected people like Trump and Jordan to their positions.
  #137  
Old 07-08-18, 05:32 AM
RGG RGG is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-28-11
Posts: 39
RGG is on a distinguished road
You keep changing the goal posts CoachKerry. I never compared Jim Jordan to Franken or Weiner. You made a claim that any misconduct by a democrat is swept under the rug and never reported. I gave you examples of recent misconduct that obviously proved you were wrong. I stated in my first post I have no idea who is telling the truth because the investigation is still ongoing. The point I made in my first post is that the comments in this thread are nothing but speculation based on the author's political opinion. Nobody on this forum knows what did or did not take place....yet it hasn't stopped anyone, especially you, from determining who's guilty and who's innocent.
  #138  
Old 07-08-18, 06:22 AM
ProV1 ProV1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-14-15
Posts: 1,101
ProV1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKerry View Post
You are simply wrong. The things that Mike are calling "abuse" he only says he told Jim Jordan long after he left OSU. Jim only denies that he heard of abuse while he was coach there. Everyone else seems to be describing abuse as having a doctor tell you to drop trausers and touching of privates during a medical exam. Besides the fact that nobody can say definitively that these exact things were reported to Jim WHILE coaching at OSU, I would say it's possible that Jim, not being a medical doctor himself, would not consider such events as abuse considering that doctors do on occasion actually have a legit reason to do so in some exams. The only other claim I've heard that has been attempted to be used to smear Jim Jordan is the "showering with the athletes" thing. While it's weird, uncool and probably is legitimate cause for complaint, does anyone actually think that constitutes "abuse?"

You seem to just want for Jim to have lied, or maybe you aren't happy that he didn't jump on board to help these former wrestlers who may have been victims of abuse. If Jim did not see abuse or have it reported to him, he simply cannot get involved. But what's worse if that if Jim feels that based on his own observations while coach that this is more about homophobia of the athletes than actual abuse by the Doc, supporting them could end in devastating fashion for a powerful congressman who seems to be a frontrunner for Speaker of the House.
First, I don’t want Jordan to lie. I’m just pretty sure that he damn well knew of the wrestlers allegations when he was the coach there. That is all. If you want to defend him based on how you define abuse, that’s your call. I’m going to let the people with first hand knowledge of Stauss’s actions determine if it amounted to abuse or not. Further, I’m not even saying he should have done anything about it. My guess is that this guys actions were commonly discussed in the wrestling room and Jordan likely participated in the conversations. Given that it was common knowledge and Hellickson was aware, I’m sure he saw no need to do anything else. This thing with Strauss has very little to do with Jordan at all. This is only a story because of his denial. Given his politics and the climate today, he will have no shortage of defenders no matter what he did or didn’t do. Heck, Trump also said that he could shoot somebody in broad daylight and supporters would not care. Sadly, he is right about that.
  #139  
Old 07-08-18, 07:11 AM
ProV1 ProV1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-14-15
Posts: 1,101
ProV1 is on a distinguished road
Rob Oller of the Dispatch wrote a column in today’s paper. He was a track athlete at Ohio State and received physicals from Strauss. I think we can move on from the narrative that all these athletes are lying.
  #140  
Old 07-08-18, 07:38 AM
LkwdSteve LkwdSteve is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 02-25-04
Posts: 756
LkwdSteve is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProV1 View Post
Rob Oller of the Dispatch wrote a column in todayís paper. He was a track athlete at Ohio State and received physicals from Strauss. I think we can move on from the narrative that all these athletes are lying.
It will be replaced by the narrative of the athletes disagreeing among themselves about what Jordan knew.
  #141  
Old 07-08-18, 08:06 AM
CoachKerry CoachKerry is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-26-09
Posts: 235
CoachKerry is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGG View Post
You keep changing the goal posts CoachKerry. I never compared Jim Jordan to Franken or Weiner. You made a claim that any misconduct by a democrat is swept under the rug and never reported. I gave you examples of recent misconduct that obviously proved you were wrong. I stated in my first post I have no idea who is telling the truth because the investigation is still ongoing. The point I made in my first post is that the comments in this thread are nothing but speculation based on the author's political opinion. Nobody on this forum knows what did or did not take place....yet it hasn't stopped anyone, especially you, from determining who's guilty and who's innocent.
You think I've moved the goalpost because you believe your false equivalency that the Jordan story is anything like the Weiner or Franken stories. I explained in detail how they are so different that it's insulting that you compared them.

I used the word NEVER referring to whether the mainstream media would ever run a story where a powerful Democrat was one of many assistant coaches in one of many sports at a university that had an athletic doctor accused of abuse with no evidence, only claims made by former wrestlers with highly questionable motives and even worse credibility issues. To say I was referring to ALL stories against Democrats is just a failure to comprehend my post.

But your comparison is a clear case of false equivalency.
  #142  
Old 07-08-18, 08:16 AM
ProV1 ProV1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-14-15
Posts: 1,101
ProV1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKerry View Post
You think I've moved the goalpost because you believe your false equivalency that the Jordan story is anything like the Weiner or Franken stories. I explained in detail how they are so different that it's insulting that you compared them.

I used the word NEVER referring to whether the mainstream media would ever run a story where a powerful Democrat was one of many assistant coaches in one of many sports at a university that had an athletic doctor accused of abuse with no evidence, only claims made by former wrestlers with highly questionable motives and even worse credibility issues. To say I was referring to ALL stories against Democrats is just a failure to comprehend my post.

But your comparison is a clear case of false equivalency.
Man... I got to hand it to you sticking to the playbook like that. Deny, deny, deny, then lie, lie lie, then attack, attack, attack. Continually saying that these claims are only coming from uncredible wrestlers ignores the facts. La La Land must be a mighty comfortable place.
  #143  
Old 07-08-18, 08:31 AM
CoachKerry CoachKerry is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-26-09
Posts: 235
CoachKerry is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProV1 View Post
First, I donít want Jordan to lie. Iím just pretty sure that he damn well knew of the wrestlers allegations when he was the coach there. That is all. If you want to defend him based on how you define abuse, thatís your call. Iím going to let the people with first hand knowledge of Staussís actions determine if it amounted to abuse or not. Further, Iím not even saying he should have done anything about it. My guess is that this guys actions were commonly discussed in the wrestling room and Jordan likely participated in the conversations. Given that it was common knowledge and Hellickson was aware, Iím sure he saw no need to do anything else. This thing with Strauss has very little to do with Jordan at all. This is only a story because of his denial. Given his politics and the climate today, he will have no shortage of defenders no matter what he did or didnít do. Heck, Trump also said that he could shoot somebody in broad daylight and supporters would not care. Sadly, he is right about that.
I understand that we live in a world where abuse seems to be defined differently than the 1980s, however if that's what you think I am arguing then let me just clarify - I am not.

What I am arguing is that regardless of whether it is the 80's, 90's or today, it's not dishonest for a non-physician to say they didnt determine that joking amongst young men in the locroom about not liking that a doctor everyone knows meat gazes in the showers, doing exams that involve a possibly legitimate procedure of dropping trausers or touching private parts, constitutes a report of abuse.

Hell, even if it is ultimately determined to have been abuse, again I don't think Jordan is lying and not only do I not think it's bias to think this, but is bias to believe otherwise. We are talking about the Last Boyscout in Congress here. He's not some stinking dirty politicican. There is a reason Jim Jordan wallowed in obscurity in the Congress for decades, unable to fundraise like the rest of them. The man is untouchable by corruption, and it's due to the character of the man that the Ohio wrestling community all know of the Jordan family. This is why my argument is that if there is any way to determine that Jordan's statement is honest, there is a damn good chance it's honest.
  #144  
Old 07-08-18, 09:52 AM
RGG RGG is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-28-11
Posts: 39
RGG is on a distinguished road
CoachKerry - Your reading comprehension needs some work. Here's your exact quote which I responded to: "If Jim Jordan were a Democrat, this story would never see the light of day. CNN would NEVER interview a guy claiming to have dirt on a powerful Democrat. The New York Times, Washington Post wouldn't have a single word about it, not even on page 27. In fact they would most likely pay for exclusive rights to the story so they could prevent anyone from running it including themselves."

I responded to it by pointing to news stories about Franken and Weiner. Yes, they do report it when a democrat is involved. I never said a word about comparing anything. You made a claim about the news media, I gave you evidence to show you were wrong.....you then moved the goal post by saying I was comparing those guys to Jordan.

At least you were smart enough to let the evidence against your statement about "exclusive rights" alone.

You obviously have your mind made up as to what went on, who's lying, who's telling the truth, and what the motives are. Ohio State should drop their investigation, save all that money, and have you write the final report. For me, I think I reserve my judgment after all those involved have had a chance to give their side of the story.
  #145  
Old 07-08-18, 10:23 AM
maddad maddad is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 02-16-12
Posts: 5
maddad is on a distinguished road
You go coach !!! You can't educate those who chose ignorance. Saul Alinsky, Main Stream Media and the Global Elite control their minds. MAGA and to hell with the evil. This is a pure smear campaign against Jim Jordan.

The Ohio State University can answer for the doctor. That doctor is dead !!!!! How many points of contact did this doctor have? I'll answer that for you idiots. Thousands !!!!!!! Now an orchestrated attempt to smear a potential Speaker of the House. It just dishonest B.S.

I'll bet some will start the Antifa wrestling club. Sounds like a good club name for some of ya.

Last edited by maddad; 07-08-18 at 10:55 AM. Reason: spelling
  #146  
Old 07-08-18, 10:38 AM
cruiser_96 cruiser_96 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 09-05-08
Posts: 3,909
cruiser_96 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProV1 View Post
Rob Oller of the Dispatch wrote a column in todayís paper. He was a track athlete at Ohio State and received physicals from Strauss. I think we can move on from the narrative that all these athletes are lying.
Lying about being looked at, harassed, groped, or abused?

I donít know if anyone who has stated any individual is a liar for stating such things.
  #147  
Old 07-08-18, 11:23 AM
CoachKerry CoachKerry is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-26-09
Posts: 235
CoachKerry is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGG View Post
CoachKerry - Your reading comprehension needs some work. Here's your exact quote which I responded to: "If Jim Jordan were a Democrat, this story would never see the light of day. CNN would NEVER interview a guy claiming to have dirt on a powerful Democrat. The New York Times, Washington Post wouldn't have a single word about it, not even on page 27. In fact they would most likely pay for exclusive rights to the story so they could prevent anyone from running it including themselves."

I responded to it by pointing to news stories about Franken and Weiner. Yes, they do report it when a democrat is involved. I never said a word about comparing anything. You made a claim about the news media, I gave you evidence to show you were wrong.....you then moved the goal post by saying I was comparing those guys to Jordan.

At least you were smart enough to let the evidence against your statement about "exclusive rights" alone.

You obviously have your mind made up as to what went on, who's lying, who's telling the truth, and what the motives are. Ohio State should drop their investigation, save all that money, and have you write the final report. For me, I think I reserve my judgment after all those involved have had a chance to give their side of the story.
You are simply wrong and it's kind of embarrassing that you can't see why. I specifically referenced Jordan's story, and specifically said that it would not see the light of day if HE we're a Democrat. You bringing up Weiner and Franken can only mean one of two things: You don't understand simple English, or you believe that Weiner's and Franken's stories are the same as Jordan's. It's really embarrassing that you posted this in response to the very post where I explain precisely how the stories are NOT comparable. My advice to you is just move along, because you aren't looking too good with this thread.

As for making up my mind, it's called a conclusion based on the facts we know and are intellectually capable of comprehending.

But if you want to continue to get owned by me here on Yappi, by all means keep continuing to dig your hole.
  #148  
Old 07-08-18, 11:24 AM
CoachKerry CoachKerry is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-26-09
Posts: 235
CoachKerry is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser_96 View Post
Lying about being looked at, harassed, groped, or abused?

I donít know if anyone who has stated any individual is a liar for stating such things.
Thank you. Finally someone with some sense.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Perrysburg D-1 District Rankings (Off-Season #1) McClearn7 Wrestling 21 06-16-18 07:43 AM
Heath D-2 District Rankings (Off-Season #1) McClearn7 Wrestling 33 05-30-18 03:19 PM
Alliance D-2 District Rankings (Off-Season #1) McClearn7 Wrestling 1 05-23-18 06:52 AM
Defiance D-3 District Rankings (Off-Season #1) McClearn7 Wrestling 2 05-16-18 05:35 PM
OHSAA 2017 Baseball State Tournament Preview Yappi Baseball 1 05-30-17 11:25 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:18 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz