Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-19-18, 02:09 PM
All Ohio

Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman8 View Post
Very good hire. Took a young Ready team with 4 wins in his first year and matured them into a 20 win team that held the #1 AP rating for several weeks. Great motivator and really gets kids to buy in.

Can't imagine any complaints here!

There are no complaints at GA.
All external noise.

Coach has a lot more to work with at GA now than he did when he took the Ready job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-19-18, 04:57 PM
All World

Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
Outside noise ? I have not heard one person from Gilmour or the outside say a bad thing about the hire. The guy did great in Columbus and was on the staff at Ed's and Hoban - what is there not to like. He will work in the school so that will be huge as well. Unless I'm missing something I don't see any negatives.

I will agree 100% that the hiring of the girls coach (while somewhat under the radar) was huge. Your taking an elite program and adding an elite coach. Both programs are in good hands it looks like.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Old 06-19-18, 05:41 PM
All District

brusharc1986 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball216 View Post
Outside noise ? I have not heard one person from Gilmour or the outside say a bad thing about the hire. The guy did great in Columbus and was on the staff at Ed's and Hoban - what is there not to like. He will work in the school so that will be huge as well. Unless I'm missing something I don't see any negatives.

I will agree 100% that the hiring of the girls coach (while somewhat under the radar) was huge. Your taking an elite program and adding an elite coach. Both programs are in good hands it looks like.

I didn’t know that he will also be working in the school? Wow, Gilmour must’ve really extended themselves to make him an offer inside the school. It is impressive when leaders are actually employed in leadership roles in the school community. To me, that is how you know a coach is committed to making it work at a private/Catholic school.
Old 06-20-18, 07:59 AM
All Ohio

Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
Coach inherits 3 experienced guards in Charleston, O’Toole and Coan.

9 seniors graduated but only 4 or so played much if at all.
The big man is the main loss.

The JV was 19-3 this past season playing 10-11 guys in a steady rotation.
There are many of those players who are gonna contribute heavily this season.
Scrappy bunch.
That group of players also are gonna fit well into the new style of play.
High energy guys.
Not much is size is the only concern but a couple of the sophomores may fill that role well.

This team is gonna be inexperienced at the start but fired up and they can shoot.
Will be fun to watch.

Time to move on to football and let the coach go to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-20-18, 08:20 AM
All World

Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
I remember watching the JV team a few times last year. You gave a pretty good assessment. They hustled and did shoot well. The issue if I remember correctly was size. They got beat up on the boards. Losing that big is a huge loss for a team with no height. That is not the end all be all because a few years ago STA went to state with no height. You just have to to play ridiculous fundamental defense and shoot really well. Mentor has done this for years. Gilmour being in D2 will eventually run into athletic squads like they did last year - but with the right system, kids that buy in and execution there is no reason they can't compete very well.

Old 06-20-18, 02:41 PM
All American

cvctrackfan is on a distinguished road
they do have a very athletic 6-4 6-5 sophomore/ he is already an All State Pitcher and a point guard who is already a two time track state champion...not a bad group of athletes/
Old 06-21-18, 02:29 PM
Junior Varsity

Carol Danvers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
The bigger basketball news out of Gilmour was the state ranked girls program naming Julie Solis as their head coach.

Nice hire. She is solid. Hopefully she won't lose any players to the old coach down the road. State championship coaches have a way of attracting players.