Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-13-17, 10:45 PM
All Yappi

thePITman is on a distinguished road
Manchester 32 Orrville 21
Triway 26 Tuslaw 20 (OT)
CVCA 56 Loudonville 32
Fairless 35 Northwest 13
Old 10-13-17, 11:58 PM
Varsity

Football1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePITman View Post
Manchester 32 Orrville 21
Triway 26 Tuslaw 20 (OT)
CVCA 56 Loudonville 32
Fairless 35 Northwest 13
What did we learn ?
Old 10-14-17, 09:27 AM
All American

the123kidz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football1 View Post
What did we learn ?
Loudenville is probably the best 0-8 team in the state. They have some skill and play hard no matter the score.
Old 10-14-17, 03:11 PM
All American

eyes r burning is on a distinguished road
I learned that Manchester will be without some key kids next week. Orrville will be missing some as well.
Old 10-15-17, 01:37 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes r burning View Post
I learned that Manchester will be without some key kids next week. Orrville will be missing some as well.
Was there a scuffle?
Old 10-15-17, 03:17 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by the123kidz View Post
Was there a scuffle?
Yes. 4 ejections.

http://www.the-daily-record.com/spor...thers-win-game
Old 10-16-17, 08:10 AM
All Yappi

Playoff picture for all the PAC-7 teams, according to Fantastic50.net:

CVCA:
Quote:
Playoff chance
13% now (need 8-2)
20% with a win in next game, and 1% with a loss

More conditional playoff info
(based on number of wins)
7W: 12.08 (10.75-14.43) 2% in, 0% home, proj. out
8W: 15.69 (14.42-17.17) 76% in, 0% home, proj. #8 (#5-out)
Fairless:
Quote:
Playoff chance
99% now (need 6-4), 32% home
100% with a win in next game, and 99% with a loss

6W: 13.10 (11.80-14.95) 99% in, 1% home, proj. #6 (#4-out)
7W: 14.80 (13.55-16.80) 100% in, 14% home, proj. #6 (#2-#8)
8W: 16.70 (15.90-18.20) 100% in, 50% home, proj. #5 (#2-#7)
Loudonville: (no)

Manchester:
Quote:
Playoff chance
100% now (need 6-4), 74% home
100% with a win in next game, and 100% with a loss

6W: 14.45 (13.55-15.30) 100% in, 7% home, proj. #6 (#3-#7)
7W: 15.15 (14.35-18.45) 100% in, 27% home, proj. #5 (#2-#8)
8W: 18.40 (17.95-18.95) 100% in, 93% home, proj. #3 (#2-#5)
Northwest: (no)

Orrville:
Quote:
Playoff chance
13% now (need 5-5)
34% with a win in next game, and 1% with a loss

4W: 8.40 (7.30-10.75) 2% in, 0% home, proj. out
5W: 11.90 (10.95-13.50) 74% in, 0% home, proj. #8 (#5-out)
Triway:
Quote:
Playoff chance
19% now (need 7-3)
47% with a win in next game, and 2% with a loss

6W: 9.00 (7.95-11.80) 6% in, 0% home, proj. out
7W: 11.80 (11.10-13.70) 76% in, 0% home, proj. #8 (#5-out)
Tuslaw: (no)
Old 10-16-17, 08:16 AM
All American

CVCA- No. Triway- No. Orrville- Maybe.

Orrville has the best chance to win out. I still don't think they make it with a win out.
CVCA should win this week, but they don't beat Manchester week 10.
Triway loses this week. Possibly loses Next week.

Good for Fairless. Shocked the crap out of me this year. Manchester is Manchester. Without the QB I don't think they are good enough to win the region, but will be in that final game if they stay away from South Range week 12.
Old 10-16-17, 08:41 AM
All Yappi

This week's games:

Triway @ CVCA
Fairless @ Orrville
Loudonville @ Manchester
Tuslaw @ Northwest
Old 10-16-17, 01:14 PM
All District

RedRider1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Part 1 (2nd quarter): 2 Manchester players ejected, one from Orrville:

Part 2 (4th quarter): Orrville player ejected:

What a mess. Horrible job by the officials in keeping order.
Old 10-16-17, 03:15 PM
All Region

Mr. General is on a distinguished road
Wow. Manchester kids look like a bunch of punks. Their time is coming in a few weeks...
Old 10-16-17, 04:25 PM
All Region

Youngguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. General View Post
Wow. Manchester kids look like a bunch of punks. Their time is coming in a few weeks...
Obviously you don't see #21 kicking a player in the head while he was down. And you must not have noticed #15 diving into the pile swinging. All in the first video. The refs DID NOT BLOW THE WHISTLE after forward motion was stopped twice! In the second video #21 delivers a cheap shot after the whistle punch. Before being ejected on this play, he had been sent to the sideline twice to "cool off". So who looks like punks?
Old 10-16-17, 04:27 PM
All District

harpua is on a distinguished road
So what's the rule on ejections....are they suspended for this upcoming week as well?
Old 10-16-17, 05:11 PM
All World

TopCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpua View Post
So what's the rule on ejections....are they suspended for this upcoming week as well?
Yes, they'll be out this week, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. General View Post
And you can tell all of that by the short video clips you saw without benefit of game audio? From what I understand, there was a late whistle on the first play. The referees lost control of the play and put players at risk by not blowing the play dead when the RB's forward progress was clearly stopped (:55 into the clip). You play until the whistle and if a ball carrier refuses to go down and if there is no whistle, then you take him down however you have to. The whistle did not sound until the player was in the grasp and being taken down (You see an official watch the play without a whistle in his mouth at :55, the white hat finally puts a whistle in mouth and blows the play dead at 1:01 into the clip, well after the player is in the grasp and going down). An ejection in that case is questionable. Also of note on that first play, the white hat is so intent on the ejection, he loses track as the action continues to unfold in front of him. He does noting to step in and stop the fracas, and it results in things escalating. Note #21 from Orrville stepping in to kick a player on the ground in the head (1:15 in). As for the second play, I'm not sure what we can ascertain about what happened since the view is obstructed, however we do see Orrville's #21 shove a Manchester player after the play. Since we mentioned him kicking a player earlier, I can also tell you Orrville had a RB who was kicking everytime he was tackled, and that went on until he was finally ejected late in the second half. To call players punks based on a few short video clips, no audio, and incomplete information is insulting and ridiculous.

Last edited by TopCat; 10-16-17 at 05:25 PM.
Old 10-16-17, 05:56 PM
All Ohio

pigskin13 is on a distinguished road
At about 52 seconds, #34 for Manchester rips a piece of cloth off of the Orrville RB, then swings the cloth and hits the RB while the fat Zebra in the black hat watches and does nothing.
Not taking sides, just pointing out something no one else has.

Last edited by pigskin13; 10-16-17 at 06:15 PM.
Old 10-16-17, 06:22 PM
Varsity

Quote:
CVCA- No. Triway- No. Orrville- Maybe.

Orrville has the best chance to win out. I still don't think they make it with a win out.
CVCA should win this week, but they don't beat Manchester week 10.
Triway loses this week. Possibly loses Next week.

Good for Fairless. Shocked the crap out of me this year. Manchester is Manchester. Without the QB I don't think they are good enough to win the region, but will be in that final game if they stay away from South Range week 12.
Cvca is in a tough region a loss to fairless hurt them. Manchester vs CVCA will go down to the last minute with CVCA, I donít know what you have in mind but CVCA can defenatley beat Manchester ecspcially now that they donít have their QB. Well see itís only week 9
Old 10-16-17, 06:25 PM
Varsity

Manchester does have something coming into town next week thought. Good look
Old 10-16-17, 07:18 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngguy View Post
Obviously you don't see #21 kicking a player in the head while he was down. And you must not have noticed #15 diving into the pile swinging. All in the first video. The refs DID NOT BLOW THE WHISTLE after forward motion was stopped twice! In the second video #21 delivers a cheap shot after the whistle punch. Before being ejected on this play, he had been sent to the sideline twice to "cool off". So who looks like punks?
How about #10 (we all know who that is and what he's know for) ripping down the face mask of the player who shoved him and what appears to be an appendage swinging into the player as he pulls his head? He then sprints away from the action and mocks the other team no less then 4 times. Real classy.
Old 10-16-17, 07:24 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football1 View Post
Cvca is in a tough region a loss to fairless hurt them. Manchester vs CVCA will go down to the last minute with CVCA, I donít know what you have in mind but CVCA can defenatley beat Manchester ecspcially now that they donít have their QB. Well see itís only week 9
CVCA'S chances are much improved. I know you can't make comparisons off of common opponent, but Fairless got waxed by Manchester. Fairless beat CVCA. Not to mention it's not their fault, but they haven't beat a good team yet. None of the teams they've beat have more than 3 wins. They can improve that stat with a win over a really bad 5 win Triway team though.
Old 10-16-17, 08:21 PM
All American

Stizostedion
I have been staying off of these boards because none of you deserve my wisdom. I am sorry to take everybodys focus off the MMA bout disguised as a football game the other night between Manchester and Orrville. That Ethan Wright kid is already getting big school looks. I am still in touch with the people at my alma mater the University of Maryland and they are scouting him. The one guy on Maryland staff who I talked to says this kid reminds him of Tavon Austin at the same age. I saw Austin play in high school and I have seen film of the Wright kid and there are similarities. Maryland is not the only big school looking at him already. Kentucky, Virginia, West Virginia, Pitt, Michigan State and Syracuse are also giving him looks so you know the MAC and smaller conferences are interested too. The only knock on him now is small frame. If he can put on 20 pounds and maintain his speed it could go somewhere. That is all. I will go back into the shadows now.
Old 10-16-17, 08:37 PM
Varsity

Quote:
CVCA'S chances are much improved. I know you can't make comparisons off of common opponent, but Fairless got waxed by Manchester. Fairless beat CVCA. Not to mention it's not their fault, but they haven't beat a good team yet. None of the teams they've beat have more than 3 wins. They can improve that stat with a win over a really bad 5 win Triway team though.
Your right, well in that case you could say CVCA beat Orville 56-20 Manchester beat them 32-21 ? Iíd say CVCA could be a 8-0 with 2 early losses. One coming from a really good canton south team. Manchester could be 8-0 as well but Iím very confident if CVCA and fairless played now CVCA by a couple of scores. My taking is Manchester canít stop number CVCAís #1 and their pass game and CVCA canít stop Manchesterís #7 and their run game. Canít wait to see this game seems that the player of the year will be from one of those teams
Old 10-16-17, 08:40 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizostedion View Post
I have been staying off of these boards because none of you deserve my wisdom. I am sorry to take everybodys focus off the MMA bout disguised as a football game the other night between Manchester and Orrville. That Ethan Wright kid is already getting big school looks. I am still in touch with the people at my alma mater the University of Maryland and they are scouting him. The one guy on Maryland staff who I talked to says this kid reminds him of Tavon Austin at the same age. I saw Austin play in high school and I have seen film of the Wright kid and there are similarities. Maryland is not the only big school looking at him already. Kentucky, Virginia, West Virginia, Pitt, Michigan State and Syracuse are also giving him looks so you know the MAC and smaller conferences are interested too. The only knock on him now is small frame. If he can put on 20 pounds and maintain his speed it could go somewhere. That is all. I will go back into the shadows now.

Small frame? the kid is 6'1" 170. He is more like a Robert Smith type runner, very smooth, long strides. Austin is 5'9". Sounds like you really haven't seen him.
Old 10-16-17, 08:45 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Iíve heard he is getting a lot of interest, looks at his stats and heís only a sophomore. WOW! But the CVCA kid Trey Tucker Iíve heard he is getting looks from Michigan State, Rutgers, Toledo, Ohio State, Syracuse, West Virginia, Pitt,and you would imagine more so I looked into the kid more itís legit he does run a 4.3 40 but being only 5.9-5.10 you need that speed to play at that level, Ethan and Trey are similar trey is definitely a lot faster but Ethan is bigger both have great quickness and good hands but Iím not sure who is taller but exciting that both are top of the line in the state, coming from the PAC-8 Awsome!
Old 10-16-17, 09:58 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigskin13 View Post
At about 52 seconds, #34 for Manchester rips a piece of cloth off of the Orrville RB, then swings the cloth and hits the RB while the fat Zebra in the black hat watches and does nothing.
Not taking sides, just pointing out something no one else has.
I don't know that he ripped cloth off the player, but he was definitely trying to punch the ball out like Manchester players have been correctly coached to do for the past 75 years.
Old 10-16-17, 10:12 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
I don't know that he ripped cloth off the player, but he was definitely trying to punch the ball out like Manchester players have been correctly coached to do for the past 75 years.
The sleeve on #22's undershirt didn't fall off by itself.
Old 10-16-17, 10:57 PM
All American

Quote:
I don't have a dog in this fight. I believe the refs delayed whitsle is the primary cause of this game getting out of control. That being said, you can't suplex someone anymore, regardless of a whistle blowing or not. Manchester does a lot of things right in regards to how to create turnovers and play good hard nosed defense. They also have mastered the art of flopping to initiate calls, instigating post whistle skirmishes by throwing someone down after the whistle disrespecting the opposing team pregame by walking through there pregame drills.

As far as Orville goes #21 and #22 are both freshman being forced into playing on Friday nights a year before they really should be. They both are excellent players and will be a handful the next 3 years. They don't have the maturity to handle the big moments and get frustrated when they get manhandled by upper class man.

I for one am glad to see both teams have some fight in them. This is what makes a rivalry special. Imagine what it will be like next year at France field when Orville comes in a year older with there starting QB back.
Old 10-17-17, 07:15 AM
All Yappi

^^ Well said.

I don't think Manchester fans would want to know what can be seen from the camera angle on the opposite side of the field. Manchester players deliberately pulling facemasks after the play on multiple occasions, kneeing players in the groin area, and more. Neither team was innocent in this by any stretch. As Coach France said himself, both teams should be ashamed of themselves. As teenagers, I'm sure both teams got a good talkin'-to this week and will hopefully learn from it.

Quote:
I have been staying off of these boards because none of you deserve my wisdom.
Like the wisdom that said Northwest and Orrville would run through the PAC.
Old 10-17-17, 09:13 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
The sleeve on #22's undershirt didn't fall off by itself.
No, it didn't. #34 was attempting to make a tackle and came away with a handful of shirt. Nothing illegal about that. Nothing illegal about trying to punch the ball out, either.
Old 10-17-17, 11:14 AM
All Region

Mr. General is on a distinguished road
Manchester still trying to get payback for all the Orrville beatdowns in football & basketball in the past.
Old 10-17-17, 03:41 PM
All Ohio

pigskin13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
No, it didn't. #34 was attempting to make a tackle and came away with a handful of shirt. Nothing illegal about that. Nothing illegal about trying to punch the ball out, either.
Nobody said ripping the guys shirt off was illegal but to watch him swing and hit the Orrville RB with the ripped shirt and say he was trying to punch the ball out, come on, your eyes aren't that bad.