Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Elder Panthers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-14-17, 10:38 AM
All Ohio

Patchwork is on a distinguished road
We have seen other schools in the GCL pull kids up to gain extra experience at certain positions and it seems to work for them. I do understand the precedent of the past and present but it seems that a change or experiment with it could be a valid option and worth exploring. This shouldn’t effect the fact that the jv team for 18 will also have qb’s in the development grouping and could likely be the 3rd back up on varsity?
Old 11-14-17, 10:42 AM
All World

Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchwork View Post
We have seen other schools in the GCL pull kids up to gain extra experience at certain positions and it seems to work for them. I do understand the precedent of the past and present but it seems that a change or experiment with it could be a valid option and worth exploring. This shouldn’t effect the fact that the jv team for 18 will also have qb’s in the development grouping and could likely be the 3rd back up on varsity?
Both of those kids are more valuable at other positions. Pastoriza would be the 3rd string QB in case of emergency.
Old 11-14-17, 10:45 AM
Freshman

WorkRoadSammy is on a distinguished road
The best player should play, regardless of the class they are in. Elder needs to start winning GCL games again and be concerned about getting back to the playoffs or they will lose more kids to competitors. St. X and LaSalle are looking better and better each year.
Old 11-14-17, 11:19 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkRoadSammy View Post
The best player should play, regardless of the class they are in. Elder needs to start winning GCL games again and be concerned about getting back to the playoffs or they will lose more kids to competitors. St. X and LaSalle are looking better and better each year.
The best players do play on Varsity. This is about getting kids who will/have the potential to start as Sophs as game ready as possible. Even though, I know you're trolling like the sh1t stain you are. You're garbage and clearly an alter for another school, possibly ReLoad or IRISH11. One of those giz rags.

Last edited by Descartes; 11-19-17 at 10:46 PM.
Old 11-14-17, 11:25 AM
All American

trey2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
The best players do play on Varsity.
I think one could argue the "precedent" and "pay your dues" game was played some with Bittner not starting last year (maybe) and this year (definitely). It's hard for anyone to say he wasn't the best QB on the team. I know that's easy to say in hindsight however. But season may have ended differently with Bittner starting from the beginning.

But then again, maybe a light bulb went off. I'm not at practice every day.
Old 11-14-17, 11:55 AM
All World

All indications are Nieman outplayed Bittner in the preseason. Obviously, if the staff could roll back time and start Bittner from the very beginning, they would. I give them credit for handling a tough situation in a way that let both players try to win the job mid season.
Old 11-20-17, 11:53 AM
All World

My understanding is the Open House went well. The expectation is this Frosh class will be over 200, closer to 220+, maybe not quite as large as the 250 in the current Soph class.

All that out of the way, any news on non feeder athletes?
Old 11-20-17, 12:06 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Heard it was one of the bigger crowds for Open House in recent years. Thought the move to Thursday night was odd, but looks like it worked.
Old 11-20-17, 01:39 PM
All Region

jjk10 is on a distinguished road
I heard from one of the tour guides, that there were some families there
that traditionally send kids to LaSalle.
Old 11-20-17, 01:55 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Apparently, there were some kids from St Michael that attended as well.
Old 11-20-17, 02:11 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjk10 View Post
I heard from one of the tour guides, that there were some families there
that traditionally send kids to LaSalle.
From Ignatius? That's not a surprise.
Old 11-20-17, 02:34 PM
All American

trey2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Good sports classes usually run in cycles, and Elder is due for one. Alot of promise for this incoming class. I don't think it's hype this time. Nothing is promised, but a class of 220+ (if accurate - that number will probably change 400 times) and alot of very good athletes is a very good sign.
Old 11-20-17, 02:39 PM
All World

The Jr Class is a "good" sports class. However, this class could be better than "good", at least for football.
Old 11-21-17, 10:14 AM
All Yappi

PURPLE REIGN is on a distinguished road
For what its worth, the current sophomore class is very strong up front on both sides of the ball.
Old 11-21-17, 01:28 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLE REIGN View Post
For what its worth, the current sophomore class is very strong up front on both sides of the ball.
Definitely. What's surprising is how well Luebbe has played at QB. Of the 3 QBs in that grade, he was always more an athlete instead of a QB. However, he outplayed Hudepohl in the JV game.
Old 11-22-17, 04:21 PM
All Region

Fair&Balanced is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
Definitely. What's surprising is how well Luebbe has played at QB. Of the 3 QBs in that grade, he was always more an athlete instead of a QB. However, he outplayed Hudepohl in the JV game.
Luebbe was always an excellent QB throughout grade school and last year as a freshmen. You are dead wrong about your assessment...he was never just an athlete. He has always been a good passer and was able to run, but really didn't need to do it that much in grade school.

I read your assessments and sometimes I just laugh about where you get them or how you come to your conclusions. You also said two summers ago said the now sophomores didn't have any talent...mediocre at best. After the last two years, you have a much different take. Btw, they only have 2 QBs in the Sophomore class, Luebbe and Thaimann, who was the starting safety.
Old 11-22-17, 05:27 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair&Balanced View Post
Luebbe was always an excellent QB throughout grade school and last year as a freshmen. You are dead wrong about your assessment...he was never just an athlete. He has always been a good passer and was able to run, but really didn't need to do it that much in grade school.

I read your assessments and sometimes I just laugh about where you get them or how you come to your conclusions. You also said two summers ago said the now sophomores didn't have any talent...mediocre at best. After the last two years, you have a much different take. Btw, they only have 2 QBs in the Sophomore class, Luebbe and Thaimann, who was the starting safety.
They rotated 3 QBs early on: Luebbe, Perdue, and Thaman. I think the current Sophs have talent, but the speed on the backend of the Defense is lacking. I hope Perdue turns into a stud LB and Richardson at Corner along with Deters.

And I'm not allowed to be wrong? I'm glad this group has developed from when I saw them play as Frosh v Colerain.
Old 11-22-17, 10:40 PM
All Region

Fair&Balanced is on a distinguished road
As Freshmen, there were actually six QBs, and all of them got play time.

Sure, you can be wrong, but your arrogance about having to be right and your silliness when you insist to respond others' takes has you seldom admitting to mistakes. Admit to mistakes more often and you probably won't have deal with as much cr@p.

Last edited by Fair&Balanced; 11-22-17 at 10:53 PM.
Old 11-22-17, 11:58 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair&Balanced View Post
As Freshmen, there were actually six QBs, and all of them got play time.

Sure, you can be wrong, but your arrogance about having to be right and your silliness when you insist to respond others' takes has you seldom admitting to mistakes. Admit to mistakes more often and you probably won't have deal with as much cr@p.
I don't have patience for homers or constant pessimists, which puts me in conflict with many of the posters in this forum.

I cannot remember exactly what I said about the current Sophs as Frosh, but I remember these things from when I saw them play Colerain:

- Elder had big Lines on both sides
- Catania ran the ball very well
- The Back 7 of the Elder Defense was undersized
- The Colerain Frosh were awful