Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-21-17, 11:27 PM
All Ohio

simkon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Struthersfan View Post
So week 3 might be the only option for Canfield/Poland.
Similarly Canfield already has teams weeks 1 through 3 for the next 4 years. So week 3 will not happen. The games cannot be moved because their opponents go into league play after week 3. Note that the Alliance game was moved one year to week 4 I think. So as I said this game will not happen anytime soon.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk
Old 11-22-17, 12:22 AM
All Region

peebles is on a distinguished road
I believe that Salem picked up Kenmore/Garfield to replace the hole left in their schedule by the shunning of Louisville and the quick departure of South Range from the new EBC. Maybe Chaney or East could also be in their future if the EBC can't find an eighth member.
Old 11-22-17, 08:20 AM
All Ohio

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
I know it was announced
and I missed it

When do Chaney and East begin to play as separate entities again?

What are their projected divisions?

And has there been any talk from shep or any official if they intend to enter a league with these schools?
Old 11-22-17, 09:30 AM
All Ohio

nupanther is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post
I know it was announced
and I missed it

When do Chaney and East begin to play as separate entities again?

What are their projected divisions?

And has there been any talk from shep or any official if they intend to enter a league with these schools?
For football. 2019

Right now they will be independent
The scuttlebutt is D4- but I'm wondering if people are adding the current Chaney High kids or are they just dividing up the current East numbers in half
Old 11-22-17, 09:34 AM
All Ohio

nupanther is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebles View Post
I believe that Salem picked up Kenmore/Garfield to replace the hole left in their schedule by the shunning of Louisville and the quick departure of South Range from the new EBC. Maybe Chaney or East could also be in their future if the EBC can't find an eighth member.
Salem would be a decent pick up for YCS. I can't recall the last time the city played Salem. The last time East played them was the mid 80s. Come to think of it, the last time any NBC team played YCS would've been Alliance about a decade ago.
Old 11-22-17, 01:46 PM
All World

SteelValley
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHSspartans13 View Post
Do you know who we have week 4 next year? Says open date on schedulestar. I know Jackson is on long term, and Poland replaces our week 2 slot with Howland in 2019.
I don't think it is 100% set but will be a one-year/home-only deal. So, I'd probably guess a city league team or maybe if someone like a Lorain or similar is open to the idea. As long as it is a team capable of winning 4-5 games, I'm ok with that, even if it's a semi-weak opponent like a Cleveland JFK, Rhodes, Firestone, Kenmore, Akron East or maybe a Pittsburgh city school.
Old 11-22-17, 02:12 PM
All World

SteelValley
Regarding future week 1 with East, assuming that goes away, I think looking across the state line could be smart. The new consolidated Erie HS is likely to be a consistent 7+ win team but is still pretty average or maybe slightly above. Erie McDowell also would be worth considering. And more locally, new castle generally wins more than they lose and is D-2 or 3 equivalent. Could be a good opener.
Old 11-22-17, 02:13 PM
All Ohio

falcons53 is on a distinguished road
Will East/Chaney have boundaries in the city or will it be open enrollment between the two?
Old 11-22-17, 03:22 PM
All World

BHSspartans13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelValley View Post
Regarding future week 1 with East, assuming that goes away, I think looking across the state line could be smart. The new consolidated Erie HS is likely to be a consistent 7+ win team but is still pretty average or maybe slightly above. Erie McDowell also would be worth considering. And more locally, new castle generally wins more than they lose and is D-2 or 3 equivalent. Could be a good opener.
New Philadelphia has a week 1 opening in 2019. That'd be a nice Harbin cow. Also Aurora has week 4 openings for 2019 and 2020. Those would both be reasonable opponents.
Old 11-22-17, 03:58 PM
All American

Spartan0505 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHSspartans13 View Post
New Philadelphia has a week 1 opening in 2019. That'd be a nice Harbin cow. Also Aurora has week 4 openings for 2019 and 2020. Those would both be reasonable opponents.

No thanks to either of those.
Old 11-22-17, 07:30 PM
All Ohio

ts1227 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to ts1227
Quote:
Originally Posted by nupanther View Post
Salem would be a decent pick up for YCS. I can't recall the last time the city played Salem. The last time East played them was the mid 80s. Come to think of it, the last time any NBC team played YCS would've been Alliance about a decade ago.

Thereís no good way to get from most of the NBC schools to Youngstown and vice versus. You take the never finished 62 spur around Alliance, then itís a pain from there. Much easier for Salem and WB
Old 11-22-17, 08:39 PM
All American

Paladin1aa is on a distinguished road
The Blue tier looks to continue on in the AAC. They look to be set. With the White tier gone, what happens with the Gold and Red tiers ?
Old 11-22-17, 08:48 PM
All Ohio

simkon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1aa View Post
The Blue tier looks to continue on in the AAC. They look to be set. With the White tier gone, what happens with the Gold and Red tiers ?
The red tier doesn't exist anymore. East will be independent. Poland and Niles went to the NE8. That leaves Howland which will be independent and Canfield which has an outside chance of joining a league possibly as a football only member or also as an independent. As for the gold tier Lakeside is leaving, leaving Warren Harding, Boardman and Austintown Fitch. Cardinal Mooney and Ursuline are currently not in a league. The only possiblites for the former gold members is join the Federal League if they will even take them or bring back the SVC (Boardman, Fitch, Harding, Mooney and Ursuline). Howland will just have to patch together schedules which should be managable. Canfield is the big question mark.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk