Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-29-15, 04:22 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Huber Heights Wayne 28 Colerain 21

State Semi Final and the game many were hoping would happen and did. I am certain that every kid that played in that game is hurting something good today. That was one hard hitting brutal game in adverse conditions.

Wayne fans and Colerain fans have been cheering each others teams for years ever since we gained great respect among each other in the old days of double header playoffs at Nippert and Paul Brown Stadium. United in force against the common enemy, the GCL....

Wayne opened up a 28-7 lead in the 4th quarter but Colerain made a valiant comeback attempt but fell short as Wayne advances to the state final.

Wayne held Colerain 3 and out and moved down the field early but stalled out as the Warriors were wide right on the FG attempt. Colerain started to get it going grinding out yards but turnovers were huge early as the CARDS turned it over twice in Wayne's territory. Wayne was also shooting themselves in the foot with costly penalties two on defense that kept Colerain drives going. While the Defenses were playing lights out it was another crucial mistake by the CARDS when a bad snap on a punt led to Wayne's 1st TD. Pitts got in from 1 yard out on 4th down following a great goal line stance. Well, that lead did not last long as the CARDS went into the trickery and came up with a half back pass that netted 47 yards. A play later after defensive player of the year Tobias Gilliam had to leave the field as his helmet got ripped off almost taking his ear with it the CARDS took advantage as Jones hit Leyendecker for a 12 yard pass and we were 7-7 at half.

Wayne came out with fire in their eyes in the 2nd half as the Wayne defense put the clamp down on Colerain's option run. Wayne blocked a Colerain punt which set up a 10 yard TD run by McCleskey to put Wayne up 14-7. Wayne's rush defense was stopping Colerain and the Wayne offense got it going as DeWeaver found Wilcox for a 26 yard TD pass. Wayne added another score on a Pitts 4 yard run and it was 28-7 Wayne with 6 minutes to go.

Now at this point a large group of fans on the Colerain stands left. I hope they were not actually Colerain fans because they missed some really gutsy performances by the Colerain players who refused to give up. Colerain's QB Jones got hit so hard on this play I was worried about his safety but he somehow withstood the blow, stayed on his feet just to get drilled again after a few more yards. Forced with a 4th and 12 Colerain had to go with it and Jones once again was running for his life and somehow managed to weave his way through traffic taking hits just and just making the first down marker.

Wayne went into a prevent defense which opened up the field for Colerain who was now forced to throw. The drive ended with a Jones 4 yard run but it took up nearly 4 minutes on the clock. Colerain's onside kick failed but they stopped Wayne 3 and out using up all their timeouts. Colerain once again started throwing the ball gaining yards but the clock kept running. It looked like it was all but over but Jones hit Riep on a short pass up the middle. He broke off of a tackle got a great block and hit the corner and went all the way for a 68 yard TD with a minute to play... 28-21

They tried once more for the onside kick but they touched the ball before the 10 yards and Wayne took over. It got a bit interesting at this point as I really do not know what was going on... I guess Colerain was trying to guess the snap on the knee or something but it seemed like it took forever to play the last 50 seconds.

Congrats to Wayne, 14-0 and heading to state for their 4th time. Wayne made the plays when they needed and that Wayne defense in the 2nd half (minus the prevent) stuffed the Colerain run game. I don't know how many yards Colerain got rushing in the 2nd half but I would be surprised if it was more than 25. The difference in this game in my opinion was Special Teams, Wayne's defense, and turnovers.... Best of luck to Colerain next year.... and for those Colerain posters who posted in the Wayne/Colerain SWO scrimmage thread 15 weeks ago... well, we got our wish!!!! too bad someone had to lose...

Huber Heights Wayne 00 07 07 14 - 28
Colerain ___________ 00 07 00 14 - 21

STATS:

Total Yards: Wayne 176 Colerain 352 (a bit misleading since Colerain amassed about 160 yards on Wayne's prevent defense)
Rushing: Wayne 38 for 114 yards / 51 for 159 yards (most of those yards came in the first half)
Passing: Wayne 62 Colerain 193 (mostly on prevent)

IND:

QB Wayne DeWeaver 5/18 62 yards 1 TD
QB Colerain Jones 9/18 146 yards 1 TD 1 INT

RB Wayne Pitts 12 for 69 yards 2 TD's, McCleskey 7 for 41 1 TD
RB Colerain Jones 25 for 74 yards 1 TD, Caldwell 17 for 67, Johnson 6 for 42,

WR Wayne Wilcox 3 for 50 1 TD, Smith 1 for 9
WR Colereain Leyendecker 3 for 32 1 TD, Hicks 3 for 87, Riep 1 for 68 1 TD

*The weather did play a factor for both teams. It rained the whole game and it was cold.

Last edited by vamp2syd; 11-29-15 at 05:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-15, 05:02 PM
All Yappi

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
State Semi Final and the game many were hoping would happen and did. I am certain that every kid that played in that game is hurting something good today. That was one hard hitting brutal game in adverse conditions.

Wayne fans and Colerain fans have been cheering each others teams for years ever since we gained great respect among each other in the old days of double header playoffs at Nippert and Paul Brown Stadium. United in force against the common enemy, the GCL....

Wayne opened up a 28-7 lead in the 4th quarter but Colerain made a valiant comeback attempt but fell short as Wayne advances to the state final.

Wayne held Colerain 3 and out and moved down the field early but stalled out as the Warriors were wide right on the FG attempt. Colerain started to get it going grinding out yards but turnover were huge early as the CARDS turned it over twice in Wayne's territory. While the Defenses were playing lights out it was another crucial mistake by the CARDS when a bad snap on a punt led to Wayne's 1st TD. Pitts got in from 1 yard out on 4th down following a great goal line stance. Well, that lead did not last long as the CARDS went into the trickery and came up with a half back pass that netted 47 yards. A play later after defensive player of the year Tobias Gilliam had to leave the field as his helmet got ripped off almost taking his ear with it the CARDS took advantage as Jones hit Leyendecker for a 12 yard pass and we were 7-7 at half.

Wayne came out with fire in their eyes in the 2nd half as the Wayne defense put the clamp down on Colerain's option run. Wayne blocked a Colerain punt which set up a 10 yard TD run by McCleskey to put Wayne up 14-7. Wayne's rush defense was stopping Colerain and the Wayne offense got it going as DeWeaver found Wilcox for a 26 yard TD pass. Wayne added another score on a Pitts 4 yard run and it was 28-7 Wayne with 6 minutes to go.

Now at this point a large group of fans on the Colerain stands left. I hope they were not actually Colerain fans because they missed some really gutsy performances by the Colerain players who refused to give up. Colerain's QB Jones got hit so hard on this play I was worried about his safety but he somehow withstood the blow, stayed on his feet just to get drilled again after a few more yards. Forced with a 4th and 12 Colerain had to go with it and Jones once again was running for his life and somehow managed to weave his way through traffic taking hits just and just making the first down marker.

Wayne went into a prevent defense which opened up the field for Colerain who was now forced to throw. The drive ended with a Jones 4 yard run but it took up nearly 4 minutes on the clock. Colerain's onside kick failed but they stopped Wayne 3 and out using up all their timeouts. Colerain once again started throwing the ball gaining yards but the clock kept running. It looked like it was all but over but Jones hit Riep on a short pass up the middle. He broke off of a tackle got a great block and hit the corner and went all the way for a 68 yard TD with a minute to play... 28-21

They tried once more for the onside kick but they touched the ball before the 10 yards and Wayne took over. It got a bit interesting at this point as I really do not know what was going on... I guess Colerain was trying to guess the snap on the knee or something but it seemed like it took forever to play the last 50 seconds.

Congrats to Wayne, 14-0 and heading to state for their 4th time. Wayne made the plays when they needed and that Wayne defense in the 2nd half (minus the prevent) stuffed the Colerain run game. I don't know how many yards Colerain got rushing in the 2nd half but I would be surprised if it was more than 25. The difference in this game in my opinion was Special Teams, Wayne's defense, and turnovers.... Best of luck to Colerain next year.... and for those Colerain posters who posted in the Wayne/Colerain SWO scrimmage thread 15 weeks ago... well, we got our wish!!!! too bad someone had to lose...

Huber Heights Wayne 00 07 07 14 - 28
Colerain ___________ 00 07 00 14 - 21

STATS:

Total Yards: Wayne 176 Colerain 352 (a bit misleading since Colerain amassed about 160 yards on Wayne's prevent defense)
Rushing: Wayne 38 for 114 yards / 51 for 159 yards (most of those yards came in the first half)
Passing: Wayne 62 Colerain 193 (mostly on prevent)

IND:

QB Wayne DeWeaver 5/18 62 yards 1 TD
QB Colerain Jones 9/18 146 yards 1 TD 1 INT

RB Wayne Pitts 12 for 69 yards 2 TD's, McCleskey 7 for 41 1 TD
RB Colerain Jones 25 for 74 yards 1 TD, Caldwell 17 for 67, Johnson 6 for 42,

WR Wayne Wilcox 3 for 50 1 TD, Smith 1 for 9
WR Colereain Leyendecker 3 for 32 1 TD, Hicks 3 for 87, Riep 1 for 68 1 TD

*The weather did play a factor for both teams. It rained the whole game and it was cold.
Uh, 5 Colerain turnovers = loss simple
Old 11-29-15, 05:13 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh, 5 Colerain turnovers = loss simple
Which game did they have 5 turnovers in...

Colerain turned it over 3 times against Wayne...
Old 11-29-15, 05:19 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Which game did they have 5 turnovers in...

Colerain turned it over 3 times against Wayne...
UH snaps over the punters head are are considered turnovers. Blocked punts are considered turnovers. Fumbles lost and INTS are considered turnovers. Jeez you guys won let it go. Special teams and turnovers killed Colerain simple.
Old 11-29-15, 05:49 PM
All Region

Geno1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
UH snaps over the punters head are are considered turnovers. Blocked punts are considered turnovers. Fumbles lost and INTS are considered turnovers. Jeez you guys won let it go. Special teams and turnovers killed Colerain simple.
Hoser, UH UH UH sounds like you are the one who won't let it go with your 5 turnover talk!

UH UH UH

What is that anyway? Just get to your point!
Old 11-29-15, 06:01 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
with that logic, then... dropped passes on 3rd down... turnover
penalties that keeps another teams drive going... turnover
Scoring a touchdown... now you have to kick off ... turnover

sounds like your the one that has the problem....
Old 11-29-15, 06:06 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
with that logic, then... dropped passes on 3rd down... turnover
penalties that keeps another teams drive going... turnover
Scoring a touchdown... now you have to kick off ... turnover

sounds like your the one that has the problem....
Uh vampy, I have tons of problems, none of them related to turnovers. Uh cant you just be happy? Your Warriors are in the state finals.Go up there and beat the Cleveland all-stars with the Montgomery county all-stars. UH "you don't live in Cleveland."
Old 11-29-15, 07:42 PM
All American

Rabbit is on a distinguished road
fers

Quote:
Uh vampy, I have tons of problems, none of them related to turnovers. Uh cant you just be happy? Your Warriors are in the state finals.Go up there and beat the Cleveland all-stars with the Montgomery county all-stars. UH "you don't live in Cleveland."
Has Wayne added any D1 transfers to the roster for this weeks big game? It could make a big difference in the outcome.

2015 Wayne Warriors *
Old 11-29-15, 08:14 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I'm on cloud 9 Hoser...

Hey look hoser its Letterman!!!!!

He's got an "L" to change the "H" in Hoser to an "L"

Loser

Old 11-29-15, 08:43 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I'm on cloud 9 Hoser...

Hey look hoser its Letterman!!!!!

He's got an "L" to change the "H" in Hoser to an "L"

Loser

Uh vampy, I mean lampy, that's kinda weak. Uh don't watch network TV destroys brain cells and I sure cant afford that. Uh top ten reasons Wayne is good 1 recruiting2recruiting3recruiting4recruiting5recrui ting6recruiting7recruiting8recruiting9recruiting10 recruiting. Uh did I mention recruiting?
Old 11-29-15, 08:48 PM
Proud Dad of a US Marine

Warrior78 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Uh vampy, I mean lampy, that's kinda weak. Uh don't watch network TV destroys brain cells and I sure cant afford that. Uh top ten reasons Wayne is good 1 recruiting2recruiting3recruiting4recruiting5recrui ting6recruiting7recruiting8recruiting9recruiting10 recruiting. Uh did I mention recruiting?
I thought Lawrence Welk was dead...
Old 11-29-15, 08:51 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior78 View Post
I thought Lawrence Welk was dead...
Uh a one and a two and a three DANCE. Uh he was partial to those beautiful young women the ole geezer. Where did all those bubbles come from?
Old 11-30-15, 08:14 AM
All District

Ralston is on a distinguished road
Colerain had a great year, but they always come up short when forced to rely on their passing game. Jones is a great runner, but watching him throw sidearm and try to aim the ball, this shouldn't happen in week 14. Colerain had a great season, but next year when they cruise through the GMC, maybe work on passing game more.