Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-21-17, 10:13 AM
All Region

Louisville Leopards is on a distinguished road
Louisville's Defense sets new season record...

The Louisville defense has allowed more points in a single season than any other defense in school history dating back to 1924. The old record, 284 points in 1960 has been surpassed with the loss to Salem in week 9 bringing the season total to 305 (33.8 avg) points with one game left in the 2017 season. With Louisville going to a much stronger schedule after the 2017 season, changes will have to be made in order to compete.

Old Man 54 has hit the nail on the head week after week with his post and completely sums up my thoughts on the direction of this staff and the direction of our program.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-17, 12:10 PM
Junior Varsity

YTownPenguin06 is on a distinguished road
Shoutout to the Quakers for helping you get such an amazing achievement
Old 10-21-17, 03:48 PM
All Region

old man 54 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisville Leopards View Post
The Louisville defense has allowed more points in a single season than any other defense in school history dating back to 1924. The old record, 284 points in 1960 has been surpassed with the loss to Salem in week 9 bringing the season total to 305 (33.8 avg) points with one game left in the 2017 season. With Louisville going to a much stronger schedule after the 2017 season, changes will have to be made in order to compete.

Old Man 54 has hit the nail on the head week after week with his post and completely sums up my thoughts on the direction of this staff and the direction of our program.
This was one I wish I was not right on... I truly wanted then to prove me and others wrong..all are really nice guys but complacency is too ingrained for the coaching staff to change.

As has been mentioned by many of us - 0 changes in scheme or personnel other than those personnel changes made due to injury. Why would anyone continue week after week to do the same thing without at least trying something different?

I posted a request on another thread -The D coordinator needs to resign immediately and step down to maybe go coach the 5 and 6 grade little leopards as maybe someone will have a spot for him. Although I don't think Demarco does anything with the D, he needs to go too for allowing it to happen without trying anything different.

Its an embarrassment...

For several years many of us have stood up and defended our program while many in the county blamed our success on weak competition. I still think for the most part,our teams were solid and could play with most. Its sad to watch all the alumni attend the games an watch this debacle...This is not just a down year although some will blame it on that. This has been brewing for several years. It started with the 10-0, 2013 team and then a solid 2014 who this staff could not get past week 1 in the playoffs. Then the 2015 had enough talent to get past Hoban and possibly win out first state title. However, the inability to do anything different against a great team was our downfall and probably in my lifetime will be the best team we had that could have actually won a state title.

Next year is going to be an embarrassment to our program, and will support what many of these people have been saying for years, and unfortunately tarnish the legacy many have left if something does not change. And if a new staff can be brought in let competent people be part of the selection. Not people on the TD club who know nothing about football...Let someone like our old coach Crislip lead the selection committee..

I only hope that this staff will bow out gracefully as we leave the NBC because you have proved repeatedly you do not have what it takes to play at a higher level.

I really don't care if you bring back old bloodlines in coaching (Perry sure has reaped successful results) or venture out to get new, but please do something before our rich history and tradition is destroyed by a staff that it too stuck in there way of doing things to lead this program to success in the future.
Old 10-21-17, 04:29 PM
All Yappi

ohiopup is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by YTownPenguin06 View Post
Shoutout to the Quakers for helping you get such an dubious achievement
FIFY

:>---

19 days and counting...
Old 10-21-17, 05:21 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by old man 54 View Post
This was one I wish I was not right on... I truly wanted then to prove me and others wrong..all are really nice guys but complacency is too ingrained for the coaching staff to change.

As has been mentioned by many of us - 0 changes in scheme or personnel other than those personnel changes made due to injury. Why would anyone continue week after week to do the same thing without at least trying something different?

I posted a request on another thread -The D coordinator needs to resign immediately and step down to maybe go coach the 5 and 6 grade little leopards as maybe someone will have a spot for him. Although I don't think Demarco does anything with the D, he needs to go too for allowing it to happen without trying anything different.

Its an embarrassment...

For several years many of us have stood up and defended our program while many in the county blamed our success on weak competition. I still think for the most part,our teams were solid and could play with most. Its sad to watch all the alumni attend the games an watch this debacle...This is not just a down year although some will blame it on that. This has been brewing for several years. It started with the 10-0, 2013 team and then a solid 2014 who this staff could not get past week 1 in the playoffs. Then the 2015 had enough talent to get past Hoban and possibly win out first state title. However, the inability to do anything different against a great team was our downfall and probably in my lifetime will be the best team we had that could have actually won a state title.

Next year is going to be an embarrassment to our program, and will support what many of these people have been saying for years, and unfortunately tarnish the legacy many have left if something does not change. And if a new staff can be brought in let competent people be part of the selection. Not people on the TD club who know nothing about football...Let someone like our old coach Crislip lead the selection committee..

I only hope that this staff will bow out gracefully as we leave the NBC because you have proved repeatedly you do not have what it takes to play at a higher level.

I really don't care if you bring back old bloodlines in coaching (Perry sure has reaped successful results) or venture out to get new, but please do something before our rich history and tradition is destroyed by a staff that it too stuck in there way of doing things to lead this program to success in the future.

This is the problem people who are not from Louisville have? What legacy are you referring to? The legacy of those who just whine and complain whether their team is good or bad. They could go 15-0, win a state title, and someone would have something bad to say. That is Louisville and that is why people resent them
Old 10-21-17, 06:24 PM
All American

hitme is on a distinguished road
Our legacy RJ is a tradition of winning football and doing it with class. Never have you seen a Louisville team dump their water jug in the middle of the field then have the players circle up and do jumping jacks on the field followed by singing hey, hey hey goodbye. Then you stand in the middle of the field for a good 10 minutes till you get chased off. As far as the fans and your coaches, they weren't trying to pick a fight, they were just letting you know how disgusted they were with your actions.
Old 10-21-17, 06:53 PM
All Ohio

Stack Attack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitme View Post
Our legacy RJ is a tradition of winning football and doing it with class. Never have you seen a Louisville team dump their water jug in the middle of the field then have the players circle up and do jumping jacks on the field followed by singing hey, hey hey goodbye. Then you stand in the middle of the field for a good 10 minutes till you get chased off. As far as the fans and your coaches, they weren't trying to pick a fight, they were just letting you know how disgusted they were with your actions.
From a football team standpoint, I agree with your post..from an adult and student standpoint it's the complete opposite.

I've witnessed Louisville fans throw/spill coffee on opposing players at the old stadium underneath the homeside bleachers, use repeated foul and derogatory language, ring other schools victory bells, and mock opposing schools mascots.

Just wanted to throw that out there
Old 10-21-17, 07:11 PM
Junior Varsity

Don’t tell him the truth Stack Attack, they can’t handle it. I was not on the field, I did play for Coach J though. The people who claim these things about him don’t know the man. I consider him to be one of the best coaches in the state of Ohio. I witnessed your fans come up tying to start a fight and Coach J remaining calm and not letting things get out of hand. Louisville is classy....���������� that’s a good one
Old 10-24-17, 12:34 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by YTownPenguin06 View Post
This is the problem people who are not from Louisville have? What legacy are you referring to? The legacy of those who just whine and complain whether their team is good or bad. They could go 15-0, win a state title, and someone would have something bad to say. That is Louisville and that is why people resent them
Referring to the successful transition of 625 wins, 34 League titles, 18 undefeated seasons, 16 playoff appearances, 2 regional titles and 1 state runner up...not bad... I know there is no state title and some of those league titles were a a weak NBC, while when it started the competition may have been alot better.

Regardless, still a pretty damn successful program that not just any school can match..

In addition for years we played tough, hard nosed defense in an attacking scheme...that has been lost and is deteriorating under the current staff in charge. Not many ran on the Leps for years, now we give up more yards and points than any team in history..

Unless you have been here through it all, you would not understand the deterioration of this program regardless of record since this staff took over.

I ask anyone to name 1 game under the Demarco regime where we were the under dogs and won... Maybe Marlington this year, but other than that, I can't recall another one.
Old 10-24-17, 01:39 PM
Building Tradition

Eagle_62 is on a distinguished road
Desperate times call for desperate measures (call him and he will come) problem solved !!!!
Old 10-24-17, 01:56 PM
All American

I wouldn't have a problem with that.
Old 10-24-17, 04:03 PM
All Ohio

Ville-ified is on a distinguished road
Neither would I. That hire, coupled with the talent in the next two classes, and an independent schedule! I’d be counting down the days until the 2018 season.
Old 10-24-17, 10:30 PM
All Ohio

COACH_XYZ&12345 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle_62 View Post
Desperate times call for desperate measures (call him and he will come) problem solved !!!!
Yes he would come...
Old 10-25-17, 07:27 AM
All American

Lynus24 is on a distinguished road
That would be the best and simplest option. Problem is the superintendent....will she do what's best for the program, or hold a grudge?

You'd see an immediate improvement and a better attitude that would start day one.

You want to win...that's what you do, and hopefully he would be on board to help get this program back in the right direction.
Old 10-25-17, 07:57 AM
All Region

Mr. General is on a distinguished road
Guessing those numbers would be even worse against a Federal League schedule.
Old 10-25-17, 09:09 AM
Building Tradition

Eagle_62 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. General View Post
Guessing those numbers would be even worse against a Federal League schedule.

When Eric Howard was running over EVERYONE in the FED Louisville stopped him in his tracks, Paul would put Louisville in a position to play a rough schedule and be successful.

Here are Louisvilles options

A - Keep what you got ( I hear they are nice guys )
B - Get the search party together and roll the dice
C - Tell people to kiss your azz and get the guy back that would restore PRIDE in the Louisville football program.
Old 10-25-17, 09:40 AM
All District

BACisBack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
When Eric Howard was running over EVERYONE in the FED Louisville stopped him in his tracks, Paul would put Louisville in a position to play a rough schedule and be successful.

C - Tell people to kiss your azz and get the guy back that would restore PRIDE in the Louisville football program.
Does anyone know if Paul would even consider coming back? I find it odd he hasn't coached anywhere since. I wonder if he might have moved on, not sure how many years teaching he has left.

Even if he wanted to come back the powers at be would say no for sure.
Old 10-25-17, 10:19 AM
All Region

Quote:

I vote for B... And if B, we need to insure we have the right people on the committee, not a few TD club members who know nothing about football...
Old 10-25-17, 10:57 AM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Hide the women!
Old 10-25-17, 11:00 AM
All American

Well folks this is Louisville we're talking about...I wouldn't hold your breath on that one magical decision that we all look back on 10 years from now and praise. Again I go back to the AD position and with the problems that we currently face, and to hire a personal friend with no connections as a high school AD, and not even interview anyone else is troubling at best.

Here's another problem that is obvious to anyone who looks around at a home game. Butts in the seats...what happens when the money dries up? People get unhappy with something they support...the first thing they do is pull financial support. Ticket sales plummet, TD club and private donations dry up and people just quit supporting. Like I said in a different post...lots of behind the scenes crap goes on around here and some agendas aren't what's best for Louisville, their just a jab against someone or something.
Old 10-25-17, 11:39 AM
All Ohio

COACH_XYZ&12345 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
Hide the women!

I believe the man paid dearly for his mistakes. Public shaming I think has humbled him through the years. The man deserves a second chance. He is a phenominal high school coach, whether you liked or hated him, his tenure and success at Louisville is undeniable. His leadeship ability, discipline conviction, and swagger is what Louisville severely lacks. Make all the jokes and jeers you desire about the man, however most Louisville football faithful would accept PF back with open arms, plain and simple.
Old 10-25-17, 11:44 AM
All American

Zwick_4_Prez is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Phil Davison?
Old 10-25-17, 12:16 PM
All American

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
intersting......

how bout finish the season - let the dominos fall - but I think the larger problem looming is the super - ad connection

can they get something done, and will it appease the majority of the community?
That can be related to schedule, league, and expectations moving forward.

There is an active head coach as of this date. Let's not put the cart in front of the horse.

if there is change let's deal with it at the appropriate time.
Old 10-25-17, 05:24 PM
All District

Louisville Tiger is on a distinguished road
Should have never got rid of Mr. Farrah. He was coach of the decade in the 2000’s and his teams would compete with anyone in Stark County. He brought the best out in his players. Hearing coach “D” saying the reason they’re losing this year is because the numbers are down is crap.
There was always a certain buzz in the air on Friday nights then because you knew the Leps always had a chance to beat anyone!
So he screwed up a little....haven’t we all?
Shame to see one of the best football minds in the state not behind the helm.
I say let’s s start Farrah Friday and get the man back on the sidelines!
Old 10-25-17, 06:40 PM
All American

my2sense is on a distinguished road
As long as The Big Cheese is there, Farrah will not be back. Farrah's behavior not only embarrassed himself, his family and the district, it deeply offended the single biggest contributor to the new field.
Old 10-25-17, 07:09 PM
All American

Bummer, but true.
Old 10-25-17, 08:52 PM
All District

Lewis43D is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man 54 View Post
I vote for B... And if B, we need to insure we have the right people on the committee, not a few TD club members who know nothing about football...
Who was on the committee last time? I think it Coach Rad, maybe Coach Lewis, a school board member or two? I am not sure about the TD club members. Does anyone know?
Old 10-26-17, 07:04 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis43D View Post
Who was on the committee last time? I think it Coach Rad, maybe Coach Lewis, a school board member or two? I am not sure about the TD club members. Does anyone know?
Good question...all I remember (and my memory may be flawed), but it was uneventful. DeMarco didn't even originally want the job, he was more or less convinced to apply. Davis applied, Tucci from Malvern and maybe a couple others. So there wasn't a large pool of highly desirable candidates. Therefore the committee wasn't really pushed to make a tough decision. Tucci and DeMarco were clearly the cream at the top at that time IMO.

As another poster stated....we may be putting the cart before the horse. DeMarco is retiring from teaching for sure, not coaching is just a rumor as of now.
Old 10-26-17, 07:18 AM
All American

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
The last time the seat was open - the word was it would be a hire from within, and it was - this may have contributed to a small applicant pool - for years the staff has been in place and not many new coaches that didn't graduate from there were added. This seems to not be the case exclusively now as Checca came on board 2 or 3 years ago.

Lynus I agree. I think convo about somebody's job is a bad look - Coach D has done nothing but be a professional as an assistant and head coach. Now maybe you want a change ok that's fair. But at least let a couple things happen first.
Let the season finish as Canton South is tough - and the Leps need that win.
Let the new board get voted in and settled, this won't happen until January as they won't be seated until then.

I am certain with the events leading up to this that the election and new BOE coming aboard that there will be questions and thoughts on how things should go moving forward.

The stability of the program has been a strength for many years. I am hoping people are prepared for the level of competition that an independent schedule will bring. Doesn't matter if who you have as a coach, the years of the barely blemished records will be tough to replicate with the increase in competition.
Old 10-26-17, 07:23 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
As long as The Big Cheese is there, Farrah will not be back. Farrah's behavior not only embarrassed himself, his family and the district, it deeply offended the single biggest contributor to the new field.
Perhaps...but 7 years and everything that's gone on around here in and out of athletics would make me think that a smart man like that would surely evaluate any and every option on the table.