Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-02-17, 05:12 PM
Varsity

dumpster is on a distinguished road
Austintown Fitch vs Louisville Leopards

seems like both teams are in a rebuilding year so far. Being a falcon fan I'm concerned with our line play and our tackling I also believe we need to spread the ball out more number 12 number 25 and number 7 cannot be the only people touching the ball besides they have a lot of good skilled players it seems to be that way always. what do the leopards bring to the table I guess our questions will be answered next Friday night
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-17, 05:32 PM
All Ohio

simkon is on a distinguished road
Either Canfield is really good or Alliance and Louisville are really bad. I think Fitch should be able to beat Louisville based on what I saw in the Canfield game, they both might be having a down year.
Old 09-02-17, 08:33 PM
All Ohio

Andy27 is on a distinguished road
I'm thinking this is going to be a brutal game for the Leps.
Old 09-02-17, 08:54 PM
Freshman

bigjohna55 is on a distinguished road
I think Annarella is near the end. Time for a good younger coach at Fitch
Old 09-02-17, 09:07 PM
All World

BHSspartans13 is on a distinguished road
What are the lower levels looking like in Austintown? I mean Annarella hasn't had a losing season since his 1st (2007) so I think he has earned leeway if he wants to hang around. Has Austintown ever had a stretch that long without a sub-.500 season?
Old 09-03-17, 07:31 AM
All American

FootballQueen
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHSspartans13 View Post
I mean Annarella hasn't had a losing season since his 1st (2007) so I think he has earned leeway if he wants to hang around.
Exactly!
Old 09-03-17, 07:40 AM
All American

FootballQueen
It's just one of those season guys. Will there be some victories, of course. But there will also be some more defeats. I mentioned in the Fitch thread before the season started that this year was going to be more or less like last year. I'm thinking 5-5 or 4-6. Hopefully not. Maybe things will turn out differently. But I'm thinking probably not. So with that being said. Got to just hang in there and wait and see while supporting the kids. As always.....

GO Falcons!
Old 09-03-17, 07:39 PM
All American

falguin is on a distinguished road
Four wins will be tough. Hopefully we will beat Louisville. East will not be a pushover. Massillon seems to have too much for us to contain. McDowell is going to be tough. Mooney is up this year. Harding is in the same position as us, but it has more firepower than us. We should beat Lakeside. Boardman looks tough this year. We should be able to get three wins, but four looks doubtful at this time. The defense kept us in games last year and the year before. The D is not that good this year.
Old 09-04-17, 12:18 AM
Junior Varsity

bigbabycavalier is on a distinguished road
Ye have little faith in the Falcons. SMH.
Old 09-04-17, 12:38 PM
All American

FootballQueen
Quote:
Originally Posted by falguin View Post
Four wins will be tough. Hopefully we will beat Louisville. East will not be a pushover. Massillon seems to have too much for us to contain. McDowell is going to be tough. Mooney is up this year. Harding is in the same position as us, but it has more firepower than us. We should beat Lakeside. Boardman looks tough this year. We should be able to get three wins, but four looks doubtful at this time. The defense kept us in games last year and the year before. The D is not that good this year.
I don't know. I mean I get what you are saying, but then again. You know how kids can be. Plus there's always that ONE game where afterwards you come away from the stadium thinking...." Man where did that come from if only we played like that all year". Also rivalry games are a whole different story too. So guess we'll just have to wait and see and hopefully be pleasantly surprised. If at the end of the season we're 3-7 I won't be shocked. But would rather be (realistically) 4-6 or 5-5. So with that being said....

GO Falcons!
Old 09-04-17, 12:43 PM
All American

FootballQueen
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbabycavalier View Post
Ye have little faith in the Falcons. SMH.
You will find no greater fan of the Falcons than I. Just trying to be realistic is all. We'll see soon enough. And maybe be pleasantly surprised at the end of the season.
Old 09-04-17, 08:29 PM
All American

falguin is on a distinguished road
I am watching Georgia Tech run the wing-T. It brings back fond memories. I will still support the kids. I would just love to see an offense more suited to the kids that we have. We need an offense that has some deception and can keep the defense off the field. The d-line is really small and the pounding it gets is just going to wear them down.
Old 09-06-17, 08:50 AM
All American

Lynus24 is on a distinguished road
Falcon fans keep your heads up. Louisville will travel to Austintown this Friday and restore faith in the success of your season. We will allow your coaches to relax and just run their offense without really thinking about making any adjustments. If you want to run the ball we'll make sure to only keep 6 in the box. If you want to throw the ball we'll make sure to play 8 yards off with our DB's and have our eyes in the backfield if you prefer to throw the ball deep. You'll be able to settle into your base defense you worked on all week and we'll stay in the same formations you saw on film and last year, and the year before. We will not try to trick you with 2 backs, or 5 wide receivers, and we haven't run a trick play in years (I'm not sure we even have one). Just to prove to you that we're serious about all this we'll run the same 10 yd out to the wide side of the field that you've picked off for td's the last two seasons. We're continuing to work all the bugs out in the whole blocking and tackling thing and will surely treat this Friday as our 5th scrimmage of the year. Best of luck to all hoping for an injury free game on both sides.
Old 09-06-17, 08:58 AM
All American

I forgot....there is one thing we ask in return....if your coach gets interviewed buy anybody in the press (radio,tv,print). We ask that he mentions how well coached and disciplined our program is. He doesn't have to mean it, but we would appreciate it if he says it.
Old 09-06-17, 11:44 AM
All Ohio

COACH_XYZ&12345 is on a distinguished road
LYNUS have you lost your mind! LMAO
Old 09-06-17, 01:55 PM
All American

Seriously Falcon fans...were just glad your having us. We want to leave there giving you the impression that we're the harbin cow that you think we are. I promis our staff will use their indoor voices all night, and as a sign of unity they will all line up in a row with their arms crossed as soon as the game is in the bag. If one of our players shows too much emotion we will immediately place them in time out. We will extend the same courtesy to the officials...because we really appreciate them letting us hold the entire 2nd half last week and never calling it.
Old 09-06-17, 01:56 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH_XYZ&12345 View Post
LYNUS have you lost your mind! LMAO
Perhaps...it's all I got right now. It's obvious that to them our season starts next week.
Old 09-06-17, 02:53 PM
All American

FootballQueen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynus24 View Post
It's obvious that to them our season starts next week.
If "YOU" say so.
Old 09-06-17, 04:32 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballQueen View Post
If "YOU" say so.
"Them" meaning our coaches.....

Maybe I didn't make it obvious, I was sure trying tho.
Old 09-06-17, 04:46 PM
All American

FootballQueen
Quote:
"Them" meaning our coaches.....

Maybe I didn't make it obvious, I was sure trying tho.
I see. My apologizes then. Good luck Friday and safe travels if coming to the game.
Old 09-06-17, 06:34 PM
All American

hitme is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Falcon fans keep your heads up. Louisville will travel to Austintown this Friday and restore faith in the success of your season. We will allow your coaches to relax and just run their offense without really thinking about making any adjustments. If you want to run the ball we'll make sure to only keep 6 in the box. If you want to throw the ball we'll make sure to play 8 yards off with our DB's and have our eyes in the backfield if you prefer to throw the ball deep. You'll be able to settle into your base defense you worked on all week and we'll stay in the same formations you saw on film and last year, and the year before. We will not try to trick you with 2 backs, or 5 wide receivers, and we haven't run a trick play in years (I'm not sure we even have one). Just to prove to you that we're serious about all this we'll run the same 10 yd out to the wide side of the field that you've picked off for td's the last two seasons. We're continuing to work all the bugs out in the whole blocking and tackling thing and will surely treat this Friday as our 5th scrimmage of the year. Best of luck to all hoping for an injury free game on both sides.
Probably the most demeaning negative post I have ever seen about a football program. I don't like it, but sadly I can't dispute it. These coaches are either lazy or incompetent, and neither is acceptable. Men likeMorgan, Liillick, Starkey, Crislip and Farrah along with men before them and all their players built the tradition of Louisville football. What we are seeing today is not even close to how it was done. I feel bad for the current players not having been put in a position to win.
Old 09-06-17, 09:50 PM
All American

dig it is on a distinguished road
Wow!!! Some seriously unhappy Lep fans. Must be bad, I've never heard it this quiet from the Louisville faithful...until Lynus unloaded.
Old 09-06-17, 11:50 PM
All Ohio

One observation you can always count on with Lynus is his tendency not to sugarcoat the situation. He is typically spot on regardiing the football program and understands scheming and strategy aspects of football. He is a Louisville guy who scratches his head like the rest of us when the obvioius is obvious. It is what it is.
Old 09-07-17, 05:05 AM
All Ohio

chito is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I forgot....there is one thing we ask in return....if your coach gets interviewed buy anybody in the press (radio,tv,print). We ask that he mentions how well coached and disciplined our program is. He doesn't have to mean it, but we would appreciate it if he says it.
Instead of whining perhaps you should coach. You know....restore Louisville to it's glory days in the 60's 70's and 80's. It,s easy.
Old 09-07-17, 05:08 AM
All Yappi

Worm02 is on a distinguished road
Good luck Fitch!
Old 09-07-17, 05:44 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by chito View Post
Instead of whining perhaps you should coach. You know....restore Louisville to it's glory days in the 60's 70's and 80's. It,s easy.

Here I'll lead you in the right direction...

sar·casm

/ˈsärˌkazəm/

noun

noun: sarcasm; plural noun: sarcasms

the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.
"his voice, hardened by sarcasm, could not hide his resentment"

synonyms: derision, mockery, ridicule, scorn, sneering, scoffing
Old 09-07-17, 06:37 AM
All American

I woke the thread up tho....

Again...it's all I got. We get on here every week and and ask the "why's" about what we see on the field and its getting stale to ask the same questions and make the same comments. So I took my first amendment right to inject some humor into what you'll see this week. Like it...don't like it...it's all good, I've got strong shoulders and thick skin.

Fwiw I could probably answer some of the raging "why's" on here but that would really start a s#!t storm if I threw all that out in public.
Old 09-07-17, 08:03 AM
All American

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
First in the interest of fairness - the game has changed from when several of the above coaches were mentioned save one.

Lynus24 you have issues with the current staff. I am not agreeing nor am I opposing. Have these issues existed previously with this staff?
Is this just a down cycle in talent with an upcycle from the two teams you have played - hoover is greatly improved over last couple years not because of a coaching change but because their talent is improved. Canfield has a great combo of skill guys with a nice oline and they run their offense WELL - not a gimme game for Lville ever.

Fitch is kinda down - not a gimme but don't have the horses they normally do.

so with that said - do you feel the staff is not coaching hard? or letting players play with emotion? You stated or touched on many things - without questioning scheme and such I can say I have never been a fan of this 4-2-5 any team has ran. Personally I liked the odd man front Lville ran for years in the 90s. Not so say the 4-2-5 can't or won't work. its just a personal preference.

I don't think the Lville ship is lost, I think it's just not a strong year to match up vs the strong years your OOC schedule has right now. Your head coach has had very successful stints as an OC for two great programs in Lville and Lake. The gentlemen on your staff are Lville through and through. some times the grass isn't greener on the other side

now your concerns about the lack of emotion I cannot dispute. Personally - I hate the way they come out at pregame, but to complain about something like that is petty on my part.
Old 09-07-17, 08:42 AM
Varsity

Leopard4life is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post
now your concerns about the lack of emotion I cannot dispute. Personally - I hate the way they come out at pregame, but to complain about something like that is petty on my part.

Actually I think u may have stumbled onto the bigger issue. When you look back on the games we have lost over the last 5+ years, what has been the common thread? We very rarely run into a team that just flat out has better athletes then we do (Fitch last year), but rather we get beat by teams that push us around. Why? We haven't had a true strength and conditioning guy for long time. I know in the last contract the school included funding for that position, but I don't see much out of the hire. I watched Hoban come out for a scrimmage like it was the super bowl, and we warm up for Hoover like we are heading to a funeral. This game is played with emotion, yet we have none, no fire, no life and that starts from that position. I don't know they guy hired from Adam, but I would love to see what credentials he brought to the table. He may be certified, and I hope he is, but what past history in that position did he have? Who did he train? Just talking out loud I guess...
Old 09-07-17, 09:02 AM
All Region

old man 54 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post
First in the interest of fairness - the game has changed from when several of the above coaches were mentioned save one.

Lynus24 you have issues with the current staff. I am not agreeing nor am I opposing. Have these issues existed previously with this staff?
Is this just a down cycle in talent with an upcycle from the two teams you have played - hoover is greatly improved over last couple years not because of a coaching change but because their talent is improved. Canfield has a great combo of skill guys with a nice oline and they run their offense WELL - not a gimme game for Lville ever.

Fitch is kinda down - not a gimme but don't have the horses they normally do.

so with that said - do you feel the staff is not coaching hard? or letting players play with emotion? You stated or touched on many things - without questioning scheme and such I can say I have never been a fan of this 4-2-5 any team has ran. Personally I liked the odd man front Lville ran for years in the 90s. Not so say the 4-2-5 can't or won't work. its just a personal preference.

I don't think the Lville ship is lost, I think it's just not a strong year to match up vs the strong years your OOC schedule has right now. Your head coach has had very successful stints as an OC for two great programs in Lville and Lake. The gentlemen on your staff are Lville through and through. some times the grass isn't greener on the other side

I think the Coaching staff are all good guys and really care about the kids. However, other than NBC wins what have the really accomplished in the Demarco era? The lack of competition in the NBC and the blow out games I believe cause the coaches to become very complacent and to some degree the players do to.

Most of us are not just bringing up the same complaints now that they look bad this year. We have lost numerous playoff games over the last few years due to our inability to scheme and make adjustments when we had the athletes to win those games.

You only have to go back to the team 2 years ago.. Ask the Hoban fans, we were about the one of the few teams to give them a game over the last 2 years of their state championship runs. We went into the game with no adjustments,had them on the ropes for half the game and then when it counted, Hoban adjusted and we did not as they went to TE's, and decided to just run it to victory. That team just did not lay down and let them. They were clearly outschemed in the 4th qtr and could not stop them. I have spoken to several of the leaders on that team and they will tell you they begged the D coordinator to change the D during the game and were told NO.. May have cost us a state championship, we will never know now.

As to emotion, you can blame the coaching staff, however, I think Checca and Benson are pretty emotional people. Demarco is not and has never been very emotional. I have to put the "no emotion" blame on the boys. Nobody should have to get them fired up to play if its in their hearts to play hard. You look back the last few years and recall the great intensity and emotion our guys like Hahn, Ashcraft, Falcone, and Castles to name a few played with..where are those leaders this year?? Same staff, but no players stepping up to lead the charge.