Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-02-17, 08:13 AM
All American

Lynus24 is on a distinguished road
Not sure what happened with that. Nothing I've seen has Fitch on it but it would make sense to play one more then re-evaluate.
Old 11-02-17, 09:06 AM
All American

So what do you do with this team next season?
Defense was so bad at times, out of position, not fundamentally sound, players playing out of position...that IMO other than the D-line that is for the most part all returning...you wipe the slate clean and start all over.
Offense on the other hand could be really good. What do you do at QB? We got 2 really good ones. How many touches do you get Hartline? Replacing 4 o-lineman...freshmen class had a couple that looked good to me...we rarely give o-line positions to anyone other than seniors, does next year change that? We have the proven horses on offense to formation the crap out of other teams, do we take advantage or just do the same stale crap that has for the most part worked but could be way more electric. Starts with the running game and we have multiple options with Mathie, Hartline and Guiley all returning....for what it's worth Hartline is a RB that can play a really good slot....not a slot guy that can play RB.
Old 11-02-17, 09:19 AM
All Ohio

COACH_XYZ&12345 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tartan78 View Post
Spoke w/ NP and Dover Booster members (big money types) They asked me about Louisville FB program. Once they heard Louisville refuses to field JH FB teams for league play, they said the ECOL would likely make them field a JH team as a condition. That has been a issue w/ others from various schools. Louisville might need to reconsider this practice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In past discussions on the subject I openly kept an open mind seeing Louisville transition to playing junior high football in league. However the fact remains our Little Leopards program successfully provides a platform for kids to receive plenty of playing time, maintain sustainable nunbers, and allows coaches to evaluate a large sample size of talent abroad playing positions, particularly the skilled positions. As stated many times before four sets of RB, QB's, WR, etc... The tradition going back over a half of a century is highly coveted in Louisville. Louisville is not interested in the ECOL nor a desperate option to bend tradition for the sake of appeasing Dover, NP, or any other programs as a kicker to join a league IMHO. Other Leps posters fill free to chime in but I'm certain our LL program is a non-negotiable bargaining chip in joining a future league.
Old 11-02-17, 12:44 PM
All American

Stark Born & Bred is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH_XYZ&12345 View Post
In my opinion a great league although never happening would be the following teams:

Louisville, Lake, Green, Hoover, Massillon, Dover, NP, CC, and insert another for final 7th team. Why not? Very healthy mix of DII & DIII schools, and we all know DV CC is not afraid to play up.
I think the days of us being able to play that many big, quality programs in a short period of weeks are behind us. While Central does not mind playing up -- and I think would be open to a league with Louisville, Dover and Philly, adding Massillon, Lake, Green and Hoover to the mix would see Central decline joining that league.

Either way, and I know this is just fan talk, I see very few scenarios where Lake, Green and Hoover want to leave the FL.

Last edited by Stark Born & Bred; 11-02-17 at 12:59 PM.
Old 11-02-17, 12:50 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINFAN View Post
. . . . Lake (the Fed is out growing them) . . . .
Is it, though. I think that FL will face a time when its member schools are not as similarly situated as they are now or have been in the past. However, I think it will be Perry and Hoover who will be the ones left behind size-wise. Jackson, McKinley, GO and Green will be maintaining "bigness" or growing for the foreseeable future. I think Hoover and Perry will begin to contract, similar to Massillon. Lake, I feel, is better positioned to grow but, of course, that growth may never come to be.

Someone could easily get on here and start quoting ODE numbers and class sizes to prove me wrong but that is my gut on where things will go. Jackson, McKinley, GO and Green as big D1s. Perry and North Canton shrinking. Lake, who knows, but I do not think the FL has outgrown them.
Old 11-02-17, 12:52 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
Carrollton filled its week 7 out of league opening with Canton CC.
Any other EBC schools still open? You think any find there way to Central's schedule?
Old 11-02-17, 02:16 PM
All Ohio

COACH_XYZ&12345 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark Born & Bred View Post
I think the days of us being able to play that many big, quality programs in a short period of weeks are behind us. While Central does not mind playing up -- and I think would be open to a league with Louisville, Dover and Philly, adding Massillon, Lake, Green and Hoover to the mix would see Central decline joining that league.

Either way, and I know this is just fan talk, I see very few scenarios where Lake, Green and Hoover want to leave the FL.
I agree, but figured fun to visualize, since the majority of teams are relatively chose in enrollment, and in my opinion would make a fantastic league.
Old 11-02-17, 07:32 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Any other EBC schools still open? You think any find there way to Central's schedule?
Depends which schools and which weeks they have open. I think a fair number of them won't be interested unless they absolutely can't find anyone else to play. AFAIK, Central only has 1 opening still to be filled for 2018 (week 9).
Old 11-02-17, 09:12 PM
All Region

Lion 86 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBC 1988 View Post
Lion and Minfan- I have been to every freshmen game and they have a lot of work to do, but there are some excellent skill players. In fact, I looked out on the field during a couple key series last Friday and saw 3 or 4 freshmen on the field and they played pretty well.. I am telling you that there is an extremely talented dual threat QB in that class. For whatever strange reason he only saw limited time at the position throughout the year at the freshmen level. He played a lot in the last freshmen game and he made runs and throws that a lot of kids can't make at that level. If the coaches at Minerva stick with this kid and develop him - they will have a good one for the next 3 years. I talked to one of his family members and he is related to one of the best QBs to ever
play at West Branch back in the 70s - so there are some pretty good blood lines. The team will be young in 2018 but they can games next year. Maybe not 7 games but they need to shoot for at least 500. But they need to get the attitude and commitment that 86 has been talking about all year. I am cautiously optimistic about 2018
This is Minerva’s chance to move forward. I like the dual threat at QB and the triple option offense. If we start at the youth levels and work up we will succeed as a program. Little Lions program as an independent so to speak, play inter-league and schedule other teams until we grow the program. We played Louisville and Malvern when I played Little Lion football. Time to get reset as a program and create a winning culture again. I still reflect on the Dover-NP game when I seen the Tornadoes in that big inflatable helmet tunnel waiting to take the field while playing a rock tune, talk about being pumped up and exciting atmosphere plus both teams were just crazy pumped up all game, very good programs! Wish the Lions could get back to this. What happened? It’s called losing focus and no accountability!
Old 11-03-17, 08:37 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
Depends which schools and which weeks they have open. I think a fair number of them won't be interested unless they absolutely can't find anyone else to play. AFAIK, Central only has 1 opening still to be filled for 2018 (week 9).
No return game to Wooster?
Old 11-03-17, 08:38 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH_XYZ&12345 View Post
I agree, but figured fun to visualize, since the majority of teams are relatively chose in enrollment, and in my opinion would make a fantastic league.
Sure looks like a fun league. I agree with you.
Old 11-03-17, 01:39 PM
Junior Varsity

YTownPenguin06 is on a distinguished road
ewwww no one really cares...Go Quakers
Old 11-03-17, 05:06 PM
All American

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
right go quakers!!!

maybe go schedule some more D6 schools maybe get a D5 to enter the league so you have a better chance to pad your record.

go snap another PAT over your holders head on purpose to stop a running clock.

How bout go down to the river and take you beating.
Old 11-03-17, 07:13 PM
All American

hitme is on a distinguished road
Too bad you can't comment on a Salem thread. Careful RJ, Reno will retaliate.
Old 11-03-17, 07:32 PM
All District

MINFAN is on a distinguished road
2018 Louisville Leopards

Big Red 28 - Salem 0 in 2nd quarter..Salem a below Average team in a conference thatís down, Alliance is good but being one dimensional and running a kid left and right every down doesnít work against good team- I hope they pull to out but down 24-7 at the half doesnít look good

Old 11-03-17, 08:05 PM
All District

MINFAN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by YTownPenguin06 View Post
ewwww no one really cares...Go Quakers

Halftime - Steubenville 42 - Salem 0

Old 11-13-17, 01:56 PM
All American

Congratulations to Max Hartline for receiving first team honors NE Inland District, Bryce Zuppe for second team and Zack Thacher, Kory Arner, and Dillon Rebuck for honorable mention.

Nice job guys
Old 11-13-17, 07:01 PM
All Ohio

chito is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Jackson, McKinley, GO and Green as big D1s. Perry and North Canton shrinking. Lake, who knows, but I do not think the FL has outgrown them.
So you see Green going from a mid sized D2, which they are today, to a big D1?
Old 11-14-17, 12:23 AM
All Ohio

Stack Attack is on a distinguished road
Is Demarco going to be out? Been hearing this ever since the season ended
Old 11-14-17, 08:22 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynus24 View Post
Congratulations to Max Hartline for receiving first team honors NE Inland District, Bryce Zuppe for second team and Zack Thacher, Kory Arner, and Dillon Rebuck for honorable mention.

Nice job guys
Congratulations Leopards!
Old 11-14-17, 08:42 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stack Attack View Post
Is Demarco going to be out? Been hearing this ever since the season ended
Don't know yet. Rumors are all over the place, but most lead towards him retiring from coaching as well as teaching. For the sake of the team I hope something is made public sooner rather than later. Uncertainty isn't what we need.
Old 11-14-17, 09:40 AM
All American

I think for the team to be competitive as an independent, John needs to go along with the DC. The inability/refusal to make changes has already shown we have trouble competing outside the NBC.
Old 11-14-17, 09:47 AM
All American

Right...something has to change.
Old 11-14-17, 10:07 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by chito View Post
So you see Green going from a mid sized D2, which they are today, to a big D1?
I have not studied the ODE number so perhaps I am way off base here and Green growing into a D1 is not likely. However, I look at Green as a growing district that still has lots of land to develop. As Stark County pushes north (North Canton and Jackson are just about built-out save a few hold out farms) and Summit County pushes south, I would think that Green could be positioned well for future growth.

As I said, I think Perry and Hoover will be left behind size-wise. Jackson, McKinley, GO and Green either are big and I think will remain big (McK, GO and Jakcson) or appear to be primed for growth (Green and I would throw Lake in that group).

I could be wrong but that is how I see it.
Old 01-09-18, 12:24 PM
All American

New school board is in place, OCC talks of expansion, still have 3 open dates on our independent schedule, and football season is 7 months away.

How many sort of true and kinda false rumors can we start?
Old 01-09-18, 02:11 PM
All American

Have yet to hear anything. Hope that doesn't mean we are sticking with the status quo.
Old 01-10-18, 01:22 PM
All Region

old man 54 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitme View Post
Have yet to hear anything. Hope that doesn't mean we are sticking with the status quo.
I hear from a semi reliable source that the school board is meeting tonite to vote demarco out since he will not bow out gracefully on his own. This was positive news.

However, I also heard the WR coach Saunders is a leading candidate to replace him. Why is the HELL we would hire internally and expect change in the culture that is greatly needed is far beyond what I can comprehend. If this happens, nothing will change.. We need to bring in an outsider.

We have great facilities, a very healthy TD club budget that most schools would envy, so if we are willing to truly consider outside hires, we will get great coaches.

Anyone have thought or confirmation on this?
Old 01-10-18, 03:00 PM
Varsity

Leopard4life is on a distinguished road
The problem you are going to have is we are already looking at cutting teachers because of the budget so bringing in any outside coach is almost impossible unless he is willing to teach at another school and coach here. This is pretty much standard at "small" to midsize schools. Outside of the big D1 powers who create jobs to get coaches. So you are faced with a few options, stay with what u got, or what you have on staff, or take a chance and open it up and see if you get a old successful retired coach. Question is after all the issues the last year between the board and teachers and community, how will people receive a change.
Old 01-10-18, 05:39 PM
All American

Have not heard this but have been told Saunders has a different mentality than John. May actualy bring hitting back as part of practice. I think I could live with him as long as he replaces the DC.
Old 01-10-18, 05:53 PM
All American

Bluestreakoffice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man 54 View Post
I hear from a semi reliable source that the school board is meeting tonite to vote demarco out since he will not bow out gracefully on his own. This was positive news.

However, I also heard the WR coach Saunders is a leading candidate to replace him. Why is the HELL we would hire internally and expect change in the culture that is greatly needed is far beyond what I can comprehend. If this happens, nothing will change.. We need to bring in an outsider.

We have great facilities, a very healthy TD club budget that most schools would envy, so if we are willing to truly consider outside hires, we will get great coaches.

Anyone have thought or confirmation on this?
I am not hearing this.