Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-26-17, 09:45 AM
Building Tradition

Eagle_62 is on a distinguished road
I might owe the current coach an apology suggesting a replacement before one is needed but I kinda assumed he was leaving one way or another. I don't know any true Louisville fans that have been happy with the program for several years. It's time to forgive and forget , if people can't do that then maybe they're not the Christians they think they are.
Old 10-26-17, 10:40 AM
All American

dig it is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle_62 View Post
I might owe the current coach an apology suggesting a replacement before one is needed but I kinda assumed he was leaving one way or another. I don't know any true Louisville fans that have been happy with the program for several years. It's time to forgive and forget , if people can't do that then maybe they're not the Christians they think they are.
Not sure how to take the Christian statement. Do you mean all people in Louisville are Christians? Do you mean you have to be a Christian in order to forgive? Do you mean once you do forgive that you have to forget? What exactly do you mean?

My personal opinion is it might be time for some new blood. Who knows, maybe DeMarco would stay around to run the offense. But re-hiring Farrah would be tough with his past actions, especially in a town where everybody knows everybody. I believe people can forgive him...maybe...but forgetting about his past is not going to happen. The respect he had earned before is tainted and putting him in a position to lead impressionable young men would be a mistake that would haunt the program somewhere down the road. We all make choices in life and some of those choices can affect the rest of our lives...he made one of those choices.
Old 10-26-17, 12:12 PM
Varsity

Leopard4life is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dig it View Post
The respect he had earned before is tainted and putting him in a position to lead impressionable young men would be a mistake that would haunt the program somewhere down the road. We all make choices in life and some of those choices can affect the rest of our lives...he made one of those choices.

I never understood how people could accept him being asked to leave as a coach, yet remain a teacher in the system? Don't they go hand in hand? So is it ok for him to teach impressionable 4th and 5th graders everyday, but not 17 and 18 year old young men? Never made any sense to me, but I never thought he should have been asked to step down in the first place. Show me one person who hasn't made a mistake in their life in this town. Of course given recent events I am guessing the admin picked the lesser of the two battles in Athletics, because trying to remove a teacher takes an act of congress with their union.
Old 10-26-17, 12:40 PM
Varsity

Leopard4life is on a distinguished road
Also keep in mind that with a win the Leopards will finish 5-5. Last 5-5 season from this staff was followed with a 10-0 season the next year. Before that Paul was 5-5 in 06 and followed that up with a State Runner up finish in 07. The world doesn't end Saturday morning at 4-6 or 5-5. Also should be stated that part of the reason JD was hired 7 years ago is that most schools don't hire coaches and create teaching positions for them. Given some of the recent decisions made by this administration regarding the athletic department they are not going to do that. So now look at the current staff and pick who is next to lead the team because that is what you are going to get.
Old 10-26-17, 12:57 PM
All Ohio

COACH_XYZ&12345 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopard4life View Post
Also keep in mind that with a win the Leopards will finish 5-5. Last 5-5 season from this staff was followed with a 10-0 season the next year. Before that Paul was 5-5 in 06 and followed that up with a State Runner up finish in 07. The world doesn't end Saturday morning at 4-6 or 5-5. Also should be stated that part of the reason JD was hired 7 years ago is that most schools don't hire coaches and create teaching positions for them. Given some of the recent decisions made by this administration regarding the athletic department they are not going to do that. So now look at the current staff and pick who is next to lead the team because that is what you are going to get.

Sorry but those successful follow up years after dismissal seasons is not the same level of regular season competition our team will face next year. Sorry but I guarantee the 2018 Leopards are not going 10-0 during the regular season. A 9-1, 8-2, or even 7-3 will be a pipe dream.
Old 10-26-17, 12:58 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle_62 View Post
You meant to say "Catholics".
Old 10-26-17, 01:00 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynus24 View Post
Perhaps...but 7 years and everything that's gone on around here in and out of athletics would make me think that a smart man like that would surely evaluate any and every option on the table.
Stubborness, pride, equipped with ego can make a man oblivious to the obvious.
Old 10-26-17, 01:10 PM
Building Tradition

Eagle_62 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dig it View Post
Not sure how to take the Christian statement. Do you mean all people in Louisville are Christians? Do you mean you have to be a Christian in order to forgive? Do you mean once you do forgive that you have to forget? What exactly do you mean?

My personal opinion is it might be time for some new blood. Who knows, maybe DeMarco would stay around to run the offense. But re-hiring Farrah would be tough with his past actions, especially in a town where everybody knows everybody. I believe people can forgive him...maybe...but forgetting about his past is not going to happen. The respect he had earned before is tainted and putting him in a position to lead impressionable young men would be a mistake that would haunt the program somewhere down the road. We all make choices in life and some of those choices can affect the rest of our lives...he made one of those choices.
I'm talking about decision makers that can't forgive and move on.Simple as that
Old 10-26-17, 01:52 PM
All Region

old man 54 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynus24 View Post
Good question...all I remember (and my memory may be flawed), but it was uneventful. DeMarco didn't even originally want the job, he was more or less convinced to apply. Davis applied, Tucci from Malvern and maybe a couple others. So there wasn't a large pool of highly desirable candidates. Therefore the committee wasn't really pushed to make a tough decision. Tucci and DeMarco were clearly the cream at the top at that time IMO.

As another poster stated....we may be putting the cart before the horse. DeMarco is retiring from teaching for sure, not coaching is just a rumor as of now.
From what I understand, nobody applied because the committee made it very clear from the beginning that they were hiring from within. Therefore, no head coach was going to go thru the risk of applying for the job when that was not the direction we were going to go.

If the job becomes open and we truly do "open it up to the outside applicants" I believe it would be very attractive to many.
Old 10-26-17, 02:09 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post
The last time the seat was open - the word was it would be a hire from within, and it was - this may have contributed to a small applicant pool - for years the staff has been in place and not many new coaches that didn't graduate from there were added. This seems to not be the case exclusively now as Checca came on board 2 or 3 years ago.

Lynus I agree. I think convo about somebody's job is a bad look - Coach D has done nothing but be a professional as an assistant and head coach. Now maybe you want a change ok that's fair. But at least let a couple things happen first.
Let the season finish as Canton South is tough - and the Leps need that win.
Let the new board get voted in and settled, this won't happen until January as they won't be seated until then.

I am certain with the events leading up to this that the election and new BOE coming aboard that there will be questions and thoughts on how things should go moving forward.

The stability of the program has been a strength for many years. I am hoping people are prepared for the level of competition that an independent schedule will bring. Doesn't matter if who you have as a coach, the years of the barely blemished records will be tough to replicate with the increase in competition.
From what heard it was the former AD Twimen who brought Checca in as they were friends. Not sure everyone on the staff was in agreement with the move but at least the man seems to have some emotion on the sidelines and tries to coach the guys up.

No one will debate that Demarco is a good man and a professional. However he is not a leader of men or in the community. Ask the former players, good guy, but not the emotional leader of the team or in the community.

I agree that the consistent 8-10 win seasons may be coming to an end for the next few years until we find a better fit than independent. However, we need a leader at the top who is willing to step up with the right "can do" attitude and lead this talent we have coming up in the ranks. I look at how many of the successful coaches around the area including Lindensmith at Central, Rearden at McKinley, Wakefield at Perry, etc....they all have commented on how playing better competition prepares their teams most years and how this has contributed to the success of their programs. In reality, Demarco does not want to play this level of competition. Hoover is about as high as he wants to go. You look at small schools like Marion Local, , Minster and Coldwater...They all play in the same league but are great programs and have state championships to prove what playing a tougher schedule can do for the program long term.

As has been stated before, this staff has not won a single game where they were the underdogs in his tenure as head coach (with the exception MAYBE of Marlington this year).

Some will say its a down year.. so that's why the call for his job is out there. In reality, it has been on going for many years..We had some really good teams but little success past round 1 of the playoffs.
Old 10-26-17, 02:44 PM
All American

dig it is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I never understood how people could accept him being asked to leave as a coach, yet remain a teacher in the system? Don't they go hand in hand? So is it ok for him to teach impressionable 4th and 5th graders everyday, but not 17 and 18 year old young men? Never made any sense to me, but I never thought he should have been asked to step down in the first place. Show me one person who hasn't made a mistake in their life in this town. Of course given recent events I am guessing the admin picked the lesser of the two battles in Athletics, because trying to remove a teacher takes an act of congress with their union.
All good points.
Old 10-26-17, 03:10 PM
All District

Lewis43D is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The citizens wanted to keep him, this was something everyone already knew about. Wasn't even the first time, it was not a big secret. I think they cant fire a teacher for doing something like that, but they can non renew a coach. I am not sure why the football coach lost his job with another coach doing the same thing got to keep his. My guess is because the husband made such a big stink about it the school felt they had to fire Farrah. I think most school's administrators only react if forced to. They are weak and flow much like the path of water and take the path of least resistance. How does Reno still have a job at big red and Farrah got fired?
Old 10-30-17, 01:13 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis43D View Post
The citizens wanted to keep him, this was something everyone already knew about. Wasn't even the first time, it was not a big secret. I think they cant fire a teacher for doing something like that, but they can non renew a coach. I am not sure why the football coach lost his job with another coach doing the same thing got to keep his. My guess is because the husband made such a big stink about it the school felt they had to fire Farrah. I think most school's administrators only react if forced to. They are weak and flow much like the path of water and take the path of least resistance. How does Reno still have a job at big red and Farrah got fired?
I really think Farrah coming back is something that will not happen in my lifetime..Great point on Reno,,however he runs the show in Big Red town while in Leopard Nation town is being run by several key community members not the football coach. I say we bring someone in from the outside with no ties or affiliations to Louisville !!