Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-07-17, 05:06 PM
All World

LeopardNation is on a distinguished road
Louisville Leopards (3-4, 3-1) at West Branch Warriors (3-4, 2-2)

Another great rivalry will come to an end next Friday in Beloit. Thoughts? I know West Branch played Alliance to the wire and South tough as well.

Colton Jones threw for an unconfirmed school record 404 passing yards last week for Louisville. Although we are battling the injury bug, I think there should be a lot of offense again Friday!

Freshman: Louisville 38, West Branch 30

West Branch Warriors at Louisville Leopards Freshman Football Video Highlights and Recap

All-Time Series

Louisville Leopards Vs. West Branch Warriors All-Time Football Series

Past Video Highlights - Varsity

1971 Louisville Leopards at West Branch Warriors Football Highlights & Recap

1992 West Branch Warriors at Louisville Leopards Football Highlights & Recap

1993 Louisville Leopards at West Branch Warriors Football Highlights & Recap

1994 West Branch Warriors at Louisville Leopards Football Highlights & Recap

1996 West Branch Warriors at Louisville Leopards Football Highlights & Recap

1999 Louisville Leopards at West Branch Warriors Football Highlights & Recap

2001 Louisville Leopards at West Branch Warriors Football Highlights & Recap

2002 West Branch Warriors at Louisville Leopards Football Highlights & Recap

2006 West Branch Warriors at Louisville Leopards Football Highlights & Recap

2010 West Branch Warriors at Louisville Leopards Football Highlights & Recap

2011 Louisville Leopards at West Branch Warriors Football Highlights, Pictures, & Recap

2012 West Branch Warriors at Louisville Leopards Football Highlights, Pictures, & Recap

2013 Louisville Leopards at West Branch Warriors Football Highlights & Recap

2014 West Branch Warriors at Louisville Leopards Football Highlights & Recap

2015 Louisville Leopards at West Branch Warriors Video Highlights & Recap

2016 West Branch Warriors at Louisville Leopards Video Highlights & Recap

Past Video Highlights - JV

2015 West Branch Warriors at Louisville Leopards Video Highlights & Recap

Past Video Highlights - Freshman

2013 West Branch Warriors at Louisville Leopards Video Highlights & Recap

2014 Louisville Leopards at West Branch Warriors Video Highlights & Recap

2015 West Branch Warriors at Louisville Leopards Video Highlights & Recap

2016 Louisville Leopards at West Branch Warriors Video Highlights & Recap

Last edited by LeopardNation; 10-13-17 at 01:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-17, 05:33 PM
All Ohio

Scipio is on a distinguished road
Who is coaching WB now?
Old 10-08-17, 05:28 AM
All District

warrior333 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scipio View Post
Who is coaching WB now?
DJ Dota
Old 10-08-17, 01:00 PM
All District

MINFAN is on a distinguished road
After watching both teams I think this will be a toss up, wb has a really good qb but Louisville's is coming along too. If I had to pick a team i would pick the leopards because they have better team speed. This should be a fun game to watch. Lots of really good battles over the years, too bad it's the last one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-10-17, 09:26 AM
Varsity

Leopard4life is on a distinguished road
Amazing how quite the chatter has been around the Leopards all year. Another round of injuries following last weeks game certainly hurt an already weak team. This week could be loss 5 given our history of poor performances on grass, and I am sure WB will have that grass nice and thick to slow down the Leopards. Each week seems to bring more questions then answers for the Leopards IMO.

Last edited by Leopard4life; 10-10-17 at 03:35 PM.
Old 10-10-17, 01:11 PM
Varsity

NBC 1988 is on a distinguished road
According to Louisville fans it sounds like a terrible time for the NBC to disband given Louisville's troubles. With that said - I see Louisville winning this one by 2 TDs and winning out (sorry Canton South fans- still rooting for you) finishing the NBC at 6-1.
Old 10-10-17, 03:42 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBC 1988 View Post
According to Louisville fans it sounds like a terrible time for the NBC to disband given Louisville's troubles
It was a terrible time regardless. Truth is only Minerva has any real complaint regarding enrollment. Alliance and Marlington will pass Louisville in size in a year or two, South is on the rebound, Carrollton is steady... We have been down this road time and time again. Again my thought was always that AD should have come together and said Louisville needs to leave the league in football, but if you want to play you still could. Leave every other sport and middle school league alone, but sounds like that was never even offered up.
Old 10-10-17, 09:19 PM
All American

dig it is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopard4life View Post
It was a terrible time regardless. Truth is only Minerva has any real complaint regarding enrollment. Alliance and Marlington will pass Louisville in size in a year or two, South is on the rebound, Carrollton is steady... We have been down this road time and time again. Again my thought was always that AD should have come together and said Louisville needs to leave the league in football, but if you want to play you still could. Leave every other sport and middle school league alone, but sounds like that was never even offered up.
If we've been down this road before, why do you keep bringing it up. Louisville has had time to deal with the situation, but only seems to want to blame the past instead of dealing with reality and set a course for the future. Time is running out and it seems like they are stuck in neutral.

Did they get the rug pulled out from under them? Probably. But Louisville had explored the possibility of moving on well before this all started, claiming the league was not preparing them for the playoffs. You can't always get every thing want, so take what life gives you and move on. Next year is coming and if you think injuries are affecting your depth this year, just wait, you'll get a good look at things thru our eyes when you have to play teams that have as much depth if not more than the you.....week, after week, after week, after week. Good luck, but just like the rest of the league has been told for years now, maybe you better just get better.
Old 10-11-17, 08:20 AM
All District

Lion40 is on a distinguished road
I think this will be a closer game, I think with the grass field I give the edge to west branch. 28-21
Old 10-11-17, 09:20 AM
All District

Lewis43D is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dig it View Post
If we've been down this road before, why do you keep bringing it up. Louisville has had time to deal with the situation, but only seems to want to blame the past instead of dealing with reality and set a course for the future. Time is running out and it seems like they are stuck in neutral.

Did they get the rug pulled out from under them? Probably. But Louisville had explored the possibility of moving on well before this all started, claiming the league was not preparing them for the playoffs. You can't always get every thing want, so take what life gives you and move on. Next year is coming and if you think injuries are affecting your depth this year, just wait, you'll get a good look at things thru our eyes when you have to play teams that have as much depth if not more than the you.....week, after week, after week, after week. Good luck, but just like the rest of the league has been told for years now, maybe you better just get better.
Personally I am happy we are getting out of the NBC. On average the games over the last few years have been very lopsided and boring. Every now and again we get a good game, but most of the times it is only one per year. The league had potential to be a good D3 & D4 league. Salem, West Branch and South appear to be all rebounding, Alliance and Marlington are improving as well. Minerva is Carrollton are just falling down the ladder further and further. Carrollton hasn't been in the playoffs and how many years now. Louisville leaving will not improve their football program. Same with the Lions, they are on pace to lose 30 games straight. Louisville leaving cant help a program that is that bad.

Alliance & Marlington would benefit as would Louisville from tougher competition.

DigiT you cant wait to see Louisville struggle can you?
Old 10-11-17, 09:58 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis43D View Post
Personally I am happy we are getting out of the NBC. On average the games over the last few years have been very lopsided and boring. Every now and again we get a good game, but most of the times it is only one per year. The league had potential to be a good D3 & D4 league. Salem, West Branch and South appear to be all rebounding, Alliance and Marlington are improving as well. Minerva is Carrollton are just falling down the ladder further and further. Carrollton hasn't been in the playoffs and how many years now. Louisville leaving will not improve their football program. Same with the Lions, they are on pace to lose 30 games straight. Louisville leaving cant help a program that is that bad.

Alliance & Marlington would benefit as would Louisville from tougher competition.

DigiT you cant wait to see Louisville struggle can you?

I'm sure it may seem that way in many of my posts. I have always respected Louisville athletics...how can anyone argue with their success. I've stated many times I have no problem with them in the league...I enjoy beating them in any sport. But I am so tired of being told "just get better". It's not that easy, so if Louisville has to experience the same "struggle" the rest of us do, then no, I won't lose any sleep over it. If you prove me wrong and have the same amount of success in the future playing a tougher schedule as you have had playing in the NBC, I will be first in line to congratulate you.
Old 10-11-17, 10:34 AM
All American

hitme is on a distinguished road
One of the first steps to a successful program is community support. Were you one of the 50 people from C-town that showed up last Friday, digit? I'm sure with the demographics there are other things that need attended too, but there wasn't even a student section.
Old 10-11-17, 11:23 AM
Junior Varsity

LepsBacker is on a distinguished road
Big test for Leps DBs this week. This might be the best throwing QB we see all year (no offense NC). If we can get some of the stops on 3rd and long (that we weren't able to get earlier in the season) then i like our chances. Having said that, our O-line must protect our QB. From last week, you can see how he can throw the ball when he has time! Would be nice to have a running game too, to keep their LBs honest.
Main hope is that both teams stay healthy!
Old 10-11-17, 11:48 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitme View Post
One of the first steps to a successful program is community support. Were you one of the 50 people from C-town that showed up last Friday, digit? I'm sure with the demographics there are other things that need attended too, but there wasn't even a student section.
I was not there, but thanks to LN I felt like I was. I have done more than my share when it comes to supporting Carrollton athletics. My time has passed as a player, coach, builder, organizer and parent so no, I don't make it to every event anymore. Won't be long until it's my grandsons turn. The demographics you speak of are my life, and yes farming takes a hit on our sports teams. But anyone who thinks sports are more important than farming have their priorities screwed up. Farming and sports can and do co-exist, but many times living so far from town keeps our #s low and can keep fans from games. I'm okay with taking a few less wins in trade for our lifestyle.

We've accepted the fact that we may lose as much as we win. And we know the stadium won't always be packed....the question is can Louisville? All I hear so far is people blaming staff and administration for the Leps problems....maybe they are the only problems....maybe not. Nobody from Carrollton is blaming Coach Mauro or his staff. Hell, we've only won one game, but I think he's done a great job....I'm a realist so as long as we are playing hard and doing what we can, I'm happy.
Old 10-11-17, 02:37 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Attendance has been declining for several years for most schools- Family of 5 costs $35 to get in to a football game, then get a piece a pizza for the grandkids, something to drink, etc. next thing you know you dropped $50 to $60 at a high school football game ($500 to $600 per season for that family). Then you go to a freshmen and/or middle school game for $5/ticket, catch a soccer game for $7/ticket, and the volleyball game, especially when you have a family member in every sport except varsity football. Watching high school sports becomes a pretty expensive hobby!
I think the OHSAA needs to reevaluate the price of a ticket, at least for the students at the gate.
Old 10-11-17, 06:21 PM
All American

Maybe the ebc can reduce ticket prices to $2.00. You think that will increase attendance?
Old 10-12-17, 07:41 AM
All American

Lynus24 is on a distinguished road
It'll be like x-mas morning for Louisville fans. Show up Friday and see who's available. Don't know and haven't asked, but if 26 isn't available for defense it will most likely be a track meet on offense for both teams. He's our best pass rusher left and if you let Deshields sit back and throw, he is more than capable.

Good news is the offense doesn't seem to miss a beat....we should be good for 35 if I didn't just jinx us. Colton Jones might be the best surveyor of the field we've had especially when you consider he's a sophomore. You get open, he finds you. Nathan Guiley, another sophomore, is also showing he can get to the next level. Getting through the los has been the problem for us the last 2 seasons, and this kid seems to find a way to navigate through the crowd. He's still a little green but I love that there not just throwing 5 back there full time and sitting the sophomore. More than enough reps available to get as many kids out there as possible. O/U could be 80 and you might see 1000 yards of offense tomorrow even on the grass field.
Old 10-12-17, 09:04 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Maybe the ebc can reduce ticket prices to $2.00. You think that will increase attendance?
No HiTime - I don't think they should reduce ticket cost to $2. However, I do think they should sell student tickets at the gate and any kid involved with the program should (middle school players) get it free or pay $2 or so. I am ok with adult ticket at $7...

Your sarcasm really isn't needed. I am giving folks a perspective. I have family members that play volleyball at Louisville, Soccer in Minerva and like to go to high school football games. I am so fortunate that I have the resources and I can attend those events and middle school and freshmen games during the week. However, I can completely understand how a young family may not make the trip to mighty Louisville and drop $50 at a football game. I really noticed that the stands were not overflowing with Canton South, Louisville or Marlington fans.. So the attendance issue is pretty wide spread. In my opinion I think the cost of student tickets need to be looked at by the school administrators and the $7 adult charge by the OHSAA.
Old 10-12-17, 09:08 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynus24 View Post
It'll be like x-mas morning for Louisville fans. Show up Friday and see who's available. Don't know and haven't asked, but if 26 isn't available for defense it will most likely be a track meet on offense for both teams. He's our best pass rusher left and if you let Deshields sit back and throw, he is more than capable.

Good news is the offense doesn't seem to miss a beat....we should be good for 35 if I didn't just jinx us. Colton Jones might be the best surveyor of the field we've had especially when you consider he's a sophomore. You get open, he finds you. Nathan Guiley, another sophomore, is also showing he can get to the next level. Getting through the los has been the problem for us the last 2 seasons, and this kid seems to find a way to navigate through the crowd. He's still a little green but I love that there not just throwing 5 back there full time and sitting the sophomore. More than enough reps available to get as many kids out there as possible. O/U could be 80 and you might see 1000 yards of offense tomorrow even on the grass field.
This should be an exciting game, especially since it's the last one . I like Louisville to pull away late and win by 2 TDS
Old 10-12-17, 11:55 AM
All District

Lewis43D is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dig it View Post
I'm sure it may seem that way in many of my posts. I have always respected Louisville athletics...how can anyone argue with their success. I've stated many times I have no problem with them in the league...I enjoy beating them in any sport. But I am so tired of being told "just get better". It's not that easy, so if Louisville has to experience the same "struggle" the rest of us do, then no, I won't lose any sleep over it. If you prove me wrong and have the same amount of success in the future playing a tougher schedule as you have had playing in the NBC, I will be first in line to congratulate you.
I am waiting to see if Louisville being gone improves the bottom teams in the NBC. Does that one game being off the schedule mean Carrolton is now a playoff team and making it to the second round every now again?

Will the lions 0-30 streak end next year because Louisville is no longer on the schedule?

Will Salem rise up and beat Big Red in the second round of the playoffs?

The truth is this will not help any of those things happen. Carrolton needs to get better to compete within their division, as does Minerva.

Louisville is an average team, in a below average league.
Old 10-12-17, 01:21 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis43D View Post
I am waiting to see if Louisville being gone improves the bottom teams in the NBC. Does that one game being off the schedule mean Carrolton is now a playoff team and making it to the second round every now again?

Will the lions 0-30 streak end next year because Louisville is no longer on the schedule?

Will Salem rise up and beat Big Red in the second round of the playoffs?

The truth is this will not help any of those things happen. Carrolton needs to get better to compete within their division, as does Minerva.

Louisville is an average team, in a below average league.

And there it is....again...."get better".

You are in denial about the reality of the situation. This is not about the bottom teams in the league. We accept the fact the we live in mediocrity. That is a fact that will not change. We can only hope to beat Louisville 2, maybe 3 times every 10 years, if we're lucky, and that's if we have decent #s. That has not changed, is not changing, nor will change in the future. Somehow you think we should give you a game every year and if we don't..."get better".

If victory was determined by over achieving, then I think we would beat Louisville on a regular basis. But the win is only based on points, so in most years we can not beat the Leps. The only people who don't seem to get this are from Louisville.

You're right, Louisville leaving will not make us or any other team better. We know that. I wouldn't expect Carrollton to make the playoffs next year whether we played almighty Louisville or not. My son's senior year we shut out Louisville and still didn't make the playoffs. Injuries set in and our lack of depth became a factor once again. Point is, in reality, Louisville has no bearing on our playoff probabilities one way or the other.

Finally, the NBC was not going to last in its status quo. Either Louisville had to go or some of the smaller teams had to go. It could have easily been the smaller teams, but it wasn't. The reality is Louisville no longer is in. How this works out, I don't have a clue. The real loser could very easily be the EBC. But something inevitably had to happen, and it did.

From here on out, I guess the best thing for me to do is worry about Carrollton. But I'm not worried. We've always had long road trips(which seem to be a problem in Louisville). We are used to being heavy under dogs most weeks(also seems to be an issue in Louisville). I tend to worry about things that really affect my life, like drought and disease. I've made my point a thousand times. I don't envy Louisville's situation, but only because we live it. In all honesty though, Good Luck in the future, and I truly mean that.

Last edited by dig it; 10-12-17 at 03:43 PM.
Old 10-12-17, 01:50 PM
All District

warrior333 is on a distinguished road
Actually been looking forward to seeing the Freshman match up this evening . Should be a good game .
Old 10-12-17, 02:28 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior333 View Post
Actually been looking forward to seeing the Freshman match up this evening . Should be a good game .
I don't think this game will be very close. I think WB will win by 14-21 pts. Louisville has been without its top 2-3 offensive players for last couple weeks and they don't look like the same team i saw earlier this year. I saw WB freshman play earlier this year and they have a TB that nobody on the Leopards will catch if he gets to second level. Given the lack of tackling throughout our entire program I see a big day for that kid today.
Old 10-13-17, 01:34 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopard4life View Post
I don't think this game will be very close. I think WB will win by 14-21 pts. Louisville has been without its top 2-3 offensive players for last couple weeks and they don't look like the same team i saw earlier this year. I saw WB freshman play earlier this year and they have a TB that nobody on the Leopards will catch if he gets to second level. Given the lack of tackling throughout our entire program I see a big day for that kid today.
Is the freshman tailback you speak of in these highlights?

Freshman: Louisville 38, West Branch 30

West Branch Warriors at Louisville Leopards Freshman Football Video Highlights and Recap
Old 10-13-17, 04:31 PM
All World

If you can't make it to the game tonight, live updates will come through on this page:

Louisville Leopards at West Branch Warriors Football 2017 Live Updates
Old 10-13-17, 09:36 PM
All World

Louisville 38, West Branch 21

Louisville Leopards at West Branch Warriors Football Video Highlights & Recap
Old 10-13-17, 10:02 PM
All World

BGFalcons86 is on a distinguished road
IMHO... This game represents the end of an era, as West Branch and Louisville will most likely not meet up again on the gridiron (at least anytime soon). Some really good contests over the years, especially in the 90s and early 00s. WB even scored a couple wins fairly recently.
Old 10-13-17, 10:50 PM
All American

One of the best Louisville games I have seen in a while. Nice mix of running and passing and some good defensive stops. There was no lack of effort from either side. Well played game. Nice win Leopards.
Old 10-14-17, 05:28 AM
All District

MINFAN is on a distinguished road
Happy for Louisville in their last year - i really hope they finish strong against Salem and South in the last year of the NBC..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-14-17, 03:44 PM
All World

JV: West Branch 28, Louisville 22

West Branch Warriors at Louisville Leopards JV Football Video Highlights and Recap