Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-26-17, 09:47 AM
All World

LeopardNation is on a distinguished road
Week 2: North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards

Its Hoover Week! The Vikings beat Brush 43-12 in Week 1, while the Leopards fell to Canfield 48-28.

The last time North Canton won at Louisville was 2003.

Let's hear your thoughts and predictions!

Varsity: North Canton Hoover 41, Louisville 14

North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards Varsity Football Video Highlights and Recap

Freshman: Louisville 20, North Canton Hoover 20

Louisville Leopards at North Canton Hoover Vikings Freshman Football Video Highlights and Recap

ALL-TIME SERIES

Louisville Leopards Vs. North Canton Hoover Vikings All-Time Football Series

VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS - GAME ARCHIVE

VARSITY

1964 Louisville Leopards at North Canton Hoover Vikings Football Video Highlights

1971 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards Football Video Highlights

1992 Louisville Leopards at North Canton Hoover Vikings Football Video Highlights

1993 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards Football Video Highlights

1994 Louisville Leopards at North Canton Hoover Vikings Football Video Highlights

1995 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards Football Video Highlights

1999 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards Football Video Highlights

2004 Louisville Leopards at North Canton Hoover Vikings Football Video Highlights

2011 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards Football Video Highlights & Pictures

2012 Louisville Leopards at North Canton Hoover Vikings Football Video Highlights & Pictures

2013 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards Football Video Highlights & Pictures

2014 Louisville Leopards at North Canton Hoover Vikings Football Video Highlights

2015 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards Video Highlights & Recap

2016 Louisville Leopards at North Canton Hoover Vikings Video Highlights & Recap

JV

2012 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards JV Football Highlights & Pictures

2014 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards JV Football Video Highlights

2016 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards JV Football Video Highlights

Freshman

1961 Louisville Leopards Vs. North Canton Hoover Vikings Freshman Football Video Highlights

2012 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards Freshman Football Video Highlights

2014 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards Freshman Football Video Highlights

2016 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards Freshman Football Video Highlights

Last edited by LeopardNation; 09-01-17 at 09:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-17, 10:22 AM
All Yappi

BigBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
Hoover 35-14...Hoover could have won by 70 points last night.
Old 08-26-17, 01:06 PM
All Ohio

WhatsupDoc
Leopard Nation. Great job in posting all these videos and stats.
I've got a feeling Hoover is going to snap the streak at Louisville
Old 08-26-17, 04:38 PM
All American

jackson03 is on a distinguished road
North Canton by 21.

Although this game surprises a lot, so you never know. Brush could be a 1-9 type team. Still quite the performance by the Vikings last night.
Old 08-26-17, 05:44 PM
All American

hitme is on a distinguished road
If the Leopards make no changes, adjustments to the defense I fear you may be right. We will put some points on the board but will struggle to stop the run game .
Old 08-26-17, 07:07 PM
All Ohio

starkfb
WHBC reported that NC's opponent last night was terrible.
Old 08-26-17, 07:30 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkfb View Post
That is some outstanding journalism right there. WHBC really worked its sources hard to come up with that heavily guarded information.
Old 08-26-17, 07:32 PM
All Ohio

COACH_XYZ&12345 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkfb View Post
WHBC also reported Louisville's rushing deffense and tackling was terrible. Any team that gets blown out played terrible.
Old 08-26-17, 07:36 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitme View Post
If the Leopards make no changes, adjustments to the defense I fear you may be right. We will put some points on the board but will struggle to stop the run game .
Not sure good tackling technique can be mastered by our defense in six days. You had two really good athletes playing both ways and they were not much of a factor on defense. Canfield's misdirection confused the Leopards defense as I expected they would. I don't see anything different happening against North Canton.
Old 08-26-17, 07:46 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
This will be a tough competitive game as always. I'll take the Vikings by 7.

As for Brush being terrible they may be...and Hoover did what a good team is supposed to vs a bad team. If it had been close I'd be worried...it wasnt.
Old 08-26-17, 07:49 PM
All World

BHSspartans13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
That is some outstanding journalism right there. WHBC really worked its sources hard to come up with that heavily guarded information.
Palmisano: "I used to have to recruit Brush. They were terrible. Biggest waste of time. Don't understand why they sent me there and University School, where there were more Mercedes and BMWs in the parking lot than kids that could play football."
Old 08-26-17, 07:52 PM
All American

jackson03 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHSspartans13 View Post
Palmisano: "I used to have to recruit Brush. They were terrible. Biggest waste of time. Don't understand why they sent me there and University School, where there were more Mercedes and BMWs in the parking lot than kids that could play football."
I'm not sure if this is satire or real.
Old 08-26-17, 08:15 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
This will be a tough competitive game as always. I'll take the Vikings by 7.

As for Brush being terrible they may be...and Hoover did what a good team is supposed to vs a bad team. If it had been close I'd be worried...it wasnt.

I see no different offensive result for you against Louisville in terms of rushing success. Louisville can't stop the run, question is can you stop their passing attack? I believe defensively we have regressed some in terms of flying to the football tenacious defense typical of Louisville and you will see that Friday night. If your QB is good at ball fakes , then misdirection plays are going to give Louisville plenty of fits.
Old 08-26-17, 08:16 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson03 View Post
I'm not sure if this is satire or real.
I actually caught this part of the broadcast (sometime during the 4th quarter). Pretty sure Palmisano's actual comments were more funny/ridiculous than that.
Old 08-26-17, 10:32 PM
All Ohio

WhatsupDoc
I heard that on the radio as well. I thought that was kinda cheap for adults to be ripping high school kids. The guy for HBC was calling Brush terrible, he said there had never been a good player come out of Brush. Lost a lot of respect for HBC. Was that guy a college coach? He talked about recruiting Brush and University school and said it was a waste of time. He rips coaches and players a lot. They are hard to listen to. I wish they would have never gotten rid of Sammy B. I try to avoid HBC.
Old 08-26-17, 10:46 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsupDoc View Post
I heard that on the radio as well. I thought that was kinda cheap for adults to be ripping high school kids. The guy for HBC was calling Brush terrible, he said there had never been a good player come out of Brush. Lost a lot of respect for HBC. Was that guy a college coach? He talked about recruiting Brush and University school and said it was a waste of time. He rips coaches and players a lot. They are hard to listen to. I wish they would have never gotten rid of Sammy B. I try to avoid HBC.
IIRC, Joe Palmisano is an Akron native who played college ball at Iowa St. He was head coach at Malone for a couple years and later coached at U. of Akron under Lee Owens where he ascended to the position of defensive coordinator. He knows football, but he also shoots from the hip with his commentary.
Old 08-27-17, 10:08 AM
All American

my2sense is on a distinguished road
Palmisano a dying breed in broadcasting who will actually speak his mind. If you want snowflake safe commentary, go to 92.5 for games. Or Ray Jeske.

North Canton schools dealing with yet another sexual abuse case regarding a trusted coach and several student-athletes. Not sure how much of a distraction this will be as there are family members of the victims on the team.

Palmissano was correct. Game should have never been scheduled. Luisville on the other hand played a better team than NC. L'ville wins this one.
Old 08-27-17, 10:54 AM
Varsity

Leopard4life is on a distinguished road
Quick look at the schedule, what the teams we play do well and the Leopards could be looking at 1-4 or 0-5 if changes/adjustments aren't made. I don't understand why we didn't make a single adjustment on Friday night to our front. I am not talking personnel, I'm taking go 3-4 or even 5-2 if needed. Giving up 354 yards rushing to a QB is an embarrassment. I hope they get things going in the right direction quickly.
Old 08-27-17, 03:49 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
Palmisano a dying breed in broadcasting who will actually speak his mind. If you want snowflake safe commentary, go to 92.5 for games. Or Ray Jeske.

North Canton schools dealing with yet another sexual abuse case regarding a trusted coach and several student-athletes. Not sure how much of a distraction this will be as there are family members of the victims on the team.

Palmissano was correct. Game should have never been scheduled. Luisville on the other hand played a better team than NC. L'ville wins this one.
I thought you just wanted to talk football?

Game should've never been scheduled? I guess Canfield shouldve never scheduled Louisville or McKinley shouldn't have scheduled Warren.
Old 08-27-17, 04:23 PM
All Ohio

Andy27 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH_XYZ&12345 View Post
WHBC also reported Louisville's rushing deffense and tackling was terrible.
That's a valid statement. It was.
Old 08-27-17, 05:44 PM
All World

I always liked Palmisano. His knowledge of the X's and O's are good. The Brush comments may have been a bit excessive but not enough to really go after him for. If he was on a Boardman broadcast for WHBC, I'd listen to him over the folks in Youngstown every time.
Old 08-28-17, 09:36 AM
All American

Lynus24 is on a distinguished road
For Louisville all you can do is look for improvement and hope for a win. This is a very young and inexperienced team we're putting on the field. Looking for more leadership out of the seniors, set the example with your play...seniors and experienced players got beat just as often as the young guys last week. Coaches got a lot of kids plugged in last week hopefully the game slows down a bit for them this week. Boils down to the defense.
Old 08-28-17, 03:38 PM
Freshman

Secondrow is on a distinguished road
Loser gets the baseball coach... He originally came from NC.
Go Leopards!!!!
Old 08-28-17, 04:23 PM
All American

You will have some Louisville parents fight that idea. They already have him in their back pocket.
Old 08-28-17, 06:12 PM
All American

Just got wind we are staying with a 4 man front. This DC is in way over his head.
Old 08-28-17, 06:54 PM
All Region

old man 54 is on a distinguished road
A few thoughts:

Since Davis took over and changed our defense that almost nobody used to run against to a 4 man front, we have repeatedly given up huge chunks of yardage when teams line up with a TE and 1 and 2 back. If you think he is going to change, he is not...I have seen no adjustments since he took over as def coordinator.

The situation has now gotten tougher too as our best lineman #51 I hear is out for the season.. Tough break the kid worked hard in offseason.

As to improving tackling,, as I have stated on another post, I don't think a few drills is going to get it done as the season has started. You have to have the mental toughness and attitude to want to bring someone to the ground forcefully and right now I have not seen any fire yet this season.
Old 08-28-17, 07:10 PM
Varsity

Leopard4life is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You will have some Louisville parents fight that idea. They already have him in their back pocket.
Those parents kids all graduated last year.
Old 08-28-17, 07:33 PM
All American

Lynus24 is on a distinguished road
Things like new schemes and techniques, will only come with new staff. Things in Louisville have been the same forever. We don't change and we'll always take care of our own. As a group their all "protected". This goes all the way up to the top. I've been told DeMarco has that job as long as he wants it. After what went down with Paul they feel that's "safe". Look at who we add when we add....short of Checca...it's been the good ol boys club regardless of experience. Our DB coach was a freaking offensive linemen, we're training a second generation offensive line coach that has next to zero playing experience let alone playing college. Forget that we haven't been able to run block for the better part of a decade with what we've had, and our offense has been figured out by any team that can field a competitive team. The "we're gonna do what we do" won't get us wins like it used to. Couple all that with the weakest senior class we've had in as long as I can remember and your gonna get what we saw the other night. I don't think some people realize how good our players are individually and when we put 16-18 out there a monkey could coach them to win 8 games. A month ago I said we'd take our lumps this year, and we will....but along with those lumps we're building for next year, where maybe "we're gonna do what we do" will work a little better because we'll be a better team.
Old 08-28-17, 07:37 PM
All American

Not so.Those parents wanted to string him up. As far as our tackling, when all of your drills are against non resisting tires, you see the results. We win NBC games because we have more athletes. Curious what our ooc record is over the last 8 years.
Old 08-29-17, 10:22 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Not so.Those parents wanted to string him up. As far as our tackling, when all of your drills are against non resisting tires, you see the results. We win NBC games because we have more athletes. Curious what our ooc record is over the last 8 years.
I did the research and here is what I came up with...

2016 - 1-2 Win against Canfield and losses to Hoover and Fitch
2015 - 2-1 * Wins against Canfield and Hoover loss to Fitch
2014 - 2-1 * Wins against Canfield and Ravenna loss to Hoover
2013 - 3-0 * Wins against Canfield, Hoover, and Ravenna
2012 - 2-1 Wins against Canfield and Ravenna, lost to Hoover
2011 - 1-2 Win against Hoover and losses to Walsh Jesuit and Ravenna
2010 - 1-2 Win against Ravenna and losses to Walsh Jesuit and Hoover
2009 - 3-0 * Wins against Ravenna, Hoover, and Hoban

* Denotes made the playoffs

Overall record against OOC opponents is 15-9 (.625)

Four playoff appearances over the eight year period. Overall record 1-4

Demarco 1-3 in four playoff games (3- playoff appearances 2013, 2014, 2015).

Farrah 0-1 (2009)

What is interesting of the four years Leps made the playoffs (2009, 2013, 2014, 2015), OCC regular season teams winning percentage for those four years was .500 (63-63). For all seasons missing the playoffs, OCC teams were 74-53 (.582).