Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins?
Shelby by 17+ 3 2.73%
Shelby by 8-16 18 16.36%
Shelby by 1-7 30 27.27%
Steubenville by 1-7 18 16.36%
Steubenville by 8-16 30 27.27%
Steubenville by 17+ 11 10.00%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-20-17, 03:26 PM
All Region

smurfyeah19 is on a distinguished road
Going to take Shelby in this one. Steubenville is always loaded, but Shelby is the best D4 team from NW Ohio since the Genoa team in 2008 that nearly knocked off Alter and Kenton team in 2010 led by Mauk. Shelby is in a usually tough league, the fact they blew the doors off everyone, and then rolled into the region and did the same makes me think State Title
Old 11-20-17, 03:38 PM
All District

Bigred95 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Bigred95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtony View Post
Well, I'm not Irish, I'm Italian....well, somewhat Italian.....OK, I'm 1/4 Italian. Everything else is Heinz 57. And no, I'm not Tony cuz I'm Italian.

Sooooooo.....if Shelby is ranked above Steubenville and Steubenville is so much better than Shelby, then Max Prep numbers mean nothing....at least that's what I've come to find out in wrestling. So rankings aside, how about team records?

Upper St. Claire 8-4
Morgantown 4-7
Boardman 6-5
USO 4-7
Dover 6-4
Ursuline 2-8
New Philadelphia 9-2
O'Hara 3-7
University 7-4

Playoffs
Salem 7-4
Mooney 7-5
Perry 12-1

So hardly a powerhouse schedule any way you slice it.

Whippets 49
Steubenville 21

Go Whippets!

And for lunch....I worked out.
OMG, named Tony and a wrestler? Now you're just messing with me!
And I never said Big Red was, "so much better than Shelby", I was merely pointing out that if you compare strength of schedules, Big Red's was tougher! I also never stated Big Red's schedule was a powerhouse one! And if you want to use team records Big Red opponents' record is 74-62 while Shelby's is 63-64 point, Big Red!

I'd love to workout during lunch but myoffice is in bfe, and by the time I made it somewhere to workout, I'd have to turn around and come back.
Old 11-20-17, 03:51 PM
All District

Bigred95 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Bigred95
Follow up question, why do you think Shelby has gotten so much better over last year, but not Big Red?
Old 11-20-17, 03:52 PM
Junior Varsity

Lakindo is on a distinguished road
I didn't spend my lunch working out but I did watch a ton of Shelby highlights. Specifically Brennan Armstrong highlights. And I am officially beyond nervous. That team look damn near unstoppable
Old 11-20-17, 04:11 PM
All Region

Crimson and Black is on a distinguished road
Big red in a walk. Speed, strength, quickness and playoff experience in the coaching booth. Youíre going to see a hard hitting physical bunch that I donít think can stand the pressure. ROLL RED ROLL.
Old 11-20-17, 04:20 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson and Black View Post
Big red in a walk. Speed, strength, quickness and playoff experience in the coaching booth. Youíre going to see a hard hitting physical bunch that I donít think can stand the pressure. ROLL RED ROLL.
In a walk? I hope so. But I don't think. The game last year at Massillon wasn't a "walk" and i can't imagine this one will either.

Your confidence makes me fell more confident for what it is worth
Old 11-20-17, 04:25 PM
All District

Hawkcaulker9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddengineer View Post
Hey, nice of you to rat out the kids' claimed offense publicly . You're a class act, all the way. The charge was not proven, as it easily could have been. Your friend must not live in Shelby currently, mine does, and knows the kids involved. You make me want to puke with your sanctimonious discipline bs. The kids aren't always wrong, and adults don't always tell the truth. Bugger off. And, still waiting on that "insight." I give the kids credit for hanging in there, they were not treated fairly, imo.
Aww, did that strike a nerve? I believe it was already public knowledge of what happened, the word may not have spread to your holler on the river. Itís not sanctimonious just a fact believe it or not some places want the kids to understand the concept of actions and consequences seems to me youíre a little buttsore about a school that follows the rules and doesnít hope that a quick call to the coach can get them out of it. I believe all the kids accepted the punishment Obviously everyone has moved on but you, let it go, itís really not a good look for you. As far as buggering off come on man what are you a sixty year old English man? Again not a good look.
Old 11-20-17, 04:33 PM
All Yappi

EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
Quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this

Big red already had their crap game and survived mooney

it's a stroll to the title now
Old 11-20-17, 04:45 PM
All District

Quote:
Oh this indeed sounds like the familiar Steubenville posts of.....dare I say, 2015.
Bigger, faster, stronger more playoff experiences in the booth on the sidelines yada yada yada. BigRed rolls this inferior team off the turf because they are so much better in every aspect of the game. News flash to Shelby, Clinton-Massie, John Glenn get the basketballs out, donít show up Steubenville wins the crown finally. If that is the case, that truly makes me want to puke.
Old 11-20-17, 05:12 PM
All District

erdna is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkcaulker9 View Post
Oh this indeed sounds like the familiar Steubenville posts of.....dare I say, 2015.
Bigger, faster, stronger more playoff experiences in the booth on the sidelines yada yada yada. BigRed rolls this inferior team off the turf because they are so much better in every aspect of the game. News flash to Shelby, Clinton-Massie, John Glenn get the basketballs out, donít show up Steubenville wins the crown finally. If that is the case, that truly makes me want to puke.

Good thing mighty Tri Valley didn't believe the hype...
Old 11-20-17, 05:23 PM
All District

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdna View Post
Good thing mighty Tri Valley didn't believe the hype...
Now thatís a snappy comeback,We never said we would roll them, we knew that they were a good team and they played their tails off and won the game. Nobodyís upset or sore about losing to a good team again I donít recall anyone boasting that we had more size, strength playoff experience this that and whatever else. You guys are masters at blowing your own horn and coming up short, keep up the good work hopefully your hyper experienced coaching staff doesnít choke under the real pressure.
Old 11-20-17, 05:24 PM
Varsity

witch doctor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Speaking of puke. You are one of the biggest creeps on here. You do nothing but spew your mumbo about how good your almighty team is. Why donít u your coach and Monsignor go recruit some non catholic little boys for your bad touches ? Do u use your user name when you recruit these little boys ?Itís the perfect name for that. I have a feeling your the head toucher . Do they call u jerry ? creep .
Old 11-20-17, 05:54 PM
All Region

Quote:
This is another reason, you sound like Bigredfan, the arrogance oozes from you. Why did Shelby earn the right to play YOU why not Big Red earned the right to play them? Oh thatís right because you guys are the best team in the state of Ohio and 800 victories means you should automatically be placed in the final four
Good luck with that.
I think you misunderstood my meaning. We have also earned the right to play Shelby. Was not trying to say we are the kings and to play us you have to earn. I guess I didnít do a very good job with my words. ROLL RED ROLL.....Friday cannot get here soon enough......I canít wait for the battle to begin. The real battle and not this silly one on Yappi, by old washed up ex jocks. Besides, the best smack talking happens after the game.
Old 11-20-17, 06:47 PM
All Region

ferflog is on a distinguished road
East Youngstown:

51-27. Have I heard that before?? I hope you picked the winner, though!!

Thanks for the support. See you next year in the playoffs!!!

ROLL RED ROLL!!!
Old 11-20-17, 06:55 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by witch doctor View Post
Speaking of puke. You are one of the biggest creeps on here. You do nothing but spew your mumbo about how good your almighty team is. Why donít u your coach and Monsignor go recruit some non catholic little boys for your bad touches ? Do u use your user name when you recruit these little boys ?Itís the perfect name for that. I have a feeling your the head toucher . Do they call u jerry ? creep .
You must be confusing me with someone else, I donít spew anything about how great we are, yes we have a solid program have had success. We are not the greatest team ever obviously weíll be watching games somewhere for the next two weeks. I know you are completely confused because last time I checked there were no jungles in Clinton County. Go back to swinging on your swing setĒjungle vinesĒ and playing with your shrunken head. Clown
Old 11-20-17, 08:55 PM
All Region

You know what Hawkcocker...you are kind of a creep. I just decided you’re a real bung hole who talks out of both sides of your pie hole. Go pick a game in which you have a dog in the fight......ooopppps, I forgot, your dogs sittin on the porch watching. That being the case, just go away.
Old 11-20-17, 09:03 PM
Freshman

RRR_NC is on a distinguished road
LOL!! How did this go from talking up 2 great teams and programs to————> what has been in recent posts LMAO ��_______ is it Friday yet, I am so ready to listen to this battle....... gonna be a good hard fought game... RRR!!!!
Old 11-20-17, 09:05 PM
All District

Hazardous Whippet is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR_NC View Post
LOL!! How did this go from talking up 2 great teams and programs toóóóó> what has been in recent posts LMAO ��_______ is it Friday yet, I am so ready to listen to this battle....... gonna be a good hard fought game... RRR!!!!
It can't come soon enough. The bickering in here has gotten way out of hand.
Old 11-20-17, 09:20 PM
All District

Quote:
You know what Hawkcocker...you are kind of a creep. I just decided youíre a real bung hole who talks out of both sides of your pie hole. Go pick a game in which you have a dog in the fight......ooopppps, I forgot, your dogs sittin on the porch watching. That being the case, just go away.
Itís really funny that you get so irritated with me when all Iím doing is showing what kind of idiot posters Steubenville has. You guys act like you have the most important football program in the state and that because of your HISTORY everyone should quake in their cleats at the thought of playing you. Please!! All I have done is comment on the arrogant blowhard inaccurate statements you make. I really hope Armstrong and the hungry hounds hang half a hundred on you turds. Then you will be irrelevant in the conversation of whoís the best team in the state. Btw it doesnít hurt my feelings that we lost, Iím a big boy I can deal with a loss against a good team and not make excuses or piss and moan about a bounce here or there. 0-2.
Old 11-20-17, 10:48 PM
All Region

valuska is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Itís really funny that you get so irritated with me when all Iím doing is showing what kind of idiot posters Steubenville has. You guys act like you have the most important football program in the state and that because of your HISTORY everyone should quake in their cleats at the thought of playing you. Please!! All I have done is comment on the arrogant blowhard inaccurate statements you make. I really hope Armstrong and the hungry hounds hang half a hundred on you turds. Then you will be irrelevant in the conversation of whoís the best team in the state. Btw it doesnít hurt my feelings that we lost, Iím a big boy I can deal with a loss against a good team and not make excuses or piss and moan about a bounce here or there. 0-2.
Some Hartley fans are good folks...unfortunately you aren't one of them. Your team's season is over. This game is about two teams that are still playing. Time to sign off.
Old 11-21-17, 12:21 AM
All District

Quote:
Obviously you think highly of us...lol that's why you are here. Please continue to post here...I for one love the haters. You're a BIG RED fan, you just don't know it. It's deep in your subconscious. Just think you win back to back state championships and you talk about how BIG RED blew them...not how Hartley won em! Lol you're just a fan is all. God bless you

RRR
Old 11-21-17, 12:41 AM
All District

Cannoli137 is on a distinguished road
Someone please hit the “Mute Button” , on a few people , pleaseee, lol.
Old 11-21-17, 01:10 AM
All Region

The fumble before halftime that was clearly a Big Red recovery in 2016 gave Hartley that game. Not sour grapes. Just FACT. Watch the video. Clearly a blown call by the refs. Had that possession been given to Big Red (as it rightfully should have) the half would have ended 14-7 Hartley. And we all know Hartley was completely shut down down in the 2nd half, 14-0. There would have been no need for the botched FG that led to Harley's only points of the half.

2015: Hartley victory.
2016: Hartley gift by the referees.

There. It is off my chest. Now on to more important things at hand. Shelby.

ROLL RED ROLL!!!
Old 11-21-17, 02:36 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferflog View Post
The fumble before halftime that was clearly a Big Red recovery in 2016 gave Hartley that game. Not sour grapes. Just FACT. Watch the video. Clearly a blown call by the refs. Had that possession been given to Big Red (as it rightfully should have) the half would have ended 14-7 Hartley. And we all know Hartley was completely shut down down in the 2nd half, 14-0. There would have been no need for the botched FG that led to Harley's only points of the half.

2015: Hartley victory.
2016: Hartley gift by the referees.

There. It is off my chest. Now on to more important things at hand. Shelby.

ROLL RED ROLL!!!
There again pissing and moaning shoulda coulda, what will you say when Shelby wins this game? They ran too fast, hit too hard, probably not Iím sure it will be the refs fault. All I ever wanted from Big Red nation is an acknowledgement that Shelby is a fine football team and that you respect them as a team, donít compare them to Athens or anyone else. Look at what theyíve done this year and say man...this is a good team, they have accomplished so much, they are undefeated, we need to bring our A game. All of this is the truth they are a good team and you will need to bring the A game if not this team has the weapons to score 50 on you and the defense to shut you down.
Old 11-21-17, 05:58 AM
All Region

Go pound salt, Hawkcaulker9. You have a great team and a great program. Best of luck to your team in the future.

And, as always, ROLL RED ROLL!!!
Old 11-21-17, 07:02 AM
All District

Someone please tell me why this BigRed team is better than last year. What are some of the stats that back it up?
Old 11-21-17, 07:41 AM
Varsity

witch doctor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You must be confusing me with someone else, I donít spew anything about how great we are, yes we have a solid program have had success. We are not the greatest team ever obviously weíll be watching games somewhere for the next two weeks. I know you are completely confused because last time I checked there were no jungles in Clinton County. Go back to swinging on your swing setĒjungle vinesĒ and playing with your shrunken head. Clown
No your the creep I meant that for. Aka jerry the head toucher. Well jerry itís like this if anyone knows about playing with shrunken heads is the Hartley head toucher . And that you creep is you. Jerry the bad toucher.
Old 11-21-17, 08:11 AM
All District

BigRedNation76 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
All I ever wanted from Big Red nation is an acknowledgement that Shelby is a fine football team and that you respect them as a team, don’t compare them to Athens or anyone else. Look at what they’ve done this year and say man...this is a good team.
Man...Shelby is a fine football team, much respect! Man... Hawkcaulker is a weird creepy person, no respect! Man... Hawkcaulker's team is at basketball practice, that's funny! Man...someone take over here!
Old 11-21-17, 08:41 AM
Junior Varsity

I think Shelby is more than just a fine team. I am the guy that was openly rooting for Bellvue because I didn't want us to play them. I am the ugy who was pissed the OHSAA made this a semi final match up because I prefer to lose in the championship game and not another semi
Old 11-21-17, 08:51 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakindo View Post
I think Shelby is more than just a fine team. I am the guy that was openly rooting for Bellvue because I didn't want us to play them. I am the ugy who was pissed the OHSAA made this a semi final match up because I prefer to lose in the championship game and not another semi

Are you going to continue to pretend to be a BIG RED fan all the way until Friday?