Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins?
Shelby by 17+ 3 2.73%
Shelby by 8-16 18 16.36%
Shelby by 1-7 30 27.27%
Steubenville by 1-7 18 16.36%
Steubenville by 8-16 30 27.27%
Steubenville by 17+ 11 10.00%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-17, 02:00 PM
All District

Hazardous Whippet is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legba View Post
id say 31 - 27 shelby
Very doable.
Old 11-18-17, 02:08 PM
All Region

valuska is on a distinguished road
Quote:
just a prediction, I call it as I see it. I have no dog in the fight. Don't care who wins, just want to see a good game, if I choose thtat game to watch friday. But if you think your own team is gonna lose, then I may reconsider.
Give us a break. It is and always will be anybody but Steubenville as your pick in any game they play...not that it means anything to anybody but yourself.

Neither team will enter this game with any thoughts other than we will WIN this game and move on to Canton. The tough part is making it happen. This will be a dog fight from beginning to end.
Old 11-18-17, 02:13 PM
Freshman

utsherman is on a distinguished road
I want to hear more about the health of Shorty Brooks throughout the week before making a final prediction. He’s a shutdown corner, and without him playing D last night, Bellevue took advantage of Shelby’s defensive shift. He was also used more as a decoy last night on O, with limited touches after going for 200+ the previous week vs. St. Mary’s. Should be interesting to see how things develop. Of course I’m sure the coaching staff will keep things mum regardless.
Old 11-18-17, 02:24 PM
All Ohio

Legba is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by valuska View Post
Give us a break. It is and always will be anybody but Steubenville as your pick in any game they play...not that it means anything to anybody but yourself.

Neither team will enter this game with any thoughts other than we will WIN this game and move on to Canton. The tough part is making it happen. This will be a dog fight from beginning to end.
As your prediction is for Steubenville, no matter who they play, just like you said in the finals the last two years....not that it means anything to anybody but Yourself!!!!!
Old 11-18-17, 02:30 PM
All Ohio

thickthinbigred is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
An excellent Shelby team that many won't expect to advance. What can they do to win this?
Play it. they are an outstanding team . One of the all around best in any division . Very tough game . We must not turn the ball over or commit dumb penalties.
Old 11-18-17, 02:49 PM
All Ohio

thickthinbigred is on a distinguished road
Geographically speaking Is this the matchup that makes sense? I thought John Glen and Big Red were closer but I don't know exactly where Shelby is . John Glenn is playing Clinton Massie . I thought Shelby vs Clinton was closer and Big Red and JG was closer.
Old 11-18-17, 02:50 PM
Freshman

endZone is on a distinguished road
I believe that this is the first time all year that cal preps has predicted big red to lose. (Shelby by 7).However their strength and speed will reverse that projection. Big Red will not meet their match in strength and size across the line of scrimmage until Massie. However their speed will win that game for them also and bring another crown back to Steubenville
Old 11-18-17, 03:17 PM
All American

Old Stubber
The game will again boil down to who control the line of scrimmage and that is what Big Red excels at this year (and also many very good running backs and a dual threat QB, and excellent pass rush). This should be a great game and I predict Big Red 35 Shelby 21.
Old 11-18-17, 03:22 PM
All District

Lysdexic04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thickthinbigred View Post
Geographically speaking Is this the matchup that makes sense? I thought John Glen and Big Red were closer but I don't know exactly where Shelby is . John Glenn is playing Clinton Massie . I thought Shelby vs Clinton was closer and Big Red and JG was closer.
That's basically what I thought. JG and Steuby are around 80 miles apart. Massie is about 140 miles from both Shelby and JG. Shelby and Steuby are also about 140 miles apart. So I'm not exactly sure what the determining factor was.
Old 11-18-17, 03:23 PM
All Region

Crimson and Black is on a distinguished road
Shelby must be undisciplined if they had penalties that cost them a TD.....Of course not. The Big Red has won 5 regional titles in a row. Undisciplined teams do not have that kind of success. This will be our 90th playoff game. That’s right 90th. We have won I believe 65 of them. It takes remarkable discipline year after year to produce the results that the Big Red has. I’ll tell you this..... you ain’t scoring 56 Friday night. You have to possess the ball to score.
Old 11-18-17, 04:40 PM
All District

TVDAWGS32 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by endZone View Post
I believe that this is the first time all year that cal preps has predicted big red to lose. (Shelby by 7).However their strength and speed will reverse that projection. Big Red will not meet their match in strength and size across the line of scrimmage until Massie. However their speed will win that game for them also and bring another crown back to Steubenville
That is assuming that Massie moves on. I love how everyone just overlooks JG as if they aren't even there and anyone who plays them is pretty much getting a bye week. You had better hope the teams aren't as the fans, or you may get a rude awakening. Im telling you, JG has a talented squad. They may not have the size up front of a Massie, but they will be in the fight. JG only lost to my Tri Valley Scotties 20-13 this year and it wasn't decided until late. Tri Valley just defeated a very good Bishop Hartley team to win the region 11 title in D3. JG will not be some pushover that you guys are expecting.
Old 11-18-17, 05:29 PM
All Region

valuska is on a distinguished road
Quote:
As your prediction is for Steubenville, no matter who they play, just like you said in the finals the last two years....not that it means anything to anybody but Yourself!!!!!
So true....Get over it as will I.
Old 11-18-17, 05:49 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
The great thinkers at OHSAA place this game at Infocision while they put what was essentially the championship of Summit County, Hoban vs. Barberton, at an overfilled Green.

As for this one, it looks like a good game. I know nothing of Shelby, but it sure looks like they can put up the points.
Old 11-18-17, 06:02 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by utsherman View Post
I want to hear more about the health of Shorty Brooks throughout the week before making a final prediction. He’s a shutdown corner, and without him playing D last night, Bellevue took advantage of Shelby’s defensive shift. He was also used more as a decoy last night on O, with limited touches after going for 200+ the previous week vs. St. Mary’s. Should be interesting to see how things develop. Of course I’m sure the coaching staff will keep things mum regardless.
Yeah that's what concerns me the most. Hopefully he's healthy enough to play next week.
Old 11-18-17, 06:05 PM
All Region

Crimson and Black is on a distinguished road
Legba... they ain’t playing Bellview, Willard, Port Clinton Friday. They are playing The Mighty Big Red of Steubenville. Whole different quality of team. I’m going to say it even though I don’t like pre game boasting and smack talk. But Shelby is going down in a heap Friday.
Old 11-18-17, 06:10 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson and Black View Post
Legba... they ain’t playing Bellview, Willard, Port Clinton Friday. They are playing The Mighty Big Red of Steubenville. Whole different quality of team. I’m going to say it even though I don’t like pre game boasting and smack talk. But Shelby is going down in a heap Friday.
If you don't like doing it then why would you?
Old 11-18-17, 06:40 PM
All District

Anyone know which radio stations will be broadcasting the game?

Hoping to catch it on the Internet.
Old 11-18-17, 06:48 PM
Freshman

utsherman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson and Black View Post
Yawn. Heard the same thing from Wauseon and St. Mary’s fans. “You play in a weak league.” “Your schedule is weak.” “Our tradition is so much stronger than yours.” “You haven’t seen a team with our speed & size.” Etc. Did you purposely mispell ‘Bellevue’ to further emphasize your disregard for said schedule? No thanks. I’ll respect the opponent. I’m sure that Shelby will revel in the fact that most are already pointing to Clinton-Massie before this game has even been played.
Old 11-18-17, 06:50 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazardous Whippet View Post
Anyone know which radio stations will be broadcasting the game?

Hoping to catch it on the Internet.
Never mind i found the answer already. WMAN will be broadcasting the game again.
Old 11-18-17, 06:52 PM
All District

Quote:
Yawn. Heard the same thing from Wauseon and St. Mary’s fans. “You play in a weak league.” “Your schedule is weak.” “Our tradition is so much stronger than yours.” “You haven’t seen a team with our speed & size.” Etc. Did you purposely mispell ‘Bellevue’ to further emphasize your disregard for said schedule? No thanks. I’ll respect the opponent. I’m sure that Shelby will revel in the fact that most are already pointing to Clinton-Massie before this game has even been played.
I always love people who have to gloat and brag to make themselves feel superior to others.

Anything can happen especially when it comes to teenage boys playing football. If memory serves me right no one gave Galion a chance in 1985 either. We know how that turned out.
Old 11-18-17, 07:27 PM
Freshman

endZone is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'm certainly not not overlooking Shelby or any other team and I guarantee you no one on Big Reds staff is either. I predicted that Big Red and Massie would meet in the final a while back and nothing I've seen to date changes my opinion. They have been on a rematch collision course since Big Red walloped them by 3 scores back in 2015. I'll be the first to eat crow if John Glenn beats them but I've seen several teams from region 15 and feel it's the weakest region in Div 4. But first Shelby and it won't be easy by any stretch. We all know they are very very good.
Old 11-18-17, 07:43 PM
All American

InTheDarke is on a distinguished road
From my viewpoint in this part of of the state, I have seen St. Marys and they are a strong program in a competitive league. I never contended that they would wallop Shelby, but give them a good game. Turns out I was wrong and I'll eat my words. I just know what I know about them, and they never get smacked like that. Just basing it on recent history is all. No smack coming from me about Shelby, that's for sure, especially not now.
Old 11-18-17, 08:08 PM
All District

erdna is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Shelby wins this one, Steubenville is a very undisciplined team, they will not clean up their act. Shelby vs Massie will be a great game
Too bad you won't get a chance to see it...
Old 11-18-17, 08:47 PM
Freshman

BigRedFan is on a distinguished road
Should be a great matchup. Best of luck to all remaining teams in each division next Friday.
Old 11-18-17, 08:54 PM
All District

Tig93 is on a distinguished road
Good luck Big Red!
Old 11-19-17, 01:07 AM
All District

TVDAWGS32 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by endZone View Post
I'm certainly not not overlooking Shelby or any other team and I guarantee you no one on Big Reds staff is either. I predicted that Big Red and Massie would meet in the final a while back and nothing I've seen to date changes my opinion. They have been on a rematch collision course since Big Red walloped them by 3 scores back in 2015. I'll be the first to eat crow if John Glenn beats them but I've seen several teams from region 15 and feel it's the weakest region in Div 4. But first Shelby and it won't be easy by any stretch. We all know they are very very good.
It very well may be the weakest region in D4, but that does not mean that JG can't stand toe to toe with the other regions. Thus far they have done what they needed to do. As stated previously, they played a very good Tri Valley team to the very end (20-13) and Tri Valley has played many quality opponents (SVSM in week 1 we lost 21-13, Marion Franklin in week 11, #1 seed Bellefontaine in week 12, perennial power Bishop Hartley in week 13 and are now set for a week 1 rematch with SVSM in the state semis). So when you tell me they are going to get slaughtered by Massie, Im sorry Im not buying it. Now, is there a chance JG could go in and have the whole experience overwhelm them and not play to their potential? Ofcourse. But if they play up to their capabilities, Im telling you it WILL be a good game.
Old 11-19-17, 08:03 AM
Freshman

WillardGrad is an unknown quantity at this point
The Big Red will win this one by a large margin. Shelby is a pretty good farm town public school but they are not ready for this stage. Beating up on the likes of farm town Willard, farm town Bellevue, farm town Port Clinton is one thing. All those schools have tractor days where the kids drive their John Deere tractors to school. Steubenville is full of city boys, they don't show up to school with a cow paddy stuck to the bottom of their shoe. You step inside Shelby, Willard, Bellevue or Port Clinton's schools and it smells like a barn with all the farm boys. Congratulations to Shelby on having a top notch farm school football team but now it's onto a different level, the Big Red.

Big Red 35
Shelby 14
Old 11-19-17, 08:09 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillardGrad View Post
The Big Red will win this one by a large margin. Shelby is a pretty good farm town public school but they are not ready for this stage. Beating up on the likes of farm town Willard, farm town Bellevue, farm town Port Clinton is one thing. All those schools have tractor days where the kids drive their John Deere tractors to school. Steubenville is full of city boys, they don't show up to school with a cow paddy stuck to the bottom of their shoe. You step inside Shelby, Willard, Bellevue or Port Clinton's schools and it smells like a barn with all the farm boys. Congratulations to Shelby on having a top notch farm school football team but now it's onto a different level, the Big Red.

Big Red 35
Shelby 14
Ha come on now! It wasn't that large of a margin in last year's contest and this year's team is much better. I think you're underestimating them WillardGrad.
Old 11-19-17, 08:17 AM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
D4 can't help but be farm town and small privates. Curious are there any other "city" publics schools in D4? I'm sure there are but none come to mind. Steubenville is also in many ways a suburb of Pittsburgh and West Pa. football which is pretty good. Clinton massie is a farm town team Big Red should be weary of , I've only seen them play once but they are big and physical with enough speed to keep you honest. Also have done it before.
Old 11-19-17, 09:49 AM
All District

Deareye is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillardGrad View Post

Big Red 35
Shelby 14
Wow....Now that's a Troll Job.
Last time I heard this B.S. was in 04' when Big Red played Sheridan.

I follow HS Football.
And almost every poll out there has Shelby winning or the better team.
Big Red might lose so all fans that got their butt-whipped by them will come out of the woodwork like roaches for this game.

Maybe Shelby can do what there teams couldn't, I think. I see the same Haters seem to follow Big Red threads. some ppl just HATE.

Shelby does have a Minnesota Commit (Armstrong). He is the real deal and Big Red has faced both Danny Clark (Kentucky's) and Athens(Ohio St) Joe Burrow and Inkster( Michigan's) Devin Gardner all at harding stadium in recent yrs past. And I'm not sure of the outcome. But this team reminds me of that Athens Team, with a better defense maybe.

So I'm sure Big Red fans know what a good QB can do. And in my opinion will have to play a perfect game and get a fair game to win.

In my opinion this is the State Championship. OHSAA could have had prob. two 14-0 teams in the State Title but I think they are still-butt hurt.

I'm not a Big Red Alum and don't represent them. I just follow High School Football.