Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins?
Wheelersburg by 17+ 11 17.74%
Wheelersburg by 8-16 11 17.74%
Wheelersburg by 1-7 5 8.06%
Madison by 1-7 21 33.87%
Madison by 8-16 10 16.13%
Madison by 17+ 4 6.45%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-19-17, 09:37 PM
All District

P(irate) is on a distinguished road
Has anyone mentioned depth? How many kids on Madison go both ways?
Old 11-19-17, 11:05 PM
Varsity

Burggrad6 is on a distinguished road

Madison, stay on your side of the fifty! Unlike Johnstown! Hahaha that coach is dumb!
Old 11-19-17, 11:18 PM
All District

If any of you guys are interested.
http://www.southeasternohiopreps.com...5715&start=140
Old 11-19-17, 11:25 PM
Varsity

Matt Goeller is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by P(irate) View Post
That honor will be passed down to 20 for the next few years. Burg is definitely not the weakest team left. They are arguable the best team left. The closest game theyíve had was 19 points. That was after coming back from 13 down.

If Monroe takes something away, the Burg coaching staff will switch everything up. You wonít see the same team in the second half. The adjustments will take everything you had been successful at away. You may keep it close for a half. After that, all hope is lost. Best chance for Madison is to get up by 10-14 before half.

Columbus Academy took everything away that Burg hung their hat on all year. But when they came out in the second half, they run power o and CA didnít have an answer.

From film, Iíve noticed the swing passes and bubble screen are there. Burg will exploit that. Their athletes can make a guy miss. Madison will have to have flawless open field tackling.
FYI, NOT me.
I have no dog in the fight. No dog in any hs fight, just a hs football fan. As mentioned, have not seen burg in person but understand that if madison limits burgs possessions, meaning they run the ball as they can and limit turnovers, i think they win.
Old 11-19-17, 11:58 PM
Varsity

Madison will come in with a plan to run the ball and control the clock.. and just like the ones that have tried befor them, they will fail. This pirates defense is too good at stopping the run. Only way burg loses is if a team can effectively pass the ball!!!
Old 11-20-17, 12:20 AM
Varsity

yungluca is on a distinguished road
Reading all these comments just makes me shake my head. I understand that you love your team and I don’t underestimate that Wheelersburg is a good team but geesh. 42-7? Really? I hope for nothing more than a some pirates getting kicked to the plank this Friday, solely because of reading comments on here from their fan base. The bigotry from some is ridiculous.
Old 11-20-17, 12:22 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burggrad6 View Post

Madison, stay on your side of the fifty! Unlike Johnstown! Hahaha that coach is dumb!
Ok watch this, they are on their side, and your team crosses over yet their breaking rules? Smh
Old 11-20-17, 03:55 AM
All Ohio

CHS91 is on a distinguished road
Am i the only one here who thinks the Wheelersburg guys are pricks? Yea i said it, who cares. You love your team, we ALL know. We have read 4 pages of trash talk from you people. I think you people need to chill out or take your crap somewhere else.
Old 11-20-17, 07:00 AM
All Ohio

bulldog5704 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bulldog5704
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS91 View Post
Am i the only one here who thinks the Wheelersburg guys are pricks? Yea i said it, who cares. You love your team, we ALL know. We have read 4 pages of trash talk from you people. I think you people need to chill out or take your crap somewhere else.
Seconded! Also, Im confused as to who was supposed to be staying on their side of the 50 in the video posted...seems to me like Wheelersburg ran on the wrong side of the 50.
Old 11-20-17, 07:50 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Awe... so when burg completely dominates the game like the burg fans are saying, does that still make us pricks? Or are we then realist? Every week opposing fan bases get upset about burg fan predictions and reasons for their predictions, but in the end the predictions are correct.
Old 11-20-17, 07:54 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungluca View Post
Ok watch this, they are on their side, and your team crosses over yet their breaking rules? Smh
Really??? They had maybe 40 kids on a hat team. They should have never crossed their 45. Burg has over 80 and we warm up from our 45 in.... both team jog across the 50 and down to their end zone. They decided to be bags and line up on the 50 so you get the respect you earn.. to our house!
Old 11-20-17, 07:57 AM
All District

Quote:
lol. I for one donít care. You can call me whatever you want. Iíve tried to chill a bit. But when I ask a question it seems to not get answered. Iíve just simply stated what I believe will happen this Friday. If you donít like it, oh well.
Old 11-20-17, 08:47 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Really??? They had maybe 40 kids on a hat team. They should have never crossed their 45. Burg has over 80 and we warm up from our 45 in.... both team jog across the 50 and down to their end zone. They decided to be bags and line up on the 50 so you get the respect you earn.. to our house!
It doesn't matter how many kids are on your team when 20 of them actually play. Each team gets to their fifty and your team clearly doesn't respect that, seeing that they crossed over to the other side. Madison will do what it has always done for warm ups, and I truly hope that Wheelersburg can respect their side of the field, otherwise, which I don't want to see, the game might get physical before the first whistle blows.
Old 11-20-17, 08:52 AM
Varsity

Quote:
They have recently upgraded their facilities. Plenty of seats. Great stadium. I think you would enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That away sideline will not even hold half of Madisons crowd lol, there will be a lot of mixing and matching in the stands. hope everything can be clean
Old 11-20-17, 08:58 AM
Varsity

Quote:
That away sideline will not even hold half of Madisons crowd lol, there will be a lot of mixing and matching in the stands. hope everything can be clean
SO in all honesty, is burg fans like to get on here and talk a little trash. At the end of the day we respect our opponents and their fans. The visitor side of the stadium is a decent size and there is plenty of room to stand along the fence. I know burg brings a huge crowd and will fill the home side and have quite a few standing as well! How many do the Mohawks bring?
Old 11-20-17, 08:59 AM
All Region

Pull-to-Trap is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That may be true for CHCA. But I don’t see it on film. They aren’t aggressive on the oline. West Jeff just let them block them. Spent all their time trying to read the play. That’s where the wing t finds its success. But if the dline penetrates it disrupts everything. Follow the pulling tackles and guards, get in the backfield. That’s where Burg will be different than anyone else. They will be in the backfield all night. This will be the best defense Madison has seen all year. They have allowed less than 1000 yards so far this year. I think it’s a little over 900 right now. Our corners are aggressive. Two of the best open field tacklers I’ve ever seen. The linebackers are monsters. They blow up iso’s, leads and disrupt everything in the run game. The db’s will hit low and hard. Madison will have to throw. I could be wrong just like you. But I believe the clock is about to strike midnight on this Cinderella.
You are exactly wrong about the wing-T. The more aggressive the line and LBs the better it works. Please read the pulling guards, key off of them and see what happens. Madison runs the Channel version and there is a converse to every play. Once they get the defense chasing the motion and pulls it gets real interesting. I've coached it and have been watching it for years as well as running chains on the sidelines laughing at coaches making the exact wrong reads and then wondering what happened all game long. Good luck.

PS, I don't think Burg has seen two D-linemen like Madison has in it two juniors with their strength and athleticism. They dominated CHCA's "bigger" guys all game. Penetration disrupts the spread, not the T. And then they get into the backfield on offense and play a little FB, that's fun.....
Old 11-20-17, 09:00 AM
All District

Quote:
They better get there super early. Burg fills the stands early. We tailgate and do all that junk. Lol. I canít wait for this one. Close to home. Good eats all around. Chillicothe is the best host site in southern Ohio.
Old 11-20-17, 09:05 AM
Varsity

Burg will have the smallest, strongest,and most athletic linemen the Mohawks have seen.
Old 11-20-17, 09:07 AM
Varsity

http://www.southeasternohiopreps.com...=206&mode=view
Old 11-20-17, 09:18 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull-to-Trap View Post
You are exactly wrong about the wing-T. The more aggressive the line and LBs the better it works. Please read the pulling guards, key off of them and see what happens. Madison runs the Channel version and there is a converse to every play. Once they get the defense chasing the motion and pulls it gets real interesting. I've coached it and have been watching it for years as well as running chains on the sidelines laughing at coaches making the exact wrong reads and then wondering what happened all game long. Good luck.

PS, I don't think Burg has seen two D-linemen like Madison has in it two juniors with their strength and athleticism. They dominated CHCA's "bigger" guys all game. Penetration disrupts the spread, not the T. And then they get into the backfield on offense and play a little FB, that's fun.....
I guess thatís why Iím not a coach. 😂. I would have already lost the game.

You can say the same about Burgs OL. They arenít huge or big. They are just strong. They can bully just about anyone. You are right about the spread. But pass blocking and run blocking are both an art form. If they both arenít mastered at this stage of the game, it is likely going to send you home. I have complete faith in our kids up front. They have taken on larger lines with ease. The smaller and stronger lines they have also handled well. If they start to struggle to keep them in check the coaches will switch things up. Quicker routes, swing passes and screens. One advantage Wheelersburg is they are 2-3 deep at every position. And when I say every, thatís the truth. We have an all state qb from last year who is 3rd string. He plays other positions now. 5-6 RB. 4-5 WRís. Without drop off. Everyone has their own style too. Some are shifty, some are just fast and others will lower their shoulder and run a man over.

Defensively what you see is what you get. Base 4-2-5. Strong kids. Great tacklers. Itís rare to see them miss one. They have stopped every running game so far this year. And if that holds true this weekend, they will be moving on.

How many kids go both ways for Madison? I know the QB does and a linebacker. But how many all together? That may be where this game is eventually won. Wheelersburg has worn teams down all year.
Old 11-20-17, 09:28 AM
All District

THIS IS FROM HIGHSCHOOLBALL.COM

The Wheelersburg Pirates have their sights set on a state championship as they come into a state semifinal matchup in which they're projected to win 42 - 15 over the Madison Mohawks. It's do or die for each team as always in the postseason. Regardless of the outcome, each team can take comfort in the fact that they had a successful enough season to get here, but only one team will be satisfied with the result as the other's season will end on a loss. The Mohawks, one of the top teams in Division 5, come into the game ranked 11th. The Pirates come in ranked 1st. A new matchup on the schedule for each team, Saturday's game is a chance for each to test its skills and strategies against an unfamiliar opponent. Usually, matchups from the previous year are used in developing a strategy for upcoming games. For these two, no such opportunity will be afforded.

Madison is currently on a 10-game winning streak, which they hope to continue on Saturday. Coming off of a 42 - 7 win against the West Jefferson Roughriders, they are 11-2 and their confidence continues to build as they finish up the year. The Mohawks rank 12th in Division 5 on offense, scoring an average of 38.2. However, over the last 3 weeks, their average is down to 30.33 points per game. On defense, their last few weeks haven't even done justice to how good they've been all season. They've given up 17 points per game over their last 2, down from their average of 13.2, which ranks 7th in their division on the season.

Wheelersburg will look to continue the momentum of their 13-game winning streak, the most recent addition to which was a 34 - 7 win against the Johnstown-Monroe Johnies last week, bringing their record to 13-0. On offense, the Pirates have been one of the best in the state this season, ranking 16th with 42.9 points per game. Recent weeks haven't been quite as explosive as they've averaged 34.33 points per game but they remain one of the most explosive offenses statewide. Their defense has been equally impressive, particularly in recent weeks. Over their last 6 games, they've allowed just 7.33 points per game - that's even better than the shutdown defense they've played all season. On the year, they rank 8th in the state on defense, allowing an average of 7.33 points.
Prediction: Wheelersburg by 27 (97.79% chance of victory)
Old 11-20-17, 09:37 AM
Junior Varsity

Neutron Man is on a distinguished road
As a Long time Pirate Fan, I come to learn early on before i moved to Burg, that the fans here are best compared to Ohio State Fans. Die Hard, Devoted, Defensive, Cocky, Annoying, and One Sided. You wont change that! As a fan if both, i can tell that is 100% spot on.

That does not in any way shape or form describe the way we are as ppl though. To say that Burg guys, Players or Fans, are pricks, well you know nothing about anyone as a person.

I can tell you that Madison stands a VERY good chance at winning this game! Better than 100 other teams that didnt make it this far.
On paper, you lose. On "expert" predictions, you lose. But those mean jack! 11 on 11 is where it will be shown.

Cinderella could move on and get the prize!
I think, your slipper will come off when Burg hits you in the Backfield, time after time after time.

Hope you dont think i am a but i am going to chose my Pirates in this one. If you do....well, if thats what makes you happy and gets you pumped for the game.

BUTTER! BUTTER! BUTTER! TD!!!!
(You'll know soon enough!)

Burg 42
Madison 14
Old 11-20-17, 09:55 AM
All District

14svt is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Omg are you serious They should have ran in back of them Burg just wanted to start something
Old 11-20-17, 09:59 AM
All District

Quote:
SO in all honesty, is burg fans like to get on here and talk a little trash. At the end of the day we respect our opponents and their fans. The visitor side of the stadium is a decent size and there is plenty of room to stand along the fence. I know burg brings a huge crowd and will fill the home side and have quite a few standing as well! How many do the Mohawks bring?
You donít respect other opponents fans
You trash talk before and after the game
Give respect before you get respect
Old 11-20-17, 10:12 AM
All American

serpico is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Who was the loser providing the commentary and booing at the end? I'm guessing something like this guy...

Old 11-20-17, 10:13 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14svt View Post
You donít respect other opponents fans
You got trash talked after the game because thatís what you wanted. You lied for a week about your team and got called out on it. Then after the game you continued to bump your gums. Goes both ways hero.
Old 11-20-17, 10:17 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico View Post
Who was the loser providing the commentary and booing at the end? I'm guessing something like this guy...

And our kids look just like us!
Old 11-20-17, 10:18 AM
Freshman

bleed_blue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You don’t respect other opponents fans
You and other fans take this site and other too serious. Who cares if FANS come on here and talk about their team or other teams. If what people say on here bothers you that much then maybe you should stay off here. What people say or post on here has absolutely no bearing on the outcome of the game. Lighten up Francis life is to short to worry about the way people act on high school fan site.
Old 11-20-17, 10:18 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Omg are you serious They should have ran in back of them Burg just wanted to start something
Couldíve wouldíve shouldíve..... blah blah blah. Your little johnnies shouldnít have been on the 50!
Old 11-20-17, 10:24 AM
All District

Terrible fan base