Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-18-17, 06:12 PM
All World

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
Certainly not by today's standards.
Or by the standards of the time. As evidenced by Moore being banned from the mall because people found it creepy he was lurking around looking for HS girls.
Old 11-18-17, 06:29 PM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
Or by the standards of the time. As evidenced by Moore being banned from the mall because people found it creepy he was lurking around looking for HS girls.
The ban can't be confirmed and is based on rumors basically. And one woman said she complained to her manager (who is dead) about him and the manager said he was banned.

But I saw at least 2 reports where the parents approved of their daughters dating him. So yes, the standards were different then. At least for some.
Old 11-18-17, 06:44 PM
All World

I'm sure some people would approve of their teenager dating a 35 year old now too. That's neither here nor there. The contention is if it was "normal" in the late 70's/early 80's for a 30-something year old guy to lurk around malls and HS football games looking for potential mates from the sophomore and junior class.
Old 11-18-17, 07:13 PM
All Yappi

You brought up lurking around malls and football games. I didn't. I said it was more common in that day and area for older guys to date younger women. You do realize some of those named people were 18 or older right? And out of high school?

It's not my cup of tea and I wouldn't allow my high school aged daughter to date someone that age. But for whatever reason, he liked the age difference. Maybe it's because he went off to college and the service so his peers maybe weren't available when he returned. I don't know. I don't know him personally.

He did marry someone 14 years younger than him though. And was a classmate of one of those people accusing him. For what it's worth, he is still married to her today. So at least he is consistent. Lol

I am not supporting him and don't live in Alabama so I don't have to worry about voting for him or not. I am just a little skeptical about all these allegations based on memories from 40 years ago. Based on the age difference of him and his wife, I would be surprised if he didn't hit on these women. Other than the 14 year old's accusations, it seems harmless.

The 14 year olds accusations are serious. I have no idea if they are true. But he should be presumed innocent until proven guilty. Like you or I would demand if someone from 40 years ago all of a sudden came out of the woodwork to make some serious accusations against us.
Old 11-18-17, 08:14 PM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
Bill yes. I am unaware of Hillary forcing herself on anyone. Trump admitted worse and has 16 accusers....he is tweeting about franken (who kissed a woman and touched a flak jacket)
you mean MOCKINLY groping....as the HACKS from MsNBS were saying.....

I wonder if any the $15 million paid by taxpayers to get rid of sexual harassment charges, were used for GROPING AL and his little bits of trying to be funny
Old 11-18-17, 08:19 PM
All World

Quote:
You brought up lurking around malls and football games. I didn't. I said it was more common in that day and area for older guys to date younger women. You do realize some of those named people were 18 or older right? And out of high school?

It's not my cup of tea and I wouldn't allow my high school aged daughter to date someone that age. But for whatever reason, he liked the age difference. Maybe it's because he went off to college and the service so his peers maybe weren't available when he returned. I don't know. I don't know him personally.

He did marry someone 14 years younger than him though. And was a classmate of one of those people accusing him. For what it's worth, he is still married to her today. So at least he is consistent. Lol

I am not supporting him and don't live in Alabama so I don't have to worry about voting for him or not. I am just a little skeptical about all these allegations based on memories from 40 years ago. Based on the age difference of him and his wife, I would be surprised if he didn't hit on these women. Other than the 14 year old's accusations, it seems harmless.

The 14 year olds accusations are serious. I have no idea if they are true. But he should be presumed innocent until proven guilty. Like you or I would demand if someone from 40 years ago all of a sudden came out of the woodwork to make some serious accusations against us.
I find it interesting that someone can be a specific as some of these women can remember something that happened 40 years ago..

and to all you liberals that seem offended by these actions, your thoughts on BILLY BOY and his actions for years and years of this crap
Old 11-18-17, 08:21 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
Probably the same way they would react to Trumps comments...about grabbing their p*ssy ....
lockeroom talk by two guys in a private talk.....wonder why NBC didn't release that tape while his SHOW was on?
Old 11-18-17, 08:24 PM
All World

Quote:
You have a picture of trump doing that? We have pictures of Al.
and there is TAPE of Groper AL, making abig DEAL about a tweet that a JUDGE did years ago...GROPER said that the JUDGE is not FIT because of a TWEET.....one day before the his crap came out...
Old 11-19-17, 01:02 PM
All World

Quote:
You brought up lurking around malls and football games. I didn't.
This was the start of the conversation thread between us.

Quote:
I don't think a guy in his mid 30's hanging around malls and high school football games to flirt with 11th graders was normal in the 70's
Quote:
Maybe. Maybe not.
My contention is the behavior in my initial post above was not "normal" in the late 70's/early 80's. If you agree with that then cool, we're on the same page.
Old 11-19-17, 11:36 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
This was the start of the conversation thread between us.

My contention is the behavior in my initial post above was not "normal" in the late 70's/early 80's. If you agree with that then cool, we're on the same page.
It was probably more normal than today i.e McConaughey character in Dazed and Confused.
Old 11-20-17, 08:41 AM
All World

HTFF is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
you mean MOCKINLY groping....as the HACKS from MsNBS were saying.....

I wonder if any the $15 million paid by taxpayers to get rid of sexual harassment charges, were used for GROPING AL and his little bits of trying to be funny
Huh. Did Clinton mockingly use a cigar ........oh never mind
Old 11-20-17, 09:17 AM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
It was probably more normal than today i.e McConaughey character in Dazed and Confused.
You guys realize he was in his early 20's when he played that character right?
Old 11-20-17, 09:41 AM
All Yappi

SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
NOW Where does this go?

2nd Woman Comes forward against Al "Groper" Franken.......

Quote:
According to Menz, she attended the Minnesota State Fair with her husband and father in the summer of 2010, almost two years after Franken was elected to the Senate. Her father's small business was sponsoring a local radio booth, and she spent the day meeting various elected officials, political candidates and celebrities and taking photos with them as they stopped by the booth.

When Franken walked in, Menz and her husband, who also spoke with CNN, said they recognized him right away. Menz said she had a brief and cordial exchange with the senator.

Then, as her husband held up her phone and got ready to snap a photo of the two of them, Franken "pulled me in really close, like awkward close, and as my husband took the picture, he put his hand full-fledged on my rear," Menz said. "It was wrapped tightly around my butt cheek."
Quote:
Menz posted the photo with Franken on Facebook at the time, on August 27, 2010. Her sister, Cari Thunker, commented under the photo: "Sorry, but you two aren't Bibles (sic) width apart" -- a reference, Thunker explained to CNN, to how physically close Menz and Franken were in the photo.
Menz responded to her sister on Facebook: "Dude -- Al Franken TOTALLY molested me! Creeper!" (The exchange is visible to Menz's Facebook friends.)
Old 11-20-17, 04:07 PM
All American

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
You guys realize he was in his early 20's when he played that character right?
"That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age." - Roy Moore
Old 11-20-17, 05:33 PM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMCinci View Post
I feel sorry for Al, in my day kissing a strange girl or grabbing her butt was accepted. Of course I am astonishingly good looking.
Old 11-20-17, 06:11 PM
All World

HTFF is on a distinguished road
Am I to understand there is now a second accuser ??
Old 11-20-17, 07:22 PM
All Region

ogealbhain is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeman View Post
I feel sorry for Al, in my day kissing a strange girl or grabbing her butt was accepted. Of course I am astonishingly good looking.
http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-li.../2751966?snl=1
Old 11-20-17, 07:28 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogealbhain View Post
I make Brady look like Franken
Old 11-20-17, 07:33 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I make Brady look like Franken
James Brady??????
Old 11-20-17, 07:45 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMCinci View Post
James Brady??????
Peter Brady.
Old 11-20-17, 07:48 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Peter Brady.
Ma and Marcia wanted me bad
Old 11-20-17, 08:26 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
The trail of astonished faces that you leave in your wake may have a different assessment, Quasimodo........
Old 11-20-17, 08:27 PM
All Yappi

Now look at this degenerate - https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...=.4f3186ed5e9e

Another of BJay's idols ?
Old 11-20-17, 08:35 PM
All Yappi

I'm going to apologize right now - in my HS junior year, just outside of the locker room, I bent at the knees a bit, swung my hips a bit, and flopped my schlong onto the table right next to a stat girl's hand. I got a perfect "slap" sound out of it.

The squeal she let out and her eyes said she liked it at the time, but it seems a few people might be back-tracking lately. I call "no-pervert", just in case.
Old 11-20-17, 10:41 PM
All American

Zunardo is on a distinguished road
Does it count if I kissed Miss America without her consent, back in 1975?

True story. I was a junior at our high school graduation, Laurie Lea Schaefer was the commencement speaker, and I just walked up to her, said, "Forgive me", and planted one on her cheek without asking first. She just blinked and I walked away. Not being a particularly handsome guy, I wanted to be able to say on my deathbed that I'd kissed a beauty queen.
Old 11-21-17, 05:48 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunardo View Post

True story. I was a junior at our high school graduation, Laurie Lea Schaefer was the commencement speaker, and I just walked up to her, said, "Forgive me", and planted one on her cheek without asking first. She just blinked and I walked away. Not being a particularly handsome guy, I wanted to be able to say on my deathbed that I'd kissed a beauty queen.
As long as you call "no pervert", you're fine.
Old 11-21-17, 06:38 AM
All Yappi

USA Today

Okay, now it's just sick and perverted.......

Quote:
Sen. Al Franken, D-Minn., touched Huffington Post co-founder Arianna Huffington on the breast and buttocks during a 2000 photo shoot, The New York Post reported Friday. Huffington said there was nothing "remotely inappropriate" about the photos.

The Post published two photos: one showing Franken touching Huffington as the pair stood back to back, and the other showing Franken grabbing her breast as he hugged her from behind.
Huffington has said it a re-creation of a skit she did with Franken on Politically Incorrect. But you wonder if she'd have done it knowing he was a serial groper, or if it's really a good idea to promote groping as a comedic gag? Can you really have it both ways, believe every sexual advance is an attempt to subjugate women, while at the same time make light of the "physical and mental assault" that males perpetuate on women?

Is it any wonder men sometimes get confused by mixed signals?
Old 11-21-17, 06:43 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunardo View Post

No, but I did fall asleep with Linda Fitts (Miss Florida) back in 1970. She was baby-sitting for me and my sister.
Old 11-21-17, 07:47 AM
All American

19AL63 is on a distinguished road
When asked about then President Bill Clinton and Monica? - Bernie Sanders said "I don't think at this point our goal is to look back 20 years or 30 years. Our goal is to go forward............." My question is: Why our we looking back so far into Moore"s life then?

Now on Al Franken, Sanders said " My understanding is that Al is a very popular Senator. People in Minnesota think he is doing a good job and his future will rest with the people of Minnesota.""

Again a question from me: Then shouldn't Moore's future rest with the people of
Alabama?

WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-21-17, 08:01 AM
All Ohio

Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19AL63 View Post
When asked about then President Bill Clinton and Monica? - Bernie Sanders said "I don't think at this point our goal is to look back 20 years or 30 years. Our goal is to go forward............." My question is: Why our we looking back so far into Moore"s life then?

Now on Al Franken, Sanders said " My understanding is that Al is a very popular Senator. People in Minnesota think he is doing a good job and his future will rest with the people of Minnesota.""

Again a question from me: Then shouldn't Moore's future rest with the people of
Alabama?

WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bernie fights like a Republican (morals and rules and conduct be damned)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: