Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-30-17, 10:26 PM
CoreyAlbertson513 CoreyAlbertson513 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-06-10
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 798
CoreyAlbertson513 is on a distinguished road
Cincinnati Preview from Triple Double Prospects

Greater Cincinnati Preview from Triple Double Prospects is now live.

Division I Team Previews
Divisions II-IV Team Previews
Division I All-City Team
Divisions II-IV All-City Team

Link: https://tripledoubleprospects.com/hs-preview/
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 10-31-17, 06:01 AM
troyboy73 troyboy73 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-12-05
Location: springfield
Posts: 3,239
troyboy73 is on a distinguished road
excellent preview
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-31-17, 09:22 AM
Man Up Man Up is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-02-11
Posts: 297
Man Up is on a distinguished road
Nice work

Last edited by Man Up; 10-31-17 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Add
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-31-17, 11:58 AM
Youknow Youknow is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-06-15
Posts: 328
Youknow is on a distinguished road
well done!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-31-17, 11:59 AM
oxat622 oxat622 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-25-05
Location: Oakley
Posts: 1,386
oxat622
The copy editor inside of me is itching. Why is Jaxson Hayes 6'9" in one mention and 6'10'' in another? Why is Darweshi Hunter 6'3'' in one place and 6'2'' in another?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-31-17, 01:49 PM
CometCountry CometCountry is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-06-05
Posts: 2,434
CometCountry is on a distinguished road
Nice preview Corey--I'm guessing since Pfreim left Roger Bacon and Land left Mason they both will not be available until Moe has played 11 games into the season due to OHSAA transfer rules--any clarity??
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-31-17, 04:42 PM
Carl Rick Carl Rick is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-28-09
Posts: 2,324
Carl Rick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxat622 View Post
The copy editor inside of me is itching. Why is Jaxson Hayes 6'9" in one mention and 6'10'' in another? Why is Darweshi Hunter 6'3'' in one place and 6'2'' in another?
They were measured with and without shoes!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-31-17, 06:40 PM
CoreyAlbertson513 CoreyAlbertson513 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-06-10
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 798
CoreyAlbertson513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxat622 View Post
The copy editor inside of me is itching. Why is Jaxson Hayes 6'9" in one mention and 6'10'' in another? Why is Darweshi Hunter 6'3'' in one place and 6'2'' in another?
I know more about basketball than I do about the elements of style lol.

Thanks for the catch, will update it.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-31-17, 06:41 PM
CoreyAlbertson513 CoreyAlbertson513 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-06-10
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 798
CoreyAlbertson513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometCountry View Post
Nice preview Corey--I'm guessing since Pfreim left Roger Bacon and Land left Mason they both will not be available until Moe has played 11 games into the season due to OHSAA transfer rules--any clarity??
My understanding is that Pfriem does NOT have to sit 11-games. I could be wrong though.

Not sure one way or the other regarding Land's situation.

Deuce McBride is recovering from a football injury; if he misses significant time then we could see more playing time early from Pfriem, Land or other younger players.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-31-17, 09:30 PM
Carl Rick Carl Rick is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-28-09
Posts: 2,324
Carl Rick is on a distinguished road
Why did Pfriem leave RB?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-01-17, 06:49 AM
Vike16 Vike16 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 07-08-15
Posts: 402
Vike16 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxat622 View Post
The copy editor inside of me is itching. Why is Jaxson Hayes 6'9" in one mention and 6'10'' in another? Why is Darweshi Hunter 6'3'' in one place and 6'2'' in another?
Great preview Corey

Darweshi Hunter was listed this summer as 6'4 and Hayes was 6'10. Also I believe Gabe O'Neal was listed at 6'7
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-01-17, 12:37 PM
Carl Rick Carl Rick is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-28-09
Posts: 2,324
Carl Rick is on a distinguished road
Corey,
Are there just a few really good D-1 teams this year?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-01-17, 12:59 PM
CoreyAlbertson513 CoreyAlbertson513 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-06-10
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 798
CoreyAlbertson513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vike16 View Post
Great preview Corey

Darweshi Hunter was listed this summer as 6'4 and Hayes was 6'10. Also I believe Gabe O'Neal was listed at 6'7
I go off of the heights that I write down, not what is on rosters (especially AAU rosters).

Hayes is 6'10

Hunter is 6'2 (maybe 6'3)

I would say O'Neal is 6'6 at most, but I may be wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-01-17, 01:00 PM
CoreyAlbertson513 CoreyAlbertson513 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-06-10
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 798
CoreyAlbertson513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Rick View Post
Corey,
Are there just a few really good D-1 teams this year?
In my opinion, yes!

Moeller is really good (although less good if McBride misses extended time).

Princeton is talented but a lot of young kids that haven't won on varsity level before.

After that it's up for grabs and no one, other than Walnut possibly, has me that excited.

D2-4 is much better with Hughes, Taft, Wyoming, Deer Park and Purcell all having good teams.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-02-17, 11:00 AM
Carl Rick Carl Rick is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-28-09
Posts: 2,324
Carl Rick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyAlbertson513 View Post
In my opinion, yes!

Moeller is really good (although less good if McBride misses extended time).

Princeton is talented but a lot of young kids that haven't won on varsity level before.

After that it's up for grabs and no one, other than Walnut possibly, has me that excited.

D2-4 is much better with Hughes, Taft, Wyoming, Deer Park and Purcell all having good teams.
Thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-02-17, 11:31 AM
hvs1717 hvs1717 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-04-14
Posts: 141
hvs1717 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyAlbertson513 View Post
I go off of the heights that I write down, not what is on rosters (especially AAU rosters).

Hayes is 6'10

Hunter is 6'2 (maybe 6'3)

I would say O'Neal is 6'6 at most, but I may be wrong.
Heights are a crap shoot. Most rosters don't list their kids correctly and are generally about 2 inches too tall in most instances which leaves guy like Corey to have to estimate so each time they see that player the height may vary by an inch or so but it will always be in the correct ball park.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-02-17, 12:21 PM
Carl Rick Carl Rick is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-28-09
Posts: 2,324
Carl Rick is on a distinguished road
Corey,
Any insight on Deer Park? From what was posted on here the Park appears to be a new landing place for transfers.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-02-17, 12:41 PM
CoreyAlbertson513 CoreyAlbertson513 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-06-10
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 798
CoreyAlbertson513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Rick View Post
Corey,
Any insight on Deer Park? From what was posted on here the Park appears to be a new landing place for transfers.
Deer Park has a LOT of talent. And yes, most of their kids are transfers.

Mark Wise was there last year as a freshman and is one of the top sophomores in the state.

Ibrahima Athie and Jalen Rose both return and are among the top ten players in the CHL. The athletic 6'6 kid Joe Hocker was there last year but was hurt. However, yes, all three of these kids began their HS careers at other schools.

Coach Gentry's son Steve Jr. came over from Purcell Marian for his sophomore year, the kid Damani McEntire transferred from Oak Hill Academy (VA).

They also have a couple other above-average role guys for CHL play.

I think that this team will be very good.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-02-17, 01:03 PM
CometCountry CometCountry is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-06-05
Posts: 2,434
CometCountry is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyAlbertson513 View Post
Deer Park has a LOT of talent. And yes, most of their kids are transfers.

Mark Wise was there last year as a freshman and is one of the top sophomores in the state.

Ibrahima Athie and Jalen Rose both return and are among the top ten players in the CHL. The athletic 6'6 kid Joe Hocker was there last year but was hurt. However, yes, all three of these kids began their HS careers at other schools.

Coach Gentry's son Steve Jr. came over from Purcell Marian for his sophomore year, the kid Damani McEntire transferred from Oak Hill Academy (VA).

They also have a couple other above-average role guys for CHL play.

I think that this team will be very good.
From Eagles123 and MooseJaw:

"At least 8 kids there illegally as far as I'm told. Figure it's only a matter of time before someone investigates or blows the whistle.
That's the issue - Deer Park does not have open enrollment. It stinks to high heaven. I've heard 3 or 4 new kids on top of 3 or 4 last year. One got an apartment, others living with them, others not even faking it to live in district- it's a joke and nothing is being done to stop it."

How does this happen when there isn't Open Enrollment at Deer Park--new subdivisions going up?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-06-17, 11:01 AM
Kballer Kballer is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-03-12
Posts: 1,551
Kballer is on a distinguished road
McBride will be missed for part of the season- he's as talented as they come. Pfriem is a great addition- tons of experience in pressure situations and makes it look easy. Davenport should take off this year, too- he's explosive. Not sure why Younkin is mentioned- ikely on JV roster. I hope these guys are allowed to just PLAY- time to change it up and just go full speed, hey have the squad that can handle it
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-06-17, 11:19 AM
Zezzo! Zezzo! is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-17-11
Posts: 1,657
Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyAlbertson513 View Post
In my opinion, yes!

Moeller is really good (although less good if McBride misses extended time).

Princeton is talented but a lot of young kids that haven't won on varsity level before.

After that it's up for grabs and no one, other than Walnut possibly, has me that excited.

D2-4 is much better with Hughes, Taft, Wyoming, Deer Park and Purcell all having good teams.
Dayton D1 is not very strong this year either neither is D2 it's Moeller and Trotwood's region to loose in their respective division. IMO,a rare overall down year in SWO.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-20-17, 03:40 PM
MooseJaw MooseJaw is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-03-14
Posts: 153
MooseJaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kballer View Post
McBride will be missed for part of the season- he's as talented as they come. Pfriem is a great addition- tons of experience in pressure situations and makes it look easy. Davenport should take off this year, too- he's explosive. Not sure why Younkin is mentioned- ikely on JV roster. I hope these guys are allowed to just PLAY- time to change it up and just go full speed, hey have the squad that can handle it
I agree with you but don't bet on it, Coach Kremer is a great coach but you can bet that he will be pumping the brakes as much as he always does.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-20-17, 04:51 PM
Vinegar Vinegar is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 05-02-17
Posts: 79
Vinegar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseJaw View Post
I agree with you but don't bet on it, Coach Kremer is a great coach but you can bet that he will be pumping the brakes as much as he always does.
Hard to tell if Kremer is a great coach! He has 1 coach per kid on his staff....and steals players from other schools at will. He plays with a stacked deck. ANY school that didn't win like him with what he has would have to be embarrassed.

Having said that, he did build the dynasty and it wasn't always that way.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-20-17, 05:29 PM
Kballer Kballer is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-03-12
Posts: 1,551
Kballer is on a distinguished road
oh I think players come quite willingly- as you said, it has become a dynasty.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2017 Division I Schedules EagleFan Archives 66 10-25-17 11:29 AM
2017 Division II Schedules EagleFan Archives 32 10-25-17 11:29 AM
2017 Division III Schedules EagleFan Archives 19 10-25-17 11:29 AM
2017 Division IV Schedules EagleFan Archives 28 10-25-17 11:29 AM
2017 Division V Schedules EagleFan Archives 14 10-25-17 11:29 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz