Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-19-17, 10:09 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Looks like the deal on Goodell is essentially done. I wonder if old Jerry realizes that the manner in which he addressed this helped push the deal along.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-17, 05:58 PM
All World

Chop Stix is an unknown quantity at this point
This Nathan Peterman guy is having a career day in Buffalo.
Old 11-19-17, 05:58 PM
All World

Chop Stix is an unknown quantity at this point
As in he'll likely be changing careers after this game.
Old 11-19-17, 07:44 PM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
As a Vikings fan, and season ticket holder, I'm thrilled they've been able to get out to an 8-2 record without Bradford or Bridgewater at QB, and largely without Cook at RB. The D will keep them in every game. They have the head to head wins over the Saints and Rams. They don't play the Eagles, but I'm hoping the Vikes can get homefield in the NFC and take their chances. The Super Bowl is in their home stadium. I think it will be tough to win it all with Keenum at QB, but that defense is nasty.
Old 11-20-17, 11:38 AM
All Yappi

Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
So in Marshawn Lynch's eyes, America = bad cops, unjust legal system and Mexico= good cops, fair legal system? This is beyond moronic. I don't agree with the protests, but if you're going to do it, at least be consistent in your message.
Old 11-20-17, 12:43 PM
All American

14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb56 View Post
As a Vikings fan, and season ticket holder, I'm thrilled they've been able to get out to an 8-2 record without Bradford or Bridgewater at QB, and largely without Cook at RB. The D will keep them in every game. They have the head to head wins over the Saints and Rams. They don't play the Eagles, but I'm hoping the Vikes can get homefield in the NFC and take their chances. The Super Bowl is in their home stadium. I think it will be tough to win it all with Keenum at QB, but that defense is nasty.
I love to see teams like the Vikings and Eagles win. I'm so tired of the ESPN's and the NFL network shoving the "popular" teams down our throats ever year. Dallas is the Notre Dame of pro football. Every year they are a super bowl contender, but you win on the field in pro football. No hiding.
The Vikings are a great story. You CAN win without a franchise QB. Be balanced on offense, play defense and don't get too cute and you have a shot of winning every week.
Old 11-20-17, 12:48 PM
All American

14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
So in Marshawn Lynch's eyes, America = bad cops, unjust legal system and Mexico= good cops, fair legal system? This is beyond moronic. I don't agree with the protests, but if you're going to do it, at least be consistent in your message.
I really think eventually you are going to see either no anthem played before NFL games, or the teams will just stay in the locker room. It's a bad look for the league to have players protest this way. And they don't want to suspend players for non-football related items as polarizing like this. So like prayer in school, you'll see this eventually go away. My guess is this offseason, you'll see some kind of action.
It's really unfortunate because a guy like Lynch really doesn't understand how fortunate he is to be an American.
Old 11-20-17, 12:54 PM
All Yappi

MontetheCarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Truth be told, he was probably baked and just got confused.
Old 11-20-17, 04:38 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
I really think eventually you are going to see either no anthem played before NFL games, or the teams will just stay in the locker room. It's a bad look for the league to have players protest this way. And they don't want to suspend players for non-football related items as polarizing like this. So like prayer in school, you'll see this eventually go away. My guess is this offseason, you'll see some kind of action.
It's really unfortunate because a guy like Lynch really doesn't understand how fortunate he is to be an American.
Prayer in school is totally difft. There's many difft religions, only one USA. And TBH, I'm done caring about them kneeling, but I can't stomach the idiocy of protesting injustice in the US, then passively accepting what goes on in Mexico. If he pulled this in London, I wouldn't be as annoyed, but Mexico is so beyond corrupt.

This is the kind of society we get with social media, when the people who have the largest impact are athletes or celebrities who barely graduated HS.
Old 11-20-17, 04:47 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
To be fair, the celebrities, athletes, and activists are simply following what is trickling down from certain parts of academia. It's pretty clearly political, not logical. I wouldn't care at all if the NFL decided to stop playing the anthem all together. I could do without it.
Old 11-20-17, 05:29 PM
All World

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Until the Obama dept of defense decided to do the paid patriotism thing, the players were often in the locker room for the anthem. Just go back to that, or don't play the thing at all. Either way works.
Old 11-21-17, 05:48 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
To be fair, the celebrities, athletes, and activists are simply following what is trickling down from certain parts of academia. It's pretty clearly political, not logical. I wouldn't care at all if the NFL decided to stop playing the anthem all together. I could do without it.
Blaming academia is dumb. These are adults capable of making their own decisions. And I'm referring to both athletes and everyday college students.
Old 11-21-17, 12:00 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Blaming academia is dumb. These are adults capable of making their own decisions. And I'm referring to both athletes and everyday college students.
Blaming the source is dumb. Lol

Adults or not, people are easily misled.
Old 11-21-17, 12:50 PM
All District

nutsnbolts is on a distinguished road
Quote:
So adults never make bad decisions?
So you approve of mass murder, suicide bombing, drunk driving, sexual assault, robbery, theft, etc.?
Are those all caused by inherent human traits?
Are those all learned?
Every one of the above-listed attrocities are due to a lack of respect.
Lack of respect for life, for others, for others' property, etc.
Have the liberal press and liberal institutions of 'learning' shown respect for differing views? (and conservative ones as well)
When we allow a disrespectful foundation be laid - ala these nfl protesters - we encourage all levels of disrespect. And then we have selfish individuals branding their interpretation of disrespect as more enlightened than others.
Old 11-21-17, 02:28 PM
All Yappi

Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb56 View Post
Dang didn't know you were a fellow Vikes fan. I'm bracing for another year of playoff disappointment but still happy this team is where they are. Thought they'd only win about 8-10 games this year. Wouldn't mind if they let both Teddy and Keenum hi in the offseason and signed Cousins but that ain't gonna happen.
Old 11-21-17, 02:37 PM
All Yappi

Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
I love to see teams like the Vikings and Eagles win. I'm so tired of the ESPN's and the NFL network shoving the "popular" teams down our throats ever year. Dallas is the Notre Dame of pro football. Every year they are a super bowl contender, but you win on the field in pro football. No hiding.
The Vikings are a great story. You CAN win without a franchise QB. Be balanced on offense, play defense and don't get too cute and you have a shot of winning every week.
The Vikes have quite a tradition of having good teams with crappy QBs then falling short of winning in the playoffs because of it. Christian Ponder, Joe Webb, Tarvaris Jackson, Gus Frerotte, Brad Johnson, Daunte Culpepper all started a playoff game in the last 15 years or so. Then they got 40 year old Brett Favre and almost went to a SB but he threw the stupidest pick of all time. So goddamn depressing
Old 11-24-17, 01:36 PM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
Vikings took control of the NFC North with the win on TG vs Detroit. Was at the game, and every time I'm in US Bank Stadium in Minny, Ford Field in Detroit or Lucas Oil Stadium in Indy, I feel bad for the poor folks in Cleveland. They deserve a first-class facility like those venues. Especially for putting up with the terrible on-field product.

As for the Vikings, they have to keep winning, because even though they hold wins over the Saints and Rams, the friggin Eagles can't seem to lose. I want that NFC championship game in Minny.
Old 11-24-17, 02:06 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Crusaders has bought into the whole academia and media boogeyman being sold. Hes easily influenced.
Old 11-24-17, 02:10 PM
All Yappi

Only a complete idiot would deny what's going on. Not surprised ep hasn't noticed.
Old 11-24-17, 05:19 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Only a complete idiot would deny what's going on. Not surprised ep hasn't noticed.
see? ^^
Old 11-24-17, 05:31 PM
All Yappi

Lol exactly
Old 11-24-17, 05:52 PM
All Yappi

gneiss crusaders.
Old 11-24-17, 06:09 PM
All Yappi

Hoffy purple
Old 11-24-17, 06:14 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Hoffy purple
Good try.
Old 11-24-17, 06:59 PM
All Yappi

I know it's pretty accurate
Old 11-24-17, 07:12 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I know it's pretty accurate
Thanks, I thought the conspiracy theorist comparison was dead on too!
Old 11-25-17, 08:05 AM
All Ohio

nupanther is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Prayer in school is totally difft. There's many difft religions, only one USA. And TBH, I'm done caring about them kneeling, but I can't stomach the idiocy of protesting injustice in the US, then passively accepting what goes on in Mexico. If he pulled this in London, I wouldn't be as annoyed, but Mexico is so beyond corrupt.

This is the kind of society we get with social media, when the people who have the largest impact are athletes or celebrities who barely graduated HS.
About your 'only 1 USA

You make it seem as if everyone sees the USA though the same prism. Of course they do not. The USA looks different from a project kid from Baltimore than the upper middle class businessman from northern Virginia from a isolationist from Idaho. I'm not telling you something new. Just pointing out certain things people tend to dismiss
Old 11-25-17, 01:52 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Need a ruling from Ted on who won that little snark-fest up there.........

....it's so hard to score a chick fight without a hair-pulling takedown or something similar....
Old 11-25-17, 02:08 PM
All Yappi

Homeschool weirdo feels left out, still feels need to play beta to his alpha male, Ted. Lol.
Old 11-25-17, 02:43 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Not hardly. Ted just understands clones better

at feeling left out of a train wreck