Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Archives

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-06-08, 09:41 PM
All Yappi

Edge86 is on a distinguished road
St. Edward 2008

Just wanted to pop my head in to see how the old gang was doing? Didn't see any thread and thought that maybe the Big Green Machine thread might have run out of gas since I left?

WarriorDee,
I hope things are well with you. Your son came to my door a couple months ago and my siberian huskie greeted him. We bought a St.Edward raffle ticket from him and he said he was searching for a Edge86. I told him I haven't heard that name in a long time. He said, You know him? I said, "I should because it's me."

EagleSE,
Need to talk to you sometime soon!

I know things are looking up with a young Eagles football team. Last years undefeated freshman team was loaded with talent. Can anyone give me a potential starting lineup for the 2008 season?

Hope everyone is doing well. St.Ignatius and Harding friends too!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-08, 08:41 AM
War Room

GencoEd is on a distinguished road
All is right in the world today!!!
Old 04-07-08, 09:22 AM
All Yappi

Steel Valley FB is on a distinguished road
Now we're talkin! Let the real banter begin!

p.s. last year i was mentioned by name in the opening post...what gives E86???
Old 04-07-08, 10:56 AM
All Yappi

I fell off the SEMinno and was lost at sea last season. Most people feared I was dead, but was able to make it to a island that wasn't on any charts. Met all these survivors from a plane crash that have been on this lost island for a couple years. Well I finally got off the island even though I was enjoying my time and now I am back to catch up on Eagle football. I missed the entire 2007 season so I will need to hear from the people who have been around.

Genco...nice to hear that the world can be right once a year.

SVFB...didn't know we even had a thread last season. My memory is failing me since I was gone for so long. Do we know each other? Are we friends?

Well fill me in about the team and maybe my memory will return in time.
Old 04-07-08, 11:19 AM
We Want the Wildcats!

(<Cat^Man>) is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Congrats on getting an "Official" 2008 Ed's thread up!

I think you guys are going to seriously turn some major heads this year (but still fall short in the '08 "Holy War") .

Has your very own "BENCHPRESSKING" been OFFICIALLY terminated? His "Official" 2008 Ed's thread doesn't seem to exist anymore for displaying 2 buck naked gay men in a "embrace" in our thread calling us "words/slang" that never needs to be repeated on these boards or any other boards on the ENTIRE internet for that matter. We did get a good for a while, but it was time for him to be OFFICIALLY DELETED/DONE AWAY WITH!.

Good luck to the '08 Eagles other than week 10!

O Yea, Congrats on making the D-1 hoop STATE TITLE GAME (W/O Delvon)!...That just shows what a GREAT hoop program you guys got going on & what a GREAT coach Flannery is (dead serious). I seriously can't believe they went THAT far without D. Roe!

EDIT: Nevermind, "TBPK" still has his thread/posts on page 2. I would advise you, Edge, on changing the title of the thread to "Official" since people/posters will know where to look/post (& not in TBPK's "lame azz attempt to be serious" thread)!

Last edited by (<Cat^Man>); 04-07-08 at 11:38 AM..
Old 04-07-08, 03:23 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by (<Cat^Man>) View Post
Congrats on getting an "Official" 2008 Ed's thread up!

I think you guys are going to seriously turn some major heads this year (but still fall short in the '08 "Holy War") .

Has your very own "BENCHPRESSKING" been OFFICIALLY terminated? His "Official" 2008 Ed's thread doesn't seem to exist anymore for displaying 2 buck naked gay men in a "embrace" in our thread calling us "words/slang" that never needs to be repeated on these boards or any other boards on the ENTIRE internet for that matter. We did get a good for a while, but it was time for him to be OFFICIALLY DELETED/DONE AWAY WITH!.

Good luck to the '08 Eagles other than week 10!

O Yea, Congrats on making the D-1 hoop STATE TITLE GAME (W/O Delvon)!...That just shows what a GREAT hoop program you guys got going on & what a GREAT coach Flannery is (dead serious). I seriously can't believe they went THAT far without D. Roe!

EDIT: Nevermind, "TBPK" still has his thread/posts on page 2. I would advise you, Edge, on changing the title of the thread to "Official" since people/posters will know where to look/post (& not in TBPK's "lame azz attempt to be serious" thread)!
CatMan,

I don't think I ever talked to you so you must be someone new over the last year here on Yappi. As for this benchpressking I have no idea who he is either. I am guessing you are both students at Ed's and Iggy.

As for official, I think the posters who know me will take it as the official St.Edward football thread since I started 2003-2006. Just take a look in the archives of Yappi and you will find all those threads saved.

Hopefully we will get some quality people on here posting like in the past.

Can anyone post the 2008 schedule for me. I heard the Eagles have a full 10 game schedule for the first time in several years.
Old 04-07-08, 05:13 PM
All Ohio

edssports is on a distinguished road
Here is the schedule:
8/23 Home Strongsville
8/30 Home Euclid
9/06 Home Woodson
9/13 Home Akron Firestone
9/20 Away Cincinnatti Elder
9/27 Home Benedictine
10/3 Away Erie Cathedral Prep
10/11 Home Cincinnatti St. Xavier
10/18 Away Cincinnatti Moeller
10/25 Away The School across from Wendy's

I think we will be much improved from last year. I think we will be a year away from making some noise unless some of the freshman from last year can make an immediate impact. I think the future looks great though.
Old 04-07-08, 05:53 PM
All Yappi

edssports,

Thanks for the schedule. On paper it looks to be a tough schedule, especially the second half of the season. I would be really happy with a 8-2 record from a very young team. Going 7-3 probably gets them in the playoffs.
Old 04-07-08, 06:34 PM
All Yappi

[QUOTE=Edge86;3044584]SVFB...didn't know we even had a thread last season. My memory is failing me since I was gone for so long. Do we know each other? Are we friends?[QUOTE]

"Friend" is such an overused and loosely-thrown word these days.
Old 04-07-08, 06:35 PM
All Ohio

Yes its definitely a tough schedule. I am thinking more on the lines of 7-3 or 6-4 and i think both will be enough to get in the playoffs. They have all the skill position players back on offense just have to fill in the holes on the line. I am not sure of the talent on the Jv line but i know the freshman had some very good offensive lineman. It depends how they develop in the offseason. The d will need to replace some linebackers, but i think this team will better than most people think.
Old 04-07-08, 07:10 PM
All Yappi

EaglePride01 is on a distinguished road
Potential starting lineup (fellow posters fill in the blanks):

QB-Alex Lavisky
RB- Goodwin (probably a combo of Goodwin, Staples, Woods)
WR-Jeff Burke
WR-Max Warren
OL-Fred Hilow
OL-Tom Horton
OL-
OL-
OL-
TE-

DL-David Browne
DL-
DL-
DL-
LB- Brian Boland
LB-
LB-
CB-Seth Cunningham
CB-Latwan Anderson
SS-
FS-

I lost my program, but these are the guys I could remember off the top of my head who either started or saw significant playing time last year.

As far as the schedule goes, I think I remember someone saying Woodson (D.C.) is out, but there is a replacement. Any idea who? Also, shouldn't Moeller be coming up to Lakewood to play this year?
Old 04-07-08, 07:32 PM
All American

ams eds fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglePride01 View Post

QB-Alex Lavisky
WR-Jeff Burke
WR-Max Warren
OL-Fred Hilow
OL-Tom Horton
OL-
OL-
OL-
TE-

DL-David Browne
DL-
DL-
DL-
LB- Brian Boland
LB-
LB-
CB-Seth Cunningham
CB-Latwan Anderson
SS-
FS-

I lost my program, but these are the guys I could remember off the top of my head who either started or saw significant playing time last year.

As far as the schedule goes, I think I remember someone saying Woodson (D.C.) is out, but there is a replacement. Any idea who? Also, shouldn't Moeller be coming up to Lakewood to play this year?
I heard Latwan Anderson might not be back next year. IDK for sure though.

I hope that Coach Nedz can settle on one primary RB. I really think Goodwin was way under utilized last season. Not to mention the fact no back could get some rhythm going.
Old 04-07-08, 08:33 PM
All Yappi

The only one on EP01's list with any potential is the second WR.
Old 04-07-08, 09:10 PM
All District

bgageus
Quote:

Woodson is closing this year and will be rebuilt, The students will move to a local vacant middle school (the plan at this point in time, it seems to change monthly). Not sure what this means for their Athletic dept, whether staying the same or merging with another DCPS High School, is not yet known to me.
Old 04-07-08, 10:13 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ams eds fan View Post
I heard Latwan Anderson might not be back next year. IDK for sure though.
I hope that Coach Nedz can settle on one primary RB. I really think Goodwin was way under utilized last season. Not to mention the fact no back could get some rhythm going.
I would imagine that could have a lot to do with the depth we have at tailback right now. That would be a shame as he looked like a natural corner to me when he was played at the nickel spot last year. Hopefully the staff can convince him to stay. I assume they have him penciled in as one of the starting corners already. I was looking forward to having both him and Cunningham locking down the edges for the next two seasons.
Old 04-07-08, 10:21 PM
We Want the Wildcats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge86 View Post
CatMan,

I don't think I ever talked to you so you must be someone new over the last year here on Yappi. As for this benchpressking I have no idea who he is either. I am guessing you are both students at Ed's and Iggy.

As for official, I think the posters who know me will take it as the official St.Edward football thread since I started 2003-2006. Just take a look in the archives of Yappi and you will find all those threads saved.

Hopefully we will get some quality people on here posting like in the past.

Can anyone post the 2008 schedule for me. I heard the Eagles have a full 10 game schedule for the first time in several years.
I'm not a current student @ Iggy, I graduated more than a few years ago FWIW. Now "BENCHPRESSKING" on the other hand is obviously in the 13-14 year old range.

I gotcha on the "official" & whatnot regarding the thread. I've been on hear for 1 year & I've never seen a poster as immature/obnoxious/degrading/
ignorant/delusional as "BPK" who "claims" he is one of your own. He tried to start a 2008 Eagle football thread and needless to say, it wasn't takin' too seriously...
Old 04-08-08, 10:20 AM
U.S. American

sehs95 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

QB-Alex Lavisky
WR-Jeff Burke
WR-Max Warren
OL-Fred Hilow
OL-Tom Horton
OL-
OL-
OL-
TE-

DL-David Browne
DL-
DL-
DL-
LB- Brian Boland
LB-
LB-
CB-Seth Cunningham
CB-Latwan Anderson
SS-
FS-

Mike Greene and Brad Weisenseel also return as starters on the DL.
Old 04-09-08, 09:39 AM
Freshman

eaglefan32 is on a distinguished road
Starters

QB-Alex Lavisky
WR-Jeff Burke
WR-Max Warren
OL-Fred Hilow
OL-Mark Horton
OL-
OL-
OL-Jacob Schwertner
TE-

DL-David Browne
DL-Mike Green
DL-Brad Weisenseel
DL-
LB- Brian Boland
LB-
LB-
CB-Seth Cunningham
CB-Latwan Anderson
SS-
FS-

i added a few (thats all i know)
Old 04-09-08, 10:04 AM
All District

InTheCircle is on a distinguished road
Could the Freshmen Jackson (OL) make the starting line-up next year. He is over 300lbs.

And what about the track hurdler, Larsen (WR), he was out all last year with a fractured bone is his back. I know he had good sophomore year at wide out. I see he is back on the track, and doing quite well, but will he be a starter next year?
Old 04-09-08, 10:36 AM
All Yappi

When people list potential starters for 2008 please list next to the name freshman, sophomore, junior or senior. Just curious how young this team could be.

Thanks
Old 04-09-08, 02:52 PM
All World

eaglepride is on a distinguished road
http://blog.cleveland.com/tlr/2008/0...coach_sel.html

Congrats to Coach Flannery on being selected as an assistant coach in the Jordan Brand All Star Classic!
Old 04-09-08, 06:18 PM
All Ohio

ThisNThat is on a distinguished road
The Eagles should be much improved this season and should get back in the playoff picture. They will not be at the level of Iggy or Solon but will be a lower seed in region1.
Old 04-09-08, 07:06 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge86 View Post
When people list potential starters for 2008 please list next to the name freshman, sophomore, junior or senior. Just curious how young this team could be.

Thanks
Here is what they will be next season:

QB-Alex Lavisky (Jr)
RB- Goodwin (Sr) (probably a combo of Goodwin, Staples (Jr), Woods (Jr))
WR-Jeff Burke (Sr)
WR-Max Warren (Sr)
OL-Fred Hilow (Sr)
OL-Mark Horton (Sr)
OL-
OL-
OL-Jacob Schwertner (Jr)
TE-

DL-David Browne (Sr)
DL-Mike Green (Sr)
DL-Brad Weisenseel (Sr)
DL-
LB- Brian Boland (Sr)
LB-
LB-
CB-Seth Cunningham (Jr)
CB-Latwan Anderson (Jr)
SS-
FS-
Old 04-09-08, 07:27 PM
We Want the Wildcats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisNThat View Post
The Eagles should be much improved this season and should get back in the playoff picture. They will not be at the level of Iggy or Solon but will be a lower seed in region1.
I honestly think they will be just as good as Solon, if not better (probably better IMHO)...

The Eagles will get a low seed in R1 just for playing a murderer's row schedule in '08 (not because of how good/bad they are).

I always applaud my "Holy" rivals for going through a COMPLETE "Gauntlet" in the reg. season .
Old 04-10-08, 01:55 AM
Junior Varsity

F/Bball
here is my take
QB-Lavisky jr.
RB-Goodwin sr., Woods jr.
FB-Bates so.
OL-Hillow sr.
OL-Horton sr.
OL-Card jr.
OL-Wolf jr.
OL-Shwertner jr.
TE- ?
WR-Burke sr.
WR-Nate Stanley jr.WR-Warren sr.
WR-Latwan anderson jr.

DE-wiesenseal sr.
DT-browne sr.
DT-greene sr.
DE-Basalla sr.
LB-boland sr.
LB-caruso sr.
LB-haney jr.
LB-corcoran jr.
LB-staples jr.
CB-cunningham jr.
CB-prunty jr.
CB-baker so.
S-L. Anderson jr.
S-J. Wooley sr.
Old 04-10-08, 09:19 AM
Freshman

I hope that Coach Nedz can settle on one primary RB. I really think Goodwin was way under utilized last season. Not to mention the fact no back could get some rhythm going.[/QUOTE]

I dont think its tht he was underutilized, he has had a history of knee problems and was banged up. Nedz did a good job of using the youth to give goodwin rest
Old 04-10-08, 09:21 AM
Freshman

Back-to-Back

I'm not sure if they can pull it off this year, but when the class of '10 are seniors and when the class of '11 are seniors they are gonna be VERY tough to beat
Old 04-10-08, 01:59 PM
All Ohio

There will be some sophmores getting some solid minutes next year. I know the jv team didnt have the sophmores last year that were playing varsity, but the freshman team put it to them and the freshman offensive starters only played in the first 2 series (dont know about the defense)which resulted in 14 points. Dont be so quick to put in all juniors and seniors in that starting lineup for next year.
Old 04-10-08, 03:24 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by edssports View Post
There will be some sophmores getting some solid minutes next year. I know the jv team didnt have the sophmores last year that were playing varsity, but the freshman team put it to them and the freshman offensive starters only played in the first 2 series (dont know about the defense)which resulted in 14 points. Dont be so quick to put in all juniors and seniors in that starting lineup for next year.
edsport,

Can you name a sophomore or two in your opinion who you think could make some type of impact on the varsity in 2008?
Old 04-10-08, 03:56 PM
All Ohio

On offense you have the running back marrero, on the offensive line you have three very talented players in Jackson, Mogus and Rivera. The wr last Mcmanamon had at least 12 td receptions last year. Both D-ends Miller and Bailey were tough. S. Mcmanamon on the d-line was a beast. Mohline at Lb and Baker at the CB. Im sure there are more that i didnt list, but again this depends on how they developed over the year, but i think that some will see some playing time. Neds has to win now, he got a mulligan for last year due to the circumstances( new system, loss of lots of seniors).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: