Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-11-19, 01:40 PM
All American

Zunardo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiopup View Post
I think you have got some 'bull' here; misinformation from what ever source which in itself
may have been misinformed, misquoted, or misread.

The usual slag or jargon would be 'Full Bird Colonel'
Lol. You may be right.

I had seen "full bird" colonel before, that's why the "full bull" term threw me. Of course, it might have been a book typo, which I have spotted on occasion. One of Clancy's proofreaders was probably fed up that day.
Old 04-11-19, 02:45 PM
All American

FootballFan1795 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunardo View Post
Had a roommate at OSU in 1980-81 who would play the B-52's "Rock Lobster" on his tinny little phonograph over and over and over. One morning he played the soundtrack from "Xanadu" for 3 hours.

Usually I'd respond by cranking up my superior 45-watt component system and playing Judas Priest's "Unleased In The East" LP.
Same. Kids in the next dorm room liked playing their rap music a little too loud. Eventually, my roommate and I placed my big ol’ stereo speakers right up against (and facing) the wall separating our rooms and blasted The Dead Kennedys for about a half hour. Neighbors never played their rap music too loud again, lol.
Old 04-11-19, 04:17 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballFan1795 View Post
Same. Kids in the next dorm room liked playing their rap music a little too loud. Eventually, my roommate and I placed my big ol’ stereo speakers right up against (and facing) the wall separating our rooms and blasted The Dead Kennedys for about a half hour. Neighbors never played their rap music too loud again, lol.
Ouch!

The difficult problem with my roommate was that we were in the same room. Ever seen the "suites" in Lincoln and Morrill towers by OSU stadium? Four of us in a room, with two sets of bunk beds separated by 10 feet. His record player was by his bed, I was at the other end of the room with my stereo by mine.

But that reminds me - one of the guys in our suite brought in a record, and we played it on my stereo. The guy says, "hey, check this out - it's called rap music". Turned out to be "Rapper's Delight" by The Sugarhill Gang. We were nodding and smiling and tapping our feet for the first 4 verses, saying, "rap - yeath, that's catchy". But after the 5th or 6th verse we're looking at our watches and telling the guy "Doesn't this darn thing ever end or ever go anywhere?"

I probably put "Kiss Alive!" on the turntable immediately afterward to get back in the proper frame of mind.
Old 04-12-19, 06:58 AM
All Region

Diva is on a distinguished road
The albums I listened to over and over were by Heart. I don't believe I've seen them on ohiopup's list yet. Such good music on the 70s! Journey, Streisand's "Superman" album is what I use to warm up to this day. Also, "The Divine Miss M" was constantly on the turntable in college in my room. I did two of her songs in high school, "Delta Dawn" and "Higher and Higher". I miss the music of the 70s. I don't even listen to today's stuff.

Anyone familiar with Fiona?

Great story, Zunardo! Did he answer any questions with "Put ze candle beck!"? I've memorized that movie.

One of the guitar players we've played with claims to be the guy who yelled "ALL NIGHT!" during one of Frampton's solos. Possibly in "Do You Feel Like I Do?" That was also an album that got a lot of play on my stereo with the pretty blue lights on it. I was so proud to have bought that little thing with my own money.

I'm going in for an MRI this morning on my Achilles tendon. I tore it a little over a month ago and it's not healing as quickly as I'd like. No running around town for a few months as I try to get back on my feet, literally.

Tonight is our annual talent show at church. Hubby and I are doing "Cinnamon Girl" and Halestorm's version of Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance". It's a tough one to sing but really fun, and Greg loves playing it. He does back up vocals. The words make no sense at all but most people don't listen to lyrics.

Last edited by Diva; 04-12-19 at 07:17 AM.
Old 04-12-19, 07:19 AM
All American

Bevo is on a distinguished road
Diva - Heart is going to be in Cincinnati and at Blossom this summer.

Last I heard the girls were not speaking; guess they are still singing.

Does anyone know know the singer Sara Evans? Going to see her tomorrow night.

Last edited by Bevo; 04-12-19 at 12:32 PM.
Old 04-12-19, 07:41 AM
All American

A little searching reveals that the ladies are doing 39 stops this summer. They are sharing the bill with Joan Jett (and The Blackhearts), Brandi Carlyle (love her!), Sheryl Crowe and someone else. Sort of a coin flip as to who the extra artist is at each stop.

Will be in Cincinnat on July 27 and at Bloosom on August 4.

I believe everyone in the universe has seen it but per chance you haven't, check out the gals and a host of other great musicians doing Stairway to Heaven with Zeppelin in the balcony at a Kennedy Center tribute. Still gives me chills and as they say, "Turn it up, way up!"

These babes have rocked forever; back in the day when we were dirty, middle - age men, Nancy made one of our (mine) first hot babe list. Still smokin today and she can flat out play!!

If you haven't seen the performance mentioned, check it out.
Old 04-12-19, 08:14 AM
All Yappi

ohiopup is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
I believe everyone in the universe has seen it but per chance you haven't, check out the gals and a host of other great musicians doing Stairway to Heaven with Zeppelin in the balcony at a Kennedy Center tribute. Still gives me chills and as they say, "Turn it up, way up!"

These babes have rocked forever; back in the day when we were dirty, middle - age men, Nancy made one of our (mine) first hot babe list. Still smokin today and she can flat out play!!

If you haven't seen the performance mentioned, check it out.
This one?

The big Blimps...

:>---

EGA

P.S. I think I'm going to go out and buy a black Derby hat.

Last edited by ohiopup; 04-12-19 at 08:27 AM. Reason: x614 / added PS
Old 04-12-19, 08:31 AM
All American

Jason Bonham on the drums, the guy on lead guitar, the singers, Nancy being Nancy (kick that leg up girl!) Wow!! I believe the boys were impressed.

Last edited by Bevo; 04-12-19 at 01:04 PM.
Old 04-12-19, 09:58 AM
All American

Who doesn’t know every word to that song, right?

Kinda funny seeing the Obamas jammin’ to Zeppelin.

Can’t imagine how intimidating that would be to have to play Jimmy Page’s guitar riffs right in front of him!

Remember watching a 2008 documentary with Jimmy Page, the Edge (of U2), and Jack White (of The White Stripes, The Raconteurs, and The Dead Weather) coming together for a jam session and to swap stories about their musical influences. You could tell that all three truly love music, and it was clear, throughout the movie, that the Edge and Jack White were in awe of Page:

Old 04-12-19, 10:23 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballFan1795 View Post
Can’t imagine how intimidating that would be to have to play Jimmy Page’s guitar riffs right in front of him!
Intimidating, but a cool thing to scratch off your bucket list.

Can't find it now, but I did see a Youtube video of the Foo Fighters playing Rush's "Tom Sawyer" in a rehearsal hall setting - with the members of Rush standing by. Taylor Hawkins does a decent job replicating Neil Peart's signature drumming, but on a somewhat smaller kit - and with Neil doing his best not to wince too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
I'm going in for an MRI this morning on my Achilles tendon. I tore it a little over a month ago and it's not healing as quickly as I'd like. No running around town for a few months as I try to get back on my feet, literally.
Ouch! Been there, excepted I ruptured mine at the age of 34 playing softball. Didn't have surgery until 2.5. months later, but three months after that I was jogging on it. Hope yours heals quickly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Great story, Zunardo! Did he answer any questions with "Put ze candle beck!"? I've memorized that movie.
Ha ha - good one! If he had any essay answers to write, he probably came up with this:

Old 04-12-19, 12:35 PM
All American

Heart (and the rest of the players) just kill it!

Nancy, I want to live in your hair!

Crazy On You.

Last edited by Bevo; 04-12-19 at 01:07 PM.
Old 04-12-19, 01:07 PM
All American

Johnstown Benny is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Diva - heart is going to be in Cincinnati and at Blossom this summer.

Last I heard the girls were not speaking; guess they are still singing.

Does anyone know know the singer Sara Evans? Going to see her tomorrow night.
Bevo,

I think you will enjoy seeing/hearing Sara Evans in concert tomorrow night.

Mrs. JB and I, along with another couple, saw Sara Evans here in concert at the Lima Civic and Convention Center on February 15, 2014 as a "post" Valentines Day present to our wives. I had to check my concert ticket collection to verify the exact date, but I did remember that we saw her the day after Valentines Day, I just was a bit foggy on what year we saw her.

My best friend's wife was a huge fan of Sara Evans and I and Mrs.JB were unfamiliar with her at all, mainly because we don't listen to C/W music as much as we used to prior to moving to Lima. I was really into the Outlaw genre back in the late 60's and early 70's with Waylon, Willie, and the Boys and especially Kris Kristofferson early on in his career. Still enjoy Ray Wylie Hubbard and catch him in concert anytime he's within a 2 hour drive from here.

Back to Sara Evans. . . .I didn't know any of her songs, but she was very good, had a terrific band, and very personable with the audience. She talked a lot about growing up in Missouri, her kids, and life in general. When we saw her 5 years ago she was very easy on the eyes and would qualify as a "Hottie" on your ranking scale I'll bet, lol. Hopefully, the last five years have been good for her. If I recall, she wrote much of her material which was impressive.

She also is married to Jay Barker, who was the QB at Alabama back in the early 90's and he led the ' Tide to the National Championship in the '93 Sugar Bowl with a win over Miami (FL). Since this is a Sports Forum, thought I would toss out that sports trivia for 'ya.

I'll be interested in hearing your thoughts on the concert. Enjoy the show.

JB
Old 04-12-19, 02:24 PM
All American

Hey, that sounds good! Got in the ticket line late. The venue probably seats around 1,200; very intimate and ornate.

Anyway about the tickets - there were a few all the way in the back of the balcony and three in the second row, VIP seats. Our daughter is going so I thought, why not. From that distance Sara will be easy on these old eyes, I'm sure.

We saw Rosanne Cash and The Spoonful, same place, same row. Going to be a sell out. I will be live from the lip of the stage!

I am going to put together for you all a list of the acts we have seen in that small town theater. We did not go this year but the following performers were featured this season: we did see Louie Anderson; Blue Oyster Cult, Michael McDonald, Beatles Vs. Stones, The Buckinghams, Righteous Brothers; et. al

Last edited by Bevo; 04-12-19 at 08:49 PM.
Old 04-12-19, 02:35 PM
All American

Quote:
Intimidating, but a cool thing to scratch off your bucket list.

Can't find it now, but I did see a Youtube video of the Foo Fighters playing Rush's "Tom Sawyer" in a rehearsal hall setting - with the members of Rush standing by. Taylor Hawkins does a decent job replicating Neil Peart's signature drumming, but on a somewhat smaller kit - and with Neil doing his best not to wince too much.
Without going to A&E for the full TV episode, this is the best video I could find of Brown Sabbath (or Brownout) playing for Ozzy, on Ozzy & Jack's World Detour:

Old 04-12-19, 04:11 PM
All World

EagleGuy is on a distinguished road
Spoiler Alert - Or Not

Oh my...

I recognize this song.

I started listening to Music Choice's Pop & Country channel recently. Not overly impressed, especially with the country offerings of today - not that I'm a big country fan. Maybe, that's a big reason.

*** Since Yappi's letting me edit this post a day later (rhyme or reason?), I will add: Killer smile!*** Have not heard the song for a good while, but I absolutely love it!!!

Last edited by EagleGuy; 04-13-19 at 07:02 PM.
Old 04-12-19, 08:51 PM
All American

Oh my is right - just a taste.
Old 04-13-19, 05:58 AM
All Region

Sara went through a big bad divorce several years ago. I used to watch her and all the other country stars on the country music channel when we had cable. I actually like today's country. Can't stand the old stuff. I like the story telling. Same old story, but I still like it.

I think "It Might Get Loud" would be great to watch. I would have liked to see Joe Perry in there. I consider him much more successful than Jack White.

In the list of best guitar players in the world, Nancy Wilson wasn't on it. That's so ridiculous! The Wilsons had a falling out when Ann's husband's choked Nancy's son(s?). The guy has a horrible temple, apparently. Ann went off and did her own tour, but I can't see them playing without the other. Such a sad way to end up.
Old 04-13-19, 06:48 AM
All American

Diva - you mentioned Fiona. Is that Fiona Apple? I saw a clip of her once with Elvis Costello on some show doing What's so funny About Peace, Love And Understanding. They burned it down! I have never been able to find that clip since.
Old 04-13-19, 08:53 AM
All American

Quote:
Diva - you mentioned Fiona. Is that Fiona Apple? I saw a clip of her once with Elvis Costello on some show doing What's so funny About Peace, Love And Understanding. They burned it down! I have never been able to find that clip since.
Think that was VH1 Classic's "Decades Rock Live" 2006 concert series. Could only find a trailer with highlights of Costello and Apple singing a few songs together and a short bit at the end of the trailer, where the entire lineup of musicians (including Elvis Costello, Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day, Fiona Apple and Death Cab For Cutie) sing Costello's "(What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love And Understanding."

Fiona Apple - Criminal

Old 04-13-19, 11:33 AM
All American

FootballFan1795 Nice job! That's it!! Love the song and really enjoy Elvis and his band.

Rock on, Fiona!!! You will be explored more...in a good way.
Old 04-13-19, 07:08 PM
All World

Quote:
FootballFan1795 Nice job! That's it!! Love the song and really enjoy Elvis and his band.

Rock on, Fiona!!! You will be explored more...in a good way.
Naughty girl.
Old 04-14-19, 12:14 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Lol. You may be right.

I had seen "full bird" colonel before, that's why the "full bull" term threw me. Of course, it might have been a book typo, which I have spotted on occasion. One of Clancy's proofreaders was probably fed up that day.

I'd have to read the book and see the context in which the phrase was used...
... Here's Mr. Joel on being right!

His personal fav #3 song

TLHFCKOCTBCR
Old 04-14-19, 12:37 PM
All American

Sara Evans - live at the Ritz Theater Tiffin,, Ohio April 13!

The joint was rocking, crying and jumping as Sara and her band pounded out an eclectic blend of sentimental, angry and grinding rock during her 90 minute set.

As mentioned, a very hot, attractive woman; just a tad slinky and dangerous. Excellent chops and a strong voice that held notes forever. Very much having fun and a polished performer.

Her band included her 19-year old son on guitar and her sister as a back up singer.

The band was extremely tight, the back drop set was funky with lines and indecipherable drawings - mostly light blue. They ran through their first four tunes in smoldering fashion before Sara stopped to talk. "Where Am I?!

The group had played in Virginia the night before and has a 4:00 show today in Jackson, Mi. I would guess that the Ritz gets a lot of its acts in this way when bands /performers can pick up "expense" money enroute from one mid-size venue to another.

We were in the second row, two seats from the inside aisle and she played the front of the stage all night and was dancing around everywhere. She was eight feet in front of us on a three foot high stage. She did Crazy by Patsy and the crowd went nuts - not my kind of stuff.

Could see her really well and was as close as talking to someone across the room - real close. Saw her eyes mist up on a couple of heart ache songs. You could actually tell when she was looking at us. Did I say she was hot in her leather pants and off the shoulders blouse that apparently had hidden buttons. Show business!!

She talked to the crowd frequently and got all of us clapping most of the night. She was doing boom town business n the lobby with her merchandise.

We dropped $240 for three tickets; for another $300 we could have done the back stage meet and greet with snacks and whatever else. Two absolutely monstrous buses parked aside the building.

She's 48 or 49 and still has it going on and her voice, like I said, is very powerful.

Since I didn't even know who she was four days ago, I was very impressed but did not know most her of her music. She can do light and ache very well but she and the band can rock you to the core. Lot of sisters in the house to hear her "man warning" songs, I guess. If you read some of her bio, you will see why.

She did one pre-planned encore - a 25 minute blistering combo of Pink's Shut Up And Dance With Me and Cyndi Lauper's Girls Just Want To Have Fun.

I wished that she had come down the one step between the stage and the floor. She would have been two feet from me. I ask my wife why she thought that Sara didn't do that and said because she's afraid guys like you will start grabbing her!!! Probably not.

Check her video of Shut Up And Dance with Me. Gives you a good flavor of her show. Would definitely go again.

Last edited by Bevo; 04-14-19 at 12:51 PM.
Old 04-14-19, 02:58 PM
All Region

Sounds like a good show, Bevo
Old 04-14-19, 07:33 PM
All World

Quote:
Sara Evans - live at the Ritz Theater Tiffin,, Ohio April 13!

The joint was rocking, crying and jumping as Sara and her band pounded out an eclectic blend of sentimental, angry and grinding rock during her 90 minute set.

As mentioned, a very hot, attractive woman; just a tad slinky and dangerous. Excellent chops and a strong voice that held notes forever. Very much having fun and a polished performer.

Her band included her 19-year old son on guitar and her sister as a back up singer.

The band was extremely tight, the back drop set was funky with lines and indecipherable drawings - mostly light blue. They ran through their first four tunes in smoldering fashion before Sara stopped to talk. "Where Am I?!

The group had played in Virginia the night before and has a 4:00 show today in Jackson, Mi. I would guess that the Ritz gets a lot of its acts in this way when bands /performers can pick up "expense" money enroute from one mid-size venue to another.

We were in the second row, two seats from the inside aisle and she played the front of the stage all night and was dancing around everywhere. She was eight feet in front of us on a three foot high stage. She did Crazy by Patsy and the crowd went nuts - not my kind of stuff.

Could see her really well and was as close as talking to someone across the room - real close. Saw her eyes mist up on a couple of heart ache songs. You could actually tell when she was looking at us. Did I say she was hot in her leather pants and off the shoulders blouse that apparently had hidden buttons. Show business!!

She talked to the crowd frequently and got all of us clapping most of the night. She was doing boom town business n the lobby with her merchandise.

We dropped $240 for three tickets; for another $300 we could have done the back stage meet and greet with snacks and whatever else. Two absolutely monstrous buses parked aside the building.

She's 48 or 49 and still has it going on and her voice, like I said, is very powerful.

Since I didn't even know who she was four days ago, I was very impressed but did not know most her of her music. She can do light and ache very well but she and the band can rock you to the core. Lot of sisters in the house to hear her "man warning" songs, I guess. If you read some of her bio, you will see why.

She did one pre-planned encore - a 25 minute blistering combo of Pink's Shut Up And Dance With Me and Cyndi Lauper's Girls Just Want To Have Fun.

I wished that she had come down the one step between the stage and the floor. She would have been two feet from me. I ask my wife why she thought that Sara didn't do that and said because she's afraid guys like you will start grabbing her!!! Probably not.

Check her video of Shut Up And Dance with Me. Gives you a good flavor of her show. Would definitely go again.
Your better half seems to know you as well as mine knows me! BTW, I think "probably so". Thanks for the nice review.

I know this song, but never knew the name/words were "shut up and dance with me".

The version I am familiar with is Walk the Moon's. If I had ever heard this group's name, I forgot it.

Sara Evans w/REO Speedwagon:

Yes, great voice.
Old 04-14-19, 10:08 PM
All American

It is Walk The Moon - not Pink.
Old 04-15-19, 07:08 AM
All Yappi

#18 of 20...

#18 of 20

100 ~ Best Selling Albums Of The 1970's

Recently picked up this book...

It looks like I have some hunting to do...
Titles in bold = I need to acquire

=====

015 ~ The Stranger : Billy Joel

A story about Eddie & Brenda ... Eddie Reminiscing ...

tracks:
side-1
1. "Movin' Out (Anthony's Song)"
2. "The Stranger"
3. "Just the Way You Are"
4. "Scenes from an Italian Restaurant"

side-2
5. "Vienna"
6. "Only the Good Die Young"
7. "She's Always a Woman"
8. "Get It Right the First Time"
9. "Everybody Has a Dream"

~~~

Billy is a Gear-Head... He names is own favorite songs...
... for gobluetom.... a good Tony Bennett story...

#5 'Vienna'
#4 'And So It Goes'
#3 'You May Be Right '
#2 'She's Right on Time'
#1 Scenes From An Italian Restaurant'

=====

014 ~ Grease (film soundtrack) : John Travolta - Olivia Newton-John

Double album (#2 for the year 1978)

Performers: John Travolta / Olivia Newton-John / Frankie Avalon / Stockard Channing /
Didi Conn / Dinah Manoff / Jamie Donnelly / Jeff Conaway / Cindy Bullens / Sha-Na-Na /
Louis St. Louis / Frankie Valli

In the film Sha-Na-Na portrayed the dance band ~ Johnny Casino and the Gamblers
and Edd 'Kookie' Byrnes was Vince Fontaine, dance MC from KZAZ radio and TV.
(Kookie is not on the album)

Frankie Valli's opening number released as a single was a #1 hit.

=====
013 ~ Van Halen : Van Halen

=====

012 ~ Tapestry : Carol King

Smackwater Jack

Now Smackwater Jack, he bought a shotgun
'Cause he was in the mood for a little confrontation
He just let it all hang loose
He didn't think about the noose
He couldn't take no more abuse
So he shot down the congregation

You can't talk to a man
With a shotgun in his hand
Shotgun

Now Big Jim the chief stood for law and order
He called for the guard to come and surround the border
Now from his bulldog mouth
As he led the posse south
Came the cry, we got to ride
Clean up the streets for our wives and our daughters

You can't talk to a man
When he don't want to understand
No, no, no, no, no, no

The account of the capture wasn't in the papers
But you know, they hanged ole Smack right then instead of later
You know the people were quite pleased
'Cause the outlaw had been seized
And on the whole, it was a very good year
For the undertaker

You know, you know, you can't talk to a man
With a shotgun in his hand
Shotgun in his hand

Smackwater Jack, yeah
Smackwater Jack bought a shotgun
Yeah, Smackwater Jack bought a shotgun
Smackwater Jack, yeah
Smackwater Jack, yeah

Talkin' about Smackwater Jack, yeah
Talkin' about Smackwater Jack, oh
Talkin' about Jack and his shotgun,
Talkin' about Smack, talkin' about Jack
Smackwater Jack, yeah

(This song reminds me of Jim Croce's - Bad Bad Leroy Brown and
Mack the Knife by Bobby Darin)

=====

011 ~ Bridge Over Troubled Water : Simon And Garfunkel

For several years after this release (January, 1970) it was the best selling album of all time.

Tracks
Side one
1. "Bridge over Troubled Water"
2. "El Cóndor Pasa (If I Could)"
3. "Cecilia"
4. "Keep the Customer Satisfied"
5. "So Long, Frank Lloyd Wright"

Side two
1. "The Boxer"
2. "Baby Driver"
3. "The Only Living Boy in New York"
4. "Why Don't You Write Me"
5. "Bye Bye Love" (Live recording from Ames, Iowa)
6. "Song for the Asking

=====

USMC info ...

(General Officers)
General Officers are Command & Control
All are designated with a Star(s)~ They are also know as 'Flag Officers'

A flag officer is a senior enough to be entitled to fly a flag to mark the position from
which the officer exercises command. Often his vehicle will also fly a small flag
(appropriate for rank) when transporting and usually a special license plate.
All promotion to and within these ranks must be nominated by the President and confirmed
by the Senate.

Brigadier General (BGen) - single silver star
Serves as deputy commander to the commanding general of a division or division-sized units and
assists in overseeing the planning and coordination of a mission.
Typical command commands...
a Marine Expeditionary Brigade, as the medium capability (and sized) often Marine Air Ground
Task Force with up to 20,000 Marines. A XO of a Base or Aircraft Wing
Additionally, one-star officers of all services may serve as high-level staff officers in large
military organizations.

Major General (MajGen) - 2 silver stars
USMC Major Generals typically serve as commanding generals of Marine Expeditionary Forces,
Marine Divisions, Marine Aircraft Wings, Joint Task Force Commanders, deputy commanders in
3-star commands or as senior directors on Marine Corps and joint staffs.

Lieutenant General (LtGen) - 3 silver stars
A USMC Lieutenant General typically commands a corps-sized (2 or more divisions with
additional air and armor support) unit. They also serve as senior staff and may be the
Commander of the Marines Corps reserve (active & inactive ~ Current the 4th Marine Division)

General (Genl) - 4 silver stars
Commandant of the Marine Corps and current Assistant Commandant of the Marine.
The Commandant is a member of The Joint Chiefs of Staff.

As always, on formal occasions the full title of rank should be used for all Marines.

Rank Insignia / BGen (O-7) / MajGen (O-8) / LtGen (O-9) / Gen (O-10)

Flag examples...
USMC Lieutenant General flag (the license plate would be a smaller version) & Commandant flag

The Commandant's flag shows the EGA emblem, a 4-star General would be sans the emblem.

EGA

Last edited by ohiopup; 04-16-19 at 06:03 PM. Reason: 545700x
Old 04-15-19, 08:21 AM
All American

We have had Walk Right In, Walking the Dog and Walk Like A Man, ad. infinitum,; But Walk the Moon never seemed to have crossed our paths. Shut Up... is their song and came out in 2014 and got as high as No. 4.

Interestingly enough, as we have often found, the group is yet another one from Ohio, coming from the Cincinnati area and Kenyon College.

Last edited by Bevo; 04-15-19 at 08:41 AM.
Old 04-15-19, 06:26 PM
All World

BlackHawk is on a distinguished road
ohiopup, thanks for the USMC/military info.

Years ago, I told my cousin (a Major in the Army), that as a civilian I always had trouble matching the number of stars with the correct full title of the Generals.

He taught me this mnemonic: Be My Little General.

Brigadier General, Major General, Lieutenant General, General = 1 star, 2 star, 3 star, 4 star … in that order.

Nice trick that I will never forget.
Old 04-16-19, 06:15 PM
All Region

Well now, I think Ronnie should re-record her song to match those words, don't you?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: