Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-02-19, 05:23 PM
All Ohio

Stack Attack is on a distinguished road
7x7 Schedules

If anybody has there local teams 7x7ís schedule please post them here.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-19, 05:43 PM
All Yappi

tom 48 will become famous soon enough
Just curious as to the benefit of 7 on 7. Many coaches think the idea is useless. What are the advantages that you can't get working with your own team?
Old 07-02-19, 07:13 PM
All Ohio

Stack Attack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom 48 View Post
Just curious as to the benefit of 7 on 7. Many coaches think the idea is useless. What are the advantages that you can't get working with your own team?
I think itís underwear football. I think people who take teams and do tournaments are wasting their time. But teams competing against each other in a closed environment working on fundamentals and timing its beneficial for both. Compete compete compete.

Only reason why I created this thread for us football junkies trying to see some early underwear football in July. Nothing else
Old 07-02-19, 08:30 PM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I believe they are useless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-07-19, 12:11 AM
Junior Varsity

CedarBuck92 is on a distinguished road
The only real thing you get from doing them is a break in the monotony. Also for once the "other" team doesn't know what play you are running. If your kids enjoy it then let them have some fun.
Old 07-07-19, 07:56 AM
All District

HighSchoolFB45 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
I believe they are useless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They arenít useless. It helps players get the playbook down before actual practices start. It creates competition, it is always good to compete no matter what it is

However I donít think it translates to team success. Our school had a 7 on 7 against a much bigger and talented school, and we shut them out until we put our second string in. Later, we played another big school and they ran circles around us like we were the JV team. Guess who won the regular season game against those two schools? You guessed it. The first school.
Old 07-07-19, 08:32 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Practicing throwing the ball accurately, catching it, and running while someone is guarding is completely useless. But pushing a sled or tackling a stationary dummy is invaluable, lol.

Wish I had a buck for every time I've seen this argument. I think people just get wound up about any drill where a score is kept.
Old 07-07-19, 08:38 AM
All Region

John Lee Pettimore is on a distinguished road
If 7/7's were useless coach's just wouldn't do them, they would spend their time more wisely.
Old 07-08-19, 02:08 PM
All District

dnis30 is on a distinguished road
DVII Lucas is hosting a 7 on 7 this Saturday (7/13/19). Not sure who all is going to be there.
Old 07-08-19, 02:28 PM
All District

There is a 7 on 7 tournament in Dayton this weekend that is expected to have quality schools from around the area. Northmont, Springfield and Wayne were there last year, along with some smaller schools like Coldwater and Wapakoneta.
Old 07-08-19, 04:50 PM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighSchoolFB45 View Post
There is a 7 on 7 tournament in Dayton this weekend that is expected to have quality schools from around the area. Northmont, Springfield and Wayne were there last year, along with some smaller schools like Coldwater and Wapakoneta.
That is the only 7 on 7 tournament that we do usually. We'll have some one on one 7 on 7 games as well. Last year we 7 on 7'ed Celina. Considering they are on the scrimmage schedule, I doubt we 7 on 7 them as well.
Old 07-08-19, 08:11 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
That is the only 7 on 7 tournament that we do usually. We'll have some one on one 7 on 7 games as well. Last year we 7 on 7'ed Celina. Considering they are on the scrimmage schedule, I doubt we 7 on 7 them as well.
Thatís weird, you 7 on 7 and scrimmage us
Old 07-08-19, 09:03 PM
All American

Quote:
That’s weird, you 7 on 7 and scrimmage us
Do we? I hardly know who we 7 on 7 until I see Chip Otten or Eric Goodwin post something on Twitter. We usually 7 on 7 at least 1 WBL school. Sometimes, like when we 7 on 7'ed Fort Recovery, We'd play the MAC school we drop off the schedule. Considering that team is Parkway, I don't see that happening.

Last year we had 3 to my knowlege.

The UD Tournament, Celina, and St Marys Memorial.

Last edited by StateChampion2012; 07-08-19 at 09:25 PM.
Old 07-08-19, 09:40 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
Do we? I hardly know who we 7 on 7 until I see Chip Otten or Eric Goodwin post something on Twitter. We usually 7 on 7 at least 1 WBL school. Sometimes, like when we 7 on 7'ed Fort Recovery, We'd play the MAC school we drop off the schedule. Considering that team is Parkway, I don't see that happening.

Last year we had 3 to my knowlege.

The UD Tournament, Celina, and St Marys Memorial.
Weíve 7 on 7 you guys every year at least since Coach Moyer has become the head coach. And scrimmage. How do you 7 on 7 St. Maryís? Is it just defending play action boot the whole time haha.
Old 07-08-19, 10:03 PM
All American

Quote:
Weíve 7 on 7 you guys every year at least since Coach Moyer has become the head coach. And scrimmage. How do you 7 on 7 St. Maryís? Is it just defending play action boot the whole time haha.
Last year was the most I ever saw St Marys throw the ball!
Old 07-08-19, 10:18 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Your first team offensive guys vs a first team defense for one. Many of our local schools have guys go both ways, including the QB, so in practice you first team offense is going against a partial first team defense.
Also if your offense is more running it gives your defense the opportunity to face a real passing attack and can help your own passing attack.

I think they are important, but not so important that you need to travel all over the state, region and country to play and also being crowned champions of any said event is ludicrous.

They are a glorified practice and be very beneficial.
I have never attended one, nor do I feel the need to ever go watch one either but they can be very important
Old 07-09-19, 05:46 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
Your first team offensive guys vs a first team defense for one. Many of our local schools have guys go both ways, including the QB, so in practice you first team offense is going against a partial first team defense.
Also if your offense is more running it gives your defense the opportunity to face a real passing attack and can help your own passing attack.

I think they are important, but not so important that you need to travel all over the state, region and country to play and also being crowned champions of any said event is ludicrous.

They are a glorified practice and be very beneficial.
I have never attended one, nor do I feel the need to ever go watch one either but they can be very important
When we do 7 on 7ís against other schools, we usually split the team up into two teams, with some starters on one and some starters on the other. This way, all the starters get their reps and backups get a chance to compete
Old 07-09-19, 08:06 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
When we do 7 on 7ís against other schools, we usually split the team up into two teams, with some starters on one and some starters on the other. This way, all the starters get their reps and backups get a chance to compete
I have no idea what we do. I was just putting out there some of the benefits of having them to those who believe they are a complete waste of time.

I am not all in on them in terms of traveling around the countries or making big deals about winning some sort of 7/7 title, but they def have a place in the crawl-walk-run progression of a program.
Old 07-09-19, 10:27 AM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
I have no idea what we do. I was just putting out there some of the benefits of having them to those who believe they are a complete waste of time.

I am not all in on them in terms of traveling around the countries or making big deals about winning some sort of 7/7 title, but they def have a place in the crawl-walk-run progression of a program.
most teams use it as a practice session.....working on specific parts... coverage, routes, grading players at the position... but yes traveling around the country is big time OVERKILL...
Old 07-09-19, 10:31 AM
All District

Lefthook37 is on a distinguished road
Mck VS St V's will be @ 11AM in the big house Thursday go pups
Old 07-09-19, 10:31 AM
All District

Lefthook37 is on a distinguished road
PS that's in Canton
Old 07-10-19, 07:00 AM
All District

Sliver of Hope is on a distinguished road
7 v 7 are pretty much a break in monotony of camps. I personally feel like there are some coaches who use them as a way to keep their players focused and "involved" over the summer. As to the prediction of if it translates to wins during the season, I think it means absolutely nothing. Players can learn the playbook and routes and coverages in practice just as well as against another team. 7 on 7 is a fantasy football camp that many players that can run look fantastic, then the pads come on in early August and the coaches find out they are pansies and will not hit anyone, yet they were counting on them based on their 7-7 performances. They are overall a joke. No one rushing the QB, no one preventing the team from dinking and dunking to RBs coming out of backfield and catching a crossing route at 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage, where linemen would be in a real scrimmage or game. Fairy football and ZERO translation to how a team will do in weeks 1-10
Old 07-10-19, 04:28 PM
All District

Wapakoneta will be at Dover today in about an hour.
Old 07-12-19, 10:46 AM
All American

eagle172 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to eagle172
Springboro/Franklin 7 on 7

I heard Springboro and Franklin had a 7 on 7 thurs night 7/11/19. I think there was a 3rd team ,not sure who. Anybody get to see it?
Old 07-13-19, 07:30 AM
All American

eagle172 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to eagle172
Franklin at Northmont ( 9am today)

7 on 7 ,I think there are 4 teams ,not sure who the other 2 are