Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-27-19, 11:45 AM
All Region

Spartan119 is on a distinguished road
When is the SWBL scheduled for realignment?

When are prebble NR Dixie slated to leave?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-19, 12:23 PM
All Ohio

dograt is on a distinguished road
2 more years of the current SWBL
Old 06-27-19, 04:33 PM
All Region

Spartan119 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dograt View Post
2 more years of the current SWBL
So this year and next? Or not including this year?
Old 06-27-19, 05:18 PM
All Ohio

dograt is on a distinguished road
'19-'20 & '20-'21

Fall of '21 Preble, Dixie, 'Ridge, & MU leave
Old 06-28-19, 09:30 AM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
SWBL will likely move back to. 10 team, 1 division league. So, no more Northridge or Dixie on SW division schedules.
Milton isn’t likely to schedule SWBL teams anytime soon from what I hear. If so, Oakwood and Brookville would be the only choices. Keeping it closer to Miami County.
Franklin and Monroe might push for the addition of some Butler Co and Warren Co schools? Maybe Trotwood as a member? Add Edgewood and Trotwood. 2-6 team divisions.

SW Division:
Franklin
Monroe
Bellbrook
Valley View
Edgewood
Trotwood

Buckeye:
Carlisle
Waynesville
Oakwood
Eaton
Brookville
Madison

Looks tough.
Old 06-28-19, 12:48 PM
All Region

BucksFan937 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
SWBL will likely move back to. 10 team, 1 division league. So, no more Northridge or Dixie on SW division schedules.
Milton isnít likely to schedule SWBL teams anytime soon from what I hear. If so, Oakwood and Brookville would be the only choices. Keeping it closer to Miami County.
Franklin and Monroe might push for the addition of some Butler Co and Warren Co schools? Maybe Trotwood as a member? Add Edgewood and Trotwood. 2-6 team divisions.

SW Division:
Franklin
Monroe
Bellbrook
Valley View
Edgewood
Trotwood

Buckeye:
Carlisle
Waynesville
Oakwood
Eaton
Brookville
Madison

Looks tough.
This would be tough. However, I say replace Trotwood with Talawanda and I think this is something that we may actually see happen.
Old 06-28-19, 01:00 PM
All Ohio

Exit 29 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucksFan937 View Post
This would be tough. However, I say replace Trotwood with Talawanda and I think this is something that we may actually see happen.
Agree, I don't see any of those members welcoming Trotwood. I personally have no problem with Trotwood being in the same league as Monroe.
Old 06-28-19, 01:34 PM
All Yappi

Trotwood would be Northridge on roids. Basketball and Football are their two sports.
Old 07-01-19, 06:41 AM
All Region

Quote:
Trotwood would be Northridge on roids. Basketball and Football are their two sports.
Yeah that's about what they would be. If they join you kiss your chance of winning a league title goodbye for the foreseeable future in basketball and football. They wouldn't have much competition at all. I honestly wonder if Trotwood would even be interested in such a move? They would have to really beef up their OOC schedule to try to get tournament ready.
Old 07-01-19, 07:47 AM
All Yappi

Trotwood enrollment is not growing. Also, Wayne has kind of taken over as the school of choice to open enroll to. Valley View, Bellbrook, Edgewood, Franklin could hold their own vs Trotwood. But youíre right as far as championships go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-01-19, 08:43 AM
All Region

You could be right but I don't see those schools holding their own against Trotwood unless they drastically drop off moving forward. Trotwood is less than 2 years from a 15-0 season and state championship in D3. They had a down year for them last year, but they also played some great competition. I am not writing them off though. That's just talking football, in basketball its a completely different story.
Old 07-01-19, 08:43 AM
All Yappi

Agreed.

Old 07-02-19, 05:37 PM
All American

alk4474 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You could be right but I don't see those schools holding their own against Trotwood unless they drastically drop off moving forward. Trotwood is less than 2 years from a 15-0 season and state championship in D3. They had a down year for them last year, but they also played some great competition. I am not writing them off though. That's just talking football, in basketball its a completely different story.
I think it would be a great move to get Trotwood. They would only make football better for the SWBL. Iím tired of ppl on here saying they would kill us. Come on itís better than playing Dixie.
Old 07-02-19, 05:39 PM
All American

Quote:
They are D3 they belong in the league who cares what happened two years ago
Old 07-02-19, 05:57 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Trotwood enrollment is not growing. Also, Wayne has kind of taken over as the school of choice to open enroll to. Valley View, Bellbrook, Edgewood, Franklin could hold their own vs Trotwood. But youíre right as far as championships go.

Wayne is not an open enrollment school like Trotwood who now is.

I think Trotwood would handle those schools in football and basketball.
Old 07-03-19, 07:18 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by alk4474 View Post
They are D3 they belong in the league who cares what happened two years ago
I get it, a few of you want Trotwood in the league because it would force teams to step up their competition. I don't blame you for that. I also think in terms of size and location, that Trotwood could be a fit. I just personally think it's more likely that Talawanda would join the conference if the SWBL was looking to add 2 divisions and also brought on Edgewood.
Old 07-03-19, 07:50 AM
All Yappi

Ok, so hereís a thought. Trotwood stays out of the conversation.
Add Talawanda...would Edgewood be interested in joining the SWBL? Would Talawanda be interested?
You know many decisions are made from a monetary angle and not from a common sense angle.
What other schools are possible additions if the SWBL stays at 12? Add Massie and Trotwood... thatís a rough schedule. Massie would challenge Trotwood most years as would Franklin and Valley View, maybe Bellbrook here and there.
Basketball would be 110% Trotwood.
From a competitive and social standpoint I donít see Trotwood buying into that. Just my opinion. They are elite in Football and Basketball.
Just not many choices for SWBL to add schools. Ft Loramie is looking for a Football conference. They would be a load to take down. Very good program. Helluva drive for them.

Old 07-03-19, 09:01 AM
All Region

Quote:
Ok, so hereís a thought. Trotwood stays out of the conversation.
Add Talawanda...would Edgewood be interested in joining the SWBL? Would Talawanda be interested?
You know many decisions are made from a monetary angle and not from a common sense angle.
What other schools are possible additions if the SWBL stays at 12? Add Massie and Trotwood... thatís a rough schedule. Massie would challenge Trotwood most years as would Franklin and Valley View, maybe Bellbrook here and there.
Basketball would be 110% Trotwood.
From a competitive and social standpoint I donít see Trotwood buying into that. Just my opinion. They are elite in Football and Basketball.
Just not many choices for SWBL to add schools. Ft Loramie is looking for a Football conference. They would be a load to take down. Very good program. Helluva drive for them.

I don't think you need to add any schools to be honest. I think the merged 10 team league will be a good league. I am not sure how interested any of those other schools would be in joining to be able to split into divisions. I feel like it could be a bit of a reach for Ft Loramie, but given their current situation they may be interested in joining (football only) if there was an opening.
Old 07-03-19, 09:03 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I don't think you need to add any schools to be honest. I think the merged 10 team league will be a good league. I am not sure how interested any of those other schools would be in joining to be able to split into divisions. I feel like it could be a bit of a reach for Ft Loramie, but given their current situation they may be interested in joining (football only) if there was an opening.

Youíre likely right. But I wouldíve never given it a chance that MU joins the league they are joining. Never ever.

Old 07-03-19, 07:39 PM
All American

Quote:
I think the league needs to add some teams. I have a feeling if they donít Bellbrook and Franklin could leave.
Old 07-04-19, 05:45 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
Wayne is not an open enrollment school like Trotwood who now is.

I think Trotwood would handle those schools in football and basketball.

Youíre likely right, but for how long? Versailles dominated the SRC when they were in it but towards the early 2000s after they left Tipp, Milton and Covington wouldíve given Versailles losses they never had against those teams.
Trotwood, being in the NW sector of Dayton, will trend level to downward in enrollment. Everything is cyclical.

Old 07-04-19, 05:46 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I think the league needs to add some teams. I have a feeling if they donít Bellbrook and Franklin could leave.

Maybe not immediately but in a few years. The trend is back to smaller leagues for some reason.

Old 07-08-19, 06:32 AM
All Region

Quote:
That could very well be true. For Franklin it would logistically still be OK. They would still be playing all the schools from the big school side of the SWBL but then you add Madison, Waynesville and Carlisle. I know they are smaller in size, but I would think those 3 are schools they have played in sports in the past.

For Bellbrook it does make sense for them to join the new MVL if there was an opening. I don't know where Franklin would go though. Either to the conference where Lebanon just went, or to the Southwest Ohio Conference where Edgewood/Talawanda are that we've discussed in this post previously.
Old 07-08-19, 06:34 PM
All Yappi

Expect the worst and be happy with anything better.
Old 07-11-19, 10:31 AM
All Yappi

bump