Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-29-19, 05:27 PM
All American

mostchilly
Darrion just committed to Ohio State joining his teammate Paris Johnson. Darrion will also graduate in December and start school in January. Congrats from your old coach!
Old 06-29-19, 05:40 PM
All American

oxat622
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
^^^^^^^^^^
This is a great post. 30 good football players will beat 5 great football players every time. I believe that Princeton has some good 2nd tier players that maybe getting overshadowed. And IMO the top end guys at Princeton havent really performed up to their hype yet. I think their play would had been elevated at a different high school especially Colerain and Winton Woods. Of course Parris Brown has just got to Princeton but he didnt appear as dominant to me at X as one would think. I only watched one X game but I thought the olineman at Moe (Carpenter) was the best I saw all season and no one was close. I curious if being at Princeton will elevate his game. Has Brown been camping this season or trying to stay healthy and rested since hes already committed?
I disagree. Henry was very very good last year.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 06-29-19, 06:17 PM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mostchilly View Post
Darrion just committed to Ohio State joining his teammate Paris Johnson. Darrion will also graduate in December and start school in January. Congrats from your old coach!
Ohio St. will get he and Johnson NFL ready.
Old 06-30-19, 08:38 PM
All American

Pope Francis 1 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vike16 View Post
My Vikes have a lot to prove this year. They do have some advantages with playing Colerain, Fairfield, Lakota West, and Mason all at home this year. I also think the Vikings were on pace to have a 6-4 or 7-3 record (IMHO) before the AD scandal last year. Now the assistant coaches social media issue doesn't really bother as much as others, but you have too at some point beat the teams that have dominated Princeton over the years Colerain, Fairfield, Sycamore, and Mason.

Princeton IMO is this year's Cleveland Browns. Paper talent doesn't mean anything until it turns into on field wins. If not now, when?

Also Colerain should and will be favored to win the GMC. Colerian is the GMC and king until dethrone
Let’s not compare any teams to the Browns until they’ve completed a perfect, winless season!

Last edited by Pope Francis 1; 06-30-19 at 08:53 PM.
Old 06-30-19, 09:19 PM
All Yappi

EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
Oak Hills is the Browns of the GMC until someone dethrones them.
Old 06-30-19, 09:23 PM
All Yappi

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tardis View Post
I think there is a legit point about can Princeton match the "physicality" needed to compete in R4. The GCL, Colerain, and Winton Woods do play at a different level than everyone else in terms of how hard and physical they play. Those teams often overcome talent discrepancies with how they play. You see it often when they play teams from other states who probably have more high end talent. You can overcome two or three great players by having all 11 playing on different level. These teams get more out of the non-college level players then anyone, and this especially true of Colerain and X.

It does always result in a win but it's a level of play that keeps Ohio teams much more competitive than their talent levels would indicate. On a state wide level in DI this would include Ed's, I's, Wayne, Pick Central, Mentor, and Hillard Davidson. Yes, these have talent but their level of play separates them and is why each year they are in the title conversation. Colerain and Hillard Davidson especially use this style of play to overcome talent gaps on the back end of the roster, Particularly HD. The number of DI players at HD is minuscule compared to every powerhouse but they way they are coached to play keeps them competitive.

Wow! Great post. Exactly what i was getting at. Yet people on this forum thought I was being cocky or something. Just telling facts!
Old 07-01-19, 12:51 AM
Lancers lead the way!

Lancermania is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Cincinnati.com is calling these two the top two recruits in Ohio. True or false?

"Ohio State snagged the No. 2 football recruit in the state in Darrion Henry. Henry just so happens to play on the same team as the No. 1 recruit in the state, Paris Johnson Jr. and both are now Ohio State commits."
Old 07-01-19, 04:38 AM
All Yappi

tom 48 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by EHS 2001 View Post
Oak Hills is the Browns of the GMC until someone dethrones them.
Get your last digs in, because very soon Oak Hills will be the Bengals of the GMC.
Old 07-01-19, 11:17 AM
All Yappi

Termite2 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancermania View Post
Cincinnati.com is calling these two the top two recruits in Ohio. True or false?

"Ohio State snagged the No. 2 football recruit in the state in Darrion Henry. Henry just so happens to play on the same team as the No. 1 recruit in the state, Paris Johnson Jr. and both are now Ohio State commits."
True

According to 247sports, ESPN, Rivals 1&2
Scout has Johnson #1 and Henry #4 and Princeton's Thomas #10 Jarrett #72
Old 07-01-19, 12:38 PM
All American

mostchilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Termite2 View Post
True

According to 247sports, ESPN, Rivals 1&2
Scout has Johnson #1 and Henry #4 and Princeton's Thomas #10 Jarrett #72
Team has a ton of talent other than those that have already been mentioned. Experienced QB (Horton) that has transferred in, an experienced 6'1 225 pound banger of a RB-Boyd(running behind Johnson is going to be scary), D1 committed CB, 2 fast WR over 6'2" that will be offered, D2 offered ILB and DL and another OL that has multiple offers at the D2 level. So, it's not just a few Blue Chip athletes, there are many good players. On paper, arguably the most talented Princeton team ever (based upon player rankings). But, as has been mentioned, have to win the games on the field. If the team plays disciplined and injury free, no limit to what they can achieve.
Old 07-01-19, 04:33 PM
Varsity

22222 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Rumor has the kicker from Lasalle was seen on Chester Rd today , isnt he a OHIO ST guy as well
Old 07-02-19, 11:36 AM
Lancers lead the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22222 View Post
Rumor has the kicker from Lasalle was seen on Chester Rd today , isnt he a OHIO ST guy as well
Yes, five star kicker Jake Seibert of La Salle has committed to OSU, not sure why he would be at Princeton unless it was to try to talk more Vikings into going there. https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2019/0...e-seibert.html

Last edited by Lancermania; 07-02-19 at 12:58 PM.
Old 07-02-19, 11:44 AM
All Region

JustCallMeCoach is on a distinguished road
They have the talent to win every game. It will come down to schematics. In High School Talent can get you to the playoffs but it usually doesn't get you past the first round.
Old 07-02-19, 01:13 PM
Varsity

22222 is on a distinguished road
or he was touring the school and new his new locker room
Old 07-03-19, 02:09 PM
All Ohio

Vike16 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Team has a ton of talent other than those that have already been mentioned. Experienced QB (Horton) that has transferred in, an experienced 6'1 225 pound banger of a RB-Boyd(running behind Johnson is going to be scary), D1 committed CB, 2 fast WR over 6'2" that will be offered, D2 offered ILB and DL and another OL that has multiple offers at the D2 level. So, it's not just a few Blue Chip athletes, there are many good players. On paper, arguably the most talented Princeton team ever (based upon player rankings). But, as has been mentioned, have to win the games on the field. If the team plays disciplined and injury free, no limit to what they can achieve.

I believe both WR's got offered by a small D1, Jarrett the ILB committed to Kansas, and Mullin the OL has been offered by 3 small D1 schools
Old 07-03-19, 03:42 PM
Lancers lead the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22222 View Post
or he was touring the school and knew his new locker room
Show me some evidence why you're blowing smoke about Jake being a Viking. Why would he transfer unless he lives in the Princeton City School district and wouldn't have to sit out any time. He already is committed to OSU, so how would it help him to transfer to Princeton.
Old 07-03-19, 05:56 PM
All District

Kurt Rambis is on a distinguished road
do they have the same assistants? Or did Daniels take the opportunity to find some maturity?
Old 07-03-19, 06:00 PM
All Ohio

BASESWIMPARENT is on a distinguished road
DMR, are suggesting that Paris might be a bit over-rated because if you are I might just agree with you.
Old 07-03-19, 07:05 PM
All American

mostchilly
Quote:
I believe both WR's got offered by a small D1, Jarrett the ILB committed to Kansas, and Mullin the OL has been offered by 3 small D1 schools
You are right about both WR’s having D1 offers.

Jarrett played Inside and Outside(if my memory is correct), Kilgus, one of the ILB, has D2 offers as of now.

So, at least 8 D1 offered athletes (and maybe more coming) and at least 2 D2 offers. Tons of talent. Gotta do it on the field.

Last edited by mostchilly; 07-03-19 at 09:59 PM.
Old 07-03-19, 07:14 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASESWIMPARENT View Post
DMR, are suggesting that Paris might be a bit over-rated because if you are I might just agree with you.
No, I think his ranking is right. He has the measurables and long arms. Good mobility. His ranking is warranted. Ohio St. will turn him into a NFL player. I would like to see him go up against the quick dline men at Winton Woods. I think the Warriors could give him a little trouble. In the big ten he will face guys his size that he will be able to get his hands on.
Old 07-03-19, 08:27 PM
All American

LHS WRESTLING is on a distinguished road
Quote:

You are talking about Vince Munlin Jr., he is a senior this year who is on the OL. Great kid and a ton of potential with the bloodline. Has SERIOUS and arm length, TOUGH kid who wrestles and does very well on the mat. Watch out for him. Definite sleeper of the team who nobody is talking about because all of the "big names".... he is also a SMART player who excels in the classroom at the honors and AP level.

Last edited by LHS WRESTLING; 07-03-19 at 08:38 PM.
Old 07-03-19, 09:22 PM
All American

Tardis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
No, I think his ranking is right. He has the measurables and long arms. Good mobility. His ranking is warranted. Ohio St. will turn him into a NFL player. I would like to see him go up against the quick dline men at Winton Woods. I think the Warriors could give him a little trouble. In the big ten he will face guys his size that he will be able to get his hands on.
I think this is a good view. In their matchups last year Pace for Colerain really got the best of him on speed rushes and staying low. He was able to contain the big DE Phillips when they were matched. But at Ohio State he's not going to face anyone really of that size where he will have to dip down that low. Plus, he will have a lot more coaching at that level.

Going back to the "physical" style of play discussion. Rewatching the Colerain/Princeton game last year really puts a good perspective on it. Henry was an absolute non-factor and took plays off when the play didn't go his way. Colearin's 5'7" QB ran right through Thomas on multiple occasions. The game was close at half time but a few things went wrong in the 2nd half and you could see it break the Vikings. If they find a QB and/or are content to pound Boyd behind their big OL Princeton they have a shot at Colerain. But their level of intensity and special teams really needs to improve.

Luckily for them they get the Cards early but maybe not early enough because Week 4 is about the time the new QB starts to click in the Cards offense. If there is a time to end the streak it is now, when the Cards reset with a younger team stepping in for a uber talented departed class. If not this year, then the Cardinals have had another year to develop and the Cards have a stud QB coming up in the next few years after that.

Old 07-03-19, 10:27 PM
All Ohio

BASESWIMPARENT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I have to disagree a little with the mobility attribute. He needs to get much more agile or the Bosas of the world will get him
Old 07-05-19, 09:37 PM
Junior Varsity

Hartley1 is on a distinguished road
Does Princeton play Moeller ? Don't they play for a trophy? When is the last time Princeton beat Moeller... I am from Columbus.
Old 07-05-19, 10:53 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I have to disagree a little with the mobility attribute. He needs to get much more agile or the Bosas of the world will get him
Take a step back and think about what you said. "the Bosas of the world". If that is the measuring stick that is used for this young man then he is far beyond his 5 star HIGH SCHOOL rating. 50% of left tackles in the NFL need to get more agile to handle "the Bosas of the world". "The Bosas of the world" draw double teams in NFL games. Geez.
Old 07-06-19, 06:57 AM
All Yappi

Termite2 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartley1 View Post
Does Princeton play Moeller ? Don't they play for a trophy? When is the last time Princeton beat Moeller... I am from Columbus.
No, it used to be the last game of the season, but the GMC went to a 4-10 week league schedule effectively ending the series.
Old 07-06-19, 07:36 PM
All Yappi

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Termite2 View Post
No, it used to be the last game of the season, but the GMC went to a 4-10 week league schedule effectively ending the series.
That and Princeton stop being competitive
Old 07-07-19, 12:27 PM
All Region

IronEagle82 is on a distinguished road
Princeton assistants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Rambis View Post
do they have the same assistants? Or did Daniels take the opportunity to find some maturity?
I'm curious about this post. What are the Princeton coaches doing or not doing for you to say this about them? How do they lack maturity?
Old 07-08-19, 10:30 AM
All American

LHS WRESTLING is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Show me some evidence why you're blowing smoke about Jake being a Viking. Why would he transfer unless he lives in the Princeton City School district and wouldn't have to sit out any time. He already is committed to OSU, so how would it help him to transfer to Princeton.
Does he want to graduate early as well and attend OSU in the Spring? (Johnson situation).
Old 07-08-19, 10:41 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Paris Johnson's 20 yard shuttle time (4.53) at the Opening in May would have tied for 5th best among offensive linemen at the 2019 NFL draft. His 40 yard dash (5.07) would have tied him for 9th best at the draft. But yeah, he isn't mobile/agile enough.