Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-25-19, 01:54 PM
Lancers lead the way!

Lancermania is on a distinguished road
How good can Cincinnati Princeton be?

It's one thing to have talent, but can Princeton be as good as the hype surrounding the team on Chester Road in Sharonville?

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ts/1494844001/
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-19, 02:37 PM
Freshman

Tender Roni is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancermania View Post
It's one thing to have talent, but can Princeton be as good as the hype surrounding the team on Chester Road in Sharonville?

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ts/1494844001/
Better question would be can Daniels be as good as the self proclaimed hype machine? Like his staff and him like to say "Get your popcorn ready"....Can Daniels coach the talent?
Old 06-25-19, 03:32 PM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Pretty...pretty...pretty...good.
Old 06-26-19, 06:39 AM
All World

eaglepride is on a distinguished road
Unbelievable TigerPaw….I literally just hit the response button to say the exact same quote from the one and only Larry David! That's hilarious.
Old 06-26-19, 01:22 PM
All Yappi

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
they won't be that good. 5 and 5 or 6 qnd 4
Old 06-26-19, 02:37 PM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
I think the Vikes could win Region 4. Depends on what they do at QB
Old 06-26-19, 04:27 PM
All District

natihsfan is on a distinguished road
I think Daniels takes Cox's place as The Great Equalizer in the GMC
Old 06-26-19, 09:12 PM
All American

mostchilly
With the talent they have this year, at a minimum playoffs. No limit to how far they could go depending on circumstances.
Old 06-26-19, 10:24 PM
Freshman

Soul Provider is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
I think the Vikes could win Region 4. Depends on what they do at QB

Win the region? LOL, don't get carried away.

1. It is still Colerain's conference until someone proves otherwise. Win a conference before you start talking about winning a region.

2.Talent is there, but totally unproven talent IN BIG GAMES. Unproven coaches in BIG GAMES who haven't done anything in their individual careers to suggest otherwise either. Can coaches keep athletes grounded during the season and LEAD, or will they buy into the press clippings and be on twitter/facebook/social media more than the athletes?

3. On field discipline will need to improve. Racked up huge amounts of penalties last year (a direct result of poor coaching). If they are going to be a factor, this must improve. Will they do the little things like line up correctly, not get unsportsmanlike penalties, and be coachable while buying in when tough times come to the team like injuries and close games?

4. Will they have anything close to a competitive special teams unit? Long snapper? Field goal Kicker? Punter? Years past they have struggled big time in this area. You won't go too far in close games without a strong special teams unit.

5. Depth? How are the #'s and talent at the back-up positions?

Just a few of my initial questions concerning the Vikings this season.

Last edited by Soul Provider; 06-26-19 at 10:43 PM.
Old 06-27-19, 07:36 AM
All Ohio

Vike16 is on a distinguished road
My Vikes have a lot to prove this year. They do have some advantages with playing Colerain, Fairfield, Lakota West, and Mason all at home this year. I also think the Vikings were on pace to have a 6-4 or 7-3 record (IMHO) before the AD scandal last year. Now the assistant coaches social media issue doesn't really bother as much as others, but you have too at some point beat the teams that have dominated Princeton over the years Colerain, Fairfield, Sycamore, and Mason.

Princeton IMO is this year's Cleveland Browns. Paper talent doesn't mean anything until it turns into on field wins. If not now, when?

Also Colerain should and will be favored to win the GMC. Colerian is the GMC and king until dethrone
Old 06-27-19, 08:15 AM
All Ohio

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Maybe this was somewhere else and I missed it, but are the two GCL transfers eligible for all 10 games and the playoffs? This obviously could effect their overall success if these guys don't play the back half of the schedule.
Old 06-27-19, 08:50 AM
All Yappi

tom 48 will become famous soon enough
Princeton IMO is this year's Cleveland Browns. Paper talent doesn't mean anything until it turns into on field wins. If not now, when?

Another Glenville, perhaps.
Old 06-27-19, 08:58 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vike16 View Post
My Vikes have a lot to prove this year. They do have some advantages with playing Colerain, Fairfield, Lakota West, and Mason all at home this year. I also think the Vikings were on pace to have a 6-4 or 7-3 record (IMHO) before the AD scandal last year. Now the assistant coaches social media issue doesn't really bother as much as others, but you have too at some point beat the teams that have dominated Princeton over the years Colerain, Fairfield, Sycamore, and Mason.

Also Colerain should and will be favored to win the GMC. Colerian is the GMC and king until dethrone
Or one of the loaded Glenville team's of recent past. An abundance of D1 talent who can beat anyone when clicking. Or get tripped up when they aren't. So much depends on coaching and teamwork/chemistry. Would love to see them play though.

(beat me to it Tom).
Old 06-27-19, 11:25 AM
All Region

deuces dad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Roni View Post
Better question would be can Daniels be as good as the self proclaimed hype machine? Like his staff and him like to say "Get your popcorn ready"....Can Daniels coach the talent?
Who would you favor in a match up between Winton Woods and Princeton. I know that Princeton has a lot of individual talent, but would they be able to stand up to the constant pounding and physicality of WW. I would have loved to seen this match Wk 2 or 3.
Old 06-27-19, 12:15 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
WW would obviously be favored, but the notion that Princeton would struggle with their “physicality” is pretty silly.
Old 06-27-19, 02:35 PM
All Yappi

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
WW would obviously be favored, but the notion that Princeton would struggle with their “physicality” is pretty silly.
it really isn't! It's really factual.
Old 06-27-19, 03:49 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post

Okay.
Old 06-27-19, 05:59 PM
All American

oxat622
Quote:
That's not how facts work!

Anyway, at minimum, they need to make the playoffs. This is the most talented they've been since 2008 when they had Ware, Duckworth, D Woods, etc. Okay, perhaps not as strong at the offensive skill positions, but definitely stronger in the trenches. Oddly enough, that team massively underachieved.

If they can't get to the postseason, Princeton needs to consider severing ties with Daniels, despite his legendary status with that school. As was mentioned previously, stupid penalties really hindered just how good they could have been last year.
Old 06-27-19, 06:23 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Provider View Post
Win the region? LOL, don't get carried away.

1. It is still Colerain's conference until someone proves otherwise. Win a conference before you start talking about winning a region.

2.Talent is there, but totally unproven talent IN BIG GAMES. Unproven coaches in BIG GAMES who haven't done anything in their individual careers to suggest otherwise either. Can coaches keep athletes grounded during the season and LEAD, or will they buy into the press clippings and be on twitter/facebook/social media more than the athletes?

3. On field discipline will need to improve. Racked up huge amounts of penalties last year (a direct result of poor coaching). If they are going to be a factor, this must improve. Will they do the little things like line up correctly, not get unsportsmanlike penalties, and be coachable while buying in when tough times come to the team like injuries and close games?

4. Will they have anything close to a competitive special teams unit? Long snapper? Field goal Kicker? Punter? Years past they have struggled big time in this area. You won't go too far in close games without a strong special teams unit.

5. Depth? How are the #'s and talent at the back-up positions?

Just a few of my initial questions concerning the Vikings this season.
I think your points are absolutely sound and solid. But here are a couple of reasons why my opinion is such.

1. A team does not have to win its conference to win its region. Sometimes regions are won by the team that has the hot hand at the end of the season. I see Princeton getting off to a slow start and getting better as the season progresses.

2. There is no clear cut preseason Region 4 favorite. Colerain may be the safest bet but I wouldnt bet the Magic compound on them. X? West? Elder? I know its the pre pre season but I dont think you could favor any team over Princeton at this point. I think after the scrimmages things could clear up a tiny bit.

3. I dont think that anyone in Region 4 has more top end talent than Princeton. And people are sleeping on Boyd, the big RB. A good RB and oline anchored by Parris Brown(?) can do some real damage as the weather gets colder.

But again your take is absolutely on point. Depth, special teams and coaching is a legit concern and could keep Princeton at home after Halloween.
Old 06-27-19, 06:50 PM
All Yappi

gobluetom has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
lol
Old 06-28-19, 11:23 AM
Varsity

22222 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxat622 View Post
That's not how facts work!

Anyway, at minimum, they need to make the playoffs. This is the most talented they've been since 2008 when they had Ware, Duckworth, D Woods, etc. Okay, perhaps not as strong at the offensive skill positions, but definitely stronger in the trenches. Oddly enough, that team massively underachieved.

If they can't get to the postseason, Princeton needs to consider severing ties with Daniels, despite his legendary status with that school. As was mentioned previously, stupid penalties really hindered just how good they could have been last year.
you cant fire him for not making playoffs he is still consider a teacher and getting kids to the next level, plus zone 15 would go nuts , they stuck with Leach there going to stick with Daniels for a while or until he takes a job at UC.
Old 06-28-19, 05:24 PM
All World

Carl Rick is on a distinguished road
Staff maturity will have much to do with their ability to win big.
Old 06-29-19, 06:14 AM
Varsity

22222 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Rick View Post
Staff maturity will have much to do with their ability to win big.
i agree , it will interesting to see if the new AD will set ground rules and will follow up on them ,
Old 06-29-19, 12:43 PM
Lancers lead the way!

Lancermania is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Just to clear things up here. I take it many of you guys believe WW could win R4 as well as R8, and that WW is the best team in Cincinnati regardless of division. They do play Moeller, La Salle, Elder, and St. Edward this year.
Old 06-29-19, 01:18 PM
All Yappi

tom 48 will become famous soon enough
WW by 16 in all those games.
Old 06-29-19, 01:57 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Just to clear things up here. I take it many of you guys believe WW could win R4 as well as R8, and that WW is the best team in Cincinnati regardless of division. They do play Moeller, La Salle, Elder, and St. Edward this year.
Who, on this thread, suggested that Winton Woods is the best team in Cincinnati regardless of division and could win R4 as well as R8? It was suggested that Winton Woods would beat Princeton this season. Lancermania you have a way of attempting to push Winton Woods into the deep end of the pool. I believe you think that Winton Woods is the best in Cincinnati regardless of division. This is a Princeton thread that you started But......
Old 06-29-19, 02:17 PM
All American

Tardis is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I think there is a legit point about can Princeton match the "physicality" needed to compete in R4. The GCL, Colerain, and Winton Woods do play at a different level than everyone else in terms of how hard and physical they play. Those teams often overcome talent discrepancies with how they play. You see it often when they play teams from other states who probably have more high end talent. You can overcome two or three great players by having all 11 playing on different level. These teams get more out of the non-college level players then anyone, and this especially true of Colerain and X.

It does always result in a win but it's a level of play that keeps Ohio teams much more competitive than their talent levels would indicate. On a state wide level in DI this would include Ed's, I's, Wayne, Pick Central, Mentor, and Hillard Davidson. Yes, these have talent but their level of play separates them and is why each year they are in the title conversation. Colerain and Hillard Davidson especially use this style of play to overcome talent gaps on the back end of the roster, Particularly HD. The number of DI players at HD is minuscule compared to every powerhouse but they way they are coached to play keeps them competitive.
Old 06-29-19, 02:23 PM
All Yappi

^^^^^^^^^^
This is a great post. 30 good football players will beat 5 great football players every time. I believe that Princeton has some good 2nd tier players that maybe getting overshadowed. And IMO the top end guys at Princeton havent really performed up to their hype yet. I think their play would had been elevated at a different high school especially Colerain and Winton Woods. Of course Parris Brown has just got to Princeton but he didnt appear as dominant to me at X as one would think. I only watched one X game but I thought the olineman at Moe (Carpenter) was the best I saw all season and no one was close. I curious if being at Princeton will elevate his game. Has Brown been camping this season or trying to stay healthy and rested since hes already committed?
Old 06-29-19, 03:39 PM
All Yappi

Termite2 will become famous soon enough
Paris Johnson
Old 06-29-19, 04:06 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Termite2 View Post
Paris Johnson
Right. My mistake.