Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-20-19, 05:16 PM
Varsity

22222 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vike16 View Post
I agree. I'm a Viking to the core, but until some other school in the GMC actually wins the title Colerain is king. For the life of me I still don't get why there has been more interest in the GMC football over basketball when you get a different league champion every year. But this year just seems different in football, but one of these GMC schools have to step up and beat Colerain

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
this might be the year that they are knocked off , our VIKINGS might just pull it out , they need to stay healthy and well coach which is a concern for me .
Old 06-20-19, 05:17 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwr112 View Post
I'd worry more about self destruction than injuries. They may be the most talented team in the state based off recruiting rankings. That doesn't win you any games though.
still but hurt over Pfhlug getting fired before he was hired
Old 06-20-19, 06:50 PM
All World

brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22222 View Post
still but hurt over Pfhlug getting fired before he was hired
Not at all. Don't believe I've even met Pfhlug. And know for sure I've never seen one of his teams play.

I do believe Daniels' teams have under achieved so far. I also think I share the same questions as most in wondering if Mike will ever be able to control his staff and players in order for their talents to actually shine. They talk and post a lot about what they're going to do. Just have never actually done it.
Old 06-20-19, 08:05 PM
All Ohio

BASESWIMPARENT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalsFan View Post
So...I'm a bit confused.

What real "talent" has Colerain had over the past decade? I mean, we have not been dripping DI talent...ever. It just doesn't happen. In fact, it's one of the main reasons we lost the state title game...Ed's had more top-tier talent and it wasn't even close. For example, Syncere Jones was one of the best overall players on the team and he got regularly on defense going up against a player who...wait for it...is going to MICHIGAN as a WR. Who could be upset with that? Jones did the best he could but he was no match for that kid. And that's just one example.

I think you are selling Tom a little short. He took a bunch of under-sized kids and put them in position to be incredibly successful. At the end of the day, for a school like Colerain, you simply can't measure success in State Championships...that's ignorant. You have to look at wins, league titles and playoff wins. Here are a few numbers to think about....

Overall through 12 years, Tom Bolden led Colerain to a record of 132-21, or an 86.3% winning percentage. In the regular season, he was a RIDICULOUS 110-10 (91.7%) which included a record of 85-1 in the GMC with 12 straight league titles.

Playoffs matter, you say? Ok, the Cards were 22-11 in his tenure as head coach. Measured against non-Catholic schools, Colerain was 12-3 (80%) in the playoffs. One step further….of the 11 teams that Colerain lost to, 8 of them went on to the State Final and SIX (’07 St. X, ’12 Moeller, ’13 Moeller, ’16 St. X, ’17 Pick Central, ’18 St. Edward) of those 8 teams won State Championships, including 2 each from Moeller and St. Xavier. So to recap:

• 132-21 overall record
• 22-11 Playoff record
• 12 Straight League titles with an 85-1 record
• Playoff participant 11 of 12 years
• 3x Regional runner-up (2007, 2008, 2012)
• 3x Regional Champion (2015, 2017, 2018)
• 2018 State Runner-up

I’m asking you….show me any coach at a public high school playing in Division 1 that has that kind of record in the entire state. I’ll wait.

Colerain is so incredibly successful due to a unique blend of coaches, players, community, school support, & history. The kids in the Colerain program are truly built a little differently. I believe there is a constant “us against the world” mentality that exists with these kids. The Coaches understand these kids and LOVE coaching them. That matters and the kids feed off of that.

Colerain will move on and remember….Coach Coombs hired Coach Cutright. I expect Colerain to take a step back this year, obviously, from a state runner-up finish last year but I fully expect it to be an exciting year of football in Colerain Township and come playoff time, I can guarantee you that NO ONE will want Colerain on their half of the bracket.

-CardinalsFan
Success breeds success. I am not saying Colerain isn't going to be good or even great this year. I am just saying Bolden is changing the culture at West and providing leadership. The talent is there.. like NFL talent or has been recently. If Bolden can get things moving in the right direction, West will see some success
Old 06-21-19, 11:54 AM
All American

OUcats82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BASESWIMPARENT View Post
Success breeds success. I am not saying Colerain isn't going to be good or even great this year. I am just saying Bolden is changing the culture at West and providing leadership. The talent is there.. like NFL talent or has been recently. If Bolden can get things moving in the right direction, West will see some success
From an outsiders perspective it seems to me that for a variety of reasons, West has underachieved in their football history. If anyone can help them fulfill their potential, it's Bolden. Time will tell if he is successful!
Old 07-01-19, 11:58 AM
All Ohio

TWILLKE is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseswimparent View Post
paris and the young man transferring from lasalle for two. Will they be eligible to play all season and in the playoffs?

who was it that transferred from LS?
Old 07-01-19, 05:13 PM
All Ohio

Horton is his last name I think? He was last year's starting quarterback. I think he was a freshman at West.
Old 07-01-19, 07:51 PM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Horton is his last name I think? He was last year's starting quarterback. I think he was a freshman at West.
I think Horton was a Freshman at Lakota East, Sophomore at Lakota West, Junior at LaSalle and will be a Senior at Princeton.
Old 07-01-19, 07:53 PM
All Yappi

Lakota West has a few high end recruits too. Not as many as Princeton but right there with Colerain.
Old 07-01-19, 10:20 PM
All Ohio

I am not surprised at all. We will see how that plays out in the long run.
Old 07-02-19, 05:55 PM
All Ohio

So does anyone know if Paris and Horton will play a full season for Princeton or not?
Old 07-02-19, 06:26 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
So does anyone know if Paris and Horton will play a full season for Princeton or not?
I hope so. But I dont know. The Princeton people might know, ask on their thread
Old 07-03-19, 08:49 AM
All American

OUcats82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
I think Horton was a Freshman at Lakota East, Sophomore at Lakota West, Junior at LaSalle and will be a Senior at Princeton.
Sad if this is true. Cannot be a good look for any potential college suitors from a commitment/loyalty standpoint.
Old 07-03-19, 09:18 AM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
He was a freshman at West.
Old 07-03-19, 11:19 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Yes they can
Old 07-03-19, 05:54 PM
All Ohio

Thank you
Old 07-04-19, 10:15 PM
Freshman

Soul Provider is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22222 View Post
Yes they can
3 schools in 3 years? How can Horton do this after going to two different public schools with a catholic school stop in between?
Old 07-05-19, 04:22 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Provider View Post
3 schools in 3 years? How can Horton do this after going to two different public schools with a catholic school stop in between?
family moves alot or maybe a custody thing between parents. One thing I do know is its nobody's business but that family.
Old 07-05-19, 06:27 AM
All Ohio

Vike16 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
family moves alot or maybe a custody thing between parents. One thing I do know is its nobody's business but that family.

Thank you for saying this
Old 07-05-19, 08:35 AM
All Yappi

Regardless the reason, three different schools has to be close to the local record...especially considering he's not that great a QB in the first place.
Old 07-05-19, 11:14 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
Regardless the reason, three different schools has to be close to the local record...especially considering he's not that great a QB in the first place.
He is not going to play QB at Princeton , unless its mop up performance .
Old 07-11-19, 08:17 AM
All Ohio

TWILLKE is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
SEEMS TO BE FOLLOWING IN HIS BROTHERS FOOTSTEPS. Mikel went to East transferred to West ( a Cox "recruit"--although West "never" recruited under Cox ) went to UK As a running back after 2 years there and not enough playing time he transferred to another school. I think he is out of football and from what I understand LS does not have any misgivings about his brother leaving their program. I wish the kid the best. He is not quarterback material ( sadly LS did not figure that out until the fourth quarter against Elder---Niemann should have been QB last year but I digress---) and potentially a wide receiver or flanker might be his best position
Old 07-11-19, 10:21 AM
All American

marvinlewis08 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Heck no other than Mike Daniels himself was a 3 different schools in 3 years (Lockland, Woodward, Princeton) so maybe he has a soft spot for that
Old 07-11-19, 10:35 AM
All Ohio

Why so many people get butthurt when a kid transfers. It's like they are now bad people and should be demonized because they changed schools smdh

Old 07-11-19, 10:48 AM
All Yappi

The GMC is going to be very intriguing this season. The big stories are Colerain, Lakota West and Princeton. Fairfield might quietly be the best team in the league. And things are very, very quiet over Mason way. Sycamore will be just decent as usual. My theory on Sycamore is its just too small to have good to excellent minor sports and a top notch football program. Those two things dont mix well for small D1 schools. Hamilton has a couple of dudes there but that community is hurting. East is either OK or bad. Oak Hills and Middletown struggle. Middletown will never be good again. It doesnt matter if the school is around for another 100 years.

I think the team with the best QB play between West, Colerain, Princeton and Fairfield will win the conference. The conference lacks quality QBs. If the Verdon kid was at West under Bolden that would tip the scale to West IMO
Old 07-11-19, 10:49 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Why so many people get butthurt when a kid transfers. It's like they are now bad people and should be demonized because they changed schools smdh

Because people are soft.
Old 07-11-19, 10:53 AM
All World

Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Not demonizing a kid, but have you ever put any real thought into what it's like to change schools and the impact that has on a child? It's tough for any child in any grade to completely change school districts. It's especially more impactful emotionally, physically, and psychologically for a high school aged kid to do that. So when a kid is doing it each year of his high school career, and it's clear that it being done for athletics, I think people are right when they say the parents are being neglectful towards their kid and the real consequences those continuous changes do to their pshyche.

Old 07-11-19, 11:04 AM
All Yappi

Quote:

Literally no one said that.
Old 07-11-19, 11:07 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Literally no one said that.
Stop shrugging me lol

Old 07-11-19, 12:18 PM
All Ohio

OldSchoolPanther is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Much to chagrin of other sport coaches, he is really working to change the culture at West.
Do you mean much to the chagrin of the other coaches at LW? What exactly do you mean here? If I were them, I'd take Bolden's advice.