Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  
Old 05-13-19, 10:04 AM
All American

JJBulldog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish60 View Post
I hadn't heard Anthony Gary was joining the staff. If so, he is a strong addition. But on another thread, another name was listed as the incoming strength coach. But the addition of Gary would make a lot of sense.
I will look into it. Either way, we are in very good hands Irish60, in no small part due to the Irish coaches coming in. Btw The very first State Playoff Championship won by Akron St.Vincent-St.Mary under legendary Coach Cistone was 1981, the same year Canton McKinley won our very first one with a defense rated by many as best in the nation. I'm a very big fan of strong defense and I love the fact former Irish Coach Wattley is also very big on defense. The addition of Irish Defensive Co-ordinator Mark Murphy and University of Akron Defensive Backs Coach Otis Pounds should improve our team on that side of the ball considerably.

Always keep the faith!

WHERE CHAMPIONS ARE MADE AND SUCCESS IS TRADITION
Old 05-13-19, 10:23 AM
All World

Egret has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish60 View Post
I hadn't heard Anthony Gary was joining the staff. If so, he is a strong addition. But on another thread, another name was listed as the incoming strength coach. But the addition of Gary would make a lot of sense.
I'm not surprised. This clown has been wrong so many times I can't believe he still posts on here. LOL.
Old 05-13-19, 10:38 AM
All World

Caleb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pup pounder View Post
Here we go.lots of uncertainty. Here's my picks.
1 Massillon
2 Perry
3 Mckinley
4 Central
5 North canton
6 Jackson
7 Glenoak
8 Louisville
9 Canton south
10 Tuslaw
Unless something unexpectedly happens, there's Massillon then everybody else as it usually is.
Old 05-13-19, 10:42 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
I'm not surprised. This clown has been wrong so many times I can't believe he still posts on here. LOL.
The clown you see is the one in the mirror, you big old dumb azz. Enjoy 0-48!

Without our Official OHSAA Big School State Football Championships, Stark County would have none.
Old 05-13-19, 10:47 AM
All World

Yes, and the sun would still come up every day exposing you to miserable crap life you have. Especially since your entire existence centers around a freaking high school football team. Loser.
Old 05-13-19, 10:58 AM
All American

Quote:
Yes, and the sun would still come up every day exposing you to miserable crap life you have. Especially since your entire existence centers around a freaking high school football team. Loser.
You're the one with 4 times as many posts on a "freaking high school football " forum, you old fat head. Now go drink some metamucil and prune juice and leave debate to younger people like me with beautiful wives and families, who, unlike you, don't suffer the effects of senile psychosis.

Old 05-13-19, 11:01 AM
All World

OK, I know you're from McKinley so I'll go really, REALLY slow. 4500 posts in 10 years. 1200+ in a year and a half. Who posts more, Einstein? God, what an idiot.
Old 05-13-19, 11:17 AM
All American

Quote:
OK, I know you're from McKinley so I'll go really, REALLY slow. 4500 posts in 10 years. 1200+ in a year and a half. Who posts more, Einstein? God, what an idiot.
And you are 'projecting' again, you Massillon moron, and in more ways than one.

And since you are bringing :'projection' into this (as usual), I project Massillon is 0-48 after this season.

Without our Official OHSAA Big School State Football Championships, Stark County would have none.
Old 05-13-19, 11:56 AM
Varsity

generalisimo is on a distinguished road
If Marlington drops to Division IV maybe they can reorganize the teams into something called Division 4 and kick Steubenville out. Just a thought.
Old 05-13-19, 12:26 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBulldog View Post
The clown you see is the one in the mirror, you big old dumb azz. Enjoy 0-48!

I'd like to step in here and defend Egret by verifying that he is neither big or old.
Old 05-13-19, 12:45 PM
All Yappi

Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
I'd like to step in here and defend Egret by verifying that he is neither big or old.
That comment reminds me of the guy who, when accused, vehemently denied liking to eat sh!t sandwiches because he doesn't like bread.
Old 05-13-19, 01:56 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
That comment reminds me of the guy who, when accused, vehemently denied liking to eat sh!t sandwiches because he doesn't like bread.
Go take a walk. It's a balmy 50 degrees in Ohio today. God knows you need the exercise.
Old 05-13-19, 02:20 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
Egret knows I just like to yank his chain!
Old 05-13-19, 02:54 PM
All Ohio

Old Wildcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by generalisimo View Post
If Marlington drops to Division IV maybe they can reorganize the teams into something called Division 4 and kick Steubenville out. Just a thought.
Wow you nailed it. Marlington got Louisville kicked out of the league all by them selves. They did it. They have so much pull they get what ever they want. Yep Steubenville is the next on the list. Ok your post is a typical Louisville fan attitude. Obnoxious and it was near 3 years ago, get over it. Move on for God sakes.
Old 05-13-19, 03:17 PM
All American

Bluestreakoffice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I will look into it. Either way, we are in very good hands Irish60, in no small part due to the Irish coaches coming in. Btw The very first State Playoff Championship won by Akron St.Vincent-St.Mary under legendary Coach Cistone was 1981, the same year Canton McKinley won our very first one with a defense rated by many as best in the nation. I'm a very big fan of strong defense and I love the fact former Irish Coach Wattley is also very big on defense. The addition of Irish Defensive Co-ordinator Mark Murphy and University of Akron Defensive Backs Coach Otis Pounds should improve our team on that side of the ball considerably.

Always keep the faith!

1972 St V 28........ Columbus Watterson 7............. AA State Champion......Game played at Massillon......might want to get your facts right
Old 05-13-19, 03:59 PM
All Region

DickShadow is on a distinguished road
I'd be surprised if it was Gary, good coach but has baggage
Old 05-13-19, 05:34 PM
All Region

mtigers96 is on a distinguished road
Massillon

Everyone else is playing for 2nd
Old 05-13-19, 05:57 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestreakoffice View Post
1972 St V 28........ Columbus Watterson 7............. AA State Champion......Game played at Massillon......might want to get your facts right

Ahhhh, I was right about them winning in '81, but it wasn't their first like ours. Thanks for pointing that out. Christians aren't perfect,just forgiven.

ALWAYS KEEP THE FAITH!

Without our Official OHSAA Big School Football State Championships, Stark County would have none. Now that's an undisputed fact!

Last edited by JJBulldog; 05-13-19 at 06:19 PM.
Old 05-13-19, 06:30 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickShadow View Post
I'd be surprised if it was Gary, good coach but has baggage
Earlier in this same thread, you didn't even know his name, let alone who he was. What's in a name? It's pretty obvious your's is very appropriate for you! He doesn't have baggage, but boy YOU sure do!

Without our Official OHSAA Big School Football State Championships, Stark County would have NONE.

Old 05-13-19, 06:49 PM
All American

Quote:
Ahhhh, I was right about them winning in '81, but it wasn't their first like ours. Thanks for pointing that out. Christians aren't perfect,just forgiven.

ALWAYS KEEP THE FAITH!

Without our Official OHSAA Big School Football State Championships, Stark County would have none. Now that's an undisputed fact!

JJ I have to ask....Official OHSAA State Championships as you are saying, they are published in the OHSAA website. They also publish the Football AP Poll CHAMPIONS...along with the AP All Ohio Teams ( everybody seems to have no issue with the AP picking the players who make the teams)...so question...why does the OHSAA have the AP Football CHAMPIONS and keep it current on the Official OHSAA Website?

https://ohsaa.org/Portals/0/Sports/R...lChampions.pdf
Old 05-13-19, 10:16 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestreakoffice View Post
JJ I have to ask....Official OHSAA State Championships as you are saying, they are published in the OHSAA website. They also publish the Football AP Poll CHAMPIONS...along with the AP All Ohio Teams ( everybody seems to have no issue with the AP picking the players who make the teams)...so question...why does the OHSAA have the AP Football CHAMPIONS and keep it current on the Official OHSAA Website?

https://ohsaa.org/Portals/0/Sports/R...lChampions.pdf
Picking players and picking state champions are two completely different things. Paper titles aren't official, and for a very good reason. When the OHSAA began the playoffs in 1972, Massillon was the AP Poll Champion, but lost in playoffs to Cinci Princeton. Princeton was then totally blown out by Warren Western Reserve 37-6. It was pretty obvious that the AP selection method was deeply flawed. Therefore, only playoff State Championships won in their tournaments count as official. Canton McKinley and Cincinnati Princeton lead the D1 Publics with 3 each, while the Private powerhouse Cleveland St. Ignatius leads all with 11.

One might ask how those AP paper titles were listed without listing the previous methods of picking state champions prior to the AP (popular acclaim. etc.). Afterall, those titles, too, were no more subjective than the paper AP titles, chosen largely on reputation and regional bias.. There were also UPI state titles. I can't tell you why they aren't also listed. The people who want to count them as legit can't tell you if Canton McKinley has 12 Football State Championships or 11, or how many Massillon claimed, because nobody agrees entirely on them all. Its impossible to make them official.

One interesting fact is that a State Championship 'playoff' actually happened in 1945, when the 'chosen' State Champion was undefeated Toledo Waite and unbeaten Canton Lincoln High challenged them to a final. The game was played before an overflow crowd of 26,000 @ Canton's Fawcett Stadium and the two teams battled to a 6-6 tie. That is an actual State Playoff Championship ignored in the list as well as it is not official, either, although it arguably has far more legitimacy than a bunch of sports writers, mostly from northern Ohio who never saw any of the teams actually play that were outside of their own surrounds. Many never even saw their local teams, but voted based upon reputations instead of what they actually observed. Tech was not available.

Even now, we have the net, many games streamed and recorded for everyone in the state to see and analyze, and yet we wound up with undefeated Colerain as last year's AP Poll Champion who went on to get thumped by St. Edward in the State playoff Championship, 24-10. OHSAA just can't feel justified in making AP paper Poll titles 'OFFICIAL'. Unlike Massillon, Canton McKinley won State Championships in ALL formats and might feel a lot more justified in claiming it's paper titles along with its Official playoff State Championships. It is what it is. Canton McKinley has 27 Official OHSAA State Championships in several sports total. Massillon has no official titles in any sport. But they do have an impressive stack of paper!

Old 05-13-19, 10:32 PM
All Yappi

Maxie can only hope to improve
65-38-3
Old 05-13-19, 10:37 PM
All Yappi

Maxie can only hope to improve
6️⃣5️⃣➖3️⃣8️⃣➖3️⃣
Old 05-13-19, 11:09 PM
All American

Quote:
Picking players and picking state champions are two completely different things. Paper titles aren't official, and for a very good reason. When the OHSAA began the playoffs in 1972, Massillon was the AP Poll Champion, but lost in playoffs to Cinci Princeton. Princeton was then totally blown out by Warren Western Reserve 37-6. It was pretty obvious that the AP selection method was deeply flawed. Therefore, only playoff State Championships won in their tournaments count as official. Canton McKinley and Cincinnati Princeton lead the D1 Publics with 3 each, while the Private powerhouse Cleveland St. Ignatius leads all with 11.

One might ask how those AP paper titles were listed without listing the previous methods of picking state champions prior to the AP (popular acclaim. etc.). Afterall, those titles, too, were no more subjective than the paper AP titles, chosen largely on reputation and regional bias.. There were also UPI state titles. I can't tell you why they aren't also listed. The people who want to count them as legit can't tell you if Canton McKinley has 12 Football State Championships or 11, or how many Massillon claimed, because nobody agrees entirely on them all. Its impossible to make them official.

One interesting fact is that a State Championship 'playoff' actually happened in 1945, when the 'chosen' State Champion was undefeated Toledo Waite and unbeaten Canton Lincoln High challenged them to a final. The game was played before an overflow crowd of 26,000 @ Canton's Fawcett Stadium and the two teams battled to a 6-6 tie. That is an actual State Playoff Championship ignored in the list as well as it is not official, either, although it arguably has far more legitimacy than a bunch of sports writers, mostly from northern Ohio who never saw any of the teams actually play that were outside of their own surrounds. Many never even saw their local teams, but voted based upon reputations instead of what they actually observed. Tech was not available.

Even now, we have the net, many games streamed and recorded for everyone in the state to see and analyze, and yet we wound up with undefeated Colerain as last year's AP Poll Champion who went on to get thumped by St. Edward in the State playoff Championship, 24-10. OHSAA just can't feel justified in making AP paper Poll titles 'OFFICIAL'. Unlike Massillon, Canton McKinley won State Championships in ALL formats and might feel a lot more justified in claiming it's paper titles along with its Official playoff State Championships. It is what it is. Canton McKinley has 27 Official OHSAA State Championships in several sports total. Massillon has no official titles in any sport. But they do have an impressive stack of paper!

JJ in previous posts you drive the Massillon faithful and some of the McKinley fans crazy with what you say and how you say it. I have to say that this post is one that is worth reading. Will everybody agree...no, but you did answer the question in a style that many on here thought you wouldn't do

Last edited by Bluestreakoffice; 05-13-19 at 11:23 PM.
Old 05-14-19, 08:05 AM
Junior Varsity

Larry Hester is an unknown quantity at this point
It is Massillon and everyone else representing Summit County's little brother.
Old 05-14-19, 09:09 AM
All Yappi

ohiopup is on a distinguished road
Quote:
P...
One might ask how those AP paper titles were listed without listing the previous methods of picking state champions prior to the AP (popular acclaim. etc.)...
Actually; I know the answer, anyone care to guess?

:>---

EGA
Old 05-14-19, 12:46 PM
All District

LB#33 is on a distinguished road
Massillon needs to find a running back. I’m aware 29 is back but I don’t see him as a guy that can carry it 20-25 times a game in my opinion. He’s a excellent backup and spell guy. I could be wrong though. #6 last year in the title game showed me he was the guy that should’ve got most of the carries his speed Hoban had a hard time with. Guess we’ll have to wait and find out. Massillon’s passing game should be fantastic again next year with the QB and 2 WR they have coming back.
Old 05-14-19, 02:05 PM
Varsity

generalisimo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Wildcat View Post
Wow you nailed it. Marlington got Louisville kicked out of the league all by them selves. They did it. They have so much pull they get what ever they want. Yep Steubenville is the next on the list. Ok your post is a typical Louisville fan attitude. Obnoxious and it was near 3 years ago, get over it. Move on for God sakes.
I'm sorry, it was a joke. It was an attempt at humor. I didn't mean to offend.I am over it .Sorry you're so sensitive 3 years later.
Old 05-14-19, 02:20 PM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LB#33 View Post
Massillon needs to find a running back. I’m aware 29 is back but I don’t see him as a guy that can carry it 20-25 times a game in my opinion. He’s a excellent backup and spell guy. I could be wrong though. #6 last year in the title game showed me he was the guy that should’ve got most of the carries his speed Hoban had a hard time with. Guess we’ll have to wait and find out. Massillon’s passing game should be fantastic again next year with the QB and 2 WR they have coming back.
Kyshad Mack got better every game, he was great. Jamir carried the load before but next year will be more by committee. Beside Phifer we got Hodges, Beasley and Venson and probably couple others. Don't worry about O worry about D.
Old 05-14-19, 02:55 PM
All Yappi

Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
Kyshad Mack got better every game, he was great. Jamir carried the load before but next year will be more by committee. Beside Phifer we got Hodges, Beasley and Venson and probably couple others. Don't worry about O worry about D.
That's quite a stretch. Mack only carried the ball twice in the regular season. And that was for 8 yards against Louisville.

Then he carried it once against Wadsworth for no gain.

Against Hoban it was 5 carries for 59 yards.

8 carries for 67 yards is not "great."