Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Old 05-15-19, 04:52 PM
All American

aged jock is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJH View Post
I know for a fact that a certain girls bball player at Alter has had her tuition paid for since she trans as a soph by a doctor who has a daughter on the team. So plz stop, Alter is far from clean
Youíre saying that a guy is willing to help a young girl get a great education with her friend is somehow a cloud on the school? Youíre kidding, right?

So, evening up the playing field for someone whose family canít afford it is somehow unfair versus a public school, where they offer three meals a day, free books, free computers and who knows what else?

Good thing OHSAA doesnít agree with you on that count. Locking a kid into a government school when she is given a great opportunity to get a fantastic education is just cruel. Is that your goal?
Old 05-15-19, 04:58 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by aged jock View Post
Youíre saying that a guy is willing to help a young girl get a great education with her friend is somehow a cloud on the school? Youíre kidding, right?

So, evening up the playing field for someone whose family canít afford it is somehow unfair versus a public school, where they offer three meals a day, free books, free computers and who knows what else?

Good thing OHSAA doesnít agree with you on that count. Locking a kid into a government school when she is given a great opportunity to get a fantastic education is just cruel. Is that your goal?
I think you may be a bit delusional about public schools... they are far from free. There are a bunch of fees for everything plus pay to play fees as well.

I'm not going to get into this "free ride" at private schools but I do know of an example where it is happening. I will leave it at that as I do not care but to think it is not happening is well ... oh well....
Old 05-15-19, 10:31 PM
All Region

shoprat2 is on a distinguished road
Bottom line here is very few d-1 schools use a coach as AD. There also was the matter of some mishandled money a few years ago. Minton was evaluated as AD found lacking ,put on an improvement plan and did not meet the standard set. This mess is why few coaches are also athletic admins. The coach works for the Ad. When they are one and the same that creates a conflict of interest. This story is not about Coach Minton but A.D. Minton. Can we get back to the original topic and quit demeaning coaches?
Old 05-16-19, 06:33 AM
All American

El Indio is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
LOL @ guys like Indio and Ballboy.

So much ďfirst hand knowledge,Ē but never providing anything close to an actual example.
You're not too bright are you fishboy? Yeah, I'm going to tell everyone their names so they can be dragged through the mud. Get real. If you want to believe that Catholics don't pay certain kids to attend and play sports, that's on you.

How can people be so stupid?!
Old 05-16-19, 06:56 AM
All Ohio

ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom 48 View Post
So, what's new at Wayne?
Thread went sideways, but I am wondering the same thing. Has Minton been offered a teaching contract yet?
Old 05-16-19, 07:03 AM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Indio View Post
You're not too bright are you fishboy? Yeah, I'm going to tell everyone their names so they can be dragged through the mud. Get real. If you want to believe that Catholics don't pay certain kids to attend and play sports, that's on you.

How can people be so stupid?!
I know, right? How people can just blindly believe whatever bullsht you choose to throw out there without any proof is, in fact, pretty stupid.

Carry on.
Old 05-16-19, 07:36 AM
All Yappi

FBGuy is on a distinguished road
Didn't the OHSAA put Alter on probation for alums paying the way for girls basketball players there?

https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...8eUhCY3nmM6aJ/
Old 05-16-19, 07:42 AM
All American

New Breed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
Thread went sideways, but I am wondering the same thing. Has Minton been offered a teaching contract yet?
I thought he was offered a middle school teaching job...
Old 05-16-19, 07:54 AM
All Yappi

tom 48 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Breed View Post
Seems like quite a demotion. Is the school board trying to push him out? It looks as if the community wouldn't stand for it.
Old 05-16-19, 01:31 PM
All Ohio

ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Breed View Post
That is what I heard was supposed to happen, but the last DDN article indicated that no position had been offered yet
Old 05-16-19, 03:14 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom 48 View Post
Seems like quite a demotion. Is the school board trying to push him out? It looks as if the community wouldn't stand for it.
Yes, well it is actually the Union as they have been getting rid of anyone who stands in the way.

True, we will not.
Old 05-16-19, 03:24 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoprat2 View Post
Bottom line here is very few d-1 schools use a coach as AD. There also was the matter of some mishandled money a few years ago. Minton was evaluated as AD found lacking ,put on an improvement plan and did not meet the standard set. This mess is why few coaches are also athletic admins. The coach works for the Ad. When they are one and the same that creates a conflict of interest. This story is not about Coach Minton but A.D. Minton. Can we get back to the original topic and quit demeaning coaches?
True
That was gate receipts that went missing. He was coaching the game and had nothing to do with it but since he was AD he was responsible. He paid the missing money out of pocket.
Yes, he was found lacking by the people pushing him out. It is a trend in the school district of late. That is what happens when something becomes corrupt. He was told that once he got the financials under control he can get staffing back. He did so he restructured a plan that got rejected as they did not keep their part of the deal.

While he did not like it he was OK about losing the AD job but wanted to remain at the high school. He is all about the kids and there is where he is needed. There is absolutely no doubt what so ever that this is all a personal vendetta and nothing else. Wayne has continually gone down hill with the state grading system year after year yet nothing was done to the Super. Now the Super (Who was the one who forced Minton's resignation) is leaving but a friend of the "movement" is taking her place coming here from Yellow Springs a school that is not even big enough to have a football team to take over. That hire makes no sense what so ever.....
Old 05-16-19, 03:52 PM
All Yappi

tom 48 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
Yes, well it is actually the Union as they have been getting rid of anyone who stands in the way.

True, we will not.
Wouldn't the union stand behind one of their own? " Anyone who stands in the way." Stands in the way of what? Not sure I understand.
Old 05-16-19, 07:45 PM
Inactive

GLAT is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GLAT
From an outsider it looks like this...

Minton told to get administrative cert...did not want to for whatever reason maybe afraid of getting more responsibility without the pay etc.

The super called his bluff and this is where we are.

If Minton does not have an administrative cert he is on a glorified teacher pay scale as AD and union would rep him. However they would not stand behind him in bumping a teacher at the HS or any other school just to give him a spot.
Old 05-16-19, 09:18 PM
All American

aged jock is on a distinguished road
Sorry to take this thread so far from its original point. Was only trying to correct factual misstatements about private schools.

I’m very aware that public schools have certain fees, etc. That doesn’t detract from my point.

Also aware that a grade school girls basketball team reimbursed fees paid to the grade school team for players who later attended Alter. The amounts were very small-in the hundred dollar vicinity. Alter’s tuition alone, not counting fees, pay to play, etc., is over $10,000. Most of the girls didn’t even go out for basketball at Alter, and very folew played.

Alter had nothing to do with the whole thing, and it wasn’t alums paying kids to play sports. But OHSAA said Alter should have investigated and somehow prevented the fee reimbursements.

This will be my last post on this thread, in respect to the aWayne folks, so they can discuss their beloved and successful coach’s situation.
Old 05-17-19, 12:47 AM
All Ohio

Ballboy000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
True
That was gate receipts that went missing. He was coaching the game and had nothing to do with it but since he was AD he was responsible. He paid the missing money out of pocket.
Yes, he was found lacking by the people pushing him out. It is a trend in the school district of late. That is what happens when something becomes corrupt. He was told that once he got the financials under control he can get staffing back. He did so he restructured a plan that got rejected as they did not keep their part of the deal.

While he did not like it he was OK about losing the AD job but wanted to remain at the high school. He is all about the kids and there is where he is needed. There is absolutely no doubt what so ever that this is all a personal vendetta and nothing else. Wayne has continually gone down hill with the state grading system year after year yet nothing was done to the Super. Now the Super (Who was the one who forced Minton's resignation) is leaving but a friend of the "movement" is taking her place coming here from Yellow Springs a school that is not even big enough to have a football team to take over. That hire makes no sense what so ever.....
Sounds like you have an internal mess over there in Huber that is not going to get better. Could be downhill from here for the Warriors. Administratively is how these downfalls begin. It was a sweet 38 year run while it lasted Vamps.
Old 05-17-19, 11:59 AM
All District

Bull_Elk is on a distinguished road
For those interested, the job opening for athletic director position at Huber Heights City Schools (Wayne High School) has been posted on the Dayton Area School Consortium website:

https://www.applitrack.com/dayton/on...Administration

The position listing does have an attachment with the job description.
Old 05-17-19, 02:00 PM
MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

MoeDude is on a distinguished road
After all is said and done how much will this cut into Minton's recruiting budget?!?!?
Old 05-17-19, 04:40 PM
All Region

wayne60 is on a distinguished road
I never knew so many people were afraid of Wayne and get this excited over coach Miton. Even if he decides to not coach, I'm sure Huber will not just hire any one to take over. Let's not forget, Wayne still have some pretty good athletes.
Old 05-17-19, 07:43 PM
Freshman

waynegrad1 is on a distinguished road
I have read with great interest the posts on this thread the last few days and felt the need to respond. Here are some facts; Jay had an opportunity to keep his Athletic Secretary when the job was eliminated as a budget cut. He offered no resistance and the cut was implemented. He still had internal support as existing office personnel and an assistant AD were available to help. Help included his daughter, who performed numerous clerical duties for her father. Jay was notorious for not responding to emails or phone calls. He was also known to delay the signing of PO's required for equipment or uniform purchases for other sports. He was put on notice some years ago when it was discovered he had not performed required evaluations for Coach Trice and others for a number of years. Many sports including boys and girls soccer, girls softball, baseball, and boys and girls golf have had been non-competitive in recent years. You will notice there were not many head coaches rushing to support Jay. Jay is a good football coach and by all accounts a good person. He was , however, a lousy administrator. It was time for a change
Old 05-18-19, 09:29 PM
All Ohio

Ballboy000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynegrad1 View Post
I have read with great interest the posts on this thread the last few days and felt the need to respond. Here are some facts; Jay had an opportunity to keep his Athletic Secretary when the job was eliminated as a budget cut. He offered no resistance and the cut was implemented. He still had internal support as existing office personnel and an assistant AD were available to help. Help included his daughter, who performed numerous clerical duties for her father. Jay was notorious for not responding to emails or phone calls. He was also known to delay the signing of PO's required for equipment or uniform purchases for other sports. He was put on notice some years ago when it was discovered he had not performed required evaluations for Coach Trice and others for a number of years. Many sports including boys and girls soccer, girls softball, baseball, and boys and girls golf have had been non-competitive in recent years. You will notice there were not many head coaches rushing to support Jay. Jay is a good football coach and by all accounts a good person. He was , however, a lousy administrator. It was time for a change
I've heard the same from a very good source.
Old 05-20-19, 07:39 AM
All Yappi

FBGuy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Let me make sure I get this. These are things you are saying are negative towards Minton.
1) When the school board eliminated his secretary, he didn't fight the board? He didn't speak out against his bosses when they submitted a position cut?
2) After eliminating his secretary, Jay didn't respond to emails or phone calls as many would like?
3) After having his secretary and other support positions eliminated and spending countless hours working to reduce the pay to play, Minton didn't do a good job of turning in evaluations on some coaches?
4) Sports like girls softball and golf have been noncompetitive? Sure they have been terrific in football, basketball and track. They just had a state champ in wrestling. However, the girls golf team has really been down the past few years and that is Minton's fault. The stud female athletes are dying to pay $400 to play softball, volleyball, or golf?
5) Not too many coaches chose to speak out against their bosses in favor of Minton? They didn't chose to be quoted or taped speaking out against the board and superintendent, who are the ones getting rid of Minton? They chose to not risk their jobs and speak out against this? That is interesting. And that is a bad reflection on Minton, not a tyrannical school board and super?
6) He is a great person and football coach but after having his support staff eliminated and pay to play implemented, he has become a terrible administrator?

I just have one question. Is this post a joke?

OK, one more question. Sorry. How many principals has Wayne High School had in the last five years?
Old 05-20-19, 08:43 AM
Inactive

GLAT is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GLAT
You can't pick and choose what parts of the job you do. If I did with my job I would no longer have a job.
Old 05-20-19, 11:16 AM
Freshman

waynegrad1 is on a distinguished road
1) When you choose to allow your Athletic Secretary to be eliminated you lose the right to use it as an excuse for incompetence.
2) Jay didn’t respond to emails and phone calls BEFORE the secretary position was eliminated.
3) Evaluations were required for all coaches. It’s part of your job. DO YOUR JOB!!!
4) So girls sports don’t matter to you. Not surprised.
5) Coaches don’t have to deal with the Superintendent or the school board on a regular basis. They had to deal with Jay. Their silence speaks volumes.
6) He was a terrible administrator BEFORE cuts were initiated.
7) 2 Principals in the last 5 years; Reva Cosby and Jeff Berk. Are you suggesting there is a correlation between the number of Principals and the AD doing a lousy job?

You will choose to believe what you choose to believe. Wayne sports will benefit from a change at the top. It may take some time. But this move was long overdue
Old 05-20-19, 11:22 AM
All World

cincyhoops is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeDude View Post
After all is said and done how much will this cut into Minton's recruiting budget?!?!?
However much it cuts into it, Wayne's recruiting budget will still be far less than Moeller. I was watching an interview with the Moeller pitcher who threw a perfect game the other day and he said he really got to think about his accomplishment on his daily hour drive home from Moeller. Where the heck is he coming from each day?
Old 05-20-19, 11:26 AM
All Region

Blondie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyhoops View Post
However much it cuts into it, Wayne's recruiting budget will still be far less than Moeller. I was watching an interview with the Moeller pitcher who threw a perfect game the other day and he said he really got to think about his accomplishment on his daily hour drive home from Moeller. Where the heck is he coming from each day?
Kentucky or Indiana would be my guess.
Old 05-20-19, 11:27 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyhoops View Post
They recruited a kid in Clayton which is north of Dayton.....
Old 05-20-19, 11:48 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
1) When you choose to allow your Athletic Secretary to be eliminated you lose the right to use it as an excuse for incompetence.
2) Jay didnít respond to emails and phone calls BEFORE the secretary position was eliminated.
3) Evaluations were required for all coaches. Itís part of your job. DO YOUR JOB!!!
4) So girls sports donít matter to you. Not surprised.
5) Coaches donít have to deal with the Superintendent or the school board on a regular basis. They had to deal with Jay. Their silence speaks volumes.
6) He was a terrible administrator BEFORE cuts were initiated.
7) 2 Principals in the last 5 years; Reva Cosby and Jeff Berk. Are you suggesting there is a correlation between the number of Principals and the AD doing a lousy job?

You will choose to believe what you choose to believe. Wayne sports will benefit from a change at the top. It may take some time. But this move was long overdue
1) The secretary had zero experience and was a hinder not a help. His staff was depleted. He had a revised plan that was turned down. Basically, we don't care as we want you out.

2) Every time I visited Jay he was always on the phone... maybe some calls got missed but he was always doing something or going somewhere. He had little to no help.

3) Don't know about that one

4) Seriously.... The girls basketball team has been successful but it is not the fault of the AD if some sports are not competitive. What is your suggestion to improve the competitiveness of these sports... as I recall they tried to do away with all sports at Wayne in order to pressure the voters to pass a school levee.... that backfired. A school levee in Huber Heights will never pass again because of the greed of the union.

5) Silence is how the Super and the Board went about doing this without nobody knowing. None of the coaches were asked anything about Jay's performance. There were coaches at both meeting that express a shock to what was going on and felt that they were left out in the dark without an opinion.

6) That is an opinion. Wayne has been a failing school academically now and yet the Super was able to stick around....

7) Don't care.....

==================================

Let me ask you a few questions:

Do you feel that the union is corrupt?
Why is the new Super friends with the Union President as well as the old Super? Is that the reason they got a job because coming from a school like Yellow Springs that is not even big enough to field a football team to a school the size of Wayne seems pretty drastic to me.
Do you believe that the new AD has already been decided and they are just going through a formality?
Do you believe that more emphasis should be spent on the money making sports of Football, Track, and Basketball or do you believe it all should be equal?
Why was Minton's resignation done in secret?
This all could of been avoided if they would of honored a 21 year employee's request to stay teaching at the high school instead of being moved to the junior high...
To me this is a personal vendetta against a great person and a great coach as I believe their is political corruption going on in the school district as a number of teachers have also been forced out over the last few years as well as reports of political bullying. This may stem way back to the strike days that divided our community and once again it will get divided even more. Minton was going to retire in 2 years and he should of been treated with the upmost respect instead of being used as an escape goat for a troubling school district.
Old 05-20-19, 11:57 AM
All District

CoachRuxin is on a distinguished road
Do you believe that the new AD has already been contacted? No dog in this race, just curious your thoughts.
Old 05-20-19, 12:00 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachRuxin View Post
Do you believe that the new AD has already been contacted? No dog in this race, just curious your thoughts.
I believe they already know who they want and no surprise if there is a connection of the new hire with the union president. That is the consensus of those who were at the meetings that were told this by reliable sources about the truth of what is really going on.