Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-05-19, 05:23 PM
All District

HighSchoolFB45 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdna View Post
D3 is about to get really familiar with the name Tayveon Crawford. Keep sleeping on Big Red if you want to.
I think you could argue that he isnít even the best running back in region 9 (Jack Porter).
But itís not that everyone is sleeping on Steubenville. Everyone knows they are a great program. Itís that we are warning you DIII is a different animal than DIV, especially in region 9 and especially this year, when DIII as a whole is deeper than its ever been.
Old 07-05-19, 05:34 PM
All Region

erdna is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighSchoolFB45 View Post
I think you could argue that he isnít even the best running back in region 9 (Jack Porter).
But itís not that everyone is sleeping on Steubenville. Everyone knows they are a great program. Itís that we are warning you DIII is a different animal than DIV, especially in region 9 and especially this year, when DIII as a whole is deeper than its ever been.
You act as if Big Red has never been in Div 3. If memory serves me correct Big Red won 43 straight games and 2 state titles in D3. Big Red has also won a title in D2. Warning me about D3...that's hilarious! As scary a place as you believe D3 is I'm sure Big Red will show up. You act like it's the SEC! Facts are year in and year out Big Red is one of the top 5 teams in D4...the same applies in the mighty mighty D3.
Old 07-05-19, 06:16 PM
All World

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by doverbuck View Post
Dang I thought challenging was being respectful,Steubenville thrashed Dover last year and has romped in 2 of the 4 games,East has split with Dover in 4 years and Canfield has been tremendous for several years after a few down years. Chill
He was referring to the people saying Steubenville couldnít compete in D3, which is laughable, even if I donít particularly like Steubenville itís direct disrespect to not say that they can compete with everyone in D3
Old 07-05-19, 08:06 PM
All District

Quote:
You act as if Big Red has never been in Div 3. If memory serves me correct Big Red won 43 straight games and 2 state titles in D3. Big Red has also won a title in D2. Warning me about D3...that's hilarious! As scary a place as you believe D3 is I'm sure Big Red will show up. You act like it's the SEC! Facts are year in and year out Big Red is one of the top 5 teams in D4...the same applies in the mighty mighty D3.
They were in D3 when there were only 6 divisions, which was still basically D4. From 2012 to 2009, the time they were in D3, they made it past the second round 1 time, and had a combined playoff record of 5-4. Then in 2008, they moved down to D4, and guess what? They ran through the playoffs for a state title. In 2007 they were still in D4 and got beat in the regional finals. Then if you go all the way back to 2006, 13 years ago, is when they had success in the old D3.

Iím not trying to hate on Steubenville. They are a great program with a lot of history and success.

But I would say the same thing if Kirtland, Mogadore, Marion Local, or Coldwater moved up to say D4 and their fans started saying how the rest of the state should be on notice. Youíre telling me that Kirtland or Mogadore would have made it out of Region 13 last year? They would have matched up with one of Perry, Steubenville, Hubbard, Youngstown East or Girard in the first round. Then second round they would have to face one of those teams. Then in the regional finals they would face another one of those teams. Now Marion Local and Coldwater might have made it out of Region 14 as the only legit team in that region was St. Maryís, but no way they make it out of Region 16 with Wyoming, Massie, Taft and London.
Old 07-05-19, 10:25 PM
All Ohio

Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
They were in D3 when there were only 6 divisions, which was still basically D4. From 2012 to 2009, the time they were in D3, they made it past the second round 1 time, and had a combined playoff record of 5-4. Then in 2008, they moved down to D4, and guess what? They ran through the playoffs for a state title. In 2007 they were still in D4 and got beat in the regional finals. Then if you go all the way back to 2006, 13 years ago, is when they had success in the old D3.

Iím not trying to hate on Steubenville. They are a great program with a lot of history and success.

But I would say the same thing if Kirtland, Mogadore, Marion Local, or Coldwater moved up to say D4 and their fans started saying how the rest of the state should be on notice. Youíre telling me that Kirtland or Mogadore would have made it out of Region 13 last year? They would have matched up with one of Perry, Steubenville, Hubbard, Youngstown East or Girard in the first round. Then second round they would have to face one of those teams. Then in the regional finals they would face another one of those teams. Now Marion Local and Coldwater might have made it out of Region 14 as the only legit team in that region was St. Maryís, but no way they make it out of Region 16 with Wyoming, Massie, Taft and London.
Your argument would hold more water here if Stuebenville was making the jump from D4 to D2 or D1. Coldwater, ML Kirtland Mogadore all were D6. Moving up one division is not that big of a deal for a perennial power. Kirtland is moving up to D5 this year and has a very good chance at making a run. Im not saying that Big red will win it all but they surely won't be at a disadvantage because they moved up one division. It is honestly not that big of a difference.
Old 07-06-19, 06:17 AM
All Ohio

Mr.wrsln2 is on a distinguished road
Too many divisions anyway.They all are thinner than they should be,not counting d1
Old 07-06-19, 09:22 AM
All Region

Quote:

That's the silliest post I've ever read! Take all the teams in the "new" D3 and Big Red's record is DOMINATE against them.
Old 07-06-19, 11:50 AM
All District

Quote:
That's the silliest post I've ever read! Take all the teams in the "new" D3 and Big Red's record is DOMINATE against them.
Can you give me those teams? Bishop Hartley is in D3 and has beat Steubenville in the state title game twice since 2015. Has Steubenville played Trotwood? Archbishop Alter? Kenston? Norwalk? Iím sure they beat up on the average teams of region 9 but who else?
Old 07-06-19, 01:07 PM
All World

1disciple is on a distinguished road
If I'm not mistaken Steubenville has beaten and lost to Alter in title games. Also Norwalk shouldn't be named with those schools. They haven't been world beaters for the past 20 years.

Last edited by 1disciple; 07-06-19 at 01:36 PM.
Old 07-06-19, 02:47 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1disciple View Post
If I'm not mistaken Steubenville has beaten and lost to Alter in title games. Also Norwalk shouldn't be named with those schools. They haven't been world beaters for the past 20 years.
Yea Norwalk wasnít a good choice, I was trying to think of a consistent program in Region 10 but their really arenít any lol. But yes, the last time Steubenville played Alter was in 2008 and they lost. Iíd prefer to keep it within 10 years because Ohio High School Football has changed quite a bit since the 2000s.
Old 07-06-19, 03:06 PM
Varsity

Bad Blake is on a distinguished road
Steubenville All time vs higher level region 9 teams
Aurora 1-0
Buchtel 8-2
A. East 3-1
St V 3-1
Marlington 1-0
Chardon 1-3
Dover 17-4
New Philadelphia 5-5
Y. East 13-2

Via rollredroll.com

This is the kind of discussion that makes me scratch my head. Of course Steubenville will be a title contender in D3. And of course D3 will be a little more difficult than D4. Steubenville has been an elite leader at the top of D4 last last half decade. They were in the top 4 each year. The difference in D3 is that there are 10 teams that good instead of a handful. But to say D3 is a level Steubenville can’t reach is ridiculous, they’re at that level.
Old 07-06-19, 03:25 PM
All Region

Quote:
Can you give me those teams? Bishop Hartley is in D3 and has beat Steubenville in the state title game twice since 2015. Has Steubenville played Trotwood? Archbishop Alter? Kenston? Norwalk? Iím sure they beat up on the average teams of region 9 but who else?

Big Red is 3-1 vs Kettering Alter...nice try tho!
Old 07-06-19, 05:29 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Blake View Post
Steubenville All time vs higher level region 9 teams
Aurora 1-0
Buchtel 8-2
A. East 3-1
St V 3-1
Marlington 1-0
Chardon 1-3
Dover 17-4
New Philadelphia 5-5
Y. East 13-2

Via rollredroll.com

This is the kind of discussion that makes me scratch my head. Of course Steubenville will be a title contender in D3. And of course D3 will be a little more difficult than D4. Steubenville has been an elite leader at the top of D4 last last half decade. They were in the top 4 each year. The difference in D3 is that there are 10 teams that good instead of a handful. But to say D3 is a level Steubenville can’t reach is ridiculous, they’re at that level.
What’s their record the past 10 years against those teams? All-time means nothing because of course Big Red has been a power house for years, some programs are just now getting good.

And i wouldn’t consider nearly 3/4 of those teams “higher level” region 9 teams. I don’t see Kenston or Canfied. If they haven’t played them, that’s understandable. You can only play who’s on your schedule. The last time they played SVSM (2016) they lost, and before that the last time they played was in 2006!! I’ll give you Dover, Steubenville has DOMINATED that series recently along with all time.

Again, I feel like you think i’m attacking or trying to hate on Steubenville. It’s just the reality of the situation. Steubenville is an outstanding program. I will not deny that.
Old 07-06-19, 06:13 PM
All Ohio

petroglyph is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Big Red is 3-1 vs Kettering Alter...nice try tho!
the question was state TITLE games.I think Steubie won dIII by a missed extra point in '06 34-33..In div '08 Alter laid a licking 21-6..best I can tell there was a big red win in dII in '87 that was decisive, but it was in semis. Alter is m/l 0 for Columbus parochials at the state level in the playoffs during this period.
Old 07-06-19, 06:34 PM
Varsity

Bad Blake is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Whatís their record the past 10 years against those teams? All-time means nothing because of course Big Red has been a power house for years, some programs are just now getting good.

And i wouldnít consider nearly 3/4 of those teams ďhigher levelĒ region 9 teams. I donít see Kenston or Canfied. If they havenít played them, thatís understandable. You can only play whoís on your schedule. The last time they played SVSM (2016) they lost, and before that the last time they played was in 2006!! Iíll give you Dover, Steubenville has DOMINATED that series recently along with all time.

Again, I feel like you think iím attacking or trying to hate on Steubenville. Itís just the reality of the situation. Steubenville is an outstanding program. I will not deny that.
I have no idea when those games were played. I didnít post those records to prove a point I just thought it would be an interesting addition to the conversation. I picked the teams off the list who they have played and who have had recent success. According to their site theyíve never played Kenston or Canfield.

Iím also not arguing either way. All Iím saying is for anyone to say Steubenville wonít be a championship contender is silly, and for anyone to say D3 wonít be tougher than D4 is also silly. Theyíll be a contender in a tougher division.
Old 07-06-19, 08:47 PM
All World

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
God forbid a team be better than Steubenville. Kenston only won D3 by a running clock
Old 07-06-19, 08:49 PM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider6309 View Post
God forbid a team be better than Steubenville. Kenston only won D3 by a running clock

Lmao donít make this about them. Thatís not what you said. You made it sound like it would be impossible for them to compete in d 3 or anyone else from d4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-06-19, 09:39 PM
All District

tucson is on a distinguished road
Didn't realize this was a Steubenville thread.
Old 07-06-19, 09:49 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucson View Post
Didn't realize this was a Steubenville thread.

welp. Theyíre a d 3 favorite.

Old 07-06-19, 09:56 PM
All World

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Lmao donít make this about them. Thatís not what you said. You made it sound like it would be impossible for them to compete in d 3 or anyone else from d4.

I said they couldnít beat Kenston which is common sense.
Old 07-06-19, 10:01 PM
All District

Quote:

Oh, are they? I hadn't heard.
Old 07-07-19, 12:00 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Oh, are they? I hadn't heard.

Hence the title of the thread.

Old 07-07-19, 12:01 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider6309 View Post
I said they couldnít beat Kenston which is common sense.

But chardon can... okay take your meds

Old 07-07-19, 12:16 AM
All District

Quote:
Hence the title of the thread.

Hence the sarcasm bud.
Old 07-07-19, 03:44 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Hence the sarcasm bud.

Oh youíre totally right. Iím supposed to be able to read your sarcasm online. Makes sense friend.

Old 07-07-19, 07:48 AM
All District

Quote:

I wouldnít call them a favorite. I would put Kenston, SVSM, Bishop Hartley, Eastmoor, Trotwood, Alter, Wapakoneta and St. Maryís above them currently. It could change though seeing what teams bring back and how they play during the season.
Old 07-07-19, 11:07 AM
Freshman

Steubenburgh is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I wouldn’t call them a favorite. I would put Kenston, SVSM, Bishop Hartley, Eastmoor, Trotwood, Alter, Wapakoneta and St. Mary’s above them currently. It could change though seeing what teams bring back and how they play during the season.
Isn’t St. Mary’s moving from d4 to D3? I guess they won’t struggle with depth as much as other teams moving from d4 to D3 will......
Old 07-07-19, 11:34 AM
All District

Quote:
Oh youíre totally right. Iím supposed to be able to read your sarcasm online. Makes sense friend.

Thanks. Now back to the discussion.
Old 07-07-19, 01:44 PM
All World

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
Steubenville can compete with every team mentioned without a doubt, the road may be a little tougher, but they would beat Canfield every year who won region 9 the last 2 seasons, they would win pretty easily honestly
Old 07-07-19, 02:40 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroglyph View Post
the question was state TITLE games.I think Steubie won dIII by a missed extra point in '06 34-33..In div '08 Alter laid a licking 21-6..best I can tell there was a big red win in dII in '87 that was decisive, but it was in semis. Alter is m/l 0 for Columbus parochials at the state level in the playoffs during this period.
Big Red was winning that game 34-14 before trying to take the air out of the ball way too early and BLOCKED the tying ep try. Doesn't matter though it was a win. The previous year Big Red "laid a licking" on Desales 28-7 in the final.