Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #91  
Old 03-18-19, 11:46 AM
Football 101 Football 101 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-20-10
Posts: 1,304
Football 101 is on a distinguished road
consolidation time?
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 03-18-19, 01:37 PM
bop bop is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-27-13
Posts: 621
bop is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post
consolidation time?
Well overdue but wont happen. Instead, half empty schools just continue to ask people to pay more taxes to keep schools that are too small open.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 03-18-19, 01:38 PM
bulldog1974 bulldog1974 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-06-07
Location: In a Negley cornfield
Posts: 2,693
bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaXFactor View Post
It will be interesting to see if ALL schools in the northern and central parts of the county have declining enrollment due to the mess at Lordstown, not just Crestview. To me, it seemed like enrollment was already declining before the shutdown, will this cause county-wide enrollment to drop further?
You'll see more so decline in Mahoning and Trumbull. Down here in Hillbilly land it will level off. Some people will locate in the EP area, to avoid PA taxes, that will have jobs in the cracker plant in Monaca/Beaver, PA. Most of the county schools here will be either D5 or D6 in the next 5 years. Hence why Salem, Beaver and Liverpool need to start looking more local.

I still haven't figured out why Salem dropped EP, or was it the other way around? I doubt that fact since EP picked up Girard.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 03-18-19, 01:41 PM
bulldog1974 bulldog1974 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-06-07
Location: In a Negley cornfield
Posts: 2,693
bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bop View Post
Well overdue but wont happen. Instead, half empty schools just continue to ask people to pay more taxes to keep schools that are too small open.
Too much pride in local school districts.
EP is barely half of what it use to be enrollment wise. Sign of the times. D3 to D5-6.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 03-28-19, 09:17 AM
ThaXFactor ThaXFactor is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-31-18
Posts: 70
ThaXFactor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog1974 View Post
You'll see more so decline in Mahoning and Trumbull. Down here in Hillbilly land it will level off. Some people will locate in the EP area, to avoid PA taxes, that will have jobs in the cracker plant in Monaca/Beaver, PA. Most of the county schools here will be either D5 or D6 in the next 5 years. Hence why Salem, Beaver and Liverpool need to start looking more local.

I still haven't figured out why Salem dropped EP, or was it the other way around? I doubt that fact since EP picked up Girard.
Who knows why Salem does/doesn't do the things they do lol. They've scrimmaged us for close to 15 years, but won't schedule us. Doesn't make much sense to me, but what do I know? Just how to feed the livestock and try to keep the varmints away, lol!
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 03-28-19, 09:42 AM
kingpin2010 kingpin2010 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-27-10
Location: McDonald, OH
Posts: 4,867
kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaXFactor View Post
Who knows why Salem does/doesn't do the things they do lol. They've scrimmaged us for close to 15 years, but won't schedule us. Doesn't make much sense to me, but what do I know? Just how to feed the livestock and try to keep the varmints away, lol!
Crestview is opening up the season with Salem this year
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 03-28-19, 10:39 AM
bulldog1974 bulldog1974 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-06-07
Location: In a Negley cornfield
Posts: 2,693
bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaXFactor View Post
Just how to feed the livestock and try to keep the varmints away, lol!
There ya go!

They would play us at different times, off and on. The last 3 year series was the longest. I agree, doesn't make sense. Doesn't make sense they don't play Columbiana, either. They could have 3 OOL games right here in the county, including their series with United.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 03-29-19, 04:18 AM
ThaXFactor ThaXFactor is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-31-18
Posts: 70
ThaXFactor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin2010 View Post
Crestview is opening up the season with Salem this year
LOL! Well I'll be a son of a.........
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 03-29-19, 04:24 AM
ThaXFactor ThaXFactor is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-31-18
Posts: 70
ThaXFactor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog1974 View Post
There ya go!

They would play us at different times, off and on. The last 3 year series was the longest. I agree, doesn't make sense. Doesn't make sense they don't play Columbiana, either. They could have 3 OOL games right here in the county, including their series with United.
That makes too much sense to happen. Short trips, competitive games, and really nice gates too!
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 03-29-19, 04:55 AM
bulldog1974 bulldog1974 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-06-07
Location: In a Negley cornfield
Posts: 2,693
bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaXFactor View Post
That makes too much sense to happen. Short trips, competitive games, and really nice gates too!
Yes, we had some nice gates with Salem, both sides of the stands.
That was an ancient rivalry, it still had a flavor of it, but someone had better ideas again. So now, we have Girard in that slot.
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old 03-29-19, 05:19 PM
ThaXFactor ThaXFactor is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-31-18
Posts: 70
ThaXFactor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog1974 View Post
Yes, we had some nice gates with Salem, both sides of the stands.
That was an ancient rivalry, it still had a flavor of it, but someone had better ideas again. So now, we have Girard in that slot.
At least you guys are getting Girard after they lost everything (I think) lol!
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 03-30-19, 02:02 AM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 6,807
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaXFactor View Post
At least you guys are getting Girard after they lost everything (I think) lol!


About 75% but they return a lot of lettermen. Girard should win


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 03-30-19, 05:30 AM
bulldog1974 bulldog1974 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-06-07
Location: In a Negley cornfield
Posts: 2,693
bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
About 75% but they return a lot of lettermen. Girard should win


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In as so many words, we LOST at least that.

Would not surprise me to see a 3-7 season, then again, that could be a bold prediction, too.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 03-30-19, 07:20 AM
guyinahoodie guyinahoodie is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 04-21-15
Location: Columbiana
Posts: 366
guyinahoodie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog1974 View Post
In as so many words, we LOST at least that.

Would not surprise me to see a 3-7 season, then again, that could be a bold prediction, too.
Depends on how quickly they develop the new QB. Huge hole to fill for the Dogs.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 03-30-19, 08:03 AM
bulldog1974 bulldog1974 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-06-07
Location: In a Negley cornfield
Posts: 2,693
bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyinahoodie View Post
Depends on how quickly they develop the new QB. Huge hole to fill for the Dogs.
Ain't the only hole that needs filled.

I see two prospects, but not the level as before. Going to be a huge change for Bulldog fans who grew accustomed to the last 4 seasons, 2 league championships and 2 playoff appearances and no losing seasons.
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 03-31-19, 02:08 AM
ThaXFactor ThaXFactor is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-31-18
Posts: 70
ThaXFactor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
About 75% but they return a lot of lettermen. Girard should win


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The amount of returning lettermen can sometimes be deceiving, especially when coming off a really good year with a lot of blowouts. Some lettermen never see the field until mop-up time, and with a lot of blowouts they letter despite not playing a meaningful snap. That's not always the case, but it's why I usually never put to much stock into returning lettermen. I'm not saying that's 100% the case with Girard, but it does happen quite often.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 03-31-19, 03:55 AM
bulldog1974 bulldog1974 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-06-07
Location: In a Negley cornfield
Posts: 2,693
bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaXFactor View Post
The amount of returning lettermen can sometimes be deceiving, especially when coming off a really good year with a lot of blowouts. Some lettermen never see the field until mop-up time, and with a lot of blowouts they letter despite not playing a meaningful snap. That's not always the case, but it's why I usually never put to much stock into returning lettermen. I'm not saying that's 100% the case with Girard, but it does happen quite often.
That is exactly the truth.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 03-31-19, 04:01 AM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 6,807
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
EOAC Season 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaXFactor View Post
The amount of returning lettermen can sometimes be deceiving, especially when coming off a really good year with a lot of blowouts. Some lettermen never see the field until mop-up time, and with a lot of blowouts they letter despite not playing a meaningful snap. That's not always the case, but it's why I usually never put to much stock into returning lettermen. I'm not saying that's 100% the case with Girard, but it does happen quite often.


Yes that happens but what Iím saying is that Girard had a lot of kids get good experience playing against the 1ís of their opponents. When teams are getting blown out they usually donít in my experience sub their starters out until very late in the game. But Girard does have at least 2 kids I know who are going to very good for them this year. But weíll see I guess. Idk what EP brings back.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 03-31-19, 08:39 AM
therock02 therock02 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-11-15
Posts: 103
therock02 is on a distinguished road
Girard has a talented rb, a few good linemen and a couple of other very talented skill kids...if they have someone to get them the ball then they will score some points. Wouldnít be surprised if one of those skill kids becomes the qb or if one transfers in.
I think defensively they will be a mess...but I can still see them winning 4-6 games...EP, JFK, Jefferson, Lakeview, Niles to name a few. JFK and Niles will be better but still think Girard can compete especially with JFK.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 03-31-19, 01:12 PM
bulldog1974 bulldog1974 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-06-07
Location: In a Negley cornfield
Posts: 2,693
bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Idk what EP brings back.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ya well, it will be interesting. It sure won't be that 6'3", 280 lb average line on both sides of the ball from 2017, nor the teams from 2015, 16, and 18.

With teams like Girard and Conneaut on the schedule, EP will have their hands full. Never underestimate Spaite and his Coconuts in the league and Wright is still at Southern until all his Wellsville Sloans have graduated.

Last edited by bulldog1974; 03-31-19 at 01:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 03-31-19, 02:41 PM
Buckeye Elite Buckeye Elite is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-10-14
Location: Struthers ohio
Posts: 2,822
Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
If you have trouble with conneaut then you’re in big trouble
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 03-31-19, 02:46 PM
bulldog1974 bulldog1974 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-06-07
Location: In a Negley cornfield
Posts: 2,693
bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite View Post
If you have trouble with conneaut then youíre in big trouble
Not from what I was told. Then again, time will tell.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 03-31-19, 06:34 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 6,807
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog1974 View Post
Not from what I was told. Then again, time will tell.


They arenít any good. They benefit from an extremely weak schedule. When they play decent teams they usually get blown out. See Labrae last year.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 03-31-19, 07:36 PM
GoalLineStand GoalLineStand is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-11-10
Posts: 84
GoalLineStand is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
They arenít any good. They benefit from an extremely weak schedule. When they play decent teams they usually get blown out. See Labrae last year.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interesting because the same could be said about EP last year. Every half-decent team they played smacked them around, and that was with Sherry. Girard will put a running clock on EP along with several other teams on their schedule.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 03-31-19, 08:08 PM
kingpin2010 kingpin2010 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-27-10
Location: McDonald, OH
Posts: 4,867
kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
I think the focus should really be on Girard for this game and the fact OOC they are playing a likely D6 in EP and D7 in JFK (they get a bit of a pass on this game since it’s been a rivalry and JFK typically punches above their weight). I agree with GLstand though, Girard should win convincingly.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 03-31-19, 11:19 PM
Buckeye Elite Buckeye Elite is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-10-14
Location: Struthers ohio
Posts: 2,822
Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog1974 View Post
Not from what I was told. Then again, time will tell.
I canít remember a time where conneaut even came close to beating a valley team
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 03-31-19, 11:21 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 6,807
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin2010 View Post
I think the focus should really be on Girard for this game and the fact OOC they are playing a likely D6 in EP and D7 in JFK (they get a bit of a pass on this game since itís been a rivalry and JFK typically punches above their weight). I agree with GLstand though, Girard should win convincingly.


I agree. If they donít Girard is in for a very long year.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 04-01-19, 03:06 AM
bulldog1974 bulldog1974 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-06-07
Location: In a Negley cornfield
Posts: 2,693
bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalLineStand View Post
Interesting because the same could be said about EP last year. Every half-decent team they played smacked them around, and that was with Sherry. Girard will put a running clock on EP along with several other teams on their schedule.
Wouldn't be the first time it happened, nor will it be the last.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 04-01-19, 04:25 AM
bulldog1974 bulldog1974 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-06-07
Location: In a Negley cornfield
Posts: 2,693
bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite View Post
I canít remember a time where conneaut even came close to beating a valley team
08/29 H Ashtabula Edgewood
09/06 H Stoneboro Lakeview (PA)
09/13 A Erie Iroquois (PA)
09/20 A Wilmington Area (PA)
09/27 H Erie Seneca (PA)
10/04 H Sharpsville Area (PA)
10/11 H Albion Northwestern (PA)
10/18 A Linesville Conneaut Area (PA)
10/25 A East Palestine
11/01 A Cleveland Central Catholic

Mostly PA teams.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 04-01-19, 06:34 AM
bop bop is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-27-13
Posts: 621
bop is on a distinguished road
Bad pick up for EP (Girard). EOAC does not play that type of football.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kettering Fairmont D-1 District Rankings (Off Season #2) McClearn7 Wrestling 3 08-02-18 12:58 PM
Hard to believe - Tim Goodwin is entering his 20th season at Marion Local CJK84 Football 44 07-31-18 03:18 PM
Hoover D-1 District Rankings (Regular Season #1) McClearn7 Wrestling 4 11-19-17 04:05 PM
Heath D-2 District Rankings (Off Season #4) McClearn7 Wrestling 5 10-17-17 07:17 PM
Heath D-2 District Rankings (Off Season #3) McClearn7 Wrestling 7 09-03-17 05:38 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:18 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz