Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-27-19, 07:47 AM
All Yappi

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
They are diligently working on it.
Old 03-27-19, 11:00 AM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Both Winton Woods and Little Miami are open week 10 still.
Old 03-28-19, 04:54 PM
Varsity

wolvey15 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Both Winton Woods and Little Miami are open week 10 still.
Little Miami is not going to schedule WW till they are in the same conference. Especially after what happened in the playoffs

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 03-28-19, 05:26 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolvey15 View Post
Little Miami is not going to schedule WW till they are in the same conference. Especially after what happened in the playoffs

What happened in the playoffs? It was a hard hitting, clean ball game. Little Miami played hard, gave good effort and didn't back down. If I was the new LM coach I would play this game because 1. LM will have to play WW every season any way and 2. it can be used as a program measuring stick because over the past 2 seasons, Winton Woods has become the best football program in Cincinnati regardless of division. (There is only one or two other programs that could argue this point.)
Old 03-28-19, 08:10 PM
Varsity

I was referring to what you just said DMR.. They don't want to play WW because of what you just said. So they will sit back and waite until they are in the same conference. I do agree with you, they should schedule WW in week 10

Old 03-28-19, 09:25 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolvey15 View Post
I was referring to what you just said DMR.. They don't want to play WW because of what you just said. So they will sit back and waite until they are in the same conference. I do agree with you, they should schedule WW in week 10

Again, what happened in the playoffs? I gave 2 reasons why Little Miami should play Winton Woods. Now Northwest has no business on the same field with Winton Woods because its a matter of safety. I find it hard to believe that taking a butt whooping is a reason not to play. You gotta keep playing that team and close the gap. Build upon making it to the 2nd round of the postseason. If Little Miami doesnt take the game with Winton Woods, the Panthers will end up hand washing drawers in the ECC. Either fight or wash drawers.
Old 03-29-19, 05:42 AM
Varsity

I agree with you DMR,but those are the same reasons they are not trying to play WW. I don't like the dodge ball tactics these schools do either. I am like you line up and play,compete and get better.

Old 03-29-19, 05:47 AM
All District

Manmythlegeng66 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Again, what happened in the playoffs? I gave 2 reasons why Little Miami should play Winton Woods. Now Northwest has no business on the same field with Winton Woods because its a matter of safety. I find it hard to believe that taking a butt whooping is a reason not to play. You gotta keep playing that team and close the gap. Build upon making it to the 2nd round of the postseason. If Little Miami doesnt take the game with Winton Woods, the Panthers will end up hand washing drawers in the ECC. Either fight or wash drawers.
Personally I would have loved to see a LM WW game again. But you have to understand if LM's plans go forward they would have to play them in the playoffs. Would you want to play WW twice? Talk about morale for a team. Another thing to think about and its no secret LM and WW do not play with the same rules. WW's open enrollment and the way they bring in the players from other districts makes it very hard for a school the size of LM with regular enrollment to compete. LM or any team except for crazy Edgewood/Trotwood and catholic schools want no part of playing them unless forced to. I agree WW will own the ECC. No team in the ECC conducts business like that and they will have a competitive advantage against all teams. Finally I heard rumblings that there was a disagreement about location. I think LM might be getting a home game out of Simon Kenton and I believe they requested the same from WW and WW wanted it at there place. Not sure if that is correct, but it is a rumor I heard.
Old 03-29-19, 10:29 AM
All Yappi

IMO, WW will not own the ECC. These first 2 or 3 years will be WW dominace but the rest of the ECC will adjust and get better. And WW will fall back closer to the pack also. I wish WW could play a Kentucky power like Cov Cath or Highlands. I looked back at the results of WW games vs the GCL and not only have the Warriors competed but have handled the GCL. Beat Moeller 2 years in a row includind a running clock in 2017, beat LaSalle twice in the 2017 season and have beaten Elder 3 of the past 4. I think WW will win all 3 of those games in 2019. Winton Woods has to absolutely beat Trotwood and I think we will based off what I saw last season. Varsity loss a close game, JV and freshmen both running clocked Trotwood.
Old 03-29-19, 10:35 AM
All District

Quote:
IMO, WW will not own the ECC. These first 2 or 3 years will be WW dominace but the rest of the ECC will adjust and get better. And WW will fall back closer to the pack also. I wish WW could play a Kentucky power like Cov Cath or Highlands. I looked back at the results of WW games vs the GCL and not only have the Warriors competed but have handled the GCL. Beat Moeller 2 years in a row includind a running clock in 2017, beat LaSalle twice in the 2017 season and have beaten Elder 3 of the past 4. I think WW will win all 3 of those games in 2019.
I totally agree about that. I still would love them to play a Mentor or St I's up north too. Im curious how they would fair against a Bishop Gorman or IMG as well.
Old 03-29-19, 11:35 AM
All Yappi

WR Demeer Blankumsee visited Ohio St yesterday. There is some very good talent at WW still.
Old 03-29-19, 01:14 PM
Freshman

gramps46 is on a distinguished road
WW is playing St.Eds, that should be a good test for them.
Old 03-29-19, 10:37 PM
All Region

pup pounder is an unknown quantity at this point
A series with massillon would be interesting.
Old 03-30-19, 09:10 AM
All Yappi

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by pup pounder View Post
A series with massillon would be interesting.
We are currently in a series with Massillon Look folks, in the 2020 season Winton Woods will be in a 10 team conference. We will be playing 8 conference games so there is limited opportunity for all these dream matchups. I dont have any insight yet, but I can see the Trotwood series continuing (if the Rams will be able to stomach the beatdowns that will be coming from WW in the very near future) and 1 GCL opponent each season. Winton Woods would drop everybody for a chance to play Colerain because the Warriors are starting to dominate the GCL.
Old 03-30-19, 07:33 PM
All Region

pup pounder is an unknown quantity at this point
[QUOTE]We are currently in a series with Massillon/QUOTE]
Hopefully we'll have the rubber match this year.
Old 03-30-19, 07:48 PM
All Yappi

Maxie can only hope to improve
Quote:
We are currently in a series with Massillon Look folks, in the 2020 season Winton Woods will be in a 10 team conference. We will be playing 8 conference games so there is limited opportunity for all these dream matchups. I dont have any insight yet, but I can see the Trotwood series continuing (if the Rams will be able to stomach the beatdowns that will be coming from WW in the very near future) and 1 GCL opponent each season. Winton Woods would drop everybody for a chance to play Colerain because the Warriors are starting to dominate the GCL.

Can you please name the other schools that are in your new conference?
Old 03-30-19, 09:24 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
Can you please name the other schools that are in your new conference?
Anderson
Milford
West Clermont
Lebanon
Turpin
Kings
Little Miami
Walnut Hills
Loveland
Old 03-30-19, 10:42 PM
All Yappi

Maxie can only hope to improve
Quote:
Anderson
Milford
West Clermont
Lebanon
Turpin
Kings
Little Miami
Walnut Hills
Loveland

Thanks the info. WW should dominate that conference.
Old 03-31-19, 07:01 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
Thanks the info. WW should dominate that conference.
Winton Woods would dominate the GCL, GMC or GWOC
Old 04-01-19, 05:28 PM
All American

warriorpops is on a distinguished road
Just heard a rumor that Christian brothers was put on the schedule. Any validity to this rumor?
Old 04-02-19, 10:22 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorpops View Post
Just heard a rumor that Christian brothers was put on the schedule. Any validity to this rumor?
Memphis or St. Louis?
Old 04-02-19, 01:43 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorpops View Post
I spoke with Coach Parker recently and he did not mention this. I only mention that a game 6 ane game 10 was needed. Of course they want 10 games but would be ok playing 9.
Old 04-02-19, 10:41 PM
All Yappi

JElder is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manmythlegeng66 View Post
I totally agree about that. I still would love them to play a Mentor or St I's up north too. Im curious how they would fair against a Bishop Gorman or IMG as well.
They would get drilled. WW has been the 3rd or 4th best program in the city the past 4 or 5 years but they or anyone in Ohio is not at the IMG or Gorman level. WW hasn't won a title in their recent streak in Ohio so lets pump the brakes on what the rest of the country has to offer
Old 04-03-19, 08:15 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JElder View Post
They would get drilled. WW has been the 3rd or 4th best program in the city the past 4 or 5 years but they or anyone in Ohio is not at the IMG or Gorman level. WW hasn't won a title in their recent streak in Ohio so lets pump the brakes on what the rest of the country has to offer
I agree that is a bit much, but I know why he feels like that. Its because the size, speed and depth that WW has. I will say that Winton Woods has been the top football program in Cincinnati the past two seasons and will be again this season. The only schools that can argue this is Colerain and maybe Wyoming. Winton Woods has owned the GCL.
Old 04-03-19, 08:38 AM
All District

Quote:
I agree that is a bit much, but I know why he feels like that. Its because the size, speed and depth that WW has. I will say that Winton Woods has been the top football program in Cincinnati the past two seasons and will be again this season. The only schools that can argue this is Colerain and maybe Wyoming. Winton Woods has owned the GCL.
Thats exactly why I feel that. I would say 1. Colerain 2. WW. Wyoming is good but they dont play anybody so Im not quite sure how they would fair against GCL teams, or very talented D1 public schools. I would love to see Colerain and WW play. I think Colerain and WW has a spitting chance with there current roster against any team in the nation.
Old 04-03-19, 09:03 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Thats exactly why I feel that. I would say 1. Colerain 2. WW. Wyoming is good but they dont play anybody so Im not quite sure how they would fair against GCL teams, or very talented D1 public schools. I would love to see Colerain and WW play. I think Colerain and WW has a spitting chance with there current roster against any team in the nation.
Right about Wyoming when talking about the best regardless of division. I dont think Colerain has the manpower that Winton Woods has at this moment.
Old 04-04-19, 07:51 AM
All Yappi

EaglePride01 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Have you taken a good look at the top of the national landscape these days at places like IMG, Mater Dei, St. Frances, St. John Bosco, etc.? Their rosters are littered with double digit D1-FBS players, and more and more transfer in every season. There isn't a team in Ohio that could play with these schools. Spitting at the opposing team is about all that would be accomplished. They are operating at a different level, tantamount to what we see at the high school basketball "academy" schools.
Old 04-04-19, 07:15 PM
All District

KramericaIndustries is on a distinguished road
My god, you guys. The comedy level in this thread is OFF... THE... CHARTS...

Let's review the facts again, that you WW homers can't seem to get a grasp on:

1) Only made playoffs 2 of the last 5 years
2) Absolutely run off the field in playoff losses the last 2 years, games weren't even remotely close or competitive.
3) Hasn't played St X in the GCL at all and has caught significantly down years last 2 for both Moeller and LaSalle. And split last 2 with Elder, the loss coming to a team that didn't even make the playoffs.
4) Gave up 45+ twice to .500 smaller Columbus-area public schools just last year.

That isn't the fact sheet of a deep program that is regularly loaded with top athletes.

That isn't the fact sheet of a program that has "owned" the GCL. You haven't even played the best team in the GCL.

And most laughably of all, that isn't the fact sheet of a program that even deserves a single shred of discussion as to their relevance against other nationally known programs. What a freakin joke!

Enjoy your one year of relevance this year with a single, generational player carrying the load for the entire team. Once he's gone, the team returns to the "really good, but not great" status they've shown every other year.

WW MIGHT beat Colerain THIS year. Definitely would not have last year or any year prior. what happens after, who knows now that Colerain appears on their way out.

You guys have an incredibly warped sense of how you fit into the football picture outside of SWO.
Old 04-04-19, 08:44 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KramericaIndustries View Post
My god, you guys. The comedy level in this thread is OFF... THE... CHARTS...

Let's review the facts again, that you WW homers can't seem to get a grasp on:

1) Only made playoffs 2 of the last 5 years
2) Absolutely run off the field in playoff losses the last 2 years, games weren't even remotely close or competitive.
3) Hasn't played St X in the GCL at all and has caught significantly down years last 2 for both Moeller and LaSalle. And split last 2 with Elder, the loss coming to a team that didn't even make the playoffs.
4) Gave up 45+ twice to .500 smaller Columbus-area public schools just last year.

That isn't the fact sheet of a deep program that is regularly loaded with top athletes.

That isn't the fact sheet of a program that has "owned" the GCL. You haven't even played the best team in the GCL.

And most laughably of all, that isn't the fact sheet of a program that even deserves a single shred of discussion as to their relevance against other nationally known programs. What a freakin joke!

Enjoy your one year of relevance this year with a single, generational player carrying the load for the entire team. Once he's gone, the team returns to the "really good, but not great" status they've shown every other year.

WW MIGHT beat Colerain THIS year. Definitely would not have last year or any year prior. what happens after, who knows now that Colerain appears on their way out.

You guys have an incredibly warped sense of how you fit into the football picture outside of SWO.

1. what playoff game did WW get ran off the field?
2. been competitive playing in the GCL for years. X hasn't exactly been world beaters.
3. Down years in the GCL? I don't buy it! its one of the best conferences in the country. It should be no way a BIG Catholic school should lose to or be in a close game with a little D2 school!
4. defense is allowed to have bad game or 2. A few starters were out that game.

WW is the small D2 school that all the major and minor colleges love to come visit. They love the program. The strength room workouts are second to none. Well ran and well coached team. (Coach Parker)

I guess this really bothers you! I have never gone on another team, theys forum to bash or to tell their opinion of heir own team was wrong.. Where im from they call that hatin'!! What team do you represent?

kraemer? Elder maybe?
Old 04-04-19, 08:59 PM
Varsity

Kraemer is an Olentangy guy that can't get over the playoff loss to WW.. it still hurts his but cheeks..