Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  
Old 02-17-19, 07:04 PM
All Yappi

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KramericaIndustries View Post
A program that has missed the playoffs 3 of the last 5 years is the "most stable program"?

The amount of delusion that exists in SWO fan bases is incredibly entertaining.

A one-man team is not the same thing as having a stable program. If Williams goes down with an injury, this team will be lucky to make the playoffs with WC and Edgewood being the only guaranteed wins on the schedule.

But will definitely grant you, Region 8 is softer than many D3 regions and it takes very little to work your way thru it. The wakeup call comes when you finally get out of SWO, as it did last year, nearly losing to the worst Olentangy team in 6 years and getting dismantled by Massillon.

Your one-man team can go far with that one-man. Better hope he stays healthy.
One man show? Williams is a stud! He is the bell cow but have you actually seen WW play? Many different kids making plays. Far from a one trick pony. The teams WW play, compete, and win against? Takes a total team effort! Starting with the off season strength program, its 2nd to none. Ask the many college coaches that want the student athletes. Say what you want. Kids want to play for WW. Open enrollment helps in the process.
Old 02-17-19, 07:39 PM
All World

cheaptilt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
One man show? Williams is a stud! He is the bell cow but have you actually seen WW play? Many different kids making plays. Far from a one trick pony. The teams WW play, compete, and win against? Takes a total team effort! Starting with the off season strength program, its 2nd to none. Ask the many college coaches that want the student athletes. Say what you want. Kids want to play for WW. Open enrollment helps in the process.
He saw them last year when they gave up 400+ yards rushing to Williams and blew a huge lead because they couldn't play defense.
Old 02-17-19, 09:34 PM
All American

mrsimp06 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
A program that has missed the playoffs 3 of the last 5 years is the "most stable program"?

The amount of delusion that exists in SWO fan bases is incredibly entertaining.

A one-man team is not the same thing as having a stable program. If Williams goes down with an injury, this team will be lucky to make the playoffs with WC and Edgewood being the only guaranteed wins on the schedule.

But will definitely grant you, Region 8 is softer than many D3 regions and it takes very little to work your way thru it. The wakeup call comes when you finally get out of SWO, as it did last year, nearly losing to the worst Olentangy team in 6 years and getting dismantled by Massillon.

Your one-man team can go far with that one-man. Better hope he stays healthy.
WW is far from a one man team, in fact I could make a strong argument WW has the top 2 QBs in region 8, the fire power on offense will be scary.
Old 02-18-19, 06:29 AM
All District

Manmythlegeng66 is on a distinguished road
Guys, Winton Woods is a very good team no doubt about it. They have more than one weapon. Their Junior QB is very good. Probably top 3 in region 8. I wouldn't say they have the best 2 QB's in SW Ohio, I can name a few that could definitely battle for those top spots, and the top one doesnt play for WW. Ignore Kramerica he is the biggest homer and troll Ive ever seen. His team is good. But he likes to get on here and run his mouth.

As for the whole open enrollment thing...in my opinion it is very bad for the sport. I have long had the belief that privates should be in there own league and publics should be in another. I have also had the long time belief that there is something special about playing for your hometown school, and the recruitment of kids to high schools is way out of control. The team Winton Woods currently fields is not a team made up of local kids who happen to be good. They are a team that is recruited to play football like college or the pros. And that is not what high school football is about. High School football should be pure. Its sad that it has turned into this. I cant fault Winton Woods is playing a game and winning. Back in the late 90's early 2000's Winton Woods won with local kids. Not to this level, but they did win. I just wish that how they chose to still operate. But this is a different time and different place.
Old 02-18-19, 07:45 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
We hear that too - and tune it out. Idk WW from Adam and they may not be squeaky clean but I highly doubt they are taking the risk of randomly phoning kids and parents to entice them to come. Some athletes want to go there just like they want to go to private school frontrunners but just don't want to be part of a private school. Singling out public schools for such standards is pretty tone deaf imo esp. when you consider LaSalle and Hoban winning it every year.
Old 02-18-19, 09:22 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheaptilt View Post
He saw them last year when they gave up 400+ yards rushing to Williams and blew a huge lead because they couldn't play defense.
Huh? That was one game. Could your team compete with that schedule?
Old 02-18-19, 10:29 AM
All American

rip_JackTatum is on a distinguished road
Question Seriously....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman82 View Post
Not hard to call an “office” when they recruit every other school’s players. Keep beating your chest about a team whose players that matter aren’t from there school.
Any comment on their schedule ? Thats not the type of schedule "neighborhood" D2 teams can compete with.
If so, name one ?
Old 02-18-19, 10:40 AM
All District

I think no one can say anything about WW schedule. That is probably the one of the toughest schedule's in Ohio and probably the toughest in Cincy. I think the biggest question is are they going to be satisfied in 2020 when they go to the ECC and are beating teams by 2-3 touchdowns every game. There is not one team currently that will be able to compete or beat WW in 2020. I dont believe the playing ground will be level. I am not sure how many teams the ECC has that are open enrollment. I know that Walnut Hills is, but they recruit for academics not sports. The other teams...forget about it. Unless something drastic happens the ECC will be WW for next few years. WW should be playing teams like IMG, Bishop Gorman or stop dodging Colerain. Even the Privates are having trouble competing with them at this time.
Old 02-18-19, 11:27 AM
All District

Warrior Watcher is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manmythlegeng66 View Post
I think no one can say anything about WW schedule. That is probably the one of the toughest schedule's in Ohio and probably the toughest in Cincy. I think the biggest question is are they going to be satisfied in 2020 when they go to the ECC and are beating teams by 2-3 touchdowns every game. There is not one team currently that will be able to compete or beat WW in 2020. I dont believe the playing ground will be level. I am not sure how many teams the ECC has that are open enrollment. I know that Walnut Hills is, but they recruit for academics not sports. The other teams...forget about it. Unless something drastic happens the ECC will be WW for next few years. WW should be playing teams like IMG, Bishop Gorman or stop dodging Colerain. Even the Privates are having trouble competing with them at this time.
WW has NEVER DODGED COLERAIN! Now on the other hand Colerain has dodged WW for years!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 02-18-19, 11:52 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Lmao😁😂😃!! Dogging Colerain??!!! WW calls Colerain on a regular basis about playing. Colerain always says we don't have any open dates. Maybe in a couple of year's. I know this for a fact. WW will play anyone!
Old 02-18-19, 12:54 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior Watcher View Post
WW has NEVER DODGED COLERAIN! Now on the other hand Colerain has dodged WW for years!

I have always understood it the other way. But its all here say at this point. I think the point is if WW wants to operate as a football academy then they should play other football academies in my opinion. I long felt the same about Colerain. Teams like WW and Colerain should be forced to play each other every year.
Old 02-18-19, 01:06 PM
All Ohio

Vike16 is on a distinguished road
This coming season would be awesome to see Princeton vs Winton Woods with all these D1 athletes on both teams. This would be an easy sell out at either stadium
Old 02-18-19, 04:38 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vike16 View Post
This coming season would be awesome to see Princeton vs Winton Woods with all these D1 athletes on both teams. This would be an easy sell out at either stadium

Princeton isn't in the same ball park as WW. Would not be awesome.
Old 02-18-19, 04:43 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I have always understood it the other way. But its all here say at this point. I think the point is if WW wants to operate as a football academy then they should play other football academies in my opinion. I long felt the same about Colerain. Teams like WW and Colerain should be forced to play each other every year.
No, not trying to act like a academy! Just a good program that competes with anyone. WW wss not in a league, this caused WW to step their game up. Even when apart of the FAVC WW played tough OOC teams.
Old 02-18-19, 04:46 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
No hear say. Colerain always say they don't have room to play WW. I will leave it that
Old 02-18-19, 05:20 PM
All Region

Man Up is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Donít think WW will be beating teams in ecc by 2-3 TDís every week, if that happens, the ecc could possibly split again and form another league with a different name and leave us out once again.
Old 02-18-19, 05:29 PM
Freshman

wilbur is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Cincinnati Winton Woods
08/30 A Trotwood-Madison
09/06 A Batavia West Clermont
09/13 H Upper Arlington
09/20 H Cincinnati Archbishop Moeller
09/27 H Lakewood St. Edward
10/04 A Indianapolis Bishop Chatard (IN)
10/11 A Trenton Edgewood
10/18 H Cincinnati Elder
10/25 A Cincinnati La Salle
11/01 N Unknown Opponent ()
Holy cow. That's wild. Good luck to the Warriors!
Old 02-21-19, 09:33 PM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Just a quick glace, i see 7 to 8 wins, if the personnel can develop.kids like Long, Crumpley and Tubbs.
Old 02-21-19, 09:55 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Just a quick glace, i see 7 to 8 wins, if the personnel can develop.kids like Long, Crumpley and Tubbs.
I wonder who the next back to emerge behind Wiiliams.
Old 02-21-19, 11:13 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsimp06 View Post
I wonder who the next back to emerge behind Wiiliams.
Jerimaha Anderson. Unless they move him to defense and leaves him at safety or LB for 3 seasons. He has to put in the work in the off season.
Old 02-22-19, 11:18 AM
All District

Warrior Watcher is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Jerimaha Anderson. Unless they move him to defense and leaves him at safety or LB for 3 seasons. He has to put in the work in the off season.
Jerimaha Anderson is and could be the next back,but do not forget about the Steel kid..

Old 02-22-19, 03:16 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Jerimaha Anderson is and could be the next back,but do not forget about the Steel kid..

Steele is very good but he is young. He is a bit squirrelly. Needs to mature.
Old 02-22-19, 08:42 PM
All District

KramericaIndustries is on a distinguished road
Quote:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Pretending that anyone else is a possible replacement for Williams is an absolutely laughable statement.

Once again......

If Williams gets hurt..... the only teams WW will be beating are the D2 tomato cans from SWO. #onemanteam
Old 02-22-19, 08:48 PM
Varsity

llthayes19 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Steele is very good but he is young. He is a bit squirrelly. Needs to mature.
The Freshaman team had 3 RB's last year. Anderson, Steele and y'all are leaving out Tyrek Spikes. Spikes and Steele are the natural RB's. Anderson is a Slot first then a RB. All 3 have very different running styles. But also from the upperclassmen Monte, Zeff and Daylan are all capable of carrying the load as well. WW has weapons!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 02-23-19, 08:14 AM
Varsity

llthayes19 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Pretending that anyone else is a possible replacement for Williams is an absolutely laughable statement.

Once again......

If Williams gets hurt..... the only teams WW will be beating are the D2 tomato cans from SWO. #onemanteam
Since this is Miyan's last year, I Winton Woods needs to climate the football programs then according to you. You root for a team that Miyan destroyed on his way to his 2000 yards
What did he get on you team in rushing? 200, 300 or 400 yards

Old 02-23-19, 11:58 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by llthayes19 View Post
The Freshaman team had 3 RB's last year. Anderson, Steele and y'all are leaving out Tyrek Spikes. Spikes and Steele are the natural RB's. Anderson is a Slot first then a RB. All 3 have very different running styles. But also from the upperclassmen Monte, Zeff and Daylan are all capable of carrying the load as well. WW has weapons!

Daylan Long should be on defense for his final 2 seasons. Jamonte Murry will be in slot rotation but not so much of the lead back, he is a gritty kid.I dont know enough about Zeff Jones, since he had to sit out the 2nd half of this past season. I thought he struggled a little with adjusting to things.

Last edited by DonMagicRon; 02-23-19 at 01:07 PM.
Old 02-23-19, 02:06 PM
All World

cheaptilt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Huh? That was one game. Could your team compete with that schedule?
Funny thing is I was defending WW. I really like them and playing them. My response was to the guy who thinks WW and region 8 is a joke from Olentangy. We have played WW many times and I love it. We have the luxury of being the little dog in the middle of all the big ones they play. Which means many times we get overlooked. played them well last year but next year they look to be even better.
Old 02-24-19, 08:35 AM
All Ohio

W@rrior 11 is on a distinguished road
WW is ahead of the game with the open enrollment. WW is turning their football program into something dangerous. In a few years itís going to be College U.
Old 02-24-19, 09:00 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by W@rrior 11 View Post
WW is ahead of the game with the open enrollment. WW is turning their football program into something dangerous. In a few years itís going to be College U.
If/When Winton Woods gets the most important factor locked down (Academics), WW will be something extra nasty.
Old 02-24-19, 09:39 AM
All Ohio

jeroe
WW is a very good team that is far from a 1 trick pony. However the player people are referring to is definitely a thoroughbred!