Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-17-18, 01:02 AM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Struthersfan View Post
Surprised youíre still up.

Lol

Iím still anxious to see if we can fill week two.

Nancy needs to get moving.

Enjoy the holidays!

You as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-17-18, 01:44 PM
All District

Kirtland4580 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrox View Post
Lakeview schedule has them opening with Kirtland. Lakeview was young last year, I don't think they'll struggle as much as you think next year. They are already off and running in off season weight training and numbers are strong. I think they'll be just fine...

Havenít seen anything about Kirtlandís opening being filled yet, but if Lakeviewís schedule already has it, I guess itís going to happen. Only thing I know about Lakeview is that theyíre in Trumbull County, either D-III or IV (not sure which), and theyíre typically 6-4 or 7-3 and knocking on the door for the playoffs. Also if Iím not mistaken theyíve had a few run-ins with Chagrin Falls in years past, correct?

Old 12-17-18, 06:52 PM
All World

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirtland4580 View Post
Havenít seen anything about Kirtlandís opening being filled yet, but if Lakeviewís schedule already has it, I guess itís going to happen. Only thing I know about Lakeview is that theyíre in Trumbull County, either D-III or IV (not sure which), and theyíre typically 6-4 or 7-3 and knocking on the door for the playoffs. Also if Iím not mistaken theyíve had a few run-ins with Chagrin Falls in years past, correct?

Yeah thatís correct, good for about 6-8 wins with the exception of last season they were horrible, I donít think they have much skill returning to change dramatically I would say a 4-5 win team depending on schedule, they should get at least 2 conference wins in Girard and Jefferson, but every other game will be tough, I think the NE8 will be a very competitive league week in and out
Old 12-19-18, 07:02 PM
Varsity

HCFootball2010 is on a distinguished road
I've heard of some of these schools. And not to familiar with some of the schools Whats wrong with the lesser schools Lakeview Jefferson Niles??
Old 12-19-18, 08:52 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCFootball2010 View Post
I've heard of some of these schools. And not to familiar with some of the schools Whats wrong with the lesser schools Lakeview Jefferson Niles??

Talent drought

Old 12-20-18, 10:18 AM
All American

Paladin1aa is on a distinguished road
Actually lots of BS being spread. Lakeview lost half their starters last year in preseason and the first game , including 2 All District players. They will return some skill , maybe. An All District Wr as a Soph was scheduled to play some QB and broke his collarbone first game and needed surgery, his second surgery on his body in 2 years. Great athlete but parents may not let him play as a senior. Next best WR blew out a knee in camp and may or may not play this year. An all league ol/dl returns. Many of the young players who replaced the lost starters are back with a year of experience under their belt. If the QB position gets solved, they should be decent once again. The coaches son wasn’t the answer at QB and was the 4th string QB in the scheme of things. They had a better QB last year who didn’t come out and recently signed a baseball schollie. Very good kicker back . Some good pieces there. Should be interesting and looking forward to the new league.
Old 12-20-18, 10:27 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1aa View Post
Actually lots of BS being spread. Lakeview lost half their starters last year in preseason and the first game , including 2 All District players. They will return some skill , maybe. An All District Wr as a Soph was scheduled to play some QB and broke his collarbone first game and needed surgery, his second surgery on his body in 2 years. Great athlete but parents may not let him play as a senior. Next best WR blew out a knee in camp and may or may not play this year. An all league ol/dl returns. Many of the young players who replaced the lost starters are back with a year of experience under their belt. If the QB position gets solved, they should be decent once again. The coaches son wasnít the answer at QB and was the 4th string QB in the scheme of things. They had a better QB last year who didnít come out and recently signed a baseball schollie. Very good kicker back . Some good pieces there. Should be interesting and looking forward to the new league.

Do you think pav wonít play his son at qb? Can he play anywhere else he didnít look too athletic
Old 12-20-18, 11:09 AM
All American

Paladin1aa is on a distinguished road
He isn’t . LOL
Old 12-20-18, 12:41 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1aa View Post
Actually lots of BS being spread. Lakeview lost half their starters last year in preseason and the first game , including 2 All District players. They will return some skill , maybe. An All District Wr as a Soph was scheduled to play some QB and broke his collarbone first game and needed surgery, his second surgery on his body in 2 years. Great athlete but parents may not let him play as a senior. Next best WR blew out a knee in camp and may or may not play this year. An all league ol/dl returns. Many of the young players who replaced the lost starters are back with a year of experience under their belt. If the QB position gets solved, they should be decent once again. The coaches son wasnít the answer at QB and was the 4th string QB in the scheme of things. They had a better QB last year who didnít come out and recently signed a baseball schollie. Very good kicker back . Some good pieces there. Should be interesting and looking forward to the new league.

Yeah the Lazzari kid who didnít play. You know itís bad when your old man coaches and you donít wanna play anymore. Had very limited reps before hand and wouldnít of been any better with that Swiss cheese offensive line.
Not sure who the all league lineman was. But every team gets some representation so whatever even Edgewood had a few.

You canít blame the entire season on injuries every year Paladin. Itís the coaching staff (yours included) to have the team ready to play and win games. For Christ sake they couldnít handle a snap in week 10! I am sure your boys will be better but not by much. And again the Whitt kid was Lakeviews pretty much only form of offense all season and he graduated. Gonna be a tough year again. And thatís ok. High school football is cyclical. Unless you recruit.

Old 12-26-18, 05:57 PM
All World

Raider#23 is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=Struthersfan;7212694]Schedules:
South Range Raiders
Fri Aug 30 Springfield Local
Fri Sep 6 Crestview
Fri Sep 13 At Canton Central Catholic
Fri Sep 20 At Poland Seminary
Fri Sep 27 Girard
Fri Oct 4 At Niles McKinley
Fri Oct 11 Jefferson Area
Fri Oct 18 At Lakeview
Fri Oct 25 At Struthers
Fri Nov 1 Hubbard

Struthersfan, do you know if the NE8 will rotate the schedule or will it be set the same every year? In other words, in the ITCL the team you played in the last game would move up to the first game in the next season.
Old 12-26-18, 06:04 PM
All World

[QUOTE=Raider#23;7219332]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Struthersfan View Post
Schedules:
South Range Raiders
Fri Aug 30 Springfield Local
Fri Sep 6 Crestview
Fri Sep 13 At Canton Central Catholic
Fri Sep 20 At Poland Seminary
Fri Sep 27 Girard
Fri Oct 4 At Niles McKinley
Fri Oct 11 Jefferson Area
Fri Oct 18 At Lakeview
Fri Oct 25 At Struthers
Fri Nov 1 Hubbard

Struthersfan, do you know if the NE8 will rotate the schedule or will it be set the same every year? In other words, in the ITCL the team you played in the last game would move up to the first game in the next season.

The aac was basically the same schedule just rotated home and home every year, seems the easy way to do it but Iím not sure how this new conference leaders will approach it, I like the concept of trying to play a heated rival week 10
Old 12-26-18, 06:07 PM
Varsity

I have heard good things are happening at Jefferson. Any truth behind it? I've always heard that Ashtabula football is hard to get into conferences more north then Youngstown. Grand Valley, Lakeside, Edgewood are all headed to the CVC. How come Jefferson can't? The CVC would be better fitting for Jefferson. NE8 probably won't want to get rid of them because it's a win!

Last edited by HCFootball2010; 12-26-18 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Forgot a word
Old 12-26-18, 09:40 PM
All Ohio

Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I have heard good things are happening at Jefferson. Any truth behind it? I've always heard that Ashtabula football is hard to get into conferences more north then Youngstown. Grand Valley, Lakeside, Edgewood are all headed to the CVC. How come Jefferson can't? The CVC would be better fitting for Jefferson. NE8 probably won't want to get rid of them because it's a win!
I'm not sure what you may have heard about what is going on at Jefferson. They need something good to happen. They were probably one of the worst varsity football teams I have ever seen last season. They were barely at the junior high level in terms of skill and athleticism. I know they have better athletes walking the halls, just need to get them to come out.
Old 12-27-18, 03:33 AM
All Yappi

Quote:

What is good going on at Jefferson?

Old 12-27-18, 05:05 AM
Varsity

I'm not sure of details about things happening. That job was posted last year correct? Anyone know anything of the HC or assistants. There has to be athletes there. That Knight kid from there walked on at Ohio State.
Old 12-27-18, 06:46 AM
All District

itzme is on a distinguished road
I saw Knight playing WR for Akron this yr on ESPN earlier this season.

Jefferson has a few members of the former Lisbon staff that made the playoffs 3 out of their last 4 seasons there before going to Jefferson including HC Jim Tsilimos helping out as an assistant. They have a long way to go in developing & getting talent to come out before they're close to being competitive.
Old 12-27-18, 06:52 AM
Varsity

Yea, I saw that too now that I think about it. He must have transferred!
Lisbon was a big flex bone triple team correct. I wonder if that's what they are running at Jefferson?!?!
Old 12-27-18, 08:36 AM
All District

Jtown5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Jefferson is fielding the worst Varsity Boys sports teams in 2018 that I have seen in 20+ years. The combined records of Football, Soccer, and Basketball (so far) are 0-35, soon to be 0-36 after Saturday. The Knight boy was a preferred walk on at OSU, knew he wasn't going to play after 1 year and made a good decision to transfer to Akron. He was their punt/kick returner and saw some reps at wr late in the season. Good for him, nice kid and an extremely hard worker.
Old 12-27-18, 09:33 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Yea, I saw that too now that I think about it. He must have transferred!

Lisbon was a big flex bone triple team correct. I wonder if that's what they are running at Jefferson?!?!

They are trying to run the triple option. They donít have the speed to do it. And they are playing some fast defenses. But thatís not the only issue. The kids donít look strong. They are lost on defense, Iím sure a team could have scored 100 on them this season if they wanted to. They went 0-10 for a reason. They will continue to be horrid.

Old 12-27-18, 10:24 AM
Freshman

TheMahoningMan is on a distinguished road
This will be an interesting league. Poland/Struthers/Hubbard should battle it out at the top. But don’t sleep on the South Range Raiders. They are a well coached team that have played some tough competition the past 2 seasons. Wouldn’t be shocked if they make some noise and knock off 1 or 2 of the favorites in the league this season.
Old 12-27-18, 03:19 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMahoningMan View Post
This will be an interesting league. Poland/Struthers/Hubbard should battle it out at the top. But donít sleep on the South Range Raiders. They are a well coached team that have played some tough competition the past 2 seasons. Wouldnít be shocked if they make some noise and knock off 1 or 2 of the favorites in the league this season.
I can see them knocking someone off, this is a huge upgrade for SR, when Poland Hubbard Struthers are your tough games compared to when they played in the itcl it is miles and miles harder, with everyone except for Jefferson able to make noise for a couple games and knock someone off. I can easily see SR finishing 4th or 5th in the league right away, what is the ooc schedule look like
Old 12-27-18, 03:31 PM
All World

Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite View Post
I can see them knocking someone off, this is a huge upgrade for SR, when Poland Hubbard Struthers are your tough games compared to when they played in the itcl it is miles and miles harder, with everyone except for Jefferson able to make noise for a couple games and knock someone off. I can easily see SR finishing 4th or 5th in the league right away, what is the ooc schedule look like
Raiders have Springfield Local, Crestview and at Canton Central Catholic for OOC. Normally a very decent OOC slate, except Crestview should be down this coming season.

Old 12-27-18, 05:37 PM
All World

Raider#23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite View Post
Keep in mind Buckeye, the Raiders have a played an independent schedule the past two years against schools like Garfield Heights (D2), Louisville (D3), Marlington (D3), St. Clairsville (D4), and Central Catholic (D5). The days of playing Mineral Ridge, Southern Local or Lisbon are long gone now. The seniors and juniors next year are more accustomed to the higher level of competition. Not that they will be on the same level as Poland, Hubbard and Struthers of the NE8, but at least they have stepped up the competition in their varsity experience to know what to expect.
Old 12-27-18, 06:55 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider#23 View Post
Keep in mind Buckeye, the Raiders have a played an independent schedule the past two years against schools like Garfield Heights (D2), Louisville (D3), Marlington (D3), St. Clairsville (D4), and Central Catholic (D5). The days of playing Mineral Ridge, Southern Local or Lisbon are long gone now. The seniors and juniors next year are more accustomed to the higher level of competition. Not that they will be on the same level as Poland, Hubbard and Struthers of the NE8, but at least they have stepped up the competition in their varsity experience to know what to expect.

Underrated stat. Those games are huge for the future of the raiders.

Old 12-27-18, 07:02 PM
Freshman

TheMahoningMan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider#23 View Post
That why I think they can surprise a few teams. Lets not forget (and I know the common opponent comparison doesnít always work) that they buried a Crestview team who beat a solid Struthers team last season. But those games against those big schools should have them ready for the uptick in competition.
Old 12-27-18, 08:26 PM
All World

wghfan is on a distinguished road
Garfield Hts. was on South Range's schedule last year, would've beat anyone in our area.
Old 12-27-18, 08:28 PM
All World

Quote:
That why I think they can surprise a few teams. Lets not forget (and I know the common opponent comparison doesnít always work) that they buried a Crestview team who beat a solid Struthers team last season. But those games against those big schools should have them ready for the uptick in competition.
They will beat at least one of them, hope itís Poland of course, the crestview game was a mirage in my eyes, cats played the worst game they had in 7 years but it kept them out of the playoffs at 7-3 which is crazy, couple shirt weeks after that game the cats went on to beat Poland and gave Canfield a they wanted, this league will be very competitive for 5 of the conf games next year
Old 12-28-18, 06:52 AM
All Yappi

Yeah Iím excited for this league. South Range is an interesting thing

Old 12-28-18, 11:04 AM
Varsity

RangeRaiders34 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
This will be an interesting league. Poland/Struthers/Hubbard should battle it out at the top. But donít sleep on the South Range Raiders. They are a well coached team that have played some tough competition the past 2 seasons. Wouldnít be shocked if they make some noise and knock off 1 or 2 of the favorites in the league this season.

Range has a staff that constantly gets the best out of its players. They can cause trouble against superior programs.

Old 12-28-18, 02:39 PM
All World

sportster4321 is on a distinguished road
Range should have no trouble competing. Beefing up their schedule this past season will play a big role in how they adjust to the new league. Hoping to maybe get a little rivalry going with the Raiders and my Eagles battling in week 10.