Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 02-21-19, 12:41 PM
Struthersfan Struthersfan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-20-11
Location: San Jacinto, California
Posts: 3,243
Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
It's kool, y'all

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEohioFB View Post
Hey I'm with ya. I wasn't trying to out any person or school, but it's just all too common to throw shots anymore. And you're right, more often than not these kids prove to be more of an issue than an asset. And for what it's worth, according to the people I know in the Hubbard community, both Tarver and Donlow lived within the Hubbard School District. I also asked about the other players they've had. #1 Odem lives in Hubbard and #5 Morales lives in Hubbard.
People tend to get their panties all wadded up.
Jealousy gets ya nowhere.
And you're right, people do tend to throw shots.
It's all just pettiness and immaturity.

It's all good though.
This down time until football season is a killer.
And I'm tellin ya, those are the 10 fastest weeks of anyone's lives.
You wait forever, just for it to fly by like it does.

I'm excited to see how the new NE8 pans out. I can see this being an exciting conference.

Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 02-21-19, 12:48 PM
NEohioFB NEohioFB is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-16-18
Posts: 119
NEohioFB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Struthersfan View Post
People tend to get their panties all wadded up.
Jealousy gets ya nowhere.
And you're right, people do tend to throw shots.
It's all just pettiness and immaturity.

It's all good though.
This down time until football season is a killer.
And I'm tellin ya, those are the 10 fastest weeks of anyone's lives.
You wait forever, just for it to fly by like it does.

I'm excited to see how the new NE8 pans out. I can see this being an exciting conference.

I hear ya there! It is crazy how 10 weeks in the winter and 10 weeks in the beginning of fall feel so different. I have to admit, I was never a fan of how the AAC was working even from the beginning. Then modifications to the league were just making it worse. How could you have a team compete for 2 different conference championships?? I just never liked it. I think the NE8 is going to be great. It should make OOC schedules more valuable since there is only 3. AD's need to be on top of their game to systematically schedule 3 games that help you.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 02-21-19, 12:53 PM
Struthersfan Struthersfan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-20-11
Location: San Jacinto, California
Posts: 3,243
Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEohioFB View Post
AD's need to be on top of their game to systematically schedule 3 games that help you.
This is where we are lacking sorely. I'm a firm believer that the football coach should be making decisions on OOC games. After all, it does significantly determine making the playoffs.
Hopefully we find that 3rd OOC opponent and soon.
It's more than ridiculous that it hasn't been scheduled yet.


Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 02-21-19, 12:59 PM
NEohioFB NEohioFB is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-16-18
Posts: 119
NEohioFB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Struthersfan View Post
This is where we are lacking sorely. I'm a firm believer that the football coach should be making decisions on OOC games. After all, it does significantly determine making the playoffs.
Hopefully we find that 3rd OOC opponent and soon.
It's more than ridiculous that it hasn't been scheduled yet.


I couldn't agree more. The coach should already have a feel for the number of conference games he can win, so games need to be added to meet the number of games needed to make the playoffs. Say Kuntz thinks he can win 6 conference games, and knows he needs to win 8 games to make the playoffs, 2/3 games should be VERY winnable games. Then the 3rd game can sort of be a tester game. But the AD doesn't have the feel for the potential of the team that the coach has.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 02-21-19, 01:07 PM
sportster4321 sportster4321 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-11-12
Posts: 3,182
sportster4321 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
You only get 5 strikes in Hubbard. After that 5th strike you’re out.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol but you bashed Mitchell as nothing but a trouble maker who brought the team down and good ridden. Didn't you? Very similar situation. The Tarvers currently live in Hubbard. The younger boy is a freshman I believe. Only Donlow was OE.
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 02-21-19, 02:46 PM
Buckeye Elite Buckeye Elite is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-10-14
Location: Struthers ohio
Posts: 2,822
Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
On fairness Mitchell was never in legal trouble like morales was but I agree he was a punk too.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 02-21-19, 04:58 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 6,807
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportster4321 View Post
Lol but you bashed Mitchell as nothing but a trouble maker who brought the team down and good ridden. Didn't you? Very similar situation. The Tarvers currently live in Hubbard. The younger boy is a freshman I believe. Only Donlow was OE.


He had a bad attitude at times, yes. But he wasn’t a criminal.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 02-21-19, 10:16 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 6,807
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
So has anyone heard anything regarding a week 2 game? Anything


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 02-22-19, 05:15 AM
ComoCat ComoCat is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-04-15
Posts: 211
ComoCat is on a distinguished road
What's news on turf? I hear Liberty and Campbell are getting turf
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 02-22-19, 06:10 AM
Buckeye Elite Buckeye Elite is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-10-14
Location: Struthers ohio
Posts: 2,822
Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
I would be surprised if Campbell has a team in 4 years, soccer team is good tho. Turf is supposed to be done by the first couple weeks in August
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 02-22-19, 09:08 AM
NEohioFB NEohioFB is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-16-18
Posts: 119
NEohioFB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite View Post
Turf is supposed to be done by the first couple weeks in August
Heard the same thing. That's exciting for this team! Can't it be July already???????
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 02-22-19, 10:24 AM
EastYoungstown EastYoungstown is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-04-12
Location: North Side
Posts: 9,961
EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite View Post
I would be surprised if Campbell has a team in 4 years, soccer team is good tho. Turf is supposed to be done by the first couple weeks in August
The goal is mid June for completion in Campbell.
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 02-22-19, 12:33 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 6,807
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYoungstown View Post
The goal is mid June for completion in Campbell.

Are you a Campbell guy now


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 02-22-19, 02:06 PM
kingpin2010 kingpin2010 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-27-10
Location: McDonald, OH
Posts: 4,867
kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Not a NE8 thread, but does involve Struthers. The new proposed enrollment numbers for the next 2 years were released. Obviously there’s still the CB to be added but still gives you an idea. One thing of interesting note is South Range dropping from 188 to 156, depending on the divisional split and their CB number there’s a chance they could be D6 (159 was the D6 cutoff last year).

Entire NE8 base enrollment:
Niles- 310
Hubbard- 256
Poland- 244
Lakeview- 231
Girard- 227
Struthers- 218
Jefferson- 188
SR- 156
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 02-22-19, 02:17 PM
EastYoungstown EastYoungstown is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-04-12
Location: North Side
Posts: 9,961
EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Are you a Campbell guy now


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm a Medina guy.
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 02-22-19, 03:07 PM
Struthersfan Struthersfan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-20-11
Location: San Jacinto, California
Posts: 3,243
Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
According to Kingpin’s numbers, not counting CB yet, Jefferson looks to be DV.
And Struthers is getting darn close.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 02-22-19, 07:29 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 6,807
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Struthersfan View Post
According to Kingpin’s numbers, not counting CB yet, Jefferson looks to be DV.
And Struthers is getting darn close.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.


Those numbers look wrong. Hubbard and Niles look like their CB number is already added. We’ll see


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 02-23-19, 10:40 AM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 6,807
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Hearing New Philadelphia has reached out.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 02-23-19, 01:43 PM
Struthersfan Struthersfan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-20-11
Location: San Jacinto, California
Posts: 3,243
Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Great news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Hearing New Philadelphia has reached out.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
THAT would be AWESOME!

I hope she gets this one scheduled.

Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 02-23-19, 03:37 PM
ComoCat ComoCat is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-04-15
Posts: 211
ComoCat is on a distinguished road
NP is better than nothing.
East Youngstown is Campbell. East side of Youngstown is not.
Are we the only NE8 team without soccer, will it ever happen?
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 02-23-19, 05:18 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 6,807
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComoCat View Post
NP is better than nothing.
East Youngstown is Campbell. East side of Youngstown is not.
Are we the only NE8 team without soccer, will it ever happen?


Probably and I don’t really care.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 02-23-19, 06:42 PM
ComoCat ComoCat is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-04-15
Posts: 211
ComoCat is on a distinguished road
You're so bad man. Bad to the bone.
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 02-23-19, 06:55 PM
Struthersfan Struthersfan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-20-11
Location: San Jacinto, California
Posts: 3,243
Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
Cool Spread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComoCat View Post
You're so bad man. Bad to the bone.
Spread is kool like kool-aid.

I like to fly back each fall, usually early season to visit relatives and catch the Cats.
I'm more than up for seeing New Philadelphia and West Branch. Lakeside not so much.

We've got some ancient history with Phila. Perhaps a half dozen or so games.... seems like they did very decent against the Cats.

Only problem I can see is one of the teams only gets 4 home games.
I can see that happening to us. (*The great negotiator that she is*)

I'll guess we'll see what the crystal ball brings. Hopefully soon!


is it football season yet?
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 02-23-19, 07:37 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 6,807
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComoCat View Post
You're so bad man. Bad to the bone.


Makes no sense to field a soccer team. We can barely field a competitive team in any sport besides football.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 02-23-19, 07:58 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 6,807
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Struthersfan View Post
Spread is kool like kool-aid.

I like to fly back each fall, usually early season to visit relatives and catch the Cats.
I'm more than up for seeing New Philadelphia and West Branch. Lakeside not so much.

We've got some ancient history with Phila. Perhaps a half dozen or so games.... seems like they did very decent against the Cats.

Only problem I can see is one of the teams only gets 4 home games.
I can see that happening to us. (*The great negotiator that she is*)

I'll guess we'll see what the crystal ball brings. Hopefully soon!


is it football season yet?


Cats are all time 1-4 against the Quakers.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 02-23-19, 07:59 PM
Struthersfan Struthersfan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-20-11
Location: San Jacinto, California
Posts: 3,243
Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Makes no sense to field a soccer team. We can barely field a competitive team in any sport besides football.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Soccer and/or Wrestling.
Struthers has never had wrestling, probably never will.
Just a mindset in the town that it would detract from football/basketball.

And you're right. We have a hard enough time getting competitive teams in baseball, tennis, golf, track and sometimes even basketball.
We're already spread too thin.
Better to leave well enough alone.

Struthers is a football town first. Then basketball.
Let's keep it that way..
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 02-23-19, 08:00 PM
Struthersfan Struthersfan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-20-11
Location: San Jacinto, California
Posts: 3,243
Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Cats are all time 1-4 against the Quakers.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Somehow I knew you'd know that.

If you hear anything firm, please post.....
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 02-23-19, 11:26 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 6,807
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Struthersfan View Post
Soccer and/or Wrestling.

Struthers has never had wrestling, probably never will.

Just a mindset in the town that it would detract from football/basketball.



And you're right. We have a hard enough time getting competitive teams in baseball, tennis, golf, track and sometimes even basketball.

We're already spread too thin.

Better to leave well enough alone.



Struthers is a football town first. Then basketball.

Let's keep it that way..


Exactly.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 02-24-19, 07:40 AM
third down third down is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-19-19
Posts: 38
third down is on a distinguished road
Looking forward to seeing the stadium lit up with the new turf
be sure to post a pic when it is completed
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 02-24-19, 03:45 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 6,807
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by third down View Post
Looking forward to seeing the stadium lit up with the new turf
be sure to post a pic when it is completed


I plan on grabbing a couple of pictures with my drone the next time I’m in town and they’re working.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Barberton: A Coaching Legacy frecriss Barberton Magics 18 11-28-18 10:02 AM
Padua Football 2019 E.S. Furgeson Football 0 10-26-18 08:52 PM
Struthers at Hubbard week 8 sportster4321 Football 360 10-13-18 02:46 PM
Youth tackle football participation linked to earlier onset of cognitive and emotiona Yappi Football 67 05-16-18 03:11 PM
Week 2: North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards LeopardNation Football 76 09-03-17 07:29 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz