Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  
Old 02-16-19, 09:46 AM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Struthersfan View Post
Ever thought of being a comedian?

The pay for AD must be awfully low, thus why we're stuck with what we have.

Perhaps she feels she's in a dead-end job, looking for an out.

I've tried contacting her by email, but as expected.... no replies.

Must be too busy!

LOL

Cartoon time in Struthers.

"King of the Hil"l or perhaps "Family Guy"

Gotta love it!

Itís like 8 grand on top of her teaching salary. She teaches 3 classes I believe. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-17-19, 03:59 PM
All District

ComoCat is on a distinguished road
I wonder if its a union protected position? If it is that would be the reason theyre not getting rid of her. They would have to deem her unqualified to really get rid of her. I know what youre thinking...she is unqualified. We know that. But proving that to the union is a whole different ball game. I know there are some very qualified people out there that would be interested, but it is what it is. The basketball hire is a bad indication of things to come.
Old 02-17-19, 05:50 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComoCat View Post
I wonder if its a union protected position? If it is that would be the reason theyre not getting rid of her. They would have to deem her unqualified to really get rid of her. I know what youre thinking...she is unqualified. We know that. But proving that to the union is a whole different ball game. I know there are some very qualified people out there that would be interested, but it is what it is. The basketball hire is a bad indication of things to come.

Yeah that dude is absolutely clueless. Also last seasons baseball hire. Struthers will stay this way until all of those fools on the board are gone though.

Old 02-17-19, 11:32 PM
All World

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
To be fair they have the exact same record in hoops as last season, just made a deep run to the district championship, but the board listens to the wrong people when it comes to hiring. Idk who would be a good candidate, because no matter who it is someone who stands at the games drunk will have something bad to say about it
Old 02-18-19, 08:17 AM
All District

The basketball hire is more the fault of a certain assistant. He wanted a say in the hire or he was pulling his kid and another player was following. Too many hands in the cookie jar. Donors wanted a say. Now look. You have this ultra talented team underperforming. In fairness to the coach, he doesn't want to come back either from all the drama with the parents. Let admin do their jobs people! This was supposed to be one of the best teams in the area this year and theyre the 10 seed in the tourney? Geez. They had two really good candidates from the area, but the assistant didn't want them. Wanted someone he could control. One very proven he could run the table. Now next year will be the last chance for this group with Ryan to do something. Wonder if he still has his YSU offer. Back to the AD, when we look at the big picture football and basketball have been performing well during her time. Maybe that's all theyre considering? We don't know what the financials look like. Theres that aspect too. If shes bringing in money, its hard to get rid of her. Many athletic departments operate in red. If shes fiscally responsible and not stealing the money shes considered a solid director. Unfortunately in dealing with cash, lots of departments magically end up in red.
Old 02-18-19, 09:46 AM
All World

Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
Como ........ plenty of valid points there.
Teams are winning, crowds generally there. Perhaps no money walking out the door.
No reason to sweat job security.
Perhaps people who would want the job might have “sticky fingers”.

Hopefully the basketball hire works out. The schedule was tough enough.
Boardman, Lakeview, good Hickory and Sharon teams. South Range has an excellent squad.
So all in all, maybe some of the losses could’ve been wins.
Woulda, coulda, shoulda.......

I guess we should be thankful for what we have in Struthers.
Good stable district. Plenty of athletic talent. Great community support.
We could be doing a lot worse.
Old 02-18-19, 02:45 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComoCat View Post
The basketball hire is more the fault of a certain assistant. He wanted a say in the hire or he was pulling his kid and another player was following. Too many hands in the cookie jar. Donors wanted a say. Now look. You have this ultra talented team underperforming. In fairness to the coach, he doesn't want to come back either from all the drama with the parents. Let admin do their jobs people! This was supposed to be one of the best teams in the area this year and theyre the 10 seed in the tourney? Geez. They had two really good candidates from the area, but the assistant didn't want them. Wanted someone he could control. One very proven he could run the table. Now next year will be the last chance for this group with Ryan to do something. Wonder if he still has his YSU offer. Back to the AD, when we look at the big picture football and basketball have been performing well during her time. Maybe that's all theyre considering? We don't know what the financials look like. Theres that aspect too. If shes bringing in money, its hard to get rid of her. Many athletic departments operate in red. If shes fiscally responsible and not stealing the money shes considered a solid director. Unfortunately in dealing with cash, lots of departments magically end up in red.

Thought he was a stand up guy. If true my opinion of him is changed. Take your kid elsewhere, Iím sure the other kids are good enough for a 10 seed..... good lord.
Also not sure about the financial situation. But I do know a coach resigned before kuntz because of some financial issues.

And the Ryan kid with his YSU offer Iím not sure but I know he is a stud on the football field.

Old 02-18-19, 05:23 PM
All World

Thumbs up Read my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Thought he was a stand up guy. If true my opinion of him is changed. Take your kid elsewhere, Iím sure the other kids are good enough for a 10 seed..... good lord.
Also not sure about the financial situation. But I do know a coach resigned before kuntz because of some financial issues.

And the Ryan kid with his YSU offer Iím not sure but I know he is a stud on the football field.

Was thinking the same thing.

Don't let the door hit ya in the azz.. when you leave.
Close the door behind.
Anyone else thinking they're "irreplaceable", we'll show you the door as well. Don't need negative people around.

Ryan will not have any trouble whatsoever getting a scolly from YSU.
Good kid....
Old 02-18-19, 11:20 PM
All World

Open Week Two:

(1)
Lakewood St. Edward, Lancaster, Pickerington Central, Huber Heights Wayne, Avon Lake, Toledo Central Catholic

(2)
New Philadelphia, Cleveland East Technical, Cleveland Lincoln West, Columbus Bishop Watterson, Cincinnati Hughes, Trotwood-Madison

(3)
Clarksville Clinton-Massie, Cleveland Heights, Lutheran East, Cincinnati North College Hill, Brooklyn, Mineral Ridge, Mogadore, Shadyside, Fayetteville, Maria Stein Marion Local, Cuyahoga Heights,

(4)
Lisbon David Anderson, Richmond Heights, Franklin Furnace Green, Bradford, Dayton Jefferson Township, Cincinnati Miami Valley Christian Academy, Cincinnati College Prep

According to Eagle’s post, here’s what is available Week Two. I broke them down into four groups.
Group One is out of our league. Not even worth talking about.
Group Four is way too small to schedule. Most are nowhere near Y’town.
Group Three is too small for the most part. Could see Massie, Cleveland Heights. Possibly Mogadore or Marion Local
Group Two is probably our best option. New Philadelphia or Watterson are who I’d like to see the Cats schedule .
Lincoln West, East Tech or Hughes are all possible, but not really ideal to schedule. Would get very little from any of these three.

We need to get on the phone with either Phila or Watterson and quick. These are our two best options and they may not be there long. There is a Canadian team willing to travel, but that would seem like our last resort.

Hopefully get something going quickly.
I’ll come back for WB and possibly week two if we ever get anyone scheduled.
Old 02-19-19, 05:12 AM
All World

The numbers for the basketball program arnt anywhere near 2011-2013 teams, and not real close to the 2015-16 team either. Nobody simply cares about the sports as much as they do the football team, no matter what the record is there’s always a good turn out, that’s what makes this week 2 game crucial
Old 02-19-19, 03:48 PM
All Region

Struthers wildcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yeah that dude is absolutely clueless. Also last seasons baseball hire. Struthers will stay this way until all of those fools on the board are gone though.

Spread what do you have against the new struthers baseball coach ? Why is it a bad hire in your eyes ? I know some of the things he is doing with the younger kids and building a strong foundation . You wonít see it for a few years but trust me there will be a few solid years coming up .
Old 02-19-19, 04:21 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Struthers wildcat View Post
Spread what do you have against the new struthers baseball coach ? Why is it a bad hire in your eyes ? I know some of the things he is doing with the younger kids and building a strong foundation . You wonít see it for a few years but trust me there will be a few solid years coming up .

So was the last coach.... and they won about the same amount of games. Politics.

Old 02-19-19, 07:20 PM
All World

Quote:
Thatís false on a lot of accounts, the guy just likes to be involved, politics def is the only reason he is there. Baseball Had been a dead sport in Struthers and will continue to be for the foreseeable future
Old 02-19-19, 08:10 PM
All World

wghfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Open Week Two:

(1)
Lakewood St. Edward, Lancaster, Pickerington Central, Huber Heights Wayne, Avon Lake, Toledo Central Catholic

(2)
New Philadelphia, Cleveland East Technical, Cleveland Lincoln West, Columbus Bishop Watterson, Cincinnati Hughes, Trotwood-Madison

(3)
Clarksville Clinton-Massie, Cleveland Heights, Lutheran East, Cincinnati North College Hill, Brooklyn, Mineral Ridge, Mogadore, Shadyside, Fayetteville, Maria Stein Marion Local, Cuyahoga Heights,

(4)
Lisbon David Anderson, Richmond Heights, Franklin Furnace Green, Bradford, Dayton Jefferson Township, Cincinnati Miami Valley Christian Academy, Cincinnati College Prep

According to Eagleís post, hereís what is available Week Two. I broke them down into four groups.
Group One is out of our league. Not even worth talking about.
Group Four is way too small to schedule. Most are nowhere near Yítown.
Group Three is too small for the most part. Could see Massie, Cleveland Heights. Possibly Mogadore or Marion Local
Group Two is probably our best option. New Philadelphia or Watterson are who Iíd like to see the Cats schedule .
Lincoln West, East Tech or Hughes are all possible, but not really ideal to schedule. Would get very little from any of these three.

We need to get on the phone with either Phila or Watterson and quick. These are our two best options and they may not be there long. There is a Canadian team willing to travel, but that would seem like our last resort.

Hopefully get something going quickly.
Iíll come back for WB and possibly week two if we ever get anyone scheduled.
Akron East is still open week 2 according to the OSHAA website
Old 02-19-19, 08:18 PM
All District

Bball team lost to lowellville tonight....gulp
Old 02-19-19, 09:00 PM
All World

East at Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by wghfan View Post
Akron East is still open week 2 according to the OSHAA website
Akron East picked up an away game at Massillon Perry.
Good matchup.
Again, we waited too long.
First was St. Clairsville, then John Hay. Now Akron East.

At this rate itíll be Mineral Ridge or a bye.
Seeing possibilities for the Cats get picked up by other teams is frustrating.
Someone needs to get hot. This is getting so ridiculous.

Iíll be so ticked off if we end up with a bye. A sure sign they need to replace her.
Old 02-19-19, 09:39 PM
All World

I’d get some team from Canada to come down honestly, every other school in the area has
Old 02-19-19, 09:52 PM
All World

wghfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Akron East picked up an away game at Massillon Perry.
Good matchup.
Again, we waited too long.
First was St. Clairsville, then John Hay. Now Akron East.

At this rate itíll be Mineral Ridge or a bye.
Seeing possibilities for the Cats get picked up by other teams is frustrating.
Someone needs to get hot. This is getting so ridiculous.

Iíll be so ticked off if we end up with a bye. A sure sign they need to replace her.
Ok, sorry about that then. OSHAA should update their website with this, to not confuse people
Old 02-20-19, 07:52 PM
All Yappi

Hubbardís two best players moved out of Hubbard. Decent news.

Old 02-20-19, 08:06 PM
All Region

Struthers wildcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Hubbardís two best players moved out of Hubbard. Decent news.

Or did they just go back to there old school where they came from. Which two kids is it.
Old 02-20-19, 08:26 PM
All World

sportster4321 is on a distinguished road
The Eagles are better because of it. One was kicked out for trouble at the school. The other was a cancer to the team.
Old 02-20-19, 11:36 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportster4321 View Post
The Eagles are better because of it. One was kicked out for trouble at the school. The other was a cancer to the team.
I said that last year and nobody wanted to Hear it
Old 02-20-19, 11:54 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Or did they just go back to there old school where they came from. Which two kids is it.

Tarver a running back to Farrell
Donlow to east.

Old 02-21-19, 11:15 AM
All District

NEohioFB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Still don't understand why people take shots to other schools about open enrollment, even Struthers people. SMH

It's too bad Willie Mitchell wasn't able to pan out in Struthers.

Quit casting stones. It's the new norm now... even in Good Ol Struthers.
Old 02-21-19, 12:02 PM
All World

sportster4321 is on a distinguished road
Right! Happens everywhere. Hubbard handled it the right way. Still plenty of optimism.
Old 02-21-19, 12:23 PM
All Yappi

Struthers football 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEohioFB View Post
Still don't understand why people take shots to other schools about open enrollment, even Struthers people. SMH

It's too bad Willie Mitchell wasn't able to pan out in Struthers.

Quit casting stones. It's the new norm now... even in Good Ol Struthers.

Willie Mitchell wasnít an open enrollment student he lived in Struthers. Shows how much you know. Smh durrrr

He panned out pretty well. 2 playoff teams in a row with him on the team. He did have to move back to Canton where his family moved back to. Wasnít just him. He had siblings in Struthers as well. Also he had a solid year in Canton so good for him.

Old 02-21-19, 12:24 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportster4321 View Post
Right! Happens everywhere. Hubbard handled it the right way. Still plenty of optimism.

You only get 5 strikes in Hubbard. After that 5th strike youíre out.

Old 02-21-19, 12:27 PM
All World

I could give a rat's azzzz about who gets what.
Lots of time, these 'transferees' are nothing more than problem children.
And they tend to disrupt everything.
My feeling is they discourage kids who've been through the system all their lives and end up riding the bench.

If Hubbard gets them, good for them. Hope they work out.
But there's enough good local talent and a good system in place, that they don't need them. JMO.
Old 02-21-19, 12:28 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
My feeling is they discourage kids who've been through the system all their lives and end up riding the bench.

But there's enough good local talent and a good system in place, that they don't need them. JMO.

Absolutely correct.

Old 02-21-19, 12:31 PM
All District

NEohioFB is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Hey I'm with ya. I wasn't trying to out any person or school, but it's just all too common to throw shots anymore. And you're right, more often than not these kids prove to be more of an issue than an asset. And for what it's worth, according to the people I know in the Hubbard community, both Tarver and Donlow lived within the Hubbard School District. I also asked about the other players they've had. #1 Odem lives in Hubbard and #5 Morales lives in Hubbard.