Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  
Old 06-27-19, 04:44 AM
All Yappi

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
OK, I need to start researching these region 2 teams so simply how good will Coffman be this season?

Hey Vamps , I think if you read the few previous pages you can get an idea about the players Coffman has coming back . They will be good. How good? Offensive line is rebuilding and that will need to be an area they get better as the year goes on , but in the other areas they have talent and experience coming back .

My guess is Wayne and Coffman will play at some point again and hopefully Coffman can get a win this time. On paper and from what I know I would think the game would be more like 2014 game than 2016. Except Coffman won't give up nearly that many points but the game would be competitive and lower scoring.
Old 06-27-19, 12:24 PM
All Region

Walt is on a distinguished road
This is not chest thumping but the last 2-3 years it seems Central Ohio D1 football has been a notch or two above Dayton area D1. I’m not sure what the Dayton area teams have coming back but I’d think Coffman should be considered a favorite to win R2. That said, I thought Coffman and Reynoldburg were the best two teams in R2 last year so what do I know?
Old 06-27-19, 04:04 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt View Post
This is not chest thumping but the last 2-3 years it seems Central Ohio D1 football has been a notch or two above Dayton area D1. I’m not sure what the Dayton area teams have coming back but I’d think Coffman should be considered a favorite to win R2. That said, I thought Coffman and Reynoldburg were the best two teams in R2 last year so what do I know?
During the season as a whole R-Burg and Coffman were probably the best two on the field but Liberty with 34 Seniors and a ton of play-off experience and success just played better in beating those two teams had better schemes and executed better If they played during the regular season I think both Coffman and R-Burg beat Liberty but when it counted Liberty got the job done .

Liberty being in R-3 is disappointing for Coffman. I was hoping they get another shot at them in the play-offs . Not a huge revenge spot because overall Coffman is 8-1 all time vs. them but they know they didn't play well and this year was probably going to go better . Oh well .
Old 06-28-19, 07:09 AM
All District

Saltlife is on a distinguished road
Last years contenders should all have a chance this year. Liberty has great numbers and coaching. PC always reloads. PN has a ridiculous amount of athletes. Coffman on paper is the team to beat in Central Ohio and I'm guessing they know it or are talking about it. Momentum is always the key and handling adversity. One or two injuries in public school football is a game changer. As HC stated after Johnson went down when Coffman played PN they ran away from Sawyer all night. If memory serves me correctly Coffman only threw the ball maybe 5 times that game. PC loses a ton it will be interesting to see how many move ins they got to reload.
Old 07-01-19, 07:59 PM
All Region

Pickeringtonsports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltlife View Post
Last years contenders should all have a chance this year. Liberty has great numbers and coaching. PC always reloads. PN has a ridiculous amount of athletes. Coffman on paper is the team to beat in Central Ohio and I'm guessing they know it or are talking about it. Momentum is always the key and handling adversity. One or two injuries in public school football is a game changer. As HC stated after Johnson went down when Coffman played PN they ran away from Sawyer all night. If memory serves me correctly Coffman only threw the ball maybe 5 times that game. PC loses a ton it will be interesting to see how many move ins they got to reload.
Do you just make this stuff up as you type? I think you have your Pickerington’s mixed up. Central is loaded with athletes. There are probably 20 D1 prospects in the program some are underclassmen. North has a few but way below Central. Not sure where you are getting your information.
Old 07-02-19, 03:58 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickeringtonsports View Post
Do you just make this stuff up as you type? I think you have your Pickerington’s mixed up. Central is loaded with athletes. There are probably 20 D1 prospects in the program some are underclassmen. North has a few but way below Central. Not sure where you are getting your information.
Central is the favorite in Central Ohio , has the most athletes and Pick North and Coffman are a couple of the next top teams on paper after that . Westerville Central is going to be one to watch as well in terms of talent on paper. Teams take time to develop as we know and there will be some others that will be in the conversation as the season goes on. Pick C is pretty loaded and a definite state title contender , Pick North is very motivated after surprisingly not making the play-offs and we all know they have some real top end talent .
Old 07-03-19, 09:09 AM
All District

Saltlife is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickeringtonsports View Post
Facts not made up. who becomes the rb central lost, backups looked shaky last year. Who replaces the lost secondary? 1 returning lb. Who will b the other? D line takes a huge hit with Johnson and carter going d1. Lomonico is a great coach but has a lot of reloading to do. Other than Styles who will be the receivers and I don't think central ever replaced the loss off the two d1 TEs. I do think the o line will be better and start gelling with last years experience but they still haven't shown the dominance the line had 2 years ago. Great staff question as stated will be how many move ins come in to reload. Until that is shown I stand by the statements.
Old 07-09-19, 06:38 PM
All Yappi

Three weeks of final gains to be made as college camp season fades from view and it's all in and full go for the 2019 season . This is the time for intense training and trying to get really ready for camp .

As I have stated many times , Coffman has many answers , but the questions that need to answered are going to tell the story of the 2019 season.

Athletic talent isn't an issue with this club , O-Line needs to improve and come together as a unit like 2013 , improve EVERY PRACTICE EVERY GAME , and be a unit that can give the array of talent the time and space they need to operate and make special plays. Defense will be the dominant unit entering camp and that is a telling statement when assessing what the potential of this club can be.

When the defense is going to be the more known and trusted entity when you have guys like Drennan , Diallo , Williamson , and Yousey back ? What does that say ?

4th straight year of a brand New starting QB? O-line replacing 4 Seniors? As I have been beating the drum of playing a couple more kids two ways{ Or anyone as other D-1 contenders do } again I will believe it when I see it .

Last edited by Harrycrane; 07-09-19 at 06:52 PM.
Old 07-09-19, 07:10 PM
All Yappi

In the other news category , Dublin Union County { Jerome} the self proclaimed 'Homegrown " Program { OK I see they may be going away from that this year} has added some more Coffman transfers . Ok to be accurate the Henderson's who were Coffman district kids and were at Sells middle school for three years came to Jerome as Freshman . Coach G benefitted greatly of course as both were three year starters and in 2016 were his two BEST players .

Anyway it seems the homegrown program has added Aziz squared { SR WR Soph RB} the rising Soph RB who probably wants to go to Jerome instead of working with his Coffman classmates to improve and catch up to Jerome who thumped Coffman in the all important Frosh fame wants to join the other team he think he will do better with? Not sure , it's tough to say if he would have ever bee the guy at Coffman at RB.

Sr. WR Aziz has made some great strides working with the Coffman kids and using the Coffman facilities . He will go from a kid who would be a part of a really good team getting on the field as a Senior albeit in a lesser role than the one he will have as a main target at the 'HOMEGROWN " program where he may be a main target as the Celts rebuild at the receiver position but a part of a 500 team?{may be} .

I think this officially ends the 'homegrown " motivator for Jerome where Coffman is concerned anyway. Week three should be interesting .

Last edited by Harrycrane; 07-09-19 at 07:23 PM.
Old 07-10-19, 07:36 AM
All World

BGFalcons86 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
In the other news category , Dublin Union County { Jerome} the self proclaimed 'Homegrown " Program { OK I see they may be going away from that this year} has added some more Coffman transfers . Ok to be accurate the Henderson's who were Coffman district kids and were at Sells middle school for three years came to Jerome as Freshman . Coach G benefitted greatly of course as both were three year starters and in 2016 were his two BEST players .

Anyway it seems the homegrown program has added Aziz squared { SR WR Soph RB} the rising Soph RB who probably wants to go to Jerome instead of working with his Coffman classmates to improve and catch up to Jerome who thumped Coffman in the all important Frosh fame wants to join the other team he think he will do better with? Not sure , it's tough to say if he would have ever bee the guy at Coffman at RB.

Sr. WR Aziz has made some great strides working with the Coffman kids and using the Coffman facilities . He will go from a kid who would be a part of a really good team getting on the field as a Senior albeit in a lesser role than the one he will have as a main target at the 'HOMEGROWN " program where he may be a main target as the Celts rebuild at the receiver position but a part of a 500 team?{may be} .

I think this officially ends the 'homegrown " motivator for Jerome where Coffman is concerned anyway. Week three should be interesting .
Gecewich has always been complimentary of Davidson and Darby. How's the relationship between Jerome and Coffman?
Old 07-10-19, 08:17 AM
All Yappi

Jerome has played Darby and scrimmages Davidson so I get that. I don't know his feelings towards Coffman to be honest. He was calling for a game with Coffman in 2016 and 2017 when he would be interviewed on post game shows . He's a great interview

He's done a very good job at Jerome and is still building the culture there. His rising Soph and Frosh classes are very good and have beaten the Coffman kids . He won't beat Coffman this year but after that he has a good chance as Jerome grows and his culture takes a stronger hold.

Gecewich and White have been vocal about kids playing musical chairs and the overall transfer culture . Neither has mentioned Coffman but Gecewich's drumbeat about being homegrown was taken note of and took of exception by Coffman last year . Coffman played two kids last year who weren't at Coffman since day one of Frosh year and virtually all played in Middle school in the district .

Darby obviously is respected as a class program especially by White who sees them as pure when standing besides Bradley who has gotten more transfers than the other two .

My point was the Homegrown coach was gifted two top players from Sells and the Coffman district{ Henderson boys who were three year varsity players 2014-2016 and were arguably his top two guys in 2016} and while as I said although talented we can't really know how much rising Soph Rb Aziz will turn out , I do know that rising Senior WR Aziz will be a target as Jerome lost their best receivers and aren't exactly loaded at that position . Both kids grinded using Coffman facilities and were at the school a combined 4 years . Now they go to Jerome for ?

Soph may be got beat up by Jerome last year in the Frosh game and as coach White is on record as saying 'Wants a perceived easier path on a few fronts" and the Senior wants to be a target more often even if it means leaving a school Senior year where he has worked hard to get on the field on Friday night his Senior year on a team with great potential which he surely would have to be a more featured guy on a lesser team down the street.

I would never root against a kid and I really hope the transfers work out for them, except for when they play Coffman of course . I am sure the players feel the same way about their former brothers but week three going over the middle to make a catch they may not be a big fan lol .
Old 07-10-19, 08:30 AM
All American

sapientia et veritas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGFalcons86 View Post
How's the relationship between Jerome and Coffman?
Jerome caught them cheating.

Dang. I was ready to let this thread die but somebody pitched a gopher ball.

No wait. That was Scioto.

Calm down, Stiv and read to this sentence before firing off three trigger happy responses. Crabtree and Gecewich are both good guys. I imagine they get along fine. They probably root for each other when they're not playing each other. "Union county" aside, it's all one larger community anyhow.
Old 07-10-19, 08:39 AM
All Yappi

Any luck with Hartley trying to move down a division ?
Old 07-10-19, 09:10 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapientia et veritas View Post
Jerome caught them cheating.

Dang. I was ready to let this thread die but somebody pitched a gopher ball.

No wait. That was Scioto.

Calm down, Stiv and read to this sentence before firing off three trigger happy responses. Crabtree and Gecewich are both good guys. I imagine they get along fine. They probably root for each other when they're not playing each other. "Union county" aside, it's all one larger community anyhow.
Gopher ball ? Was talking about Jerome.{ You read al my posts { I was going to leave any Hartley thread or reference alone but I will rethink now} So again how is that kid who was never going to go to Coffman play QB at Coffman { Or Scioto for that matter} doing in his illustrious football career at a rival Catholic school? Has he even started at any position? Oh that cheating that involved a kids father walking unannounced into Crab's office and Coffman QB coach who gave private lessons to many kids had a session with the kid ? That cheating ?

No recruiting , wasn't going to Coffman and they never cared if he did or not and was never going to start at any position there at any point in football anyway{ may be basketball this year as a Senior? }} . I'm calm, you are still a piece of crap and may be I will stop by any Hartley thread now like you do here. Enjoy the rest of your summer.
Old 07-10-19, 11:40 AM
All District

WJ-OSU-STEELERS is on a distinguished road
Harry - Sounds like some Dublin on Dublin crime regarding the 'transfers'. Is the Dublin "Union County" Jerome comment intended as an insult in the Dublin community, kinda like the "Golden Ghetto" is in Upper Arlington? Oh, the troubles of the affluent.
Old 07-10-19, 11:53 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJ-OSU-STEELERS View Post
Harry - Sounds like some Dublin on Dublin crime regarding the 'transfers'. Is the Dublin "Union County" Jerome comment intended as an insult in the Dublin community, kinda like the "Golden Ghetto" is in Upper Arlington? Oh, the troubles of the affluent.
Doesn't seem like an insult...

Jerome = Muirfield/Tartan
Coffman = Predominantly upper-middle class neighborhoods
Scioto = Middle class (w/ some upper-middle class and a bit of working class)
Old 07-10-19, 12:38 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJ-OSU-STEELERS View Post
Reaching there Steel girder . I think the guys on the Huddle know me for nicknames and trying to have fun with it. poke some fun , needle a bit . I have nothing against Union county certainly . I live in Franklin county but a stone's throw from Delaware county . Dublin is that rare community that encompasses THREE counties . Jerome is building a nice program, like their coach a lot , but I will offer some context and what I thought about his homegrown mantra . He has some excellent talent in the last few classes to enter Jerome and is coming on strong. They were leading Coffman at the half last year { 14-10 } before Coffman took control later in the third quarter and coasted in the 4th.

As far as Sappy V is concerned as long as he continues to come here and call Crabtree a cheater I will ALWAYS again describe that situation and the facts of the matter . It was a nothing burger , they made a mistake certainly and Scioto was going after them hard , BUT the fact is this wasn't a case of trying to recruit this kid to come to Coffman to play and certainly it was evident he was never going to play Quarterback at Coffman as has been more than proven since. I knew for a fact he wasn't a QB prospect and got pushback from people who should know better but wanted it to be true they were trying to steal some stud player. To me it was telling that Crabtree was sown really strong support from a NEW AD Sheldon who had no relationship with coach C. He wasn't disciplined by the school . If this was a blatant case of overt recruiting ? I think the district and school imposes something more on the coach . That is speculation of course not fact.

Never was the case . Yes they were put on probation and there was a technical infraction but in reality it was certainly not a real case of recruiting . I am sure that Sappy will come back a few more times this season with his cheater claims as he passively aggressively calls coach a good guy

Some People don't like Coffman, that's real , I figured that out many years ago as a newer resident . It is what it is and that emotion clouds judgment and intensifies criticism . I will defend what I think are unfair generalizations and unfair criticism. Of course I am biased but I will have FACTS that support my defense. I can smell football season coming through my sweat after cutting the grass .
Old 07-12-19, 02:58 PM
All World

Time to start Dublin Coffman 2019, stiv.
Old 07-12-19, 04:40 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGFalcons86 View Post
Time to start Dublin Coffman 2019, stiv.
Yes it is . I let the thread go for about a calendar year but it’s about time now as we reach a few weeks before camp .

Last edited by Harrycrane; 07-12-19 at 05:16 PM.