Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  
Old 07-11-19, 04:03 PM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by doverbuck View Post
They should be getting the best defender on the team who missed all of last year with injury, he played a great game against BR in 2017, I think he is right behind May as value to the team, and yes if the line does not develop its lights out.

What position does he play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-11-19, 05:22 PM
All Ohio

Mr.wrsln2 is on a distinguished road
Reserve windy placekicker holder
Old 07-11-19, 06:12 PM
All Ohio

doverbuck is on a distinguished road
LB/RB had a terrific sophomore year but tore his knee up last pre season missed the whole year.
Old 07-11-19, 08:21 PM
All Region

Professor.Klump is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider6309 View Post
State Final 4
Trotwood vs Toledo Central Catholic
Kenston vs Bishop Hartley
TCC is DII

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY

Last edited by Professor.Klump; 07-12-19 at 10:52 AM.
Old 07-11-19, 08:26 PM
All Region

Really not gonna start arguing whos better than Trotwood this early. Because we wont even see DIII competition until the first week of the playoffs.

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY
Old 07-12-19, 10:48 AM
All Region

erdna is on a distinguished road
The rest of D3 is more concerned about Big Red being in D3 than Big Red is concerned about being in D3.
Old 07-12-19, 02:40 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Old 07-12-19, 04:10 PM
All Ohio

playboi12 is on a distinguished road
Are we just gonna pretend that Alter just fell off the face of the earth?....ok.
Old 07-13-19, 10:15 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdna View Post
The rest of D3 is more concerned about Big Red being in D3 than Big Red is concerned about being in D3.
Scared of what actually????? You only play two Ohio teams, how would one even see a Big Red game???

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY
Old 07-13-19, 09:55 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor.Klump View Post
Scared of what actually????? You only play two Ohio teams, how would one even see a Big Red game???

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY
Ummm...I'm sure they don't play any out of state teams in the playoffs.
Old 07-13-19, 10:13 PM
Varsity

just me being me is on a distinguished road
A few years back ville was scheduled to play the Wood but the game never happened. Rumor has it the ville backed out a month or so before the game. Does anybody know the real deal.
Old 07-13-19, 10:37 PM
All World

Maple_City_Fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That is bleeping fertilizer.
Old 07-14-19, 06:13 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple_City_Fan View Post
That is bleeping fertilizer.
Big Red hasn't dominated D3 in the past?
Old 07-15-19, 06:41 AM
All World

Quote:
Big Red hasn't dominated D3 in the past?
Who said anything about dominating? Your post I quoted made it sound everyone in III should tremble in fear.
Old 07-15-19, 09:16 AM
Freshman

Beezer70 is on a distinguished road
Love that everyone doesnt give Wapakoneta a chance. Each year they bite and scratch a little further in the playoffs plus beating Trotwood. The Trotwood game was huge for us coming into our stadium and the visitor side filled with various groups from the WBL and the cowbell mafia and coming back and winning huge for us. Laugh all you want but Wapak has one of the best players in D3 in Evan Kaeck the hardest running back in the division plus one hell of a linebacker. Im not saying we are winning state but getting closer to being a elite team.
Old 07-15-19, 10:26 AM
All Region

Quote:
Who said anything about dominating? Your post I quoted made it sound everyone in III should tremble in fear.
Maybe you interpreted it that way because you are "trembling in fear". I simply stated that D3 teams are more concerned about their arrival in D3 than Big Red is.
Old 07-15-19, 11:01 AM
All District

tucson is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer70 View Post
Love that everyone doesnt give Wapakoneta a chance. Each year they bite and scratch a little further in the playoffs plus beating Trotwood. The Trotwood game was huge for us coming into our stadium and the visitor side filled with various groups from the WBL and the cowbell mafia and coming back and winning huge for us. Laugh all you want but Wapak has one of the best players in D3 in Evan Kaeck the hardest running back in the division plus one hell of a linebacker. Im not saying we are winning state but getting closer to being a elite team.
I'm a big WBL fan and commented a lot on WBL football/Wapak last year. Last year was huge for them. It was a big step forward. They deserve to be in the conversation for Region 12 favorites without a doubt. They're definitely elite within the WBL. I have a hard time seeing them as elite compared to other DIII powers. I'd say they're a great, but not elite, program at this point. Kaeck is a monster and teams are going to have a difficult time slowing him down. But what if they do? If a team can overpower Wapak in the trenches and shut down their ground game, it's game over. I'm a big Wapak/WBL fan, but I have doubts about their predictable offense come playoff season. I'd personally like to see more offensive output and consistency from their passing game. They may be able to bowl over smaller teams like Bath and O-G during the regular season, but I'm not so sure it prepares them the best for playoffs. I might be wrong on that and it's just my bias for the type of football I like to watch.
Old 07-15-19, 12:39 PM
All World

Quote:
Maybe you interpreted it that way because you are "trembling in fear". I simply stated that D3 teams are more concerned about their arrival in D3 than Big Red is.
I interpreted as arrogance because where do you see they are more concerned?
Old 07-15-19, 01:14 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Which is just as dumb, TBH.
Old 07-15-19, 01:29 PM
All District

HighSchoolFB45 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tucson View Post
I'm a big WBL fan and commented a lot on WBL football/Wapak last year. Last year was huge for them. It was a big step forward. They deserve to be in the conversation for Region 12 favorites without a doubt. They're definitely elite within the WBL. I have a hard time seeing them as elite compared to other DIII powers. I'd say they're a great, but not elite, program at this point. Kaeck is a monster and teams are going to have a difficult time slowing him down. But what if they do? If a team can overpower Wapak in the trenches and shut down their ground game, it's game over. I'm a big Wapak/WBL fan, but I have doubts about their predictable offense come playoff season. I'd personally like to see more offensive output and consistency from their passing game. They may be able to bowl over smaller teams like Bath and O-G during the regular season, but I'm not so sure it prepares them the best for playoffs. I might be wrong on that and it's just my bias for the type of football I like to watch.
Wapak has looked impressive at their 7 on 7s. I know not much weight should be put into that, but their qb now seems better than the one last year. This one seems to understand touch on the football and is a better athlete. The receivers also look like they understand feel and are better catchers in general. If they can keep up the good passing into the scrimmages I doubt they will be a one dimensional team. However, Wapak is run first and that is what they should always be. They won't win a title out passing anybody.
Old 07-15-19, 01:38 PM
All Region

toledomansfield is on a distinguished road
I am not calling on them to win but I think Mansfield is a dark horse in region 10 that can do some damage.
Old 07-15-19, 02:21 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
Which is just as dumb, TBH.

Lol please elaborate...
Old 07-15-19, 02:22 PM
All Region

Quote:
I interpreted as arrogance because where do you see they are more concerned?
Roughly how many teams are better than Big Red in D3?
Old 07-15-19, 02:23 PM
All District

tucson is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighSchoolFB45 View Post
Wapak has looked impressive at their 7 on 7s. I know not much weight should be put into that, but their qb now seems better than the one last year. This one seems to understand touch on the football and is a better athlete. The receivers also look like they understand feel and are better catchers in general. If they can keep up the good passing into the scrimmages I doubt they will be a one dimensional team. However, Wapak is run first and that is what they should always be. They won't win a title out passing anybody.
That's encouraging to hear. I'm certainly not endorsing a Kenton-style pass-only and go for 2 every time sort of play, but I think a little more balance would make them a more formidable foe. I'm looking forward to seeing if they can sustain their playoff success.
Old 07-15-19, 03:33 PM
All World

The Final Say is on a distinguished road
Trotwood

is deep at running back. Really deep. And it is going to set up to be a 4 year nightmare for opponents. They have 2 lights out freshman backs. One is 6-1 193 pounds, the other about 5-8 170. Varsity ready players along with Hughley who is just a playmaker. Their defensive front 7 will be one of the bigger and younger ones than they have had in recent years. And the Secondary has a 4 star and a 3 star recruit. Trotwood also has a very good Quarterback this year. I think the team will surprise a lot of people especially in the early going. And I would be wrong not to mention the work they did in our community in the wake of the EF4 Tornado that devastated our area. We are proud of them on and off the field. Excited about 2019
Old 07-15-19, 03:35 PM
All District

HighSchoolFB45 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Roughly how many teams are better than Big Red in D3?
Weve already discussed this, but if youd like to hear again you could argue its Kenston, Canfield, SVSM, Norwalk, Wapak, Glenville, Bishop Hartley, Alter, Trotwood, and St. Marys.
Old 07-15-19, 03:38 PM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer70 View Post
No one is sleeping on Wapak. They'll have a punchers chance with anyone in the region.
Old 07-15-19, 04:11 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Lol please elaborate...
It's really dumb.
Old 07-15-19, 05:07 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
It's really dumb.
Poor fella...
Old 07-15-19, 05:09 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighSchoolFB45 View Post
Weve already discussed this, but if youd like to hear again you could argue its Kenston, Canfield, SVSM, Norwalk, Wapak, Glenville, Bishop Hartley, Alter, Trotwood, and St. Marys.
So out of roughly 100 teams you can argue that 10 of them are better than Big Red. That means that Big Red is roughly better than 90% of D3. So how is it a stretch to say that teams in D3 are more concerned about Big Red than Big Red is concerned about them?