Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-08-19, 05:44 PM
All World

brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LHS WRESTLING View Post
Does he want to graduate early as well and attend OSU in the Spring? (Johnson situation).
Very rare for a college to have a specialty player (kicker) early enroll. But most aren't given a full scholarship either so who knows. Most kickers from HS come on as preferred walk-on and then either earn a scholarship or end up leaving the program.

That being said I'm not very sure of OSUs kicking situation for next year so they may be trying to get someone in to compete during spring practice.
Old 07-09-19, 02:05 PM
Lancers lead the way!

Lancermania is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwr112 View Post
Very rare for a college to have a specialty player (kicker) early enroll. But most aren't given a full scholarship either so who knows. Most kickers from HS come on as preferred walk-on and then either earn a scholarship or end up leaving the program.

That being said I'm not very sure of OSUs kicking situation for next year so they may be trying to get someone in to compete during spring practice.
"His commitment gives Ohio State its kicker for the 2020 class, and he is expected to grayshirt, which means he will pay his semester through his first semester before getting on scholarship. The Buckeyes have just one kicker currently on scholarship – junior Blake Haubeil."

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-...-to-ohio-state
Old 07-11-19, 09:17 AM
All Yappi

MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22222 View Post
Rumor has the kicker from Lasalle was seen on Chester Rd today , isnt he a OHIO ST guy as well
Old 07-11-19, 12:09 PM
All Ohio

voice_of_reason is on a distinguished road
With the level of Div 1 talent, I'm not sure how so many people think they will have a mediocre season. I saw them before the forfeits and they looked good. Then the injuries and the loss of those games seemed to take a lot of wind out of their sails.

That running back has great size. On a short yardage play, what about putting in a beef package, that has Henry at the fullback, and you run to the Johnson kid side. Who is stopping that?

I'll check back later to hear what people think?
What will Princeton's record be after the first three games?
Milford, Withrow, & Sycamore, do they have a shot against Colerain

What team is the Viking biggest rival these days?
Old 07-11-19, 09:37 PM
All American

oxat622
Quote:
Originally Posted by voice_of_reason View Post
With the level of Div 1 talent, I'm not sure how so many people think they will have a mediocre season. I saw them before the forfeits and they looked good. Then the injuries and the loss of those games seemed to take a lot of wind out of their sails.

That running back has great size. On a short yardage play, what about putting in a beef package, that has Henry at the fullback, and you run to the Johnson kid side. Who is stopping that?

Princeton fans don't give a you know what about anyone in the GMC on a regular basis, but put Winton Woods on the schedule and the stands will be packed.

Need to be more disciplined. Too many games last year 100+ penalty yards. Do that and get decent quarterback play, couple breaks go their way and maybe they do win the region.
Old 07-12-19, 08:04 AM
All American

OUcats82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxat622 View Post
Princeton fans don't give a you know what about anyone in the GMC on a regular basis, but put Winton Woods on the schedule and the stands will be packed.

Need to be more disciplined. Too many games last year 100+ penalty yards. Do that and get decent quarterback play, couple breaks go their way and maybe they do win the region.
There's that cliche or quote that you see painted on weight room walls, printed on t-shirts etc. that says hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

That's a very apt concept for the upcoming season on Chester Road IMHO. On paper they have oodles of talent-arguably more than any team in the region based on D1 prospects. The key is going to get all of that top-tier talent to play at a top-tier level all season. It's going to be maximizing the other players around them that may or may not play ball beyond high school. It's going to need to coaching staff being on a united mission all season.

I think they will take care of business against Milford and Withrow and will build a full head of steam as I see them both being lopsided victories.

Week three will be interesting, having Colerain at home. There have been some hyped up games between these two over the years, with Colerain having come out on top each time-they've only lost to the Vikings once since joining the GMC and it was in 97-year one.

The Cards will be broken in by then under the new head coach-but could be anywhere from 2-0 and 0-2. For Princeton I think they are best to get the Cards at least 1-1 as it's been a very, very long time since Colerain has started a year 0-3 (likely when HW Bush was in office, if not Reagan).
Old 07-12-19, 10:55 AM
Varsity

22222 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by voice_of_reason View Post

Daniels relied on his nephew as qb to much the past 2 years , the kid that started against fairfield last year had a great arm and was mobile , they should of stuck with him after the A.D screw up and they might of been .500 at the end of the year.
Old 07-12-19, 11:02 AM
Varsity

If i was Daniels i would run a pro style attack behind that big OL they got , as Mancuso use to said we are going to run left until they stop us then we are going to run left again because the first time was a fluke
Old 07-12-19, 11:51 AM
All Ohio

Vike16 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUcats82 View Post
There's that cliche or quote that you see painted on weight room walls, printed on t-shirts etc. that says hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

That's a very apt concept for the upcoming season on Chester Road IMHO. On paper they have oodles of talent-arguably more than any team in the region based on D1 prospects. The key is going to get all of that top-tier talent to play at a top-tier level all season. It's going to be maximizing the other players around them that may or may not play ball beyond high school. It's going to need to coaching staff being on a united mission all season.

I think they will take care of business against Milford and Withrow and will build a full head of steam as I see them both being lopsided victories.

Week three will be interesting, having Colerain at home. There have been some hyped up games between these two over the years, with Colerain having come out on top each time-they've only lost to the Vikings once since joining the GMC and it was in 97-year one.

The Cards will be broken in by then under the new head coach-but could be anywhere from 2-0 and 0-2. For Princeton I think they are best to get the Cards at least 1-1 as it's been a very, very long time since Colerain has started a year 0-3 (likely when HW Bush was in office, if not Reagan).

They play Colerain in week 4
Old 07-12-19, 12:58 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vike16 View Post
They play Colerain in week 4
Ah my bad!
Old 07-12-19, 01:29 PM
All Yappi

MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
it's been a very, very long time since Colerain has started a year 0-3 (likely when HW Bush was in office, if not Reagan).
Colerain was 0-3 in 2014.
Old 07-12-19, 01:56 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMantle View Post
Colerain was 0-3 in 2014.
Man I am striking out bad today! Giving me some hitting lessons, Mickey!
Old 07-12-19, 02:24 PM
All American

oxat622
Quote:
Daniels relied on his nephew as qb to much the past 2 years , the kid that started against fairfield last year had a great arm and was mobile , they should of stuck with him after the A.D screw up and they might of been .500 at the end of the year.
Agreed. Every time I've seen Durham play, he's looked like an actual quarterback as opposed to what Princeton often does which is sticking one of their best athletes at QB and hoping for the best. Can't remember the last time a Princeton QB got a D1 offer to play QB.
Old 07-12-19, 02:38 PM
All American

Quote:
Agreed. Every time I've seen Durham play, he's looked like an actual quarterback as opposed to what Princeton often does which is sticking one of their best athletes at QB and hoping for the best. Can't remember the last time a Princeton QB got a D1 offer to play QB.
I think Vince Harrison ('98?) went to UK but that was for baseball maybe?
Old 07-12-19, 05:54 PM
Varsity

Quote:
I think Vince Harrison ('98?) went to UK but that was for baseball maybe?
he went for baseball. but another QB the year before him or after went there as well was switch to Db thou if memory serves me correctly
Old 07-12-19, 05:57 PM
Varsity

first 2 is easy aslong as Daniels dont get to far into his playbook , sycamore should be a win but they play hard and the past few years they have been more physical then we have which is sad because at a point in time we was physical
Old 07-12-19, 07:56 PM
All Ohio

PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
he went for baseball. but another QB the year before him or after went there as well was switch to Db thou if memory serves me correctly
Jarrell Williams?
Old 07-12-19, 09:00 PM
All American

oxat622
Don't know if anyone offered Jarrell to play quarterback. He went to Kentucky to play DB and that was 2004.
Old 07-13-19, 06:40 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDragon View Post
Jarrell Williams?
correct
Old 07-15-19, 09:38 AM
All Ohio

Vike16 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Solomon Reed in 2016 threw 62% 1,856 yds 21TD's 6 int's and I think he went to a small D1 for baseball