Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-04-19, 01:45 PM
All Yappi

BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
Yeah that game caused a lot of arguments and bickering between friends, families and colleagues. Even in real life there was a lot of bickering and arguments.

I remember my aunt having her DSJ sign in her yard vandalized Jefferson talked a BIG talk for a week and got throttled.

I also had no idea that it was so full that they turned people away.
Old 07-11-19, 10:48 PM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Drove by the practice fields on the way to work this morning and saw kids in helmets and practice jerseys. The season is right around the corner! Coldwater I believe has that Dayton 7 on 7 tournament this weekend.
Old 07-12-19, 06:42 AM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
Drove by the practice fields on the way to work this morning and saw kids in helmets and practice jerseys. The season is right around the corner! Coldwater I believe has that Dayton 7 on 7 tournament this weekend.
getting one of their 10 camp days.....

the acme tournament starts tonight, going to be tough to be in the 7 on 7 in Dayton
Old 07-12-19, 11:55 AM
All District

Basement Bias is an unknown quantity at this point
7 weeks away for Ohio season & week 1 of college football. 6 weeks away for Indiana season & week O for college football. 5 weeks away until the big Wiffleball tournament in Wren. Exciting times await.
Old 07-12-19, 12:09 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
getting one of their 10 camp days.....

the acme tournament starts tonight, going to be tough to be in the 7 on 7 in Dayton

CW has conducted 7 on 7s with their 3rd string QBs before due to ACME tournament games!

Will never forget at an ACME tournament game that got banged do to rain early in the game. The baseball team was still in the dugout talking how they had a 7 on 7 the next night and that was when the game was to be replayed.

I was outside the dugout and our most prominent FB player we ever had asked me 'What are they still doing in there' and I told them they were discussing the 7/7 and acme game. He bluntly said 'its only a 7 on 7' and asked if I wanted him to go say something to the guys.

With that said, FB is right around the corner but still far enough away. Personally baseball season still has a few weeks. I guess gone are the days of playing baseball up to the day football starts.

Last edited by thavoice; 07-12-19 at 01:49 PM.
Old 07-12-19, 12:12 PM
All Ohio

Rangerfan is on a distinguished road
Funny. I would have said, "It's only an ACME game".
Old 07-12-19, 12:18 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan View Post
Funny. I would have said, "It's only an ACME game".

I have heard people state "it's only acme' before and generally those comments came from programs that had garbage spring baseball programs.

It was a tournament game, district final and advancing meant to the state acme tourney.

As coaches, we wouldn't have a regular season game on a 7/7 night as we worked with the football coaches. We maybe would hold some BP for non football players but generally we would just have a night off to enjoy the summer.

Football and baseball can coexist AND EXCEL if the coaches work together.
Old 07-12-19, 04:23 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Bias View Post
7 weeks away for Ohio season & week 1 of college football. 6 weeks away for Indiana season & week O for college football. 5 weeks away until the big Wiffleball tournament in Wren. Exciting times await.
wosn broadcasting the wiffleball tournament again?
Old 07-12-19, 04:27 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
I have heard people state "it's only acme' before and generally those comments came from programs that had garbage spring baseball programs.

It was a tournament game, district final and advancing meant to the state acme tourney.

As coaches, we wouldn't have a regular season game on a 7/7 night as we worked with the football coaches. We maybe would hold some BP for non football players but generally we would just have a night off to enjoy the summer.

Football and baseball can coexist AND EXCEL if the coaches work together.
FYI....Minster now sets their camp days around the Acme tournament...now if Coldwater would just try to end the tournament on a Sunday, instead of getting that extra GATE money and playing on Monday....
Old 07-12-19, 09:28 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
FYI....Minster now sets their camp days around the Acme tournament...now if Coldwater would just try to end the tournament on a Sunday, instead of getting that extra GATE money and playing on Monday....
Yeah yeah yeah, I know! Not sure when it all changed but I know when I was involved with it we always wanted/tried to get it done that day early was well for pitching reasons AND to have a day off to enjoy summer@
Old 07-12-19, 09:33 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
Yeah yeah yeah, I know! Not sure when it all changed but I know when I was involved with it we always wanted/tried to get it done that day early was well for pitching reasons AND to have a day off to enjoy summer@
well..the Cats got beat tonight against the FORT.....so not sure what that does to their next game...heck maybe they will be scheduled for Tuesday now
Old 07-12-19, 09:54 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
well..the Cats got beat tonight against the FORT.....so not sure what that does to their next game...heck maybe they will be scheduled for Tuesday now
In districts you gotta get the SHelby County team. Those kids, coaches have country concert on their minds and barely put up a fight most times, and some times even forfeit.

Recall facing them a number of times with kids having the bracelets on!
Old 07-13-19, 12:49 PM
All District

Basement Bias is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
wosn broadcasting the wiffleball tournament again?
Not sure, but that would be nice.
Old 07-15-19, 07:49 PM
All World

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Don't know if this has been mentioned, but since Marion Local and New Bremen do not play each other in the reg. season they will scrimmage one another.