Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #91  
Old 04-04-19, 03:30 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 6,807
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTrev View Post
I realize this. But IF Salem leaves and the EBC is in danger of folding... do you think they'd just let it die then? Might they try to find someone to replace Salem... who would be a welcome addition? Where could/would everyone go?

What about Howland? Too far? Howland wouldn't be a bad fit competitively... 5 years ago, yeah they wouldn't fit. Today, they'd finish near the bottom of the conference.



Again though, it's all contingent on Salem leaving the EBC. Every now and then, a rumor will pop up on here that Salem and West Branch are looking to leave the EBC... I personally don't buy it. But something to think about.


Not sure Canfield would want to do that either. They would walk through the league every year.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 04-04-19, 08:06 PM
Red-Lep Red-Lep is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 03-21-19
Posts: 16
Red-Lep is on a distinguished road
A good fit for the EBC would be to make a split football conference with BIG 5 - Louisville, Canfield, Howland, Alliance, marlington and a Smaller school 5 with Salem, WB, South, Minerva and Carrolton. All other sports play as one league. All 10 schools have a lot to offer for competitive competition in wrestling, XC, baseball and basketball that would make it one of the more entertaining leagues in the area.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 04-04-19, 09:02 PM
Struthersfan Struthersfan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-20-11
Location: San Jacinto, California
Posts: 3,243
Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Actually a great idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Lep View Post
A good fit for the EBC would be to make a split football conference with BIG 5 - Louisville, Canfield, Howland, Alliance, marlington and a Smaller school 5 with Salem, WB, South, Minerva and Carrolton. All other sports play as one league. All 10 schools have a lot to offer for competitive competition in wrestling, XC, baseball and basketball that would make it one of the more entertaining leagues in the area.
That's actually a very good idea.
Howland/Canfield would probably jump at it. (Louisville already plays both in football.... perhaps even boys basketball)
Canfield has scheduled Alliance for a good number of years lately.

The trouble is: You're talking 2 tiers, and from past experience those tend to crash and burn because of the cross-overs.

Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 04-06-19, 06:33 AM
Red-Lep Red-Lep is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 03-21-19
Posts: 16
Red-Lep is on a distinguished road
The benefit of starting a league as a 2 tiered league in football only would be 1. To take out the unfair advantage bigger schools have in a sport like football and there is no reason to consider scheduling the bigger schools for football. 2. All the teams will compete as one conference in all other sports their schools offer. Remember not all 10 schools field all the same sports. I believe there are only 6 schools currently offer wrestling and only 5 offer lacrosse. This conference would have a big gate events for track and XC events
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 04-06-19, 08:10 AM
BGFalcons86 BGFalcons86 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 02-26-02
Location: Hilliard, OH 43026
Posts: 3,451
BGFalcons86 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Lep View Post
The benefit of starting a league as a 2 tiered league in football only would be 1. To take out the unfair advantage bigger schools have in a sport like football and there is no reason to consider scheduling the bigger schools for football. 2. All the teams will compete as one conference in all other sports their schools offer. Remember not all 10 schools field all the same sports. I believe there are only 6 schools currently offer wrestling and only 5 offer lacrosse. This conference would have a big gate events for track and XC events
My guess is that Marlington and Alliance wouldn't want any part of league that includes both Canfield and Louisville.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 04-06-19, 09:45 PM
Buckeye Elite Buckeye Elite is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-10-14
Location: Struthers ohio
Posts: 2,822
Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
Truth ^^
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 04-25-19, 07:06 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 6,807
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
I believe Struthers was the only school in the conference without turf, now they are getting turf. That’s nice.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 07-11-19, 06:50 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 6,807
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Some interesting early season matchups in the ne8. Especially non conference.
Lakeview is playing kirtland. Interesting. Struthers v new phillly
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 07-11-19, 08:14 PM
Struthersfan Struthersfan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-20-11
Location: San Jacinto, California
Posts: 3,243
Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Some interesting early season matchups in the ne8. Especially non conference.
Lakeview is playing kirtland. Interesting. Struthers v new phillly
Those are real good matchups. I’ll be home for the Quakers and WB.

Should be an interesting first year in the NE8.
Looking forward to it.
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 07-11-19, 10:02 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 6,807
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Right. Hubbard at alliance. Poland at Marlington
Southrange playing Springfield. All big games


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old 07-11-19, 10:28 PM
Buckeye Elite Buckeye Elite is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-10-14
Location: Struthers ohio
Posts: 2,822
Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
Hubbard alliance is Huge early on, Poland’s will beat marlington like 10-7 as usual and continue their dominance over marlington.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 07-12-19, 12:50 AM
BTrev BTrev is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-02-14
Location: Struthers, Ohio
Posts: 1,329
BTrev is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Right. Hubbard at alliance. Poland at Marlington
Southrange playing Springfield. All big games


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kirtland should roll Lakeview.
I think Alliance might be the favorite against Hubbard.
I also wouldn't be surprised if Marlington beat Poland.
South Range should beat Springfield comfortably.
Niles also plays Alliance in week 2 and East in week 3. Girard plays West Branch in week 2.

In week 4, the NE8 kicks off with Struthers/Hubbard and South Range/Poland... probably the top 4 teams in the NE8. Also in week 4, Niles will beat Jefferson like a drum... and Girard/Lakeview is kind of interesting, even though I think Girard will win easily.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 07-12-19, 01:13 AM
Jaws31 Jaws31 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-25-16
Posts: 688
Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTrev View Post
Kirtland should roll Lakeview.
I think Alliance might be the favorite against Hubbard.
I also wouldn't be surprised if Marlington beat Poland.
South Range should beat Springfield comfortably.
Niles also plays Alliance in week 2 and East in week 3. Girard plays West Branch in week 2.

In week 4, the NE8 kicks off with Struthers/Hubbard and South Range/Poland... probably the top 4 teams in the NE8. Also in week 4, Niles will beat Jefferson like a drum... and Girard/Lakeview is kind of interesting, even though I think Girard will win easily.
Kirtland will stomp Lakeview.
Alliance and Hubbard is going to be an interesting matchup this year. Im not convinced on how good the Eagles are going to be.
I agree that SR will beat Springfield but not sure how easily though.
Niles is going to be much improved over last season but very well could start off 0-3 depending on the Howland game. They'll at least be 1-2.
Girard will be 1-2 to start also and it will go downhill from there.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 07-12-19, 01:24 AM
Buckeye Elite Buckeye Elite is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-10-14
Location: Struthers ohio
Posts: 2,822
Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
I think Niles will beat Howland again, Niles needs to sure up the defense and not hurt themselves so much and they can be alright
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 07-12-19, 01:31 AM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 6,807
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
I haven’t heard about any Hubbard transfers yet. They might have to win with Hubbard kids this season.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 07-12-19, 01:51 AM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 6,807
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Niles this season



to Aug. 29- Howland- win
Sept. 6 – at Alliance-loss
Sept. 13 – East-loss
Sept. 20 – at Jefferson-win
Sept. 27 –Poland-L
Oct. 4 – South Range-L
Oct. 11 – at Struthers-L
Oct. 18 – Hubbard-L
Oct. 25 – at Lakeview-w
Nov. 1 – Girard-W


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 07-12-19, 02:37 AM
Jaws31 Jaws31 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-25-16
Posts: 688
Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Niles this season



to Aug. 29- Howland- win
Sept. 6 – at Alliance-loss
Sept. 13 – East-loss
Sept. 20 – at Jefferson-win
Sept. 27 –Poland-L
Oct. 4 – South Range-L
Oct. 11 – at Struthers-L
Oct. 18 – Hubbard-L
Oct. 25 – at Lakeview-w
Nov. 1 – Girard-W


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That looks about right
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 07-12-19, 02:42 AM
Jaws31 Jaws31 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-25-16
Posts: 688
Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
I haven’t heard about any Hubbard transfers yet. They might have to win with Hubbard kids this season.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think that well is about dry. Unless they get some frim across the border, pickings are going to be slim with East and Chaney and Reardon is putting on the full court press everywhere. Hubbard will have to do with Hibbard kids. Same with Girard, their window of opportunity has slammed shut. They have a couple playmakers this season then it is going to be bad for a while, really bad.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 07-12-19, 02:46 AM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 6,807
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws31 View Post
I think that well is about dry. Unless they get some frim across the border, pickings are going to be slim with East and Chaney and Reardon is putting on the full court press everywhere. Hubbard will have to do with Hibbard kids. Same with Girard, their window of opportunity has slammed shut. They have a couple playmakers this season then it is going to be bad for a while, really bad.

I can’t say I’m upset about it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 07-12-19, 05:53 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 6,807
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Just read Hubbard lost both donlow and Harris from their roster. For some reason I thought it was donlow and someone else. What do the eagles even return at this point?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 07-12-19, 07:54 PM
Raider#23 Raider#23 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-07-02
Location: The LAST ICL Champions!!!
Posts: 2,803
Raider#23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTrev View Post
South Range should beat Springfield comfortably.
Don't forget that Springfield beat South Range last year. I would NEVER say South Range beats Springfield comfortably. I hope your right though.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 07-12-19, 08:41 PM
NEohioFB NEohioFB is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-16-18
Posts: 119
NEohioFB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
I haven’t heard about any Hubbard transfers yet. They might have to win with Hubbard kids this season.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Not partial anyway here. Just a good ole HS football fan. But I’m not sure why you always bring up Hubbard transfers and stuff. Girard has played with kids not from Girard. Waid was Cortland. Another was from Howland. Struthers has played with kids not originally from Struthers. Big Willy to name one. All schools do it. But your hate for Hubbard is real. It’s fine to dislike a school, but to talk about transfers or things of those manners are a mute point.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 07-13-19, 12:18 AM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 6,807
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEohioFB View Post
Not partial anyway here. Just a good ole HS football fan. But I’m not sure why you always bring up Hubbard transfers and stuff. Girard has played with kids not from Girard. Waid was Cortland. Another was from Howland. Struthers has played with kids not originally from Struthers. Big Willy to name one. All schools do it. But your hate for Hubbard is real. It’s fine to dislike a school, but to talk about transfers or things of those manners are a mute point.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Couple things here.
“Big willy “ moved to town. Wasn’t recruited.
Waid moves to Girard, something happened with his sister I believe in Lakeview.

But traditionally Hubbard always has a few transfers from out of town that lead the team. And by traditionally I mean since they got good around the year 2000 or so. And if you argue you’re wrong it’s just facts. Also every year they post about getting kids in but this year it’s quiet. I don’t dislike Hubbard. Just don’t like the way they go about things sometimes.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 07-13-19, 10:24 AM
NEohioFB NEohioFB is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-16-18
Posts: 119
NEohioFB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Couple things here.
“Big willy “ moved to town. Wasn’t recruited.
Waid moves to Girard, something happened with his sister I believe in Lakeview.

But traditionally Hubbard always has a few transfers from out of town that lead the team. And by traditionally I mean since they got good around the year 2000 or so. And if you argue you’re wrong it’s just facts. Also every year they post about getting kids in but this year it’s quiet. I don’t dislike Hubbard. Just don’t like the way they go about things sometimes.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I hear what you’re saying. Yeah, a few of those guys on here do make it easy to hate them. BUT, respectfully arguing here, they’ve always said that their people moved in too, like Big Willy.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 07-13-19, 10:57 AM
Jaws31 Jaws31 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-25-16
Posts: 688
Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEohioFB View Post
I hear what you’re saying. Yeah, a few of those guys on here do make it easy to hate them. BUT, respectfully arguing here, they’ve always said that their people moved in too, like Big Willy.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Waid never moved anywhere but was an open enrolled student. He still lives in Cortland.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 07-13-19, 11:33 AM
Buckeye Elite Buckeye Elite is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-10-14
Location: Struthers ohio
Posts: 2,822
Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEohioFB View Post
I hear what you’re saying. Yeah, a few of those guys on here do make it easy to hate them. BUT, respectfully arguing here, they’ve always said that their people moved in too, like Big Willy.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Moving people into an apartment complex or living above eagle wear isn’t exactly moving in there’s a big difference to it
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 07-13-19, 03:25 PM
Red-Lep Red-Lep is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 03-21-19
Posts: 16
Red-Lep is on a distinguished road
Don't be surprised Niles starts the season 4-0 this year and a surprise big win over Poland at home springboards them to a 9-1 or 8-2 playoff season. By the way, Alliance can only beat the small EBC schools.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 07-13-19, 03:35 PM
kingpin2010 kingpin2010 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-27-10
Location: McDonald, OH
Posts: 4,867
kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Lep View Post
Don't be surprised Niles starts the season 4-0 this year and a surprise big win over Poland at home springboards them to a 9-1 or 8-2 playoff season. By the way, Alliance can only beat the small EBC schools.
I am pretty certain that I wouldn’t be alone in being extremely surprised if Niles did that.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 07-13-19, 03:52 PM
Jaws31 Jaws31 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-25-16
Posts: 688
Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Lep View Post
Don't be surprised Niles starts the season 4-0 this year and a surprise big win over Poland at home springboards them to a 9-1 or 8-2 playoff season. By the way, Alliance can only beat the small EBC schools.
I like your enthusiasm but they have no shot at starting 4-0. Theres no way they beat East, they just dont have the horses to do it yet. 6-4 would be a great year for them. 7-3 if the stars align perfectly.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 07-13-19, 04:43 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 6,807
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Lep View Post
Don't be surprised Niles starts the season 4-0 this year and a surprise big win over Poland at home springboards them to a 9-1 or 8-2 playoff season. By the way, Alliance can only beat the small EBC schools.


What drugs are you on


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Midwest Athletic Conference 2019 StateChampion2012 Football 433 07-15-19 07:49 PM
2019 Eastern Buckeye Conference Sportsfan2018 Baseball 199 07-01-19 06:44 AM
2019 Western Reserve Conference BlackandGold Football 14 03-21-19 12:39 PM
NE8 conference year 1 Buckeye Elite Boys Basketball 4 11-22-18 05:43 AM
Heath D-3 District Rankings (Pre Sectionals) McClearn7 Wrestling 0 02-22-18 12:22 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz