Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-09-18, 03:42 PM
All World

StarstoShine is on a distinguished road
Copley vs Hoban

Can the Indians scalp the Knights in this District Final matchup?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-18, 03:43 PM
All World

StarstoShine is on a distinguished road
Winner faces Jackson vs Mckinly Winner
Old 03-09-18, 03:47 PM
Freshman

BenSlick2001 is on a distinguished road
Should be a good game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-09-18, 03:53 PM
All American

Irish60 will become famous soon enough
Still can't figure out what happened to Stow. They looked like a juggernaut for the first half of the year, but then the wheels seemed to come off a bit. Even though they held on to still be the #1 seed, they weren't playing at anywhere near the level they were earlier.
Old 03-09-18, 03:59 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Copley has definitely been a Jekyll and Hyde team this season. It's amazing they could lose to Stow by nearly 40 points and come back a couple weeks later and knock them off. This game is anyone's guess. Nothing will surprise me.
Old 03-09-18, 04:39 PM
All American

FootsWalker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish60 View Post
Still can't figure out what happened to Stow. They looked like a juggernaut for the first half of the year, but then the wheels seemed to come off a bit. Even though they held on to still be the #1 seed, they weren't playing at anywhere near the level they were earlier.
It's actually even more puzzling than that; as you stated they started off on fire, then went into a little lull where they lost all 3 of their regular season games, ending in getting waxed by Solon. After that they went on a jag again, winning their remaining games by an average of 35-40 points (including Brecksville & Copley) to finish the season strong. Maybe the sitting around for 10 days waiting to play Wadsworth took something outta them, as they kinda struggled to find their mojo to even pull that one out. Against Copley, they just ran into a scrappy, motivated, prepared team that they probably just didn't believe they could actually lose to. Even when the game was tight in the 4th qtr, I'm not so sure that they really thought they were gonna lose the game. Copley hit a little 2 minute spurt and they suddenly looked like they had their pockets picked. No doubt that team had the talent and the coach to win 3 more games in this tourney. Very strange end to the season. As for the game at hand, I would see Hoban to be maybe a 4-5 point favorite, but it should be a fairly close game.
Old 03-09-18, 08:23 PM
All American

Looking at common opponents and good wins, Hoban and Copley seem to be fairly close, for what its worth. Both of them won fairly close games with a good Green squad, both split 2 games with a quality Walsh team, both beat Highland fairly convincingly (although Copley's 2nd game with the Hornets was much closer than the 1st). Hoban with good wins over St V, Benedictine, Lake Catholic, Copley with good wins over Stow, McKinley, Wooster (last 2 on the road). Both teams had their handfull of not-so-great showings this year as well. Foul trouble and depth (and making free throws) will probably decide this one. Good luck to both the Knights and the Indians. Should be fun.
Old 03-10-18, 07:16 PM
All American

Copley 25 Hoban 11 after 1.
Old 03-10-18, 07:29 PM
All American

Copley 34 Hoban 30 @ halftime.

Last edited by FootsWalker; 03-10-18 at 09:25 PM.
Old 03-10-18, 07:58 PM
All American

Copley 43 Hoban 39 after 3.
Old 03-10-18, 08:27 PM
All American

Copley 67 Hoban 60 Final.

Last edited by FootsWalker; 03-10-18 at 09:19 PM.
Old 03-10-18, 09:05 PM
All Region

hoban2020 is on a distinguished road
Copley vs Hoban

Copley got up early 8-0 and Hoban spent the next 30 minutes scrambling to catch up - but never could. Kudos to Copley for holding them off.

Great job by Copley, and especially Roberts, for hitting so many FTís in the 4th quarter. Good luck at regionals.

Old 03-10-18, 11:39 PM
All World

SeeYaSometime is on a distinguished road
Congratulations Copley, great win!
Old 03-11-18, 07:30 AM
All Ohio

Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
Congrats to Copley. Played a great game and made the Shots. Especially FT. I think the advantage was 21/24 made for Copley, 3/4 for Hoban. Fouls were somewhere at 20-6 advantage Copley for the game. Difference was the Technical against Hoban player in the 4th. Game was 1 point and Hoban has momentum. Hoban player retaliates and loses his cool with a push in front of the official. 2 FT and a made basket, 4 point swing taking it back to 5 and Hoban never recovered. Dumb play and cost Hoban dearly. Credit to Copley. Good luck in the regionals.
Old 03-11-18, 09:22 AM
All American

Good to see Cougar's passive-aggressive nature is still in tact! Congratulations Copley! Knocking off both the #1 and #2 seed is quite an accomplishment. Good luck moving forward.
Old 03-11-18, 09:55 AM
All District

Football Fan 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Good to see Cougar's passive-aggressive nature is still in tact! Congratulations Copley! Knocking off both the #1 and #2 seed is quite an accomplishment. Good luck moving forward.
LOL.....it's always the other team that starts something with Cougar and Hoban. Football....basketball....student sections. Must be nice to root for a team and school that never starts or instigates anything on the field or in the stands.
Old 03-11-18, 11:02 AM
All Region

Bobby77 is on a distinguished road
I didn’t read Cougar’s post that way. Arent those just stats? He said they played well, beat Hoban at the line and Hoban had a chance and let it slip away by making a bad decision on the court. Funny how you can interpret things based on what side you are on.
Old 03-11-18, 11:35 AM
All Ohio

I thought I was very complimentary of Copley? Made no excuses. We deserved the technical foul. Changed the momentum. Stat are stats. Wished them luck. Did I miss something?
Old 03-11-18, 11:36 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby77 View Post
I didnít read Cougarís post that way. Arent those just stats? He said they played well, beat Hoban at the line and Hoban had a chance and let it slip away by making a bad decision on the court. Funny how you can interpret things based on what side you are on.
Quick comparison of your comment on the game and Cougar's. You point to Copley's hot shooting versus Hoban's at the start of the game. Cougar stresses the foul differential. Both of you point to the technical foul as a pivotal point in the game. But Cougar adds the Hoban player was retaliating; meaning the Copley player started it. So, yes, Cougar was just quoting stats; but it is in his nature to quote only those stats, and to color them in a way, that support his predetermined conclusions. Hence, passive-aggressive. He's a dad and a fan and a Hoban apologist, so I can't really blame him. But his consistency to the cause certainly adds much needed comic relief to his posts.
Old 03-11-18, 11:44 AM
Varsity

RoughRiderSports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Quick comparison of your comment on the game and Cougar's. You point to Copley's hot shooting versus Hoban's at the start of the game. Cougar stresses the foul differential. Both of you point to the technical foul as a pivotal point in the game. But Cougar adds the Hoban player was retaliating; meaning the Copley player started it. So, yes, Cougar was just quoting stats; but it is in his nature to quote only those stats, and to color them in a way, that support his predetermined conclusions. Hence, passive-aggressive. He's a dad and a fan and a Hoban apologist, so I can't really blame him. But his consistency to the cause certainly adds much needed comic relief to his posts.
I was at the game and I don't know how Hoban had 20 wins. They looked average and like the moment was too big for them.
Old 03-11-18, 11:49 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
Congrats to Copley. Played a great game and made the Shots. Especially FT. I think the advantage was 21/24 made for Copley, 3/4 for Hoban. Fouls were somewhere at 20-6 advantage Copley for the game. Difference was the Technical against Hoban player in the 4th. Game was 1 point and Hoban has momentum. Hoban player retaliates and loses his cool with a push in front of the official. 2 FT and a made basket, 4 point swing taking it back to 5 and Hoban never recovered. Dumb play and cost Hoban dearly. Credit to Copley. Good luck in the regionals.
Well, certainly the tech didn't help hoban and made it much harder, but hard to say how much importance it had. Hoban had brought it within 1 a few times (with momentum), and Copley was always able to recover. Who's to say they wouldn't have done it again?

I would say the more important problem for hoban was letting copley get out to an 8-0 lead at the beginning. They looked lethargic. Just were digging themselves out after that.

And perhaps the foul differential was because Hoban committed more fouls.
Old 03-11-18, 12:00 PM
Freshman

Ottomatic is on a distinguished road
Quote:

FT differential a bit deceiving as 20 of the free throws came in the 4th quarter due to aggressive press defense by Hoban and intentional fouls. Letís not pretend the officials had anything to do with the outcome of this one. Congrats to Copley and Hoban on a hard fought, entertaining game. Good luck to Copley in the Regional.

Old 03-11-18, 12:01 PM
All Region

The statistics would indicate that Hoban committed more fouls. Thanks for the clarification Roughrider.
Old 03-11-18, 12:08 PM
All American

Thought the tech on Copley shortly before that was a momentum swing back to Hoban as well. Up 3 with the ball and a chance to use some clock turned into Knight ball plus 2 FT, although they ended up splitting the pair. Both techs seemed to swing the mo the other way briefly.
Old 03-11-18, 12:11 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby77 View Post
The statistics would indicate that Hoban committed more fouls. Thanks for the clarification Roughrider.
You are welcome Cougar, err, I mean Bobby.
Old 03-11-18, 12:13 PM
All District

Football Fan 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I thought I was very complimentary of Copley? Made no excuses. We deserved the technical foul. Changed the momentum. Stat are stats. Wished them luck. Did I miss something?
You did....the fact that Copley came ready to play and Hoban didnít. Copley came out and made 11 of their first 16 shots and Hoban made 5 of their first 18 shots. Fouls and free throws had nothing to do with that. Stats are stats.

Almost 90% of Copleyí free throws came in the 4th quarter when Hoban had to foul to try and catch up. Roberts was 13-14 from the line in the 4th quarter as Copley did a great job getting him the ball and Hoban had no choice but to foul him.

The fact you brought up the free throw disparity and the T was a result of something the Copley player did first were a poor attempt at making excuses for the loss.
Old 03-11-18, 12:55 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughRiderSports View Post
Finkel is Einhorn, Einhorn is Finkel.
Old 03-11-18, 01:08 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughRiderSports View Post
For the record, I am not Cougarís alter ego. What is up with your obsession with him? Why are you so scorned?
Old 03-11-18, 01:32 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan 1 View Post
You did....the fact that Copley came ready to play and Hoban didnít. Copley came out and made 11 of their first 16 shots and Hoban made 5 of their first 18 shots. Fouls and free throws had nothing to do with that. Stats are stats.

Almost 90% of Copleyí free throws came in the 4th quarter when Hoban had to foul to try and catch up. Roberts was 13-14 from the line in the 4th quarter as Copley did a great job getting him the ball and Hoban had no choice but to foul him.

The fact you brought up the free throw disparity and the T was a result of something the Copley player did first were a poor attempt at making excuses for the loss.
Boy you are reaching. The beginning of the game didnít have anything to do the second half. Hoban cut the lead to 4 at half. It was a 1 point game was it not in the 4th? Technical was a momentum swing of 4 points and the fouls in the second half were pretty 1 sidesd. 10-2 at the beginning of the 4th. No execuses for the loss, Copley was the clear winner and I never said otherwise. And the Copley player did push #5 under the basket and he retaliated. Which is usually what happens and he was justifiably given the T. Fouls and free throws were the difference in the game. +17 FT made in a 7 point game? Most in the 4th qtr. I would say that was huge.
Old 03-11-18, 05:39 PM
All American

Cougar just can't help himself. "Congratulations to Copley, but..." No excuses, but look at the +17 FT differential... Copley deserved to win, but the Copley player pushed first... This is Cougar' s passive-aggressive way of saying the refs cost Hoban the game... Lol!

Last edited by Irish60; 03-11-18 at 09:13 PM.