Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-07-18, 08:06 AM
All American

TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Tippecanoe 4th Straight Regional Final Appearance

#4 Tippecanoe will face Bellbrook in Friday with a bid to state on the line. After losing to Alter in the regional finals the last 3 years Tipp finally meets a new face. Tipp hasnít been to state since 1986 and this looks to be their best chance yet. They are lead by three great guards Maddy Frederick 15pg (Iowa State), Allison Mader 14pg (Cedarville) Cali Stewart 11pg (Edison State). All above 5í8 and hard to guard. This team is best on defense tho as they have allowed on average only 27pg this year
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-18, 10:42 AM
All Ohio

crudog is on a distinguished road
I look forward to seeing them if they make the Final Four. I LOVE defense!
Old 03-08-18, 01:44 PM
All District

fangwoc is on a distinguished road
Not sure I agree with the defense being great. They play NO ONE. They lost the two games they played anyone decent this year. I saw the semi final and looked like Tipps Freshman could have won that game and we are talking about a regional game. The North is horrendous in girls basketball. Much weaker than the CBC. Division 2 this year in southwest Ohio is not good at all. I think the team with Clodfelter, Prinz, Cox, wassen, etc... was much better than the current team but they ran into Alter every year when they were loaded. This team is good though I agree. No disrespect to the current team. Just goes to show timing is everything.
Old 03-08-18, 09:09 PM
Freshman

Titan70 is on a distinguished road
Be nice.
Old 03-09-18, 04:18 PM
All World

User13
Quote:
Originally Posted by fangwoc View Post
Not sure I agree with the defense being great. They play NO ONE. They lost the two games they played anyone decent this year.
I don't completely agree. While Tipp played many weak teams, they had quality wins over Fairmont (17-9 and district runner up), Trotwood (21-3 and league champ) , and Carroll (16-10, league champ, district runner up).
Old 03-09-18, 10:46 PM
All Region

iluvsnow is on a distinguished road
Final score from Springfield in the regional title game:

Tipp City 41
Bellbrook 47
Old 03-10-18, 09:24 AM
All American

How does a team lose in the Regional finals 3 years in a row and in the regionals 4 straight years. With the amount of division 1 talent this program has produced there is no excuse for losing 3 straight times in the regional finals. Holdermen is just not getting it done.
Old 03-10-18, 10:30 AM
All District

Outcoached?

Did you notice the rotation last night. He plays the whole team almost every game and last night he subs like twice the whole game. Meanwhile Bellbrook is subbing offense for defense in the 1st quarter to keep his players fresh Tipp ran out gas with about 3 min left because he has no plan. He just wings it. they do not prepare for big games because of how they act during the season. NOONE gets better throughout the season on those trams. This year the only girl to truly step up when it counted was from Arizona, not tipp.
Parents dont help either by complaining everytime their girl does not get her way. You could tell Bellbrook was a TEAM and Tipp is a team with agendas!! That's the difference and that's always been the difference. Tipp was much more talented this time than Bellbrok and should have won by 15 or so. When Tipp lost to Alter, they were just a better team, this team was not.
Old 03-11-18, 03:24 PM
All American

Quote:
Did you notice the rotation last night. He plays the whole team almost every game and last night he subs like twice the whole game. Meanwhile Bellbrook is subbing offense for defense in the 1st quarter to keep his players fresh Tipp ran out gas with about 3 min left because he has no plan. He just wings it. they do not prepare for big games because of how they act during the season. NOONE gets better throughout the season on those trams. This year the only girl to truly step up when it counted was from Arizona, not tipp.
Parents dont help either by complaining everytime their girl does not get her way. You could tell Bellbrook was a TEAM and Tipp is a team with agendas!! That's the difference and that's always been the difference. Tipp was much more talented this time than Bellbrok and should have won by 15 or so. When Tipp lost to Alter, they were just a better team, this team was not.
Definitely out coached. These girls know they have gotten to the regionals on talent alone, and they will tell you that. Itís just to bad they have a coach who doesnít make adjustments and has a soft philosophy. These girls donít want to play for this guy, and thatís a shame because they should have had at least 1 state appearance the past 4 years. On the bright side the freshman, sophomore and middle schools classes are all loaded and will continue the tradition of success. Hopefully itís with a new coach.
Old 03-12-18, 06:37 AM
All District

Parents

What do you think about my comment about the parents at Tipp? How they whine and complain every time their girl does not get her way and that's some of the issue as well. I think Holderman is a poor coach as well but the parents suck as well?
Old 03-12-18, 06:51 AM
All District

Parents

What do you think about my comment about the parents at Tipp? How they whine and complain every time their girl does not get her way and that's some of the issue as well. I think Holderman is a poor coach as well but the parents suck as well?
Old 03-12-18, 03:33 PM
All American

Quote:
No I think the parent problem is way overplayed. It was all mostly spurned by what happened with Staley and the boys program a few years ago. I donít have a girl on the team, but I know some parents and nobody is whining to the coaches about playing time. But I believe Holderman canít coach a lick. Otherwise Tipp would have had a final 4 appearance in the three years heís been here. They have won an easy division and district on talent alone.
Old 03-13-18, 09:03 AM
All District

I disagree there chief. I have heard for 30 years the parents their are crazy and the administration allows it to go on. I know a few people who went their over the years who are now adults and they will tell you that the squeaky wheal gets the oil in tipp city. In other words, the more you complain, the more you play. I could be wrong though but I dont think so.