Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-08-18, 08:55 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Crusaders with the name-calling when anyone disagrees with him. Classic.
Old 03-08-18, 08:56 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
No, but it's going to happen is my point. We're not stopping it.
I don't think human extinction is inevitable, and I think that is a really odd thing to conclude.
Old 03-08-18, 08:59 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Crusaders with the name-calling when anyone disagrees with him. Classic.
To not fear something of advanced intelligence that cannot be predicted is to be a complete moron.
Old 03-08-18, 09:02 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
I don't think human extinction is inevitable, and I think that is a really odd thing to conclude.
99.9% of all animals that have ever existed are now extinct so I actually think it's odd for you to include we have any sort of chance of stopping what has been going on for billions of years. You live and die in 80 years. Enjoy it.
Old 03-08-18, 09:04 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
To not fear something of advanced intelligence that cannot be predicted is to be a complete moron.
You have no idea what's going to happen any more than the next guy.

Also I'm not disagreeing that there shouldn't be some sort of regulation just so they don't become our overlords orsomething, but a natural integration will no doubt happen at some point. That's what I mean when I say evolution, if we continue on it won't always be in this form.
Old 03-08-18, 09:04 PM
All World

Sykotyk will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Only complete morons don't
The problem is that they keep thinking there'll be supervisor jobs to oversee machines in a factory. The reality is we're getting closer to just creating machines that ARE the supervisors. Thereby replacing the one menial job we always felt still would be safe from technological advances.

When we created the automobile, we didn't try to figure out a way to keep hundreds of thousands of horses alive and happy. If we create robots that can do everything we can do, only better, safer, and more consistent, there's really no reason for us to be in the job market. Robots would do everything for us, including figuring out what next needs to be done.

The question is, when every job can be filled by a robot why would anyone hire a human?
Old 03-08-18, 09:08 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
99.9% of all animals that have ever existed are now extinct so I actually think it's odd for you to include we have any sort of chance of stopping what has been going on for billions of years. You live and die in 80 years. Enjoy it.
99.9% of all animals that have ever existed have not been humans. We're an anomaly. We have control over our fate in ways no other animal has.

You seem a bit too...quietly rooting for extinction. Maybe you need a shrink.
Old 03-08-18, 09:16 PM
All Yappi

Yeah I'm quietly rooting for our extinction. Decent strawman.

Eyes were probably an anomaly too, same with hearing, smelling and all other senses. But they evolved over millions of years just like our conscience has and will. I believe that it's likely it's just another sense we are developing. It's an anomaly only because our sense of time is so infinitesimal and we can't even begin to wrap our heads around how long this has all been going on.
Old 03-08-18, 09:21 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
You have no idea what's going to happen any more than the next guy.

Also I'm not disagreeing that there shouldn't be some sort of regulation just so they don't become our overlords orsomething, but a natural integration will no doubt happen at some point. That's what I mean when I say evolution, if we continue on it won't always be in this form.
It's pretty obvious what can happen without limits placed on it.

Our choices are: limit AI to below human intelligence or don't (and become obsolete).

If we become obsolete, there's no guarantee AI will see a purpose in integrating with us. It would be like us wanting to integrate with a dolphin. And there will of course be ethic issues with it.

If we limit AI, integration will be limited, not species changing. We have a better shot at changing ourselves dramatically through DNA manipulation, and I trust that about as much as AI.
Old 03-08-18, 09:27 PM
All Yappi

I've already stated I'm not against regulation as a last case, doomsday option, and that if we do continue on it won't be in our current form. It will be a long, long-term integration. But technology is going to change us and evolve with us. It's already happening.

Even then I'm not even sure we have the ability to stifle it. The box is already open. We want it, and it's making our lives easier and overall better( IMO; there are obviously downsides depending on how you look at it, but overall I think our lives are better).
Old 03-08-18, 09:29 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Yeah I'm quietly rooting for our extinction. Decent strawman.

Eyes were probably an anomaly too, same with hearing, smelling and all other senses. But they evolved over millions of years just like our conscience has and will. I believe that it's likely it's just another sense we are developing. It's an anomaly only because our sense of time is so infinitesimal and we can't even begin to wrap our heads around how long this has all been going on.
On Earth, none of those things are anomalies. Our level of intelligence is. No other species has come close to doing what we can do.

I'm not sure what you mean by our conscience evolving. Conscience is something that develops in each individual based on the lessons they learn, experiences, brain structure, and temperament.

It's an anomaly because out of the billions of species that have ever lived on Earth, we are the only one to develop such intelligence.
Old 03-08-18, 09:30 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
god, what a f’n loon. Saders is just a younger lotr.
Old 03-08-18, 09:32 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I've already stated I'm not against regulation as a last case, doomsday option, and that if we do continue on it won't be in our current form. It will be a long, long-term integration. But technology is going to change us and evolve with us. It's already happening.

Even then I'm not even sure we have the ability to stifle it. The box is already open. We want it, and it's making our lives easier and overall better( IMO; there are obviously downsides depending on how you look at it, but overall I think our lives are better).
The problem is few are talking seriously about regulating it, and the people in labs developing it are half-hazard about it, very proud of themselves for being able to do it. Vanity and arrogance are a couple of a huge problems. Not only do we have to regulate AI but we have to be very careful who we let work on it.
Old 03-08-18, 09:34 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
god, what a fn loon. Saders is just a younger lotr.
ep going full rhetard
Old 03-08-18, 09:38 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
On Earth, none of those things are anomalies. Our level of intelligence is. No other species has come close to doing what we can do.

I'm not sure what you mean by our conscience evolving. Conscience is something that develops in each individual based on the lessons they learn, experiences, brain structure, and temperament.

It's an anomaly because out of the billions of species that have ever lived on Earth, we are the only one to develop such intelligence.
Sorry, meant consciousness.

I stand by my statement. In your scenario it's likely things like space exploration have to stop.
Old 03-08-18, 09:46 PM
All Yappi

How is consciousness evolving?
Old 03-08-18, 09:48 PM
All Yappi

No one knows how it's evolving. But it obviously evolved at some point for a reason. Just like the eyes, the nose, the ears, etc. They all had reasons. Usually to make us bigger, smarter, and able to survive longer. I doubt consciousness is any different.
Old 03-08-18, 09:59 PM
All Yappi

Also, there's probably a limit to our intelligence without the influence of outside forces like robots and machines, just like there's a limit to sight and a limit to smell. Once that limit is reached we're going to(and already are, for quite a while now) gravitate toward those external influences.
Old 03-08-18, 10:00 PM
All Ohio

buckeye53 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
So, that's gross income, right ?

what kind of car and what year ? Average weekly miles ? How much is gas ? Insurance cost ?
Mostly short runs from the airport to downtown, or to hotels. Toyota Prius, he says good extra cash to go along with his Social Security.
Old 03-08-18, 11:08 PM
All District

IamToz15 is on a distinguished road
Will future robots vote republican? I mean it is "artificial intelligence"
Old 03-08-18, 11:25 PM
All Yappi

OhioBobcatFan06 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Strange to dig all that up, but funny.
Only reason I don't make fun of ppl who dig up long lists of posts is because someone might've designed artificial intelligence to do that for them

Last edited by OhioBobcatFan06; 03-08-18 at 11:36 PM.
Old 03-08-18, 11:35 PM
All Yappi

OhioBobcatFan06 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Even then I'm not even sure we have the ability to stifle it. The box is already open.
Knowledge about how to build AI is too widespread. It isn't even that hard.
Old 03-09-18, 07:41 AM
All Yappi

ohiopup is on a distinguished road
A.I. can be great as long as I.A. is observed

1.A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2.A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3.A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws.

:>---

EGA
Old 03-09-18, 12:23 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiopup View Post
A.I. can be great as long as I.A. is observed

1.A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2.A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3.A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws.

:>---

EGA
What are you doing, Dave ?
Old 03-09-18, 12:24 PM
All World

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamToz15 View Post
Will future robots vote republican?
They will until someone figures out how to program emotion to replace logic.
Old 03-09-18, 12:49 PM
All District

IamToz15 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chs1971 View Post
They will until someone figures out how to program emotion to replace logic.
Great movie plot.

The Koch brothers fund the development of robot workers. But these AI's rise up and enslave mankind. Sean Penn and Jane Fonda team up to install the "Wuss" virus into the mainframe. Micheal Moore than uses this to project "visions" into the robots of puppy mills, homeless, and the 2017 Cleveland Browns highlight film.

Robots begin to cry, rust and are defeated by Milo Yiannopoulos as he rides through the sky on a hover craft shooting bowling ball sized flame bombs from his well used bunghole.
Old 03-09-18, 04:04 PM
All World

D4fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
99.9% of all animals that have ever existed have not been humans. We're an anomaly. We have control over our fate in ways no other animal has.

You seem a bit too...quietly rooting for extinction. Maybe you need a shrink.
Well, I must say I never really saw you as the religious type. Yes you are absolutely correct that humans, those God created in His image, have control over their fate like no animal does. Yes, we were created with the ability to reason and consider the scope of our actions unlike any other living organism.

Great minds think alike.

By the way, how far up this thread do I have to go to read about how much Uber drivers earn?
Old 03-09-18, 04:21 PM
All Yappi

I don't think what I wrote there is particularly religious.

First page.
Old 03-10-18, 08:46 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
How is consciousness evolving?
One of his personal heroes ingests hallucinogenics and chills out in a sensory deprivation tank, so "Yay, evolved consciousness!", I guess.

Whatever.
Old 03-10-18, 08:52 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye53 View Post
Mostly short runs from the airport to downtown, or to hotels. Toyota Prius, he says good extra cash to go along with his Social Security.
I guess if the Prius is old enough, he got a healthy tax credit for it, but taking life off of it obviously hastens it's replacement. I don't really know anything about the life expectancy or added maintenance cost of its regenerative braking components, but I hope some of that "extra cash" is being set aside.....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: