Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-02-18, 09:13 AM
All American

cvctrackfan is on a distinguished road
The coach was just a little disappointed. After a frustrating loss you may say something’s you really don’t mean. Her future was looking good this year. She had a great team but it just didn’t work out.
Old 03-02-18, 09:39 PM
All Region

JM92 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvctrackfan View Post
The coach was just a little disappointed. After a frustrating loss you may say something’s you really don’t mean. Her future was looking good this year. She had a great team but it just didn’t work out.

I do understand..had hoped to see them go much furthur. Maybe Jackson can shock the world and make it to state
Old 03-02-18, 10:33 PM
Success is Tradition!

just a fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvctrackfan View Post
The coach was just a little disappointed. After a frustrating loss you may say somethingís you really donít mean. Her future was looking good this year. She had a great team but it just didnít work out.
There is only one team in each division that doesn't have a disappointing end to their season. That would be the state champion. The rest of the teams have a a fair share of could have, would have, should have scenarios.

I don't know if McKinley's chances will be better next year, but I know they return a lot of talent....Bell, Kramer, Lucius, and the two freshman starters (Terrell and Foster). They will, however, lack height again.
Old 03-03-18, 10:32 AM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JM92 View Post
And this annoyed me..almost sounded like coach was blaming officials..I understand the frustration but..
I was cracking up reading that in the paper. Keep it classy Pam.
Old 03-03-18, 03:44 PM
All American

20/20
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
I was cracking up reading that in the paper. Keep it classy Pam.
Typical Davis mantra
Old 03-05-18, 10:58 AM
All Yappi

MCGal
Send a message via AIM to MCGal
Quote:
Originally Posted by just a fan View Post
McKinley didn't have many foul shots. The difference in this game was both Bell and Lee going out early in the 2nd quarter with their 3rd foul (don't think that's happened all year), and McKinley settling for too many quick 3 point shots when Wadsworth collapsed their defense. It definitely didn't help that Wadsworth had a good number of second chance points off of offensive rebounds.

Really tough loss for the Lady Pups.
You always get crazy on this 'early 3 pointer' mantra of yours... I don't know what the radio announcers are saying but it's just not true. Most of the 3 pointers taken are plays run for those shots and those shots normally go down. The only ones I can think of in this case were 2 by Lee when left wide open after she had just made one. I agree not the shot we need but 2 shots out of the entire game?
Old 03-06-18, 07:54 AM
Success is Tradition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCGal View Post
You always get crazy on this 'early 3 pointer' mantra of yours... I don't know what the radio announcers are saying but it's just not true. Most of the 3 pointers taken are plays run for those shots and those shots normally go down. The only ones I can think of in this case were 2 by Lee when left wide open after she had just made one. I agree not the shot we need but 2 shots out of the entire game?
I'm not crazy and it's not a mantra. McKinley is not a good three point shooting team, and when they have a dozen or more attempts, they tend to lose, especially big games. I don't have to see or hear the game to be able to count.

Disagree with me all you want, but there is no need for insult!
Old 03-06-18, 08:50 AM
All Ohio

WhatsupDoc
They always seem to blame the refs. Didn't the assistant coach get tossed out of a tournament game a few years ago? They lost a game they we're supposed to win so it's the refs fault. Good luck all.

Last edited by just a fan; 03-06-18 at 09:22 PM.
Old 03-06-18, 12:57 PM
All American

20/20
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsupDoc View Post
They always seem to blame the refs. Didn't the assistant coach get tossed out of a tournament game a few years ago? They lost a game they we're supposed to win so it's the refs fault. Good luck all.
I personally saw the coach pull the McKinley team off the floor during a summer weekend tournament in Columbus because of perceived bad calls against them.
Old 03-06-18, 07:02 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20/20 View Post
I personally saw the coach pull the McKinley team off the floor during a summer weekend tournament in Columbus because of perceived bad calls against them.
I didn't know they had hired Lavar Ball.
Old 03-06-18, 09:22 PM
Success is Tradition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsupDoc View Post
While I agree that Davis' comment in the Rep article was a poor choice, I'm going to challenge your contention that they always blame the refs. McKinley's only other loss this year was against Jackson....the refs weren't blamed. They lost in the state semi-final game last year....the refs weren't blamed. That doesn't approximate "always."

Now, with that said....I think it is accurate to say that the officiating style of blowing the whistle early and often favored Wadsworth. I'm listening to the Jackson vs. Kenston game right now. There have been very few fouls called through 3 quarters....a different style of officiating which perhaps favors Jackson.

McKinley failed to adjust to the style of officiating.