Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 03-09-18, 10:35 AM
member1 member1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-19-05
Posts: 1,061
member1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Crusada View Post
I’m thinking Dunbar’s head coach/ Montgy Muni Court bailiff goes to bed every night praying no OTHER video surfaces showing “John Doe” on the court during the melee.
I’m sure Judge Krumholz would be interested to see video evidence that an officer of the court/ head coach perjured himself to get his basketball team reinstated.
What do you say Thurgood parents?
Any cell phone videos of the melee?
And who IS this John Doe?
Conveniently, he’s not being identified.

Coach Taylor is sleeping just fine, because he is an honest and fair man. Known him along time and it is not in his character. John Doe is a minor his name won't be in any public information. Everyone involved knows who he is. That theory is worthless. He is a kid and he was in the locker room. This is not Perry Mason, or World Star even. This case is over, Dunbar is playing for a district title tomorrow and you are still trying to put irreverent clues together.... Why?? Move on. Your wasting precious moments that you will never get back!
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 03-09-18, 10:45 AM
bbprodigy bbprodigy is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 12-23-15
Posts: 22
bbprodigy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by member1 View Post
The OJ reference...Hmmmmm? Not relevant to HS boys basketball at all. SMH!

Kids accused was not on the court. He was in the locker room. Only 12 players were seen on the video. What other facts do you need?
How many of those 12 served 2 game suspension would be a nice fact to have. Throw John doe out of it and did Dunbar follow any of nfhs or ohsaa requirements? Ohsaa screwed up by trying to penalize dunbar for 1 player when they should have hit them for lack of administrative control while being on probation. Iím guessing that is coming soon but ohsaa cant take back how bad they screwed up this tournament.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 03-09-18, 11:03 AM
member1 member1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-19-05
Posts: 1,061
member1 is on a distinguished road
Well, sir that is information that you do not have and to be honest, it really does not have anything to do with this case. Like the Superintendent said that is the JV issue and the Varsity team had nothing to do with them being wrong. It's over, put to bed, night night! . Again player #13 was not on the court and that has been proven in court. Move on! Gee Whiz!!!
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 03-09-18, 11:08 AM
bbprodigy bbprodigy is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 12-23-15
Posts: 22
bbprodigy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by member1 View Post
Well, sir that is information that you do not have and to be honest, it really does not have anything to do with this case. Like the Superintendent said that is the JV issue and the Varsity team had nothing to do with them being wrong. It's over, put to bed, night night! . Again player #13 was not on the court and that has been proven in court. Move on! Gee Whiz!!!
Member you are the one who asked if anybody needed any more facts. JV or varsity both fall under same administrative control just like any other sport at dunbar. Whats it going to feel like when dunbar track is deemed ineligible due to lack of institutional control over boys jv basketball?
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 03-09-18, 11:25 AM
member1 member1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-19-05
Posts: 1,061
member1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbprodigy View Post
Member you are the one who asked if anybody needed any more facts. JV or varsity both fall under same administrative control just like any other sport at dunbar. Whats it going to feel like when dunbar track is deemed ineligible due to lack of institutional control over boys jv basketball?
Only facts I ever referenced is whether or not player 13 was on the court. That is a proven no.. Are you speaking of some other "alternative facts"??
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 03-09-18, 01:03 PM
bbprodigy bbprodigy is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 12-23-15
Posts: 22
bbprodigy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by member1 View Post
Only facts I ever referenced is whether or not player 13 was on the court. That is a proven no.. Are you speaking of some other "alternative facts"??
Member you said film showed only 12 players on the court during fight and what other facts do you need. I asked how many of those 12 served suspension and you go off on another tangent. We seem to have a dunbar-oshaa failure to communicate issue so i will just let it go since you are too ignorant to even know what you wrote and the question you asked.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 03-09-18, 01:57 PM
member1 member1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-19-05
Posts: 1,061
member1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbprodigy View Post
Member you said film showed only 12 players on the court during fight and what other facts do you need. I asked how many of those 12 served suspension and you go off on another tangent. We seem to have a dunbar-oshaa failure to communicate issue so i will just let it go since you are too ignorant to even know what you wrote and the question you asked.
What you fail to seem to understand is that your ignorance about the sole issue of this case may prevent you from really being a prodigy.

The other question about the 12 kids is not "relevant" to this case...I have said before I do not know about those other 12 kids. That is another situation that DPS is dealing with. The issue about player 13 is the only relevant issue to whether or not Dunbar continued.... Please try and get that through you prodigy mind. The kid in question, player #13 was in the locker room. What else do you or anyone else need to know about that kid. His whereabouts during this unfortunate situation is all that matters. That was the sole issue of the suspension. That's it. The 12 other kids is another issue. You and the rest of the Dunbar hating goof balls on Yappi are trying to remove Dunbar from the planet based on stuff that has nothing to do with this case. Holly molly!

If this was in court, which it was....And the judge asked the question "where was player #13? The kid that you said played in tournament game that led to the suspension" and DPS said "in the locker room" and OHSAA lawyers said "what about the other 12 kids, what about them"?? the DPS lawyer would object and the judge would sustain based on relevancy. Why, because what happen with kid 1-12 has nothing to do with this case! What other facts relevant to this case do you need?
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 03-09-18, 02:11 PM
Groundhog Day Groundhog Day is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-20-16
Posts: 121
Groundhog Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by member1 View Post
What you fail to seem to understand is that your ignorance about the sole issue of this case may prevent you from really being a prodigy.

The other question about the 12 kids is not "relevant" to this case...I have said before I do not know about those other 12 kids. That is another situation that DPS is dealing with. The issue about player 13 is the only relevant issue to whether or not Dunbar continued.... Please try and get that through you prodigy mind. The kid in question, player #13 was in the locker room. What else do you or anyone else need to know about that kid. His whereabouts during this unfortunate situation is all that matters. That was the sole issue of the suspension. That's it. The 12 other kids is another issue. You and the rest of the Dunbar hating goof balls on Yappi are trying to remove Dunbar from the planet based on stuff that has nothing to do with this case. Holly molly!

If this was in court, which it was....And the judge asked the question "where was player #13? The kid that you said played in tournament game that led to the suspension" and DPS said "in the locker room" and OHSAA lawyers said "what about the other 12 kids, what about them"?? the DPS lawyer would object and the judge would sustain based on relevancy. Why, because what happen with kid 1-12 has nothing to do with this case! What other facts relevant to this case do you need?
Didn't the coach say that he PASSED the PLAYER in the HALLWAY on his way out to the COMMOTION? I know, being picky and in the eyes of the court still applied here but don't think he was in the locker room.

Second, Super kinda threw AD under the bus with her comments about the suspensions. OHSAA screwed this issue for sure. Questions down the road will be what will Dunbar/DPS do to convince the OHSAA that things will improve (since they didn't do that last year).

Tourney moves on, best of luck to Dunbar
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 03-09-18, 02:22 PM
member1 member1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-19-05
Posts: 1,061
member1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog Day View Post
Didn't the coach say that he PASSED the PLAYER in the HALLWAY on his way out to the COMMOTION? I know, being picky and in the eyes of the court still applied here but don't think he was in the locker room.

Second, Super kinda threw AD under the bus with her comments about the suspensions. OHSAA screwed this issue for sure. Questions down the road will be what will Dunbar/DPS do to convince the OHSAA that things will improve (since they didn't do that last year).

Tourney moves on, best of luck to Dunbar
He was not involved in the fight or did he leave the bench to participate. He was getting ready for the JV game. Maybe somebody from Dunbar would like to explain the locker room set-up so you can say "oh that hallway". Taylor passed all the varsity kids getting ready for the game through the "hallway" he is talking about. C'mon man, you reaching...

On another note. I agree on everything else you said in you post after that statement.
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 03-09-18, 02:40 PM
CometCountry CometCountry is online now
All World
 
Join Date: 02-06-05
Posts: 2,968
CometCountry is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbprodigy View Post
Member you said film showed only 12 players on the court during fight and what other facts do you need. I asked how many of those 12 served suspension and you go off on another tangent. We seem to have a dunbar-oshaa failure to communicate issue so i will just let it go since you are too ignorant to even know what you wrote and the question you asked.
Been that way all week bbprodigy--member never answers why the kids weren't suspended 2 games per OHSAA rules--only the 2 fighters were suspended--but that is not the rule--so member says Dunbar will "tighten things up"--and only the head coach can say the 13th kid was in the locker room--no video of it, but just his "word". Been alot of deflection on this one!!

That's Ok cuz I'd rather watch my kid coach at UD Arena on a Saturday than playing a game at Hamilton High--which has a very nice gym.
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 03-09-18, 02:43 PM
member1 member1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-19-05
Posts: 1,061
member1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometCountry View Post
Been that way all week bbprodigy--member never answers why the kids weren't suspended 2 games per OHSAA rules--only the 2 fighters were suspended--but that is not the rule--so member says Dunbar will "tighten things up"--and only the head coach can say the 13th kid was in the locker room--no video of it, but just his "word". Been alot of deflection on this one!!

That's Ok cuz I'd rather watch my kid coach at UD Arena on a Saturday than playing a game at Hamilton High--which has a very nice gym.
Now here you go. I do not know about kids 1-12.. Said it now said it before, saying it again. The issue was #13.......
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 03-09-18, 02:52 PM
member1 member1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-19-05
Posts: 1,061
member1 is on a distinguished road
Oh, now you on that Zapruder film stuff.. The magic bullet! This thread is officially from another planet...LOL!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 03-09-18, 02:57 PM
Vox Crusada Vox Crusada is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-19-02
Location: Not Stark county-it sucks
Posts: 3,252
Vox Crusada is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer89 View Post
Hypothetically speaking, what happens if footage comes out later (cell phone video from the stands or something) showing that the player in question actually was involved? How bad do things get then?
Exactly my point quoted here from Post #121 above:

Iím thinking Dunbarís head coach/ Montgy Muni Court bailiff goes to bed every night praying no OTHER video surfaces showing ďJohn DoeĒ on the court during the melee.
Iím sure Judge Krumholz would be interested to see video evidence that an officer of the court/ head coach perjured himself to get his basketball team reinstated.
What do you say Thurgood parents?
Any cell phone videos of the melee?
And who IS this John Doe?
Conveniently, heís not being identified.
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 03-09-18, 03:00 PM
member1 member1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-19-05
Posts: 1,061
member1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometCountry View Post
Been that way all week bbprodigy--member never answers why the kids weren't suspended 2 games per OHSAA rules--only the 2 fighters were suspended--but that is not the rule--so member says Dunbar will "tighten things up"--and only the head coach can say the 13th kid was in the locker room--no video of it, but just his "word". Been alot of deflection on this one!!

That's Ok cuz I'd rather watch my kid coach at UD Arena on a Saturday than playing a game at Hamilton High--which has a very nice gym.
I have said, before, saying now and will say again. I don't know, you geezer! LOL!

Just because you want to focus on another issue and you are the Associations's under boss does not make everybody else have to listen to you. You and your 35 years of experience. You want that to be the issue so bad! It's not, player 13 was! I do not know what was done because my focus was the real issue! Was player 13 on the floor? No he was not! That is the only point or "fact" that I have expressed. That other stuff is what YOU want them do go down for. But OHSAA botched it and it's like swallowing a bar of soap for some of yall. Man! Some dude on here even talking about another film or clip or upside angle that may show up, lol! Give me a freakin break! OHSAA said play 13 was on the floor...Dunbar said he was not...Goes to court Dunbar wins.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 03-09-18, 03:18 PM
hammer89 hammer89 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-12-18
Posts: 110
hammer89 is on a distinguished road
https://twitter.com/WHIORadio/status/972203553027772417

Weird, why would they be suspended if they won? Almost like there is some more info yet to come...
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 03-09-18, 03:29 PM
member1 member1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-19-05
Posts: 1,061
member1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer89 View Post
https://twitter.com/WHIORadio/status/972203553027772417

Weird, why would they be suspended if they won? Almost like there is some more info yet to come...
Maybe because of players 1-12??? Ask CometCountry! Maybe these are the "answers" or "facts" he is looking for.. I was focused on player 13
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 03-09-18, 03:32 PM
AllSports12 AllSports12 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-31-07
Posts: 3,488
AllSports12 is on a distinguished road
Principal and AD are the two this refers to....

What a mess....
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 03-09-18, 03:39 PM
CometCountry CometCountry is online now
All World
 
Join Date: 02-06-05
Posts: 2,968
CometCountry is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer89 View Post
https://twitter.com/WHIORadio/status/972203553027772417

Weird, why would they be suspended if they won? Almost like there is some more info yet to come...
https://www.whio.com/news/dayton-sch..._whioradio_sfp

So the Dunbar Principal and Baker are suspended til further notice--and Taylor blames the refs for "not supplying player #'s"--but Thurgood knew who to suspend?? Fishy and OHSAA will win the war!!

From the article:
Dunbar varsity coach Chuck Taylor testified Tuesday that he knows leaving the bench during a fight leads to a two-game suspension. Dunbar JV coach Donnovan Brown testified that he knew which five players were on the court when the brawl started. And both men testified that they watched the tape dozens of times. The tape shows several Dunbar bench players running into the on-court melee.

But when Taylor was asked under oath why Dunbar didnít suspend players for coming off the bench, he said ďItís up to the referee to help us out and give us some numbers.Ē The refereeís report did not list the numbers of the players who came off the bench.

Thurgood Marshall players also left the bench during the Jan. 10 fight, but the school suspended those players in consultation with school administrators and the district athletic administrator, according to both Thurgood coaches, and the OHSAA.
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 03-09-18, 03:46 PM
CometCountry CometCountry is online now
All World
 
Join Date: 02-06-05
Posts: 2,968
CometCountry is on a distinguished road
Based on court testimony, and the article, HC Taylor and JV coach Brown should also be suspended like Baker and the Principal because they knowingly played the players who were on the court in the melee in JV games the rest of the season--direct violation of NFHS and OHSAA rules--neither one should be coaching further in the tournament--and the article says the DPS attorney acknowledged that "further documents have come into existence" as of Friday--don't be surprised if coaches are suspended as well:

The disciplinary documents were dated March 1 for Baker and March 2 for Phillips. It is unclear whether other DPS employees have since been placed on leave. This news organization’s records request was submitted March 2, and Friday’s response from an attorney representing the district mentioned “additional documents that have come into existence since your original request.”

OHSAA will win!!
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 03-09-18, 03:54 PM
Dr. Pepper Dr. Pepper is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 02-12-06
Location: South Dayton Suburb
Posts: 259
Dr. Pepper is on a distinguished road
If Dunbar is lucky and if Coach Taylor is relieved of his duties, maybe they can get the best coach in the state of Ohio to take the head coaching job at Dunbar. He is the man that should have been the coach all along. The coach is PETER PULLEN. Peter Pullen would have never let something like this happen.
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 03-09-18, 03:59 PM
CometCountry CometCountry is online now
All World
 
Join Date: 02-06-05
Posts: 2,968
CometCountry is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Pepper View Post
If Dunbar is lucky and if Coach Taylor is relieved of his duties, maybe they can get the best coach in the state of Ohio to take the head coaching job at Dunbar. He is the man that should have been the coach all along. The coach is PETER PULLEN. Peter Pullen would have never let something like this happen.
Well said Dr. Pepper--Pullen was a top coach!!
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 03-09-18, 04:07 PM
nelmo nelmo is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-29-12
Posts: 80
nelmo is on a distinguished road
This is definitely a case of winning the battle but losing the war for Dunbar and its admin. They won the battle of staying in this year's tournament, but not suspending the players who came off the bench is going to be a painful war to lose. Wouldn't be surprised if Dunbar is ineligible for next year's postseason at a minimum.
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 03-09-18, 04:33 PM
Groundhog Day Groundhog Day is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-20-16
Posts: 121
Groundhog Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by member1 View Post
He was not involved in the fight or did he leave the bench to participate. He was getting ready for the JV game. Maybe somebody from Dunbar would like to explain the locker room set-up so you can say "oh that hallway". Taylor passed all the varsity kids getting ready for the game through the "hallway" he is talking about. C'mon man, you reaching...

On another note. I agree on everything else you said in you post after that statement.
You assume I was reaching (negative), just trying to be factual. True, I haven't been to Dunbar's gym but 4 other DPS gyms. None have a locker room that opens directly into the gym. I didn't say the player did anything wrong. I know your fighting a lot of battles but don't assume I don't get what you were fighting for.
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 03-09-18, 04:40 PM
Irish60 Irish60 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-17-14
Posts: 1,958
Irish60 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelmo View Post
This is definitely a case of winning the battle but losing the war for Dunbar and its admin. They won the battle of staying in this year's tournament, but not suspending the players who came off the bench is going to be a painful war to lose. Wouldn't be surprised if Dunbar is ineligible for next year's postseason at a minimum.
I wonder if there is any precedent for OHSAA suspending a varsity program for player participation infractions of the JV squad. It very well could be, but I just don't know.
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 03-10-18, 11:33 PM
TheGreatElk TheGreatElk is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-17-15
Posts: 91
TheGreatElk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish60 View Post
I wonder if there is any precedent for OHSAA suspending a varsity program for player participation infractions of the JV squad. It very well could be, but I just don't know.
Havenít been on here in a while, but I felt I had to speak up. Had Pullen been in charge the situation wouldnít be any different. Wasnít he at the helm for the football fiasco? I remember a lot of shady things going on when he coached. The sad thing is that they lied to get back in the tournament and all the kids know the adults lied. That means the whole school knows they lied. Ask any Thurgood coach. What a lesson for the kids.
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 03-11-18, 12:24 AM
member1 member1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-19-05
Posts: 1,061
member1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatElk View Post
Havenít been on here in a while, but I felt I had to speak up. Had Pullen been in charge the situation wouldnít be any different. Wasnít he at the helm for the football fiasco? I remember a lot of shady things going on when he coached. The sad thing is that they lied to get back in the tournament and all the kids know the adults lied. That means the whole school knows they lied. Ask any Thurgood coach. What a lesson for the kids.
What did they lie about?
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 03-11-18, 09:52 AM
Vinegar Vinegar is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 05-02-17
Posts: 172
Vinegar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by member1 View Post
What did they lie about?
John Doe was on the floor, off the bench. Didn't think people wouldn't talk, did you? Especially at Trotwood. And...there is video. Gonna be crazy to watch this play out. Better be anyway...or OHSAA should just throw out the rule book and just manage tournaments.

Guilty might as well come clean now.
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 03-11-18, 10:36 AM
Vox Crusada Vox Crusada is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-19-02
Location: Not Stark county-it sucks
Posts: 3,252
Vox Crusada is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinegar View Post
John Doe was on the floor, off the bench. Didn't think people wouldn't talk, did you? Especially at Trotwood. And...there is video. Gonna be crazy to watch this play out. Better be anyway...or OHSAA should just throw out the rule book and just manage tournaments.

Guilty might as well come clean now.
I think itís HILARIOUS that HC Taylor perjured himself in court, as an officer of the court, just to get to a title-less game, then lose the District final.

He now stands to lose his coaching job AND his day job, and for what?

Lying liar.

The Truth is out there
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 03-11-18, 10:43 AM
eastisbest eastisbest is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-06
Posts: 18,529
eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer89 View Post
Hypothetically speaking, what happens if footage comes out later (cell phone video from the stands or something) showing that the player in question actually was involved? How bad do things get then?
Based upon these threads? Grown men will get woodies, probably salivate and scream the injustice that these kids and coaches weren't put in jail over this.

In ANY measure, this was a minor infraction if it was an infraction and only made worse by communications that could have been better. It's one of those things hopefully learned from, the system improves and everyone moves on. Maybe one or two will even grow up. The proposed penalty was obviously ridiculous.
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 03-11-18, 10:48 AM
Vinegar Vinegar is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 05-02-17
Posts: 172
Vinegar is on a distinguished road
If you play an ineligible player in a varsity game, you forfeit the game. That standard has been around forever. Then, as leaders in Educational programs, you don't lie about it. Amazing.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hoover D-1 District Rankings #5 McClearn7 Wrestling 7 02-16-18 10:26 AM
Dunbar at Belmont 1/26 BelmontBison Boys Basketball 3 01-27-18 11:38 PM
Belmont vs Dunbar 12/12 History???? BelmontBison Boys Basketball 15 12-14-17 03:11 PM
Dunbar @ Goshen PeterDragon Football 18 11-04-17 01:24 AM
Game report_ Dayton Dunbar 48 Cincinnati Aiken 6 LICKING COUNTY FAN Football 3 09-25-17 12:26 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz