Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #91  
Old 03-04-18, 07:47 PM
sehs sehs is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-07-03
Posts: 1,123
sehs
I agree with B-ball, he hasn't been effective at all, maybe once or twice in an article they talk about him but he's not the player he thought he was going to be at Garfield.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 03-04-18, 07:55 PM
James x2 James x2 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-08-09
Location: Over there
Posts: 430
James x2 is on a distinguished road
When is the earliest St. Ed's can play these guys?
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 03-04-18, 07:57 PM
Bball216 Bball216 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-08-13
Posts: 2,716
Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
State. If Ed's gets by St.John which I expect them to do based on how they are playing. I still think Garfield does not get out of Solon and if they somehow do they will not make it out of CSU.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 03-04-18, 08:29 PM
Bennies'01 Bennies'01 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-28-04
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 19,174
Bennies'01 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1227 View Post
Garfield struggling to beat eucild a very bad sign.
Strange.

Is the same Euclid team that many here were saying was playing much better and were predicting in an upset special?

Is this the same Euclid team that lost by 6 to the #1 seed at Euclid, beat the #3 seed at the Euclid district, beat the Senate League champions, and swept two different westside GCC schools that are sectional champions?

Strange.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 03-04-18, 08:34 PM
Bennies'01 Bennies'01 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-28-04
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 19,174
Bennies'01 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball216 View Post
Bennies - in all do respect he has been pretty silent all year. When there is a recap of their games on Cleveland.com he is sometimes not even mentioned. It's not a secret he is unhappy 01. Do you think the situation will get better with Sonny Jr in the mix next year ? You know it will be the Sonny Jr and Meechie show next year - don't even argue that. I'm just saying if he says at Joe's odds are he is playing in Columbus. If he wants to go to state this year the odds are it will be as a spectator.
No "do" respect. Your posts continue to be out of line.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 03-04-18, 08:37 PM
Bennies'01 Bennies'01 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-28-04
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 19,174
Bennies'01 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by James x2 View Post
Go back and see that I asked about his ankle injury.He wasn't hobbled and it was obvious this team runs through its guards.Two other big men on Garfield were focal points.Gaffney hung out around the top of the key much of the first three qtrs.Down low was when the tide turned.Your opinion is to eff with ANYBODY who is affiliated with VASJ.Your opinion is ...........wait.....I JUST FLUSHED MY TOILET!!!!!
I didn't say a word about VASJ because the school has nothing to do with this thread.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 03-04-18, 08:43 PM
Bball216 Bball216 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-08-13
Posts: 2,716
Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
The big difference is Euclid does not have 8 D1 players (according to Sonny). Euclid is much better but they are still a work in progress. I think what the poster was saying is having a tough game AT HOME against Euclid makes you look ahead to might be coming down the line. There are better teams then Euclid coming up and Garfield will not be in the friendly confines of their home floor. Garfield has not played well on the road this year as well.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 03-04-18, 08:52 PM
Bennies'01 Bennies'01 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-28-04
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 19,174
Bennies'01 is on a distinguished road
Well then it's a good thing for them the rest of the games from here on out are at neutral sites.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 03-05-18, 11:23 AM
FlannMann87 FlannMann87 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 01-31-18
Posts: 48
FlannMann87 is on a distinguished road
Gaffney is unhappy! Where was 216 when Gaffney was unhappy at VASJ? I assume he was because he left. Like you said, he would of been the focal point and he still left. Not a good look and If I was a VASJ supporter I wouldn't celebrate that. I see you all over this forum telling people to move on, yet you won't let go of a high school kid who left your school. Zo is doing fine.
Sure Garfield may lose. It's D1. Plenty of teams who can win the title. Euclid is not a great team, but still a tough 1st round match up for a 1 seed's 1st game. VASJ will roll to the district finals, because the teams they play before hand don't have enough good teams on their schedule!
You said Euclid would beat Garfield. Now that Garfield won but it was close it shows they are not that good. Don't change 216. You are the best thing going on this forum.
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 03-05-18, 11:47 AM
Bball216 Bball216 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-08-13
Posts: 2,716
Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
I absoultely thought Euclid could pull the upset. Maybe on a neutral floor they do. Euclid has good coaching and their kids are playing well together. They have the kind of kids who are not int imitated by Garfield. They were right in the game in the final minutes. I did not change my thoughts. Garfield is nowhere near as good as many thought and they sure don't play like a team with 8 D1 players.

Keep an eye on Gaffney in the off season. His Dad took him out of Joe's. Kids who know him do not think he wanted to go. It came down to him wanting to play on the perimeter and not in the post. When he plays the perimeter at Garfield he is a non factor and does not make a difference until he gets into the paint. He is like a 4th option on that team. It is what it is. The grass is not always greener. If he goes to a prep school don't think I won't say I told you so.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old 03-05-18, 09:22 PM
James x2 James x2 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-08-09
Location: Over there
Posts: 430
James x2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennies'01 View Post
I didn't say a word about VASJ because the school has nothing to do with this thread.
Gaffney was the topic and yes where he came from was being discussed.You take plenty of shots at that school and its followers.You sure seem to be a confrontational character on this site. You sound a lot like a public school teacher.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 03-05-18, 09:43 PM
Bball216 Bball216 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-08-13
Posts: 2,716
Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not sure Gaffney and his Dad expected to be the fourth option behind Johnson, Heath and Waller. He would have been the #1 option at Joe's. That is what makes many of us shake our heads. If he is happy so be it. He is a good kid. But there are rumblings are things are not so rosey.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 03-06-18, 09:25 AM
cardzfan1234's Avatar
cardzfan1234 cardzfan1234 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-04-04
Location: Painesville Twp.
Posts: 11,079
cardzfan1234 is on a distinguished road
This district has historically been a Saturday 1pm district final. A couple times over the years, I would watch both this and the Euclid final on the same day. Too bad that changed. I would have considered pulling a double-header this year. When did they start going 7pm at this district?
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 03-06-18, 10:31 AM
FlannMann87 FlannMann87 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 01-31-18
Posts: 48
FlannMann87 is on a distinguished road
Plenty of "rumblings" at VASJ. You make it sound like Gaffney chooses schools bases solely on Basketball.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 03-06-18, 11:21 AM
Unlimited Potential Unlimited Potential is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-17-17
Posts: 60
Unlimited Potential is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardzfan1234 View Post
This district has historically been a Saturday 1pm district final. A couple times over the years, I would watch both this and the Euclid final on the same day. Too bad that changed. I would have considered pulling a double-header this year. When did they start going 7pm at this district?
Last year was 2pm.

Prior year was a 7pm.

A late change is possible also, as that has happened in the past.
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 03-06-18, 11:54 AM
Bball216 Bball216 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-08-13
Posts: 2,716
Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
Considering just a few years ago kids were leaving school at 1pm with a bagged lunch and it was (and still might be) in academic emergency. It's safe to say he left for basketball.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 03-06-18, 12:14 PM
tribefan23 tribefan23 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 01-12-18
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 222
tribefan23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball216 View Post
The big difference is Euclid does not have 8 D1 players (according to Sonny). Euclid is much better but they are still a work in progress. I think what the poster was saying is having a tough game AT HOME against Euclid makes you look ahead to might be coming down the line. There are better teams then Euclid coming up and Garfield will not be in the friendly confines of their home floor. Garfield has not played well on the road this year as well.
I know you're not being serious about it, but Garfield does not have 8 D1 players. Maybe 3 right now. Sonny being Sonny I guess, hyping the team up
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 03-06-18, 01:05 PM
brusharc1986 brusharc1986 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-06-17
Posts: 122
brusharc1986 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball216 View Post
Considering just a few years ago kids were leaving school at 1pm with a bagged lunch and it was (and still might be) in academic emergency. It's safe to say he left for basketball.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Unlimited, don't let Bball216 put you down. He doesn't represent the way the Viking Village feels about Babe. Every time he and Mug come on here they render themselves more and more unhinged and damage their reputations in the Village. You can keep posting pictures that Babe himself puts on the web and making comments on them as much as you like. You are twice the Viking fan either of these guys ever were, and your posts are respected in the Village. You, FlanMan, Bennies '01, and LCHSMan, and SgonakisJr don't deserve the kind of vitriol that Bball and Mug throw your way any time you come on here and ask realistic questions that they simply don't have answer to.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 03-06-18, 02:18 PM
Unlimited Potential Unlimited Potential is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-17-17
Posts: 60
Unlimited Potential is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brusharc1986 View Post
Unlimited, don't let Bball216 put you down. He doesn't represent the way the Viking Village feels about Babe. Every time he and Mug come on here they render themselves more and more unhinged and damage their reputations in the Village. You can keep posting pictures that Babe himself puts on the web and making comments on them as much as you like. You are twice the Viking fan either of these guys ever were, and your posts are respected in the Village. You, FlanMan, Bennies '01, and LCHSMan, and SgonakisJr don't deserve the kind of vitriol that Bball and Mug throw your way any time you come on here and ask realistic questions that they simply don't have answer to.
I thought the gentleman in the picture was trying out for a new CSI Miami; however it was just a glamour shot he posted himself - looking forward to the next one !
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 03-06-18, 05:15 PM
Bennies'01 Bennies'01 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-28-04
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 19,174
Bennies'01 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by James x2 View Post
Gaffney was the topic and yes where he came from was being discussed.You take plenty of shots at that school and its followers.You sure seem to be a confrontational character on this site. You sound a lot like a public school teacher.
Again your inaccurate ramblings have nothing to do with this thread.
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 03-08-18, 01:35 PM
Metacomet's Avatar
Metacomet Metacomet is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 12-10-04
Location: kent
Posts: 7,975
Metacomet is on a distinguished road
Anyone attend last night's Garfield-Harding game? I'd like to know what transpired.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 03-08-18, 01:47 PM
brian1227's Avatar
brian1227 brian1227 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-22-06
Posts: 16,454
brian1227 is on a distinguished road
Garfield heights took 14 point lead, then they played stall. Ball. Alot missed shots and turnovers.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 03-08-18, 01:47 PM
CleveHoopFan08 CleveHoopFan08 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 01-06-08
Posts: 228
CleveHoopFan08 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metacomet View Post
Anyone attend last night's Garfield-Harding game? I'd like to know what transpired.
A bit surprised a team with that many D1 kids could only must 39 points against a team that, in all honesty, simply wasn't that good.

Harding's inability to score the basketball, coupled with a team that at times seemed uninspired, made this a much closer game than it should have been.

In hindsight would Twinsburg have given GHS a better game? We will never know....
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 03-08-18, 04:26 PM
James x2 James x2 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-08-09
Location: Over there
Posts: 430
James x2 is on a distinguished road
No suprise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennies'01 View Post
Again your inaccurate ramblings have nothing to do with this thread.
Again you come on here and look for trouble and you get it. Nothing innacurate about my statements nor do I ramble. You have to do better than this.Your response is standard run of the mill stuff.You speak the same script to everyone here.Funny thing is we are all just exchanging thoughts till you decide to take a dump on the thread and change the flow to negativity.Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 03-08-18, 05:42 PM
Bennies'01 Bennies'01 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-28-04
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 19,174
Bennies'01 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by James x2 View Post
Again you come on here and look for trouble and you get it. Nothing innacurate about my statements nor do I ramble. You have to do better than this.Your response is standard run of the mill stuff.You speak the same script to everyone here.Funny thing is we are all just exchanging thoughts till you decide to take a dump on the thread and change the flow to negativity.Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Only in your imagination my friend.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 03-08-18, 08:03 PM
Worm02 Worm02 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-31-03
Location: Warren, OH
Posts: 6,953
Worm02 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveHoopFan08 View Post
A bit surprised a team with that many D1 kids could only must 39 points against a team that, in all honesty, simply wasn't that good.

Harding's inability to score the basketball, coupled with a team that at times seemed uninspired, made this a much closer game than it should have been.

In hindsight would Twinsburg have given GHS a better game? We will never know....
"Uninspired?" Harding limited Garfield's bigs in the post and made them shoot deep. In hindsight, that's what you want them to do, right? The Bulldogs built their lead once Gaffney's shots started falling towards the end of the 2nd quarter. Offensively, Harding tried to stay away from Garfield's size inside and their shots didn't fall after the 1st quarter.

Harding hung their hat on defense all year, so it was a bit surprising to see teams try to play stall ball against them this postseason. Hudson & Twinsburg both tried it and it eventually backfired, but Garfield took better care of the ball and made a few more shots than Hardng did. Kudos to the Bulldogs for getting the job done and anybody who saw Harding (returned just two lettermen from last year) at the beginning of the season knows that they did a great job of turning everything around and making something out of their season.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 03-08-18, 10:19 PM
Bball216 Bball216 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-08-13
Posts: 2,716
Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hoping Shaker can close the game on Garfield in the rematch.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 03-09-18, 06:34 AM
Bennies'01 Bennies'01 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-28-04
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 19,174
Bennies'01 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball216 View Post
Hoping Shaker can close the game on Garfield in the rematch.
That goes without saying.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 03-09-18, 08:12 AM
CleveHoopFan08 CleveHoopFan08 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 01-06-08
Posts: 228
CleveHoopFan08 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball216 View Post
Hoping Shaker can close the game on Garfield in the rematch.
Unfortunately, this game is going to be decided primarily on officiating. Might have very little to do with the play of great athletes . . .
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 03-09-18, 09:11 AM
Bball216 Bball216 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-08-13
Posts: 2,716
Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
Why is that ? How can you know that prior to seeing who is calling the game. Shaker went through a slump for a week or so but beat the brakes off a very good CCC team. Hard to believe that was the same Shaker team that lost to Revere at home on Senior night. Most teams try to avoid Garfield - Shaker wants to play them. Not sure the feeling is mutual.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
District Changes riders76 Wrestling 10 11-08-17 09:27 PM
Troy D-3 District Rankings (Off Season #3) McClearn7 Wrestling 0 09-21-17 02:28 PM
Waite D-3 District Rankings (Off-Season #1) McClearn7 Wrestling 15 07-22-17 10:47 AM
Coshocton D-3 District Rankings (off season #1) McClearn7 Wrestling 3 05-30-17 07:19 AM
District Champs 2017 Yappi Baseball 11 05-21-17 07:07 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz